So Big Mom got weaker?

#2022 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

Chopper blocking BM's enraged attack, Jimbei sending BM flying afterwards, Zeus getting cut in half by Brook...

Well she is starving, so I can get Jimbei, especially since he’s the strong man. Chopper might be BS, and Zeus isn’t the most impressive homie while Brook is able to do soul things.

#2023 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

BM is going some RPG moment. She sacrificing defence stats to get speed stats (Assassination Classroom anyone?)

https://readms.net/r...ece/889/4778/15

Bavarois itself says "what's with that agility?"

#2024 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Talking about RPG's, I've found the perfect pokémon to symbolize Big Mom, including a four-move moveset:

Big Mom aka Garbodor: The Trash Heap Pokémon.

Ability: Weak Armor, upon taking physical damage (hunger?), the pokémon's defense drops - but speed rises.

Item: Groundium Z, this upgrades a move to a new and more powerful move.

Moves:

1. Swallow: Worthless without the correct set-up move Stockpile, but it needed to be in here.

2. Amnesia: User forgets something and raises SpDef. She's got no clue about her past and lets face it, she's pretty much immune to fire/lightning.

3. Stomping Tantrum (Leads to the Z-move Tectonic Rage aka, Big Mom moving underground)

4. Drain Punch: A move that lets her restore HP equal to half the damage she dealt to the opponent - something I believe BM used against G4 Luffy.

The only other move that would also work is Frustration for obvious reasons.

#2025 Himynameisriot

Himynameisriot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Well would you look at that.. we all get what we wanted.

Question, if Luffy beats a yonkou... what happens?And more importantly, what happens if he beats TWO yonkou?

Luffy for a billion bounty?

Black Leg and First Son Of The Sea (he needs a new nickname) go over 500?

Theorist.

Personal Theories made in 2016

• Kuzan will join the crew
  • Carrot will join the crew
  • Kaidou is a lab experiment
  • Green Bull will be based off of Sonny Chiba and have a time based DF
  • Blackbeards fruit gives him the ability to use more than one power.

Not my shit

•  Another Yonkou dies
  • Blackbeard kills a "marine" (maybe Kuzan)
  • Luffy gets captured by government
  • Law uses OP surgery on Luffy 
  • Blackbeard becomes the Pirate King

#2026 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

Really? First son of the sea is awesome. At least it is not as stupid as black leg...... he wears black pants..... it isnt even for his haki.... are people that wear black pants really that rare on the seas? Thank god lucci post el didnt make too much of a name for himself or he would have to comepete with sanji.

And on the topic of nicknames. Pirate hunter.... i think it is stupid as hell. At first it sounds awesome dont get me wrong. But then you think to yourself "pirate hunter?! Wasnt he a bounty hunter? So like if a mountain bandit were to have a huge bounty zoro would ignore the guy because he only hunts pirates?" Then you think "how long has it been? At what point do these guys get new nick names?" Like,if luffy lost or passed on his hat would he still be called straw hat luffy?

I think op should follow LFG logic, you get nicknamed based on kills. Which would make luffy's full nickname monkey D. "dirtyplay sir god heavenly deamon" luffy. BB's new full nickname is marshal D. "firefist warden whitebeard pheonix" teach.
  • Himynameisriot likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#2027 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

No chapter this week?

#2028 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

No chapter this week?

Yup.. Next week, hopefully.

#2029 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:07 AM

If the spoilers are correct this chapter is going to be the set up chapter of the set ups.

I could have predicted this one from the moment Sanji said he was going to cook the cake or the moment katakuri CoO was introduced.

Nothing really happens. Have to actually read the chapter and decide whether Sanji and luffy speech is cool or not. It has to match with epic panels where they look bad*ss with shaded eyes and a little veins popping on their foreheads.

Reminds me of my weekends where I say I will be productive. I prepare everything but don't do anything.

Edited by Abaroxa, 10 January 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#2030 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

The spoilers look.....well.....

Cool we get the dogtooth fight again. But i am starting to think oda does actually have add. What is with this 35th daughter nonsense? Cant we have just a fight chapter? Why does every single chapter with a fight in it have to also have some distraction.....

