• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Looking at the page number in this thread, I think this must have been a series a lot of people slept on. It's really good in terms of the premise of two worlds meeting for the first time and how trade and communication between them would gradually develop. A little over the top in terms of how it presents Japan as the very best, most enlightened nation in the world, but still a good series that isn't afraid to give multiple races in the second world and develop them through certain characters. This is the first harem style story that i've watched in...probably years to be honest, but even that aspect isn't as prevalent as I would have thought based on what some people I asked said about it. More surprising is that the main character seems like the kind of guy, at first, who would fully take advantage of the situation to form a harem  :lolxg: Great series though.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#42 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

I don't think it was slept on so much as underwhelming.

There was a lot of potential with this series but it seems like they went anime original after a certain point because nothing was really resolved in a satisfactory manner. That's mainly with the second half of the series and the events happening there. I may not be up to date with the manga but what I did read did not hint at the ending we ended up with in this anime.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users