1589 replies to this topic

#1581 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

So... I honestly can't say that I'm surprised by all of this.

1. Charlotte Linlin is a good person and she's only bad because of the "craving sickness". The fact that she wants to murder her allies should just be glossed over I guess.

2. We knew Linlin hated Giants, now we know why, she was convicted by one, probably leading to her mad descent into pirating.

3. We knew Linlin wanted to have a place where all races could come together (Totland), now we've learned that this was Mother Carmel's ideology as well.

So... WHAT THE FACK WE DEDUCED THIS SHIT ALREADY!

Interesting notes:

- Were the two Giant Captains that disappeared 100 years ago Dorry and Brogy?

- Nice Hajrudin cameo

- HOW IN THE HELL DOES A FIVE METER BABY GET BORN OUT OF A NORMAL WOMAN.

Hopes: Please let next week's chapter show Big Mom retaliating on Elbaf and show her first husband and Mother Carmel's leaving/death so we can see Big Mom's descent into pirating and then get out of this useless flashback. Ffs,why is Oda whitewashing her! :S

Edited by Locormus, 24 May 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#1582 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

The fact that she wants to murder her allies should just be glossed over I guess.

Why? Who said that? Wait for the actual outcome before you start ranting, dude. This is the man who gave Doflamingo a sad backstory but still made him an asshole, so don't take the "BM can be forgiven" idea as a fact...

And by the way, how is Oda whitewashing BM?
  • Chillman likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#1583 Qbix

Qbix

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1299 posts
  • LocationRobin's lap

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

- HOW IN THE HELL DOES A FIVE METER BABY GET BORN OUT OF A NORMAL WOMAN.

I could give an explanation, but this forum is PG13.

So Big Mom is confirmed to be an overly large human, not a Giant, not even a decendant of the Giants. Don't understand the hate for her background, tho, 99% of the population are not born evil and are formed and taught by chance and circumstance.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mother Carmel actually died during all of this. Would be a big enough trigger to flip the pirate switch.

EDIT: I SO wanna see young Big Mom, this will be interestiiiing.

Edited by Qbix, 24 May 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#1584 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7915 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:13 AM

1st off. God I hate politics..... but you have to love that bull shit liberal logic Carmel tried to pull- "if you execute the giant pirates Giants will hate humans" what the hell oda....... you mean to say the marines shouldn't execute criminals for committing crimes? Carmel sounds as stupid as those grieving mothers crying racist when their son gets shot for trying to take a police officers gun..... hope that is a miss translation.....

And I know I already said first off, but more importantly then what I just said. So zero-off, thank god this flashback is going to hit the 3-5 chapter mark! I sure look stupid for silently thinking to myself this flashback might just be one chapter............

Ok 2nd off, BM destroyed the entire island after 7 days of fasting.... good.... because we needed more proof the Giants are fodder.....

Hey, I know a lot of you guys (inexplicably) want to see a elbaf arc. Can this count? We don't need to have a giant arc now right? I mean.... what is the point? We will see most of elbaf now....

So those 2 Giants are(were) the oldest warriors in the world? I am not going to lie, I am surprised there isn't some immortal tribe that lives forever until they die of war or disease.

Did I read BM was born 5m? She is over 5m right now?! thwt is a joke but Oda has seriously made her look really short in a few panels.

And to bring this post full circle, it is nice to see the giant pirates were wiped out without their captain. This seems to be a reoccurring theme in OP. Brook's captain leaves, crew gets killed, Giants captain leaves, crew gets killed, fisher tiger dies, arlong gets captured and crew gets disbanded. WB dies, Marco and crew get defeated badly. One of the biggest themes in op is crew=captain.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#1585 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2019 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

1st off. God I hate politics..... but you have to love that bull shit liberal logic Carmel tried to pull- "if you execute the giant pirates Giants will hate humans" what the hell oda....... you mean to say the marines shouldn't execute criminals for committing crimes?

You sure talk about it a lot to hate it as much as you say...

I understand how your brain instantly jumps to your political ideologies and that's why you reached that conclusion, but how is "if A kills your friend you will hate A" bulshit logic? If someone kills your wife you're gonna hate him for sure, that is completely logical (or more exactly, it's probable). You don't have to bring law enforcement to that sentence, take it literally and it's quite logical. (Or wouldn't you still hate someone who killed your wife even if she just robbed a bank...?)
  • Chillman likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#1586 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7915 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

You sure talk about it a lot to hate it as much as you say...

I understand how your brain instantly jumps to your political ideologies and that's why you reached that conclusion, but how is "if A kills your friend you will hate A" bulshit logic? If someone kills your wife you're gonna hate him for sure, that is completely logical (or more exactly, it's probable). You don't have to bring law enforcement to that sentence, take it literally and it's quite logical. (Or wouldn't you still hate someone who killed your wife even if she just robbed a bank...?)

