• Please log in to reply
2425 replies to this topic

#2061 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:51 AM

I love spoilers because they usually only show you a small glimps, so in my mind i am hoping it is an entire chapter of luffy vs dogtooth, but in reality i know it is only 2 pages of the fight plus 16 pages of sanji being the worst character in manga history.

Looks good. Heres to hoping i am wrong and it is 10+ pages of the fight.

Oh also, i dont want to jump to conclusions, but..... this better be a few pages in after luffy did something very special to earn dogtooth's respect. I cant accept the president of the dogtooth fan club would attack luffy if dogtooth was the kind of guy who wanted every one of his fights to be man to man.

So hopefully luffy finally got his coo in order and dogtooth noticed it was equal to his and he now wants to best luffy as his equal.

Also, even when luffy gets equal coo. Dogtooth is still alot stronger then him. He still overpowered his elephant gun by alot....

And one more thing. What is up with his spear?
1st dogtooth didnt use it.
2nd then when dogtooth got seriou he pulled it out
3rd dogtooth switched to awkaneing
4th dogtooth had his spear out again
5th dogtooth is back to awakening

So why does he keep switching up his fighting style? You wouldnt see zoro put away a sword mid fight...and surely sanji wouldnt hit someone with dj then switch back to normal kicks.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#2062 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

Katakuri once more showing that he is the best char introduced since TS.

Although Oda did choose to do exactly what the leader of the Kertia family did in his fight vs. Frankenstein in the manwha Noblesse.

#2063 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

The question here is what the hell is katakuri?. Is he part fish?. who the hell did big mom bang?. Katakuri with king haki?. I thpugh king haki was suppose to be wielded by those who live by their own will and not be servant to others. King haki has lost a lot of speciality to me. Katakuri is a piece of crap like his brothers. The only good thing about this arc is what big mom is, a monster, which gives hope on what kaido could be. I want kaido to be ancient, at least 500 years old or maybe even from the time of the lost century.

Edited by tenchu, 01 February 2018 - 10:42 AM.

24gvaiu.jpg

#2064 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:24 AM

I really wouldn’t have pegged him to be an honorable man. Like I’d expect one of Kaidou’s men for that.

#2065 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

Katakuri is so fucking badass, he is the best TS character. The way they threat him as a kid was stupid no matter how we look at it this guy is a beast.
  • capu likes this
e7734c025aa8c51fa9a905c5a1dc0ed2.png

BIG THINGS ARE COMING TO OMF!

#2066 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Katakuri with king haki?. I thpugh king haki was suppose to be wielded by those who live by their own will and not be servant to others. King haki has lost a lot of speciality to me.

before Time Skip and King Haki was explained in details, Silvers Rayleigh is noted to be a King Haki user.

Silvers Rayleigh who is 2nd to Pirate King Gol. D Roger

King Haki user following someone was known years ago. 

#2067 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

This is becoming trash opera.

#2068 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

before Time Skip and King Haki was explained in details, Silvers Rayleigh is noted to be a King Haki user.

Silvers Rayleigh who is 2nd to Pirate King Gol. D Roger

King Haki user following someone was known years ago. 

rayleigh was more of a partner of rogers. If you look at their meeting, silvers was no underling not even on the zoro level. Zoro while very independent, is still subject to luffy's will, silvers didnt seem so.

Katakuri is still a poop poop eater piece of crap. To be honest cracker was better character, more interesting in every facets

Edited by tenchu, 01 February 2018 - 11:08 AM.

24gvaiu.jpg

#2069 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

Looks good. Heres to hoping i am wrong and it is 10+ pages of the fight.

1 page of Katakuri figuring out that his sister doing some stuff, 2 pages of him talking to his sister and 1 page showing his face, 3 pages of self inflicted damage and 3 pages of bro talk.

• captain kidd likes this

#2070 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

1 page of Katakuri figuring out that his sister doing some stuff, 2 pages of him talking to his sister and 1 page showing his face, 3 pages of self inflicted damage and 3 pages of bro talk.

Well.... its not 10 pages of fighting. But i would take that over 10 pages of sanji.

The question here is what the hell is katakuri?. Is he part fish?. who the hell did big mom bang?. Katakuri with king haki?. I thpugh king haki was suppose to be wielded by those who live by their own will and not be servant to others. King haki has lost a lot of speciality to me. Katakuri is a piece of crap like his brothers. The only good thing about this arc is what big mom is, a monster, which gives hope on what kaido could be. I want kaido to be ancient, at least 500 years old or maybe even from the time of the lost century.

