646 replies to this topic

#641 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

People are allowed to call a series anything, whether it's "one of my favorites" or "top 20 shittiest". Even things like "objectively bad". Neither of those three things are an indication of reality, but of the way that person thinks based on how he was raised and the things he has seen up until now. Sure, the world would be a less complicated place if everyone everywhere started every nonfactual sentence with "in my opinion", but that would be both tedious and redundant. It would be much easier to just assume that anyone having an opinion is, in fact, just having an opinion. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Edited by Athos, 23 September 2018 - 10:54 AM.

samisig.jpg

#642 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:42 PM

Overlord is terrible tho.

#643 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,167 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:04 AM

People are allowed to call a series anything, whether it's "one of my favorites" or "top 20 shittiest". Even things like "objectively bad". Neither of those three things are an indication of reality, but of the way that person thinks based on how he was raised and the things he has seen up until now. Sure, the world would be a less complicated place if everyone everywhere started every nonfactual sentence with "in my opinion", but that would be both tedious and redundant. It would be much easier to just assume that anyone having an opinion is, in fact, just having an opinion. It will save you a lot of headaches.

LOL that isn't a problem here...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#644 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

Hey, I've been holding on to that speech for like a year. I'm not just gonna watch someone give me the chance and NOT use it.

samisig.jpg

#645 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:06 PM

Are there any anime like Overlord? Not just the genre, but the world building.

#646 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:45 PM

Are there any anime like Overlord? Not just the genre, but the world building.

in what way?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#647 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:31 AM

I'd say if you're looking for a series of the same genre where "the world is also a character", Log Horizon probably did it better. GATE also has a lot of that, although it doesn't have any gaming elements. Whether that's good or bad is up to you. Hey, I liked it. There are others I'd recommend, but they rarely focus on people outside the main cast.

Edited by Athos, 28 November 2018 - 10:41 AM.

samisig.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users