hahahaha talking about fallacies spread by fans with that username is either a hilarious joke or you are not aware of the irony.......... Either way that was a good minuet of laughing
also, WHAT? how do you like FI? honestly curious. I could list the things I hate about it. But I think it would be easier to list what I do like about it.
-Jimbe not joining
that is the list. please enlighten me as to any other positive elements.........oh and if you even think about saying "the SH showcasing their new post TS abilities" we are done here......
I dont think anyone should ever take lessons from Kubo........
The difference is that its true. He is indeed overpowered and the plot will conveniently tell him not to use his power when he could win it easily u know like switching minds between dd and treble... but that's none of my business...
Here we go again
- I pretty much consider the shabondy reunion part of it and its awesome beyond words (the excitement of seeing these characters after literally two years).
- The descent to FI was a great breath of fresh air after the bittersweet ending of part 1. It had some of the best art was awesome (the underwater waterfall, the underwater trees). The straw hats interacting and goofing off non stop (nipple lights ftw). We have things like teamwork and Usopp saving the day and being praised by the crew. The fight against the kraken was really good Nami actually being useful.
- Fi was shorter and did not feel like stalling every chapters like this chapter.
- The supporting characters did not take the majority of the pages. If it were today Shiraoshi would have taken even more pages and characters like the minister of the left and right would have pages too.
- Zoro vs Hody had to be one of the best moment of the series. The page of Marimo going underwater is exhilarating. Why ? Before, the ts Zoro got owned a lot, felt bad and truly concerned for Luffy and even going as far to beg to Mihawk himself. In other words, you are rooting for Zoro and him owning Hody in one slash was satisfying because he earns it. The fact that he completely owns him underwater and the NFP pirates being astonished that something like this is even possible is icing on the cake cause its consistent with the theme of making the unthinkable possible and the world is filled with people surpassing limits. Its not like an overpowered emo that we barely know that gets all these freaking superlatives who was already an overconfident and badass who got more badass with no character development...
- Jine actually has a role unlike flopijitora.
- The flashback was actually good. Fisher tiger was badass and made one of the best statement ever (good people are a dying breed). There is the concept of misinformation being spread like Legends vs Reality (Oda telling you not to believe everything you are told and people have their own agenda).
- Hody must be one of the best villain because he is shallow and bland in every sense of the word He is the definition of a bandwagoner because he is unable to think by himself and lets his emotions and misconception rule his life. He is evil in every sense of the word and even as a kid he was not redeemable. He is like the people who swallowed the media's overhypisation of the Trayvon Martin case and the media blatantly lying and modifying facts (modifying the audio recording to make Z man more racist or intentionally using kid martin's photos) to make it a huge deal so that people can show more anger, frustration and chaos. I am not debating wether Z is guilty or not I am debating the media overhyping and blatantly modifying facts to serve their own interests. People wanting to make justice by themselves, being angry and angry sell for the medias cause they don't give a crap about them only the ratings. Holy did exactly all of this and he is an extremely relevant villain in our time. I don't mind Luffy owning him easily right after the time skip. The arc ended quickly and the fact it happened aftert a two year training is justifiable.
- Arlong crying must be one of the most haunting image of the series and actually felt legitimate unlike Bellamy's forced and awful redemption.
- Lol do you prefer seeing more man sherry , rebecca, the announcer vs Sanji being erocook and being badass ? Take your pick ! Would you rather see the straw hats when its a story about them vs a load of boring and pointless side and fillers characters.
- Nami's interaction with Jinbe was heartwarming and the way she forgives him was whoa. She is literally the female lead and acts for Luffy when it could be a little too emotional for him.
- I do agree that Jinbe is boring but he did not take too much screen time, he did not do anything unlikable, he actually helped them constantly and he did not crap on other characters for the heck of it.
- Jinbe giving his blood to Luffy was a perfect way to close the along arc.
- Smoker and Tashigi's teased return was done almost perfectly and hyped you for the next arc that did not live up to it.
Yes there are flaws. Othime and Shiraoshi were kind of annoying but they were the only ones and did not take shitloads of pages unlike this arc which is almost every supporting characters. Hyouzou was kinda of disappointing. I always felt that FI seemed more impracticable to its inhabitants to human because I think Oda intended the island to be filled with water but was not doable or too complicated.
@brokebackdragon Oda said that he puts a maximum of content for every chapter... He is writing weekly. The problems is putting too much fat aka unnecessary character and plotlessness is still bad for the health.
Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 04 June 2015 - 11:47 AM.