Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:41 AM

Damn! So many snitches!

I wonder when the "Pirate Hunter" reveals his true face too! Haha!

Edited by Enbima, 18 September 2019 - 04:03 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2722 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:45 AM

So X Drake was marine, doing secret mission as pirate? Makes me wonder few things:

1. Did government faked things that X Drake has done as "pirate" so it makes more believable to think X Drake joined to pirate side? Does that also goes for his crew or is Drake only?

2. Did Kizaru knew about that way back then when he kicked sh*t out of Drake back in Sabaody? If so, then he better apologize X Drake when he gets chance.

#2723 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:06 AM

These intermission chapters are always great. But why do they keep being more interesting than whatever adventure Straw Hats are having at the moment?

Because it's a break from something long.

Edited by Nintendocat, 18 September 2019 - 07:07 AM.

#2724 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

Oh so drake is under cover? Honestly I like that better. OP seems really casual about breaking people's deeply held beliefs.
The worse example is aokiji. The man grew up a marine, was trained by the marines, idolized garp (or st least thought he was really cool: see strong world) and he put up with all akainu's nonsense (see O'Hara flashback and WB war) and he left the marines because he was looked over for promotion. Makes no sense.

So it is good to see that drake didnt do the exact same thing his father did.

What is a little weird is.....why the marines are doing under cover shit at all.... isnt that what cp 9/0 are for? Honestly why would anyone ever trust a former marine, let alone a rear admiral in OP? I get why BM trusted Capone, the was was an insane killer but even they need protection from the cold. But trusting a former marine? Even Burgess wasnt stupid enough to trust aokiji, and Burgess is really stupid. (Also he is a very manly man who deserves respect).

Well either way the drake reveal is a cool reveal and makes sense.

Now that we know that though.......um..... why did he help law? Assuming that was drake who let law out, why did he? Should the marines be helping the luffy/law alliance? I guess law is the lesser of two evils compared to the bm/kiadou alliance... but it kinda seems like drake is blowing his cover to help an ant attack a lion.

As for the sabo thing. Damn... I REALLY want this chapter to come out now so I can get that whole thing straight.
What is it? Is the "fake news" that sabo was captured? Is the fake news that sabo is dying? Is it real news that cp0 doesnt wsnt published?
Ok so let's get one thing straight before the speculation. The WG is smart. They are the only crew in OP who hasnt done something really really stupid. And their plans usually are simple enough to work, not overly complex and suicidal.

That being said the only possible thing that could be happening with sabo right now is he is dead and the fake news is that he was captured. Any other news would be debunked or tactically useless.
If the fake news is sabo was captured and sabo in fact.... got away safe. Well then dragon would find out. Sabo is probably smart. He only needs to make a call and the news is out. It is impossible to believe dragon would move so fast news couldn't get out to him.

-if the fake news is sabo is dead, and in fact he was captured. Well... why? Is the wg scared of war with dragon? They are currently fighting him. And if they really did capture the #2 of the ra....well the ra wouldn't stand a chance again the wg. Their "commanders" are fodder and iva was brushed aside by a very injured akainu.

Now the most important thing to take into account is if this was just a PR thing for the public to boost faith in the WG....well... they already had that opportunity. When BB attacked the RA. The wg could of just said they did everything.

Also before anyone mentions jack. I turely believe that Fuji thought he killed jack. He probably sunk Jack's ship. Known df user Jack's ship. And waited a few minuets and assumed jack drowned. That is reasonable. Maybe less reasonable if CoO can see under water.... but what ever that is reasonable. If momo lost sleep over what he did to jack, thinking he let zou kill him, that would also be reasonable. Jack doesnt look like a fishman, I get why people can be fooled by him.

So the only problem with my theory is.....well.... sabo isnt dead.... let's be real... he isn't...

So now we have to assume the WG made one of the stupid decisions. The least stupid is saying sabo is dead when in fact he was captured. Makes the wg look cowardly but maybe they want time to deal with the warlords and interrogate sabo without dragon attacking. I personally think the wg could kill all warlords and dragon at the same time but I understand that isnt the smart call.