1st off this is kinda a cop out-

I married a woman I know very well, who would never do such a thing. Just like if we have kids I will teach them never to do something like that. If my wife was standing around minding her own business and someone were to kill her that person better turn himself in to be safe from what I will do to him.

Now that I have established that, let's play by your rules.

Remember the old saying "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword"
even if you want to forget the law enforcement part of my arguement (which was 90% of it) how can you in your right mind have a family member who is constantly going around killing and robbing people, then get angry when they in get killed?
If you loved them enough you would tell them the dangers of what they are doing you wouldn't let them constantly engage in risky behavior, if my wife was robbing banks I would tell her to stop that it will get her killed or locked up. And if you don't care about someone enough to tell them the dangers of what they are doing how do you then love them enough to risk the same exact dangers to get revenge?

Even the Bible recognizes that killers deserve to be put to death. How can you say one should be angry when justice is dealt? They should be angry at themselves for not correcting their loved ones behavior.

I remember one time my brother was high and got into an accident, I wasn't mad at the driver of the other car I was mad at my brother for doing something that stupid. I remember when he got back from the hospital a few days later I told him he owes an apology to the trees that are working very hard to make the oxygen he is wasting by being alive.
My favorite saying (that i don't get to use a lot) is "play stupid games win stupid prizes" and that's what the giant pirates were doing and that's what they won.

Honesty getting mad at someone for doing their job is very childish. Be mad at yourself for not changing your loved ones (some can't be changed). But to be mad at the police or other criminals that only did exactly what your loved one did before they died, shows you either think you are better then everyone else(my loved ones kill people but why do they have to die), or shows you didn't truely grasp the situation at hand.(killers get killed?!?)

banner.png

#1587 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2864 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Let us not forget that the people who will hate the Marines in this case are an entire island full of ten meter tall giants, who are on average immeasurably stronger than any regular man (with Big Mom being far from normal).  We've seen how honor-bound giants can be in the past, and I imagine the Marines executing two of their own people in such a manner would trigger a blood feud, given how the Giants are based on Norse Vikings.  And if a nation like Elbaf went to war with the Marines, there would be bound to be chaos on the oceans, since an army of giants may not be something the World Government and Marines would be well equipped to handle without many casualties and destabilization.

In other words, the Marines would have abstained because they wouldn't want to risk all-out war with another nation.

• Chillman likes this

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#1588 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7915 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Let us not forget that the people who will hate the Marines in this case are an entire island full of ten meter tall giants, who are on average immeasurably stronger than any regular man (with Big Mom being far from normal). We've seen how honor-bound giants can be in the past, and I imagine the Marines executing two of their own people in such a manner would trigger a blood feud, given how the Giants are based on Norse Vikings. And if a nation like Elbaf went to war with the Marines, there would be bound to be chaos on the oceans, since an army of giants may not be something the World Government and Marines would be well equipped to handle without many casualties and destabilization.

In other words, the Marines would have abstained because they wouldn't want to risk all-out war with another nation.

1st off the Giants have never proven to us they are anything more hen fodder.

2nd the WG risked a war with WB...... and won..... you better believe they wouldn't bat an eye at the Giants......

Also that is coward logic. Using hat logic no police would ever arrest a black man or risk starting a race war....

So... WHAT THE FACK WE DEDUCED THIS SHIT ALREADY!

Hey captain Kidd, I didn't know I have a second handle.

I have said this millions and millions of times. But just to let everyone who has ever commented on my complaints know I was listening to them, I will do them an honor and say to you exactly what everyone says to me when I raise this concern.

"Shut up you as a OP fan are an idiot and must be spoon feed all plot points"

Hahaha but seriously this is what I say every time we get a flash back.
"Wow I knew all that information already"
"No you didn't!!!!!! Liar!!"
"Even if I didn't why couldn't Oda tell us this information in real time?"
"Shut up captain Kidd you don't understand art"

Oda's flashback are either a- way too long, (fishertiger/O'Hara) or b- tell us stuff we already know (Capone, pekoms, O'Hara....)

Also to answer your dorry and borrgy question, this wasn't long enough ago, at this time those two were already on little garden fighting.

banner.png

#1589 Saiyan5nine-tails

Saiyan5nine-tails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2864 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

1st off the Giants have never proven to us they are anything more hen fodder.

2nd the WG risked a war with WB...... and won..... you better believe they wouldn't bat an eye at the Giants......

Also that is coward logic. Using hat logic no police would ever arrest a black man or risk starting a race war....

It isn't a matter of "race", but an entire nation.  One renowned for being the most powerful nation, right up there with Wano on the list of countries that the World Government does not want to f*** with.  

