• Please log in to reply
1930 replies to this topic

#1921 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

Looks like exactly something Oda would come up with.

2/10 chapter incoming.

Ignoring the 2/10 that everyone gets caught up on.

What about this chapter makes you think it is classic oda? Stuff actually happened it is nothing like him.

If the chapter had 3 pointless reveals along with 4 pages of jimbe telling nami how rough the water is in tot land. THEN it would be classic oda.

Also you should reduce your 2/10 to a 1/5 it is the same score and it looks alot more negative since it is the lowest possible grade (on that scale).....just trying to help.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#1922 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Also you should reduce your 2/10 to a 1/5 it is the same score and it looks alot more negative since it is the lowest possible grade (on that scale).....just trying to help.

So far it sounds like 1/10 might be more appropriate.  I really hope I am wrong but this sounds like another slow chapter full of 'on, no!' close up on the faces panel moments leading up to a break.  Crossing my fingers we get some substance but when the spoiler sampler has nothing attention grabbing I get depressed.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#1923 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

These spoilers felt good until the end where they said the cake is done lol. No way the cake got finished that quick because Oda just likes to drag things on and I feel like the cake got done too quick haha. All jokes aside, I really hope the cake is done so we can move on :<_<:

• captain kidd likes this

#1924 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

So far it sounds like 1/10 might be more appropriate. I really hope I am wrong but this sounds like another slow chapter full of 'on, no!' close up on the faces panel moments leading up to a break. Crossing my fingers we get some substance but when the spoiler sampler has nothing attention grabbing I get depressed.

You know, i am torn. On one hand everything about this chapter shlounds boring and leave me wondering if i should even read it.

On the other hand if these are true, oda seriouly stepped on the gas. And that is good because we can finally get done this horrible arc.

banner.png

#1925 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Ignoring the 2/10 that everyone gets caught up on.

What about this chapter makes you think it is classic oda? Stuff actually happened it is nothing like him.

If the chapter had 3 pointless reveals along with 4 pages of jimbe telling nami how rough the water is in tot land. THEN it would be classic oda.

Blandness, incoming asspull victory for a severely outclassed Luffy, skipping a fight (Oven) and then showing the flashback of said fight.

Same old same old, but then again, this only applies if these spoilers are actually true.
  • captain kidd likes this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#1926 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,702 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

Blandness, incoming asspull victory for a severely outclassed Luffy, skipping a fight (Oven) and then showing the flashback of said fight.

Same old same old, but then again, this only applies if these spoilers are actually true.

Skipping a fight is the most oda of all oda things to do. Throw a "op will be on break next week" sign and that is all the spoilers i need.

banner.png

#1927 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted Yesterday, 07:17 AM

Soooo... No Sanji vs. Oven? I know what Capt.Kidd will say: "Death by bullet?! Weakest crewmember ever!!!", but what if by facing such a strong opponent, Bege unlocks greater haki skills and that's what allows his bullets to be such killers? Which is me referencing how Oda is giving Haki/Luffy the saiyan-treatment.

Also, what kind of hostagetaker is Oven when he doesn't even properly use his hostage as a personal shield?!

Either way, point of no fleeing for him.

Carrot wondering if it's a fullmoon.. Is she going to get her period - or is she going to wererabbit the shite out of BM's crew??? If so, then she definitely has the wildcard power a NN needs. It would also make her the first femal Nakama that relies on brute force as opposed to special ops (Nami) and technique (Robin).

Excited for this chapter. I want to know how willing Capone is to give up his wife for a high grade kill.

Edited by Locormus, Yesterday, 07:19 AM.

#1928 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:01 AM

The mandatory training flashback, took a while, but it's here.

This gon' be a shitty chapter

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#1929 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,702 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Ya if he dies to bullets he is the weakest character ever. Espically since law, someone a quarter the size of oven, took 5 ish and was fine.