Also I guess there is a chance the translation is off the wall wrong and the actual translation says sabo killed cobra. I could see how a world leader got caught in the cross fire .... espically cobra... he probably jumped in the way crying to leave kuma alone and got killed by an admiral. It is obvious why the wg would want people thinking sabo did that.
And personally I am hoping sabo is dead. But... this would make sense... there already was an article about sabo clashing with the admirals.... sabo being captured/dead would be....idk in the same article right? Cobra being killed might of been a stray attack and he fought to stay alive until a day or two after the fight, at which point it needed to be blamed on sabo.

I really hope that is wrong and it is about sabo himself. And not just because I have a theory that end of OP luffy will save Sabo from execution and succeed where WB failed.

Hey.... remember when dd changed the news and everyone freaked out and said "omg only a world Nobel could do that!!!!" And I said "idk... seems like all you have to do is threaten the guy who writes the papers..."
Well.... we were both right? I was clearly right all you have to do is scare Morgans... if you are stussy all you have to do is order him. But so far only cp0, the world nobel cp, has done so. So either morgans keeps really bad company. Or for some reason only the cp0 are allowed to go near him.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#2725 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:42 PM

Currently the theory for the news is that Cobra was killed and they're framing Sabo for it. It doesn't make sense that the news is that Sabo was killed since they wouldn't have a reason to change the story.

Edited by Nintendocat, 18 September 2019 - 12:47 PM.

• Chillman likes this

#2726 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:17 PM

Ya that makes the most sense but it is boring... no one cares about cobra

banner.png

#2727 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:52 PM

Um, the Strawhats would. Vivi is very close to them.

#2728 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:56 PM

I was talking about the fans....

banner.png

#2729 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

So X Drake was marine, doing secret mission as pirate? Makes me wonder few things:

1. Did government faked things that X Drake has done as "pirate" so it makes more believable to think X Drake joined to pirate side? Does that also goes for his crew or is Drake only?

2. Did Kizaru knew about that way back then when he kicked sh*t out of Drake back in Sabaody? If so, then he better apologize X Drake when he gets chance.

Nice to see Hancock in the manga for the first time in 9 years, which was the start of the Fishman Island story arc. I wonder how Coby will stand up to Hancock and her Amazon warriors. 

#2730 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:55 AM

I was talking about the fans....

The fans are very into Vivi as well. And this would mean that Vivi would be involved with a plot line more than just the casual mention here and there.

Also, the fans? You're hoping for the 9th most popular to be dead. Off screen, with only one complete arc between the current plot and his reintroduction? Oh yes, clearly the fans would have prefered that.

Edited by Nintendocat, 19 September 2019 - 12:55 AM.

#2731 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Nice to see Hancock in the manga for the first time in 9 years, which was the start of the Fishman Island story arc. I wonder how Coby will stand up to Hancock and her Amazon warriors. 

what already? I just hope she will join the SHGF, the SHs need far more troops especially bigguns like her and jinbei and Aokiji. Sabo and CC would be good as well (i just love for the SHs to get a good Logia...have been waiting for a good logia to join since preTS...no smoker though , his DF just sucks... unless he has finally learned to suffocate people with it... in like squaremiles area, then he might finally start to be useful).

The fans are very into Vivi as well.

Still? i wonder why? never really had any liking towards her. personally dont like cryhoshis.. although vivi was a decent character...still... dont get why she is still receiving such hype. She is good as an ally, dont get me wrong, but a real nakama? I truly, despite Oda and the SH crew doing the opposite, dont consider her as such.

And this would mean that Vivi would be involved with a plot line more than just the casual mention here and there.

Not sure but iirc she was disregarded for years. am pretty certain that she did not appear (not even in coverpages) for more than 15 years out of the 22 op in going on (might be wrong though).  Then i give it the the fans. Respect for sticking to her!

Also, the fans? You're hoping for the 9th most popular to be dead.