So according to oda 1 chapter fight = boring, 2 chapter fight = epic. So since this dogtooth fight has lasted 5 chapters so far, does that mean it is the greatest fight ever put to paper? I am kidding but in all seriousness oda's definition of a chapter and mine appear to be different. Wheb i say "a chapter" i am refering to a chapter.... oda refers to the 5 pages of the chapter the fight exists. I am sure he would say the crackers fight was 3 chapters, when in reality it was only 15 pages.

Still dont care about sanji. Frankly i dont think i ever will after this. Sanji will forever be the character who left his weak crew members during a fight with an emperor, to go bake a cake.....
Kiadou "now pirate hunter, i will kill you and then your friends!!!!"
Zoro "as long as there is breath in my lungs i will protect my....."
Princess of wano "zoro hey zoro!!!!! Quickly we need your help making booze so we can turn kiadou into a sad drunk"
Zoro "ok see you kiadou, go do what ever you want, i am busy"

See? You couldnt ever picture a serious fighter being as stupid (or lame) as sanji is.

banner.png

#2031 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

the climax is coming,and good or bad its nothing to brood over ;the finale should at least be grand and fitting. 

#2032 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Still dont care about sanji. Frankly i dont think i ever will after this. Sanji will forever be the character who left his weak crew members during a fight with an emperor, to go bake a cake.....
Kiadou "now pirate hunter, i will kill you and then your friends!!!!"
Zoro "as long as there is breath in my lungs i will protect my....."
Princess of wano "zoro hey zoro!!!!! Quickly we need your help making booze so we can turn kiadou into a sad drunk"
Zoro "ok see you kiadou, go do what ever you want, i am busy"

See? You couldnt ever picture a serious fighter being as stupid (or lame) as sanji is.

Lol how is that even close to what's happening here?

#2033 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

Lol how is that even close to what's happening here?

It's hard to argue because yeah, Sanji did leave the weaker Strawhats when they were smackdab in the middle of WholeCake Island with BM bound to get on their tails..

So Sanji could've made a marginal difference deflecting BM head on, but they weren't going to win straight up either way. So I honestly think that he took the right route in this particular situation. Kidd just likes to shame Sanji at every oppurtunity possible.
  • Chillman likes this

#2034 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

It's hard to argue because yeah, Sanji did leave the weaker Strawhats when they were smackdab in the middle of WholeCake Island with BM bound to get on their tails..

So Sanji could've made a marginal difference deflecting BM head on, but they weren't going to win straight up either way. So I honestly think that he took the right route in this particular situation. Kidd just likes to shame Sanji at every oppurtunity possible.

I mean I get it, he went to bake the cake instead of fighting but what's the alternative? Plus that cake is probably THE reason they're not all going to die lol.

I was more referring to that comparison. Like why is Zoro fighting Kaidou? And why would anyone call him over to make booze? Sanji's situation actually makes sense since he's the best cook and without a cake to satisfy BM, everyone dies.

#2035 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

I mean I get it, he went to bake the cake instead of fighting but what's the alternative? Plus that cake is probably THE reason they're not all going to die lol.
I was more referring to that comparison. Like why is Zoro fighting Kaidou? And why would anyone call him over to make booze? Sanji's situation actually makes sense since he's the best cook and without a cake to satisfy BM, everyone dies.

Kidd was making an argument that Sanji should've stayed with the crew to fight BigMom. So he makes a scenario where he assumes Zoro does stay to fight, but twists the story to mimic the choice Sanji made on WCI - based on the assumption that Kaidou is a sake drinking drunk, in order to simulate a similar situation as BigMom's cravings.

But yeah, his argument falls flat and is just another example of Sanji-bashing. Like when he says that Sanji's fighting style only involves kicks.. But never mentions that his kicks produce massive balls of hellfire and that Sanji can effectively fly using sky-walk. "HE ONLY KICKS!!! LAME!!!".. Yup.

#2036 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

But yeah, his argument falls flat and is just another example of Sanji-bashing. Like when he says that Sanji's fighting style only involves kicks.. But never mentions that his kicks produce massive balls of hellfire and that Sanji can effectively fly using sky-walk. "HE ONLY KICKS!!! LAME!!!".. Yup.

Which supports his kicking fighting style. Like I like his fighting style, but that doesn't counter Kidd's complaint.

