• Please log in to reply
1771 replies to this topic

#1761 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

After a break we get more nothing. Why you do this Oda.

#1762 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:21 AM

if you have a story to tell as a writer then you don't skip stuff. It wasn't his break but jumps anyways. I'm okay with build up and a well rounded story even if that means more chapters where not much is going on because that means we don't get sth like Bleach or in parts Naruto.

• Qbix likes this

2mg5kyb.jpg

#1763 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Holy shit, this'll probably the worst Manga chapter of 2017. The amount of bullshittery....

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#1764 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:53 AM

It seems clear Oda wants to stall this long as possible for the "payoff" of having good sided  Pudding pull through so that she can make a cake with Sanji. 

Not at all a good way to end this arc, should have ended with them escaping after using the bomb as a distraction so that we dont have to see this terrible display from Big Mom. 

This is just stretching towards the inevitable and disaponting end. 

• Kaidou, dbgetblack and Chillman like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#1765 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Ok sadly it looks like oda will have no choice but to take us down this horrible....horrible path. Seriously oda is almost allergic to a good ending at this point.
I was wrong about bm going down i am sorry.
BUT. Objectively tell me. Out of the two options we have. What would you rather see.
1- capone's plan succedding in greatly damaging bm weakening her to a point where she can be fought evenly by the massive alliance luffy had, judge is around dogtooth level and jimbe takes on smoothie.
2- pudding falls in love bakes a cake to save sanji, luffy and co out run bm from her entire terrority.....

There is a joke in the US, to get NK's nules we should just offer kim to trade them for a krispy kream franchise. This is the OP equivalent of that bad joke.......

Oda even had a really good way out of it, just have bm go on a hunger ramapage. Bm rampages and her crew is distracted by that so the SH get away. I wouldnt like that end much either but it is 1000000 times better then this end. The crew was already explaining how impossible things would be take that scene and finish with this
"So what you are saying is bm is hungey for a cake she has never eaten?!?"
Pudding "dont worry i will make a cake so good....."
Dogtooth "shut up you worthless little piece of garbage you are the reason we are in this mess, you cant fire a gun i am sure you cant bake a cake go die in a corner"
Smoothie "well brother, do you think it is time? We have to use THAT contingency plan we made incase something like this happens?"
Dogtooth "i never wanted things to come to this... but yes it is time"
Dogtooth hits a button on a golden snail phone and all bm crew members come rushing to the main island.

Not a perfect end since it implies the BM crew was smart enough to make a plan in case bm's hunger rage cant be stopped, BUT oda doesnt even have to show us the plan he could of just had the bk crew running past the escaping sh crew without any regard for them, maybe in the end of the arc luffy looks back and sees several crew members holding rop and nets, and us fans can laugh at them thinking they can net bm.

But i digress. Heres to this beyond stupud end, heres to an even stupider end to pesporo and dogtooth.

Good job Oda. NOW is when the vivi card stops working.... bm has only been blowing holes in the island for a chapter but NOW is when the vivi card wont work. Cool.

Ok i get it promethus is a ball of fire, so haki cant let you touch his body since he has none. But........why does water hurt him if he is able to make himself 10 times bigger like he did to kill king tree?

Yep zeus is still being a bad homie. Cant be too mad at this point....this arc is the worst. I dont say that lightly we had some really awesome scenes in this arc and foxy fi and zou were so horrible, but this arc is worse then them all.

Chopper and brook are fighting the guy who restrained the entire G66, capone, and had the ability to kill CC......no they arent..... might as well send carrot and nami to fight smoothie....

And pudding is in love ok already said how stipid this is.

But speaking of stupid. Aside from pudding being the best cook ever, why is pudding also the fastest person alive? Oda has taken speed and feats and thrown them our the damn window.
1st luffy has a massive head start on BM's crew.
Then bm's crew catches up to luffy.
Then bm catches up to luffy
Then pudding catches up to capone, THEN luffy who was running the opposite direction of luffy.

Mind you none of these groups has ever stopped running, bm is still chasing luffy. So how did pudding catch up to both groups traveling at their top speeds? Does pudding laugh at enel/kizaru levels of speed?
Forget my abive example of the proper ending. This is the correct ending

Dogtooth "ok split up and form 2 groups, one will......wait one second, pudding get over here"
Pudding "yes?"
*Dogtooth shoots her in the head with a jellybean, jumps on her flying carpet
Dogtooth "ok i will go kill both of them on my own you guys can do what ever who cares"

The fact that every single person is able to move at the exact speed needes to advance the story is the really stupid.

Now you might be thinking
"Hey captain, a proper running away sceje is difficult to do right"
Wrong, oda has done 3 great ones in OP. Luffy running from magellan was amazing. Luffy (getting carried) running from akainu was genius
Luffy and crew running....kinda... from kizaru was beautiful.

Luffy running from fuji was stupid. He should of never escaped fuji and fuji on the water should be an unstoppable god. But at least luffy running from fuji wasnt a joke. At least it came down to fuji not wanting to risk injuring citizens instead of luffy feeding him a cake......

So oda can and hs done good, and in the akainu case, amazing escape scenes. But with bm he is failing miserably.....imo.... i am sure someone (all of japan) out there is saying "oh yes feed bm cake so smart!!!!"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#1766 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

It should have ended witht hem escaping but this way its making Big Mom into a fool..

• captain kidd and Chillman like this

#1767 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

It seems clear Oda wants to stall this long as possible for the "payoff" of having good sided Pudding pull through so that she can make a cake with Sanji.

Not at all a good way to end this arc, should have ended with them escaping after using the bomb as a distraction so that we dont have to see this terrible display from Big Mom.

This is just stretching towards the inevitable and disaponting end.

It really looked like it was going to.

It should have ended witht hem escaping but this way its making Big Mom into a fool..

And pudding

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#1768 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

So does this mean Pudding is just gonna flip back and forth every chapter until it's over? I can already see her acting evil all of next chapter just to flip back on the last panel again :glare:

#1769 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

So does this mean Pudding is just gonna flip back and forth every chapter until it's over? I can already see her acting evil all of next chapter just to flip back on the last panel again :glare:

So what I'm wondering is if its from a few different things.

1. acting to save her own skin

2. split personality disorder 

2a. Some personality disorder stemming from her devil fruit. Like she messed with her own memories and this is a repercussion of that. 

#1770 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

So what I'm wondering is if its from a few different things.

1. acting to save her own skin

2. split personality disorder 

2a. Some personality disorder stemming from her devil fruit. Like she messed with her own memories and this is a repercussion of that. 

That last one would be maddening haha. It makes me wonder though, if she did something like that, would there be a way to get her memories back? The only way I can think of is her getting knocked out so the effects of her DF wear off. But if that's the case, would that work for all the memories she's altered thus far? Kinda like Sugar with her toy power?

#1771 Monkey D. Cocky

Monkey D. Cocky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

Pudding is acting like Lunch in Dragon Ball.

#1772 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:54 AM

saw the korean scans. Nothing special happened.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users