Ace had king haki and he is garbage. He put wb's nuts so far fown his throat he actually wanted wb to be the king, when wb had no interest, what a loser.

Also garp serves the wg and shanks served roger for a long time.

Katakuri is so fucking badass, he is the best TS character. The way they threat him as a kid was stupid no matter how we look at it this guy is a beast.

Wrong!!!!!!
Bartolomeo is the best ts character.

I really wouldn’t have pegged him to be an honorable man. Like I’d expect one of Kaidou’s men for that.

Kiadou, the guy who's right hand man used a poison gas bomb because he couldnt win? Idk maybe the shogun.

When i first realized dogtooth took his "never hit the ground" thing seriously i knew something was up, maybe some weird sanji like "i will never fight with my hands" honor...

banner.png

#2071 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

Katakuri once more showing that he is the best char introduced since TS.

Katakuri for new Nakama when? :)

• Himynameisriot likes this

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#2072 rebel299

rebel299

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

When i first realized dogtooth took his "never hit the ground" thing seriously i knew something was up, maybe some weird sanji like "i will never fight with my hands" honor...

This. Or Sanji's never fighting a woman shtick. It's not all that uncommon for characters to have their own code of honor to some extent. For instance, I just finished Jo-Jo's Bizarre Adventure through the second arc and Katakuri reminds me of Wammu with his warrior's code. Or even someone like Hisoka who has no qualms killing anyone letting Gon live so that he may one day give him an interesting fight because he sees his potential. I personally enjoy seeing villains with that warrior's mindset (as opposed to being pure evil) even if it does sort of give the protagonist a bit of plot armor.

#2073 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

This is a man who wanted to kill Luffy for the chance of him becoming a threat to Big Mom. A man who last chapter wanted to kill Luffy because his haki is getting close to his own. A few chapters ago, he killed his own chefs for seeing his face. How is he honorable? Why jeopardize that for a fair fight?

• Kaidou and KUROkami like this

#2074 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Katakuri for new Nakama when? :)[/size]

One the next issue, Katakuri's gonna scream "-I want you to Save me!" and this year will be Katakuri's rescue arc.

@captain kidd, equal to each other then? Pretty sure that Oda broke what made Barto the best.
  • D.Hyuga and Himynameisriot like this

#2075 DrugzRule

DrugzRule

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts
  • LocationExiled in Iceland

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

This is a man who wanted to kill Luffy for the chance of him becoming a threat to Big Mom. A man who last chapter wanted to kill Luffy because his haki is getting close to his own. A few chapters ago, he killed his own chefs for seeing his face. How is he honorable? Why jeopardize that for a fair fight?

Katakuri seems to be mostly pragmatic when it comes to dealing with his enemies and is also really sensitive about his face. But I do suspect he has come to respect Luffy for being such a difficult enemy to take down and this his way of showing respect. Also worth noting that while Katakuri seemed to have been insulted by his family for his face Luffy has yet to make a comment about it so there may be that as well for why Katakuri seems to like Luffy enough to give him a chance to win.

#2076 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:07 PM

To be fair,i think the reason he wanted to kill luffy is because luffy has done enough to the bm pirates to deserve such a fate. If luffy did half that to anyone they would also want to kill him. I think the other reasons are just extra things dogtooth noticed.

As far as killing his chefs, that is part of my point. He wanted to maintain his honor no matter what. Even at the cost of killing his own crew.

One the next issue, Katakuri's gonna scream "-I want you to Save me!" and this year will be Katakuri's rescue arc.

@captain kidd, equal to each other then? Pretty sure that Oda broke what made Barto the best.

Oh ya you are right i have a mental block that stops me from thinking about all the fan boy nonsense. Batrolomeo is like cavendish, he has 2 personalities, half awesome madman, half annoying fanboy.

But dogtooth has a weird side of his personality too... at least he knows to hide it though.
  • Grimmjagger likes this

banner.png

#2077 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

So he decided to stab himself, after having the upper hand during their fight, because Oda is getting tired of this pathetic fight as well.

Sounds like a proper 2/10 chapter.
  • D.Hyuga and Enoa like this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#2078 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

The question here is what the hell is katakuri?. Is he part fish?