#2037 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:34 AM

Zoro only slices - but can produce whirlwinds with said slices, so what's the complaint really about? Sanji's kicks aren't stale, he often thinks of new ways to perform them, so does Zoro with his slices.

#2038 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

Zoro only slices - but can produce whirlwinds with said slices, so what's the complaint really about? Sanji's kicks aren't stale, he often thinks of new ways to perform them, so does Zoro with his slices.

if he were able to produced ranged flame attacks i would agree (like rangukyu of CP9)  but so far his abilities seem pretty limited in number (not that zoro is any different , but still). I.e. sky and bluewalk pretty much are the same thing...

Edited by capu, 11 January 2018 - 06:31 AM.

#2039 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,380 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

Kidd was making an argument that Sanji should've stayed with the crew to fight BigMom. So he makes a scenario where he assumes Zoro does stay to fight, but twists the story to mimic the choice Sanji made on WCI - based on the assumption that Kaidou is a sake drinking drunk, in order to simulate a similar situation as BigMom's cravings.

What?! My arguement isnt just another sanji bashing one i stay as objective as i can but nastalgia blinds people to how truely lame sanji is. I get it though, i remember being much younger and watching the OP intro of sanji spinning on his hands and kicking 20 guys in the face at once, that was so cool, but just like the dodo sanji failed to adapt to the times.

Lets talk fighting style. The following SH can use attacks with "balls of hell fire"
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Franky
Usopp
That is half.... half the damn crew uses fire in their attacks, fire is the lamest way to enhance an attack. And if you look historically at how fire is treated in OP....well.... it isnt trewted well. BB's sick and weak doctor took a fire fist from ace and walked it off....
Sadly fire has fallen into the same catagory as explosions and gun, when 10 year olds take them no problem it is very hard to take them seriously.

As for sky walk, dude i have been wondering when sanji was going to get that ability since W7. I saw the new cool leg related move and instantly thought "oh nice, sanji will soon be able to fly and use storm leg" not to mention apperently soru is a leg move also.... what i am trying to say is it has been a long time comming.

I am as non bias as i can be, sanji kicks. A fodder throw away character named wanzo had a more interesting fighting style then "kicking" sai can break steel with shock wazes..... sanji can kick.... robin can clone herself, sanji can kick. Franky has a body made of steel an entire arsenal of weapons inside his body and fists made of steel, sanji can kick. Luffy can inflate his body, stretch and use coc, sanji can kick. Zoro can kill multiple people at once from 20 feet away with a single sword swing. Sanji can kick.

How can you see someone like burgess with flying melee attacks so strong they shake massive buildings, then see sanji have to run up to a sniper and think "wow i cant wait to see sanji fight" if that was burgess he would of stood in place knocked the building down picked it up and threw it across the island. But sanji kicking is cool too.

And luffy only punches.....

Go look at zoro's dragon twisters the size of buildings that according to him "follow you to the ends of hell"

Then look at sanii weakly kick a guy in the face to remove his gas mask.

And you tell me what is more interesting to watch.

Also, as far as i a concerned zoro's fighting style is really dull also. I dont complain because it is a very good fighting stlye, it has all you could need, range, area of effect, power. Sanji's has none of those. (To clairfy, the "power" behind zoro's abilities comes from knowledge of the blade allowing him to cut tougher things, sanji's power comes from his physical strength, obviously they are both physically strong and sanji may even be more durable, but i am talking fighting style not the characters as a whole)

Hey the day sanji kicks pica in half i will change my tune, but till then sanji is still kicking single snipers in the face.

I get the small differences. But i will explain
Why is zoro fighting kiadou- same reason zoro fought Enel lucci hodi and fuji/DD, wrong place wrong time.
Why is anyone calling him over to make booze- kiadou is a big man, needs lots of booze, zoro is the only one around strong enough to lift the 10 tons of hopps required to make the 900000 gallons of booze kiadou needs to fall asleep.

If you want to play that game i will point out the nonsense with sanji's current situation

1st off, bms entire island is full of cooks. Sanji has what 50 cooks helping him? Not to mention pudding and chifferon. Did pudding not think 52 cooks was good enough? She just needed that 1 more?
Also, why sanji? Ya sanji cooked some food once or twice, but savory is an entirely different culinary field then sweet. If you dont believe me go ask a 5 star sushi chef to make you a cake and then come back and explain why his cake wasnt equally as impressive.
And on the same line of thought, why did pudding think sanji can help where 50 other cooks cant? Pudding had no reason to trust sanji was an amazing cook, she hd no reason to think sanji knew all ingredients by smell... why did pudding go ask the fuy she just tried to kill to help save tot land.