They needed to rope in the Shichibukai in order to stand up to Whitebeard - you know, the other part of the three-part balance of power between the Yonkou and the World Government, and they didn't even kill him.  Blackbeard was the one who did that, and with coward's tactics at that.  And you're lying out of your ass with the claim that they "won" against Whitebeard - it went from war to "three-way melee" when Blackbeard showed up, and Shanks showing up stopped the whole war cold.

Frankly, you sound like a lot of the vs. debate guys I've seen who are all for "HUMANS ARE DA GREATEST!", and other stuff like that.  We haven't even seen Elbaf proper, and we know Big Mom was confident that an alliance with Elbaf would guarantee her being able to find Raftel, defeat the other Yonkou, and become the Pirate King.  That's a pretty big statement, and from one of the Yonkou to boot.

Bleach - Beyond the Pages

Visit the above blog for weekly updates of Bleach chapter reviews.

"On the Second Day,
The Beast Awakens,
With its single fang,
It swallows the falling star"
--------------------------
[B][CENTER]A bond that transcends their feelings and lies; the willingness to put aside differences for the other's safety; an undying respect and caring for each other. Black and White; Yin and Yang; Shinigami and Quincy.

Kurosaki Ichigo and Ishida Uryu

#1590 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7915 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

It isn't a matter of "race", but an entire nation. One renowned for being the most powerful nation, right up there with Wano on the list of countries that the World Government does not want to f*** with.

They needed to rope in the Shichibukai in order to stand up to Whitebeard - you know, the other part of the three-part balance of power between the Yonkou and the World Government, and they didn't even kill him. Blackbeard was the one who did that, and with coward's tactics at that. And you're lying out of your ass with the claim that they "won" against Whitebeard - it went from war to "three-way melee" when Blackbeard showed up, and Shanks showing up stopped the whole war cold.

Frankly, you sound like a lot of the vs. debate guys I've seen who are all for "HUMANS ARE DA GREATEST!", and other stuff like that. We haven't even seen Elbaf proper, and we know Big Mom was confident that an alliance with Elbaf would guarantee her being able to find Raftel, defeat the other Yonkou, and become the Pirate King. That's a pretty big statement, and from one of the Yonkou to boot.

Wait one second..... what? Ok so you said to me
"The WG had to rope in the warlords to fight WB"
Ok what ever, then you say
"It wasn't them it was BB who killed WB"
Ya..... a warlord killed WB......because as you said the warlords were helping kill wb.

Ok but let's forget all that. You think WB stood a chance?!???
Each admiral one shot one of the commanders without and damage at all to themselves. The only one on the WB crew who could even compete with akainu kizaru aokiji sengoku and garp was WB himself.
Furthermore the only reason the WB pirates got as far as they did was due to crocodile and luffy saving ace from execution. Neither of them was part of the WB crew. All the prisoners from ID (dumb luck they even made it there) were the reason the WB pirates even had a leg in the fight. And as garp proved to us, the only one in the war who could of gotten past him to free ace was luffy due to fatherly emotions, Marco stood no chance, WB had 3 admirals to worry about.

Let's look at he warlords contribution to the fight-
Kuma- was defeated by iva (not a WB pirate)
Moria- was defeated by Jimbe (not a WB pirate)
DD- spent the whole war toying with crocodile (not a WB pirate)
Hancock- spent the war attacking both marines PX giving luffy a key to ace's cuffs and blocking px from attacking luffy.
Jimbe- actively worked against marines
BB- killed WB then actively worked against marines.
Mihawk- spent the war attacking luffy (not a WB pirate), and crocodile, (not a WB pirate) and finally he fought vista, only to retreat once shanks showed up.

Let's look at what the admirals did.
Kizaru- took Marco out of the war (also kicked luffy 4 times because he can)
Aokiji- took Jozu out of thand war
Akainu- killed ace, tricked spider squad into attacking WB, took out Iva and Izuma and Jimbe, mortally wounded WB. Took out the 10th division commander, wounded luffy.

Maybe you would have a point if it was a close fight, but it wasn't even close. WB died, jozu lost an arm, ace died, and the most serious causality to happen to the marines? Akainu got a little bloody..... but he came back and defeated Jimbe Iva Izuma and 10th division commander.....

Take away thre warlords it would of been a slightly closer fight, maybe sengoku and garp would of actually had to fight.

Take away the warlords and the ID escapees (luffy Izuma Iva Jimbe crocodile) , who were only there because of BB hypnotizing the guards at the gate. And the WB crew would of been on the wrong side of a one sided stomp.

Why were the warlords there? Why wouldn't they be. The marines didn't need them.

Idk what race is the best, the Giants are pathetic and no ammount of lifting battle ships or 1million ton punches will change that fact.

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users