I mean he was named Dogtooth (falsely?), at least several times (which might have been intended somehow?), therefore i rather think its DOG.

Katakuri with king haki?

He was seen using it before.

I thpugh king haki was suppose to be wielded by those who live by their own will and not be servant to others

Loyality and family does not oppose that. U think Zoro will never get it either? Ray-san does have it too, while he was someone's 2nd, just as Katakuri is.

King haki has lost a lot of speciality to me.

Why? I mean 2 people of a yonkous crew, thus someone who rules a huge part of op world, in such a way that even the marines cant oppose them without risking there very own demise (Sengoku --> WB comment+yonkous are comparable), aint so unlikely to me.

I want kaido to be ancient, at least 500 years old or maybe even from the time of the lost century.

Impossible/extremely unlikely since nothing would stop him from revealing the truth and by doing so crushing the WG!

I really wouldn’t have pegged him to be an honorable man

?? Why?? He has been said to have been the best creation of the BM pirates. Brulee even stated: "always gallant", he had protected several siblings from harm and in generel.

Idk maybe the shogun.

I doubt that Oda will present the Shogun as the honorable good guy. I think he will make him have good intentions but being absolutely ruthless in order to achieve his goals. Perhaps a dark grey. Although, as to not be misunderstood, i dont consider him to be entirely evil either (like DD, Hody Jones, Don Krieg were).

Katakuri for new Nakama when?

Dont really know how u mean this. Is it aimed at me or u supporting it?

I always liked his character and i have hyped him since .... well defeinately since Wedding, still believe him to be>> Luffy. I think i said that he, CC and Barto are my favs since TS (Katakuri #1 though, sry @captain kidd ) since..... well for a long time. I also very much like the design of BMs underlings/children (PerosPerso, Brulee, Tamago, Quindruplets, pretty much all, cant remember any arc where i liked the design of even a fourth of the characters like i do this arc this much.) though, the plot of the arc so far does not come close to that sadly though. 

Dont see it coming that Katakuri will become an ally, unless BM really loves the cake so much , she orders Pudding to marry Sanji and then orders Katakuri to help the Shs defeat Kaidou, but since Wano arc is already so full of characters i dont see how adding more would help the plot, since it would take away time from the Shs, Minks, Samurai/Ninja, WB remnants, Shogun + forces, SH fleet, other SN+crews as well as Kaidous forces. Kaidou arc already is too crowded if u ask me.

That depends on whether he is still not vastly superior to Luffy though. Up until now, unlike Luffy, Katakuris fatigue does not seem to be existant, neither do we know whether he already showed all his skills/techs or whether he might not have some aces upon his sleeve.

Then again i somehow get the feeling that Katakuri is trying to convince Luffy to join the BM pirates. He has asked that before and he does not use killing moves on a constant basis (i mean whats stopping him from using the spear the entire time, every time would rip off a load of luffys body, in the end killing even one of the most resilient of characters we have seen fight to date), instead he hurts himself and shows his honor/value, i dont think he only does it for honors sake, or to show Luffy his respect towads him, but rather becasue he has a hidden agenda (SHs becoming BM pirates). Sanji making the best donuts could win Katakuri over for sure ;)

Could also be that though:

Also worth noting that while Katakuri seemed to have been insulted by his family for his face Luffy has yet to make a comment about it so there may be that as well for why Katakuri seems to like Luffy enough to give him a chance to win.

Edited by capu, 01 February 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#2079 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

Sounds like a proper 2/10 chapter.

I thought this was a spoiler thread. Not a copy/pasta one

Edited by Grimmjagger, 01 February 2018 - 03:33 PM.

#2080 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

Has anybody noticed that i hate katakuri?. It's not so much that i want to kill him, it's just that i want him not to be alive anymore. Something bugs me about this character, i dont know what it is. I liked cracker. He was crazy and interesting just what i would expect from a big mom official. People are gushing about how honorable katakuri is, and going Ajax from troy "Look at him". I say who gives a damme there're enough honorable character in one piece. We keep seeing this same repertoire over and over again where one of the bad guys is supposedly honorable. Try something different. Cracker was something different. Now who would grab me and throw me to the side  like Ajax here?

Edited by tenchu, 01 February 2018 - 04:06 PM.

24gvaiu.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users