What the heck? she is the 9th most popular. WTF i so misjudged to op community. u still talking about Vivi? Or is it corby or Sabo now? i could see the last 2 but Vivi still the 9th?

Edited by capu, 19 September 2019 - 02:20 PM.

#2732 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

The fans are very into Vivi as well. And this would mean that Vivi would be involved with a plot line more than just the casual mention here and there.

Also, the fans? You're hoping for the 9th most popular to be dead. Off screen, with only one complete arc between the current plot and his reintroduction? Oh yes, clearly the fans would have prefered that.

Have you ever taken a story telling class? I havent.
It isnt always about what the fans want. It is about what will get a reaction out of them.
Would killing off sabo get a reaction from the fans? Hell ya. Killing off ace.... well I think they built a grave for him in Japan. Real world japan. Killing off ....merry... got some people sad. So killing off someone who may or may not still be the 9th most popular character... would defintally get a reaction.

Would killing off cobra make a single fan care?
Dude I am actually racking my brain trying to think of a less consequential character to kill off. Maybe pell? Gan fall? Ice burg's pet mouse? Oh I know, the short head jailer in ID! The guy who's name was a pun on the word monkey.

So you get the point? Kill a beloved background character and people will care. (Fans will care) they will be angry and sad and in my case laughing that oda cloned ace only to kill ace off a second time. Kill a background character that most people dont even know the full name of and who's only memorable moment was awekwardly thanking the sh crew right after nami flashed him, and no one will care.
I mean, I know some OP fans who legit hate akainu because he killed ace. Do you know any OP fans who will change their opinion about a character because they killed cobra? It would be a waste of a death. And for someone like oda who never kills people, I dont think he is into wasting deaths.

Oh also you are wrong about vivi ever getting involved in a plot line again.

She is 18 now thanks to the 2 year time skip. And as we know, when it comes to oda 18 is way too old for him. He will have to create a new 16 year old princess for this "death of cobra" story line.

banner.png

#2733 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

Sabo is the 9th most popular. You were talking about killing Sabo off. And you said 'fans don't care about x happening' so you brought up the fans liking stuff as a factor for doing something, not me. I know perfectly well that writing only what the fans want doesn't go well and Oda has already shown that he doesn't plan on doing things only for fans as with the issue of romance when that it brought up. Which is also why I don't constantly complain when things don't go the way I thought they would or should, because it's not my story. If I end up not liking a story, like with BHA or Detective Conan, I just drop it because I can read something I enjoy instead. I did finish Food Wars even though that became a dumpster fire but it was at the end so it wasn't a big loss.

Vivi is still fairly high in popularity just under Perona at 24th. She's also officially still considering a Strawhat. It's actually shocking that you'd think that people didn't like her or that Oda didn't want to do anything else with her considering Im directly referenced using her for his plot.

Edited by Nintendocat, 19 September 2019 - 05:04 PM.

• captain kidd likes this

#2734 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

Sabo is the 9th most popular. You were talking about killing Sabo off. And you said 'fans don't care about x happening' so you brought up the fans liking stuff as a factor for doing something, not me. I know perfectly well that writing only what the fans want doesn't go well and Oda has already shown that he doesn't plan on doing things only for fans as with the issue of romance when that it brought up. Which is also why I don't constantly complain when things don't go the way I thought they would or should, because it's not my story. If I end up not liking a story, like with BHA or Detective Conan, I just drop it because I can read something I enjoy instead. I did finish Food Wars even though that became a dumpster fire but it was at the end so it wasn't a big loss.

Vivi is still fairly high in popularity just under Perona at 24th. She's also officially still considering a Strawhat. It's actually shocking that you'd think that people didn't like her or that Oda didn't want to do anything else with her considering Im directly referenced using her for his plot.

Ya so you get it. My point is killing off cobra wouldnt make any fans care any more. Maybe one or two... there are all kinds of weirdos out there.... although I guess I shouldn't say that since I am probably the only t-bone fan in OP.

banner.png

#2735 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted Yesterday, 05:25 AM

since I am probably the only t-bone fan in OP.

why? Are you vegan? xd

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users