• Please log in to reply
2852 replies to this topic

#2781 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

This is most likely the case, as I've told you before when you've stated "there's no need to get them all". They don't make a beautiful perfect cross, so not even 3 points are enough, because you don't know which 2 of those 3 form a line and witch one is the dot that is connected with the unknown 4th point. Try and draw 3 dots on a paper, you'll see that depending on when you add the 4th point the possibilities are nearly endless.

Add to that that this is not just a sea with islands, it's a world cut in half by a long piece of land who can only be crossed through specific points (Red Line), and cut in half by a sea which is nearly impossible to navigate through (Calm belt). Therefore, even if you had an idea, it would be impossible to walk a line between two islands straight, as these lines could (and most likely will) cross either the red line or the calm belt. And you don't want to just skip those points either because who knows, Laughtale could be in the Calm belt or on/under the red line. Therefore... yes you need the 4 of them to work it out.

I am sorry I think I see the problem here. For the longest time I have been assuming there is the name of an island and the direction. Now if you know anything about maps (why would you? Why would I? Dont ask...) you know there is a simple technic called intersection. You get two known points and find the direction to an unknown point from the two known points and you have the coordinates to that unknown point.
So I understood oda to be saying "the road poneglyphs give an island and direction to laugh tale"
So my mind went to intersection. My first thought was "well shit, I only need 2 known points and directions. Maybe 3 because this is the NW and navigation is supposed to be hard..."

So what you are saying is that there is no direction at all? And the red stones just give you 4 islands and you have to do some math to figure out where the center of them is?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#2782 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:52 AM

I am sorry I think I see the problem here. For the longest time I have been assuming there is the name of an island and the direction. Now if you know anything about maps (why would you? Why would I? Dont ask...) you know there is a simple technic called intersection. You get two known points and find the direction to an unknown point from the two known points and you have the coordinates to that unknown point.
So I understood oda to be saying "the road poneglyphs give an island and direction to laugh tale"
So my mind went to intersection. My first thought was "well shit, I only need 2 known points and directions. Maybe 3 because this is the NW and navigation is supposed to be hard..."

So what you are saying is that there is no direction at all? And the red stones just give you 4 islands and you have to do some math to figure out where the center of them is?

Exactly,that is the most logical thing I could think of to give sense to the 4 being needed. At first I thought they would give an island name each but given how maps aren't supposed to be a thing in the OP world, I guess it would work better if each one marked a spot in the map with coordinates. Sort of like a high schiol maths problem where they give you point coordinates on a plane and you have to find the midle point.

Another possible problem could be that the world is actually spherical (I mean the OP one, ours is obviously flat), therefore 4 points could have a second crossing point if you do the lines towards "the other side" of the world. But if they are given 4 coordinates then there's only one middle point, as math doesn't account for the plane where the points are being a sphere (unless you add that to the calculation and make it stupidly complicated).

But again, at the end of the day we have no idea and my guess is as good as yours, so we have no other option than waiting and seeing. My only point was: it's too early to complain about that, there's ways it can make sense.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#2783 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:34 AM

The barrier fruit safes Orochi...lol!

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2784 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:27 AM

Oden was defeating Kaidou but only got defeated because of Momo been a hostage....

:notsure:

#2785 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:37 AM

Oden was defeating Kaidou but only got defeated because of Momo been a hostage....

:notsure:

Its not momo the spoiler says its the mane mane user. Kaido kills him.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2786 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

Its not momo the spoiler says its the mane mane user. Kaido kills him.

Yes, i know that Hag tricked them. Need to wait for more context becauuse "Oden was beating Kaidou" made me abit salty XD. Atleast Kaidou isn't a coward, apreciate that atleast.

Edited by Kaidou, 30 January 2020 - 02:43 PM.

#2787 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:54 PM

Kaidou was never supposed to be invincible. We know hewas defeated 7 times and captured 18 times. Getting beaten by one of Roger's crewmates isn't a shame anyway.

Edited by Oben, 30 January 2020 - 02:54 PM.

• Chillman likes this

#2788 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Kaidou was never supposed to be invincible. We know hewas defeated 7 times and captured 18 times. Getting beaten by one of Roger's crewmates isn't a shame anyway.

We never knew how he was defeated in those times, could have gotten ganged on or just when he was a greenhorn.

But aparantly from the updated spoilers it was a more even the fight

#2789 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

Yes, i know that Hag tricked them. Need to wait for more context becauuse "Oden was beating Kaidou" made me abit salty XD. Atleast Kaidou isn't a coward, apreciate that atleast.

Haha kaidou said that if he fought him 5 years ago he wouldve won.

Throws a new light on Moria btw!

Edited by Enbima, 30 January 2020 - 03:56 PM.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2790 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

Haha kaidou said that if he fought him 5 years ago he wouldve won.

Throws a new light on Moria btw!

That statement is weird, why would Oden beat him 5 years ago? Did Kaidou train these past years? Maybe Moria's fight showed him that he shouldn't relax and keep training?

#2791 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:29 AM

Hmmm I still don’t know how strong Oden is actually. Yea he’s the Pirate King’s crew mate but where exactly does that put him? Like is he admiral lvl? And does that mean Kaido was alot weaker back then or Still considerably strong?

#2792 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,414 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:46 AM

@captain kidd Barty is top tier confirmed!!!!

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#2793 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:30 AM

That statement is weird, why would Oden beat him 5 years ago? Did Kaidou train these past years? Maybe Moria's fight showed him that he shouldn't relax and keep training?

He wasnt any weaker but he was short on men. Oden made a mistake. He really trusted Orochi.

• Chillman likes this

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2794 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:17 AM

Yo. Oden is the man. Brought tears to my eye.A true hero... gullible or not.
  • KUROkami likes this

#2795 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:25 AM

Is this flashback going to take the entirety of Act 3? And Kaido is probably getting his own, too. Jesus.

Just how is Oda planning to end One Piece in 5 years? Are we going straight to Laugh Tale after Wano or what?

#2796 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:09 AM

Wow I respect Kaido alot more if he really killed the old lady. That means even if he didn’t agree with how he won

#2797 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

After this chapter Im done I have no clue who the traitor is.
Unless...all of them at least betrayed Oden 1 time and they are ashamed.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#2798 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:45 AM

hopefully this chap contains some action, its been ages since we last saw the non-Luffy SHs do an all out fight....

#2799 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:34 PM

We should get Reverie chapter next.

#2800 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2020 - 11:02 AM

although seemingly no action in it, it seems to be a good chapter. Kudos to those who predicted Kyoshiro to be Denjiro. 

I still wonder why Toki choose to do what she did that way, and why she did not send herself forward as far as i can currently tell (mayhaps the spoiler/chapter reveals the reason?). 

i still dont get how Ashura Doji and the other retainers (who have already seen Kaidou fight) believe for them to have a chance vs 2 yonkous + their forces (they witnessed a drunk kaidous power just a few chaps ago). Moreover i find it extremely strange that they specifically choose the date where at least Kaidous forces are known to have gathered as a whole. That makes it so much more difficult to actually win. This plan/date, at least to me, seems like the the dumbest choice to make. I really am at a loss here.

Edited by capu, 05 March 2020 - 11:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users