Photo

Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage Chapter 8 Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
214 replies to this topic

#201 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

Actually, Hinata up and said that the one suffering the most of being cursed was Neji himself in chapter 81. She understood him very well despite being part of the main family because she also felt like disposable trash in some way. Empathy is a quality that politicians  absolutely lack and why the world is so messed up. She deserved to be a leader cause she kind hearted, wise hardworking despite not being talented.

Naruto up and tells the genius to try to understand cause she is very similar to him.

I agree that naruto was the inspiration for her becoming stronger. However, Hinata basically reclaiming her title of heiress in springtime of youth and making her father eat his words was beyond satisfying. Boy, Neji training her made absolute sense ( he was feeling remorse for hurting her instead of abandoning like some one...). The talented born in wrong branch training the untalented of the main family. The Yin and Yan indeed... there really couldn't have been a better pair and naruto uniting them and bringing balance to the clan. My disappointment was that it only happened in a spinoff.

They are half siblings their fathers' are identical twins. They are not really cousins.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#202 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

I have read that half siblings share one parent. Their fathers are clearly different. I have read that even twins are not a hundred percent copies on the genetic level of each other (desire to differentiate each other in likes and dislikes or personalities etc). 

http://www.nytimes.c...real.html?_r=1

So technically, they are still cousins.

#203 ayanami000

ayanami000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

As far as I can see their cousin's. Only one thing that I dont like Neji died. And still there family is still having those F****** rules.

#204 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

As far as I can see their cousin's. Only one thing that I dont like Neji died. And still there family is still having those F****** rules.

Naruto promised to change the Hyuga clan when he became hokage. I wonder if he followed through.

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#205 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:54 AM

I wonder if he followed through.

Probably not. 

After all. He said that and other things, while he was still an immature loud mouthed brat, who knew really nothing about the world, and just ranted off a load of childish BS here an there, thinking it's as simple as simple can be. 

Only thing that really got him by, was the massive power stick up his ass, that made him better than mostly everyone else.

Regardless though, the world still has Shinobi, still has hate and conflict, and probably a lot of other things. Granted that there's a unified peace of sorts, but regardless, it's clearly not a absolute peace nor ever lasting. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#206 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,841 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:56 AM

Probably not. 

After all. He said that and other things, while he was still an immature loud mouthed brat, who knew really nothing about the world, and just ranted off a load of childish BS here an there, thinking it's as simple as simple can be. 

Only thing that really got him by, was the massive power stick up his ass, that made him better than mostly everyone else.

Regardless though, the world still has Shinobi, still has hate and conflict, and probably a lot of other things. Granted that there's a unified peace of sorts, but regardless, it's clearly not a absolute peace nor ever lasting.

Naruto talks about peace but his son is a train assassin. What is up with that?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#207 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:02 AM

Naruto promised to change the Hyuga clan when he became hokage. I wonder if he followed through.

Naruto didn't have to do anything...

Cause Kishi dropped the whole Hiashi is an asshole plotline cause it couldn't mesh with what he wanted to resolve Neji's major conflict, by having Hiashi be immensely guilty over his clans practices leading to his brother's death

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#208 Sasuke K

Sasuke K

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

Naruto didn't have to do anything...

Cause Kishi dropped the whole Hiashi is an asshole plotline cause it couldn't mesh with what he wanted to resolve Neji's major conflict, by having Hiashi be immensely guilty over his clans practices leading to his brother's death

That's what destroyed Hinata's character.

#209 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

What do you mean by that statement, Sasuke K? She seems to be a decent character despite Kishi not developing her all that much.

#210 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

Neji's Death - It was part of his development in a way. What his and Hizashi's problem was not only were they 'cannon fodder' for the Hyuga but they could die if the Hyuga demanded it. To both of them it felt as if Fate is a b*tch and everything is futile. In sense they were nihilists. It was until certain pivotal events that made them realize that didn't have to die for the Hyuga because it was demanded of them but for the people they cared about. For Hizashi it was his son. For Neji it ended up being Hinata and one of his friends(Naruto).

Hinata's Development - Yeah, Kishi could've done it better in a few ways. For one thing we still don't know what Twin Lion Barrage does or if its a Hyuga/Gentle Fist technique or a Hinata Original. There were also some missed opportunities. I've mentioned this before but - Kabuto heals Hinata just before the Sound/Suna Invasion begins and later in Part 2 Hinata is present when Kabuto V 2.0 is revealed. . .and NOTHING! What made it worse was that Naruto was present at V 2.0. Kabuto took a bizarre interest in Naruto in Part 1 yet after the V 2.0 reveal nothing more was made of it. A lot of potential story ideas was lost.

And lets not forget the latest bone headed move Kishi has done - Not giving Botoru or his sister a Byakugan! If Doujutsus are so powerful then shouldn't they be the dominate trait even if a female Hyuga marries a non-male member? Unless Kishi is going for 'it will skip a generation' there was no excuse for not giving one of them a Byukugan. What  makes it even dumber is if Himekawari(sp?) basically has her mother's hair color then shouldn't she also have inherited the Byakugan?

Posted Image

#211 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

For one thing we still don't know what Twin Lion Barrage does or if its a Hyuga/Gentle Fist technique or a Hinata Original.

That was explained. Twin Lion Fists drains the target's chakra.

It's a secret jutsu of the Main House like Kaiten and sixty four palms. 

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#212 ayanami000

ayanami000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

That's a dissapoinment I really dont like does main family branch family crap.

#213 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

That was explained. Twin Lion Fists drains the target's chakra.

It's a secret jutsu of the Main House like Kaiten and sixty four palms.

When was that explained?

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#214 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,205 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

When was that explained?

Databook iirc

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png