The spoilers look fake. How could capone be being pursed? No one knew where he was. More importantly, and i swear to god..... how the hell did capone get to cocoa town so fast? HE said it was a 24 hour trip out of tot land and cocoa town is the furthest island out of tot land. And unlike the sh crew he doesnt have a coup de jet to fly fast. How did capone beat the sh crew and how did he get there so fast? It shouldnt be possible.

Carrot wonders if there is a full moon? Does a full moon turn minks in the the human hating blood lusting monsters we originallu heard they were? That would be 1- cool, 2- pointless.... if pedro was still alive maybe he could power up and eat peros or even smoothie, but carrot? Dont think it will do anything for the crew....

Capone vs oven? I wouldnt mind this if it was a multi chapter fight but ida has declared war on those and i still am hesitant to dare to hope capone fights any differently then we have seen him.

Sanji still sucks.

Honestly this chapter seems worse then i could even have thought. I said no matter what this chapter will be one if the best in OP since our expectations are way down. But oda some how managed to deliver a chapter that failed to live up to zero expectations...... holy shit that level of dissappintment is an art form. The only good thing about this is i know my loved ones will never be able to dissapoint me as much as oda does on a daily basis.
Son "hey captain dad, i have decided i want to identify as a woman who likes men and i will play soccer"
Me "well that is the worst thing you could have said to me, but it wasnt as bad as chapter 887 or the wci arc as a whole so move along"

Hahahahaha that is a joke. (These spoilers make this chapter look like a dissapointment but obviously i exaggerated how much so)

Finally, i HATE that "stronger fights make you stronger" trope.
1- it is stupid and unrealistic, imagine if actual fighters trained this way, McGregor showed up to his fight covered in burises and blood and limping.
"The hell happened to you?"
"I have......become....*(coughs up blood) so much stronger"
No rpofessional fighter would ever train for a fight by making every sparing session the toughest fight of his life. The same way when you want to increase you strength you dont do non stop 1 rep maxes.

2- it is already implied in fiction. Beat a tough enemy-get stronger-fight tougher enemy. There is no need to codify the already accepted flow.

3-why? Why doesnt training make you better? Why does getting beat up make you better? Getting beat up inplies breaking bones or getting injured, you cant train when you are injured, so is getting beat up really that much better?

4-then why does anyone train? Zoro looks really atupid right about now.... he shouldnt of been lifting all day he should be charging in head first to battles and taking as many hits as he can.

5- so in video games there is this thing called "boosting" you all know, it is when your high level friend takes your low level character on high level missions and does everything so you can get the high level experience/rewords. Why doesnt everyone do this if such a mechanic exists? Like vegeta's "kill me krillian" move. If i was a sayan i would be in a healing chamber 24/7 stepping out only to have my buddy kill me and get back in to be stronger....
If that is the case, why cant nami one day decide "hey i want admrial level haki, PK luffy, lets fight a few times"

And dont get me started on freaking DBZ. Vegeta used the ability to gain a little power to beat the toad guy, then a little power to beat the orange guy, then a massive shit load of power to fight freeza, then forgot about the ability all together. Thats like if oda forgot about df after wci arc. That ability was a massive part of the namake arc..... and goku gained 150,000 by just spending a few days at 100 gravity god that show went zero to retarted quicker then u have ever seen.

banner.png

#1930 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

So, everybody complains on something about Sanji, Bege, Oven, Luffy... While i'm only one who's *complaining about that Rayleigh has no his glasses in flashback?

(*Not really complaining, just noticed :P)

#1931 Nagaraja

Nagaraja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationResting in the arms of the Ground Prophet Chad-Sama

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 PM

I swear. If luffy beats Katakuri this arc all by himself............Luffy couldn't beat Cracker. From what we've seen Peros would give him problems. The only thing we should be flashbacking to is Raleigh teaching luffy the art of running away.
I'm praying that this spoiler is wrong. If it isn't, I'd rather would have had a break this week. Ida just took his own rules about power and what on them.

"Reason exists for those who cannot go on living without clinging to it. Now let's go... to the edge of reason." Aizen

"It's been so long that I forgot the pain of not having a name. Everyone had a name that friends use to call them, but I didn't. That pain." Zaraki Kenpachi

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users