Also ignoring the questionable cooking choices. Why even bake a cake? As fans we know about BM's hunger sickness, sanji doesnt. Sanji has maybe heard rumors and stories but what reason des he have to believe the people who just tried to kill him?
If i was in that story, without my fan knowledge, and pudding approached me....
Pudding "help captain, you need to leave your friends to run on their own and come help me bake a cake to stop bm from chasing you"
Captain kidd "hahahahahaha"
Pudding "seriously bm wont stop chasing you, my brother told her you had a cake"
Captain Kidd "your brother did what? You sent bm chasing after me and now you expect me to believe you want to help me? Know what would of helped me? NOT sending BM after me!!!!......but dont worry she wont catch us, our ship is really fast, and it can fly and it has this paddle system. The guy who made it is supposed to be a genius ship maker"

What on earth was sanji thinking? Without fan knowledge what sanji did was objectively stupid. With fan knowledge..... well it is still stupid. Now we know bm is dying anyway and she lost zeus. A guy who can fly and kick fire sure would be helpful in taking down promethus and sinking bm into the water....

banner.png

#2040 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

I get the small differences. But i will explain
Why is zoro fighting kiadou- same reason zoro fought Enel lucci hodi and fuji/DD, wrong place wrong time.
Why is anyone calling him over to make booze- kiadou is a big man, needs lots of booze, zoro is the only one around strong enough to lift the 10 tons of hopps required to make the 900000 gallons of booze kiadou needs to fall asleep.

If you want to play that game i will point out the nonsense with sanji's current situation

1st off, bms entire island is full of cooks. Sanji has what 50 cooks helping him? Not to mention pudding and chifferon. Did pudding not think 52 cooks was good enough? She just needed that 1 more?
Also, why sanji? Ya sanji cooked some food once or twice, but savory is an entirely different culinary field then sweet. If you dont believe me go ask a 5 star sushi chef to make you a cake and then come back and explain why his cake wasnt equally as impressive.
And on the same line of thought, why did pudding think sanji can help where 50 other cooks cant? Pudding had no reason to trust sanji was an amazing cook, she hd no reason to think sanji knew all ingredients by smell... why did pudding go ask the fuy she just tried to kill to help save tot land.

Also ignoring the questionable cooking choices. Why even bake a cake? As fans we know about BM's hunger sickness, sanji doesnt. Sanji has maybe heard rumors and stories but what reason des he have to believe the people who just tried to kill him?
If i was in that story, without my fan knowledge, and pudding approached me....
Pudding "help captain, you need to leave your friends to run on their own and come help me bake a cake to stop bm from chasing you"
Captain kidd "hahahahahaha"
Pudding "seriously bm wont stop chasing you, my brother told her you had a cake"
Captain Kidd "your brother did what? You sent bm chasing after me and now you expect me to believe you want to help me? Know what would of helped me? NOT sending BM after me!!!!......but dont worry she wont catch us, our ship is really fast, and it can fly and it has this paddle system. The guy who made it is supposed to be a genius ship maker"

What on earth was sanji thinking? Without fan knowledge what sanji did was objectively stupid. With fan knowledge..... well it is still stupid. Now we know bm is dying anyway and she lost zeus. A guy who can fly and kick fire sure would be helpful in taking down promethus and sinking bm into the water....

Haha ok you got me with the Zoro stuff, that's pretty good.

But come on man, all your questions about why Pudding asked Sanji and all that is clear as day if you read the manga, it's because it's Sanji. He's the best cook. He said himself he can do anything. Pudding knows he's good because they talked about cooking together and he taught her stuff? (I remember her telling luffy and them that but can't remember if it actually happened) But basically, it's not a secret that Sanji is a great cook and half this arc was about how nice Sanji is so there's your answer as to why he's helping. Also he's a SH, that's just what they do, we all know that. Your example about your laughing in her face when she asks for help just shows that you wouldn't be a SH if you were in the story. I'm sure most characters in the story would laugh in her face too, but not the SHs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users