How's the weather?
#IphoneGang or #SamSungSquad?
How fly are you?
What's your favourite attire?
What is your favourite word/phrase's?
You don't F wit Coffee(same), wagwan with Tea though?
Who's the person in your avatar?
How do you rate your wrist game?
Is Taylor Swift your favourite pop artist?
Have you ever went to a Taylor Swift concert?
What's the funnest thing for you to debate?
What comic book series is your favourite?
The weather has been really rainy and muggy lately. I love rain, but I hate the humidity. So the weather is pretty alright.
#AndroidnamedSamsung. Iphones are for people who want less options or to fit in.
I tend to think of myself as not very fly, but strangely I've always been treated like I'm super rad.
According to my friends, I have two modes of dress. One is like pretty average laid back elegance: which apparently means they find my absurd pairing of yoga pants with button downs classy and comfortable looking. Or my jeans and a t-shirt prim. The other...and there is no normal way to explain this, is like punk princess fairy. Which basically is made up of dark dresses, combat boots, and dark eyeliner with some sort of neon eyeshadow. And it is truly a toss up which version of me you get that day. I don't even know until I'm dressing myself.
If I had to pick a favourite part of the above, I love me some combat boots. They're the best.
Favourite Word: Lovely
Favourite Phrases: That's Ludicrous! The Game Be The Game
Tea is awesome. I love tea. I have professors who makes me tea each time I visit their house and I love it. I discovered it pretty recently and I can see it making dating easier since now I don't have to say to the poor guy "I don't like coffee, coffee is gross...but I'd love to just hang out while you drink disgusting coffee".
Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade or Shinobu Oshino from Bakemonogatari. If you've seen the anime and know me at all, you'll realize we're basically the same person.
I do not understand the wrist question. I mean I played league of legends for four years, so on my right hand at least it is probably brittle and like that of an 80 year old.
Yes, of course. She's really the only pop artist I have devoted myself to. I sorta enjoy Katy Perry, but I would never want to see her in concert or buy more than a few songs. Lady Gaga used to be a close second before her music became bad.
I have not, I'm super sad about that. I really wish I'd seen her Speak Now or Red Tour. Red especially. Maybe I'll go see the next one. My problem is that until this year I never found anyone who would go with me and enjoy it.
Probably Feminism. Mostly because I enjoy (in an unhealthy way) the moment at which I corner your average feminist into arguing that rape isn't rape if it happens to the prison population because they deserve it. I can usually die happy at that moment. Especially if it is in person and I can see the look on their face as they say that.
Knights of the Dinner Table is probably my long-time favourite. If we're talking super heroes, I loved Old Man Logan and House of M a super lot. Big fan of the Ultimates and Ultimate X-Men. From DC, Suicide Squad and Gotham Sirens was always really fun. I also enjoyed Birds of Prey and the Cassandra Cain Batgirl a lot. Batman Halloween was really neat. During the death of Batman and battle for the cowl arc I was really into current Batman stuff. Especially the guest artists and writers who all got to do their "I killed Batman" short stories. And I'd be remiss to my younger self if I didn't mention the Archie Universe which I adored.
1. Guilty pleasure(s)?
1b. If you have none, tell me your favorite main course dish.
1c. If you like to answer both, great!
2. When you decide something, how much is based on reason and how much is emotion? Any other factor(s) influences your decision?
3. Why do you like Izaya Orihara (the more essay-ish the better. Awesomeness is never enough) and if you can meet him in real life, what would you do?
4. Your moral and ethical view on the current treatment of crime by law in your country, your level of tolerance regarding those crimes and your opinion on personal revenge? I mean which crime you think should have lighter punishment (including no punishment) and which should have heavier punishment (even death penalty) or may be just...different punishment, based on your personal standard.
5. So which manga that you have read has enough literary merit and also entertainment and rereading values that can be compared to famous works in other mediums?
1. Pure sugar candy: So like lollipops, bubble gum, gummi bears, gummi anything, lifesavers, swedish fish, peach rings. Oh man, I can sit with a bag of peach rings and just gobble them up.
Milk. I know it seems weird for milk to be a guilty pleasure, but I have an iron deficiency from drinking so much milk.
Chicken Nuggets with BBQ sauce. I'm like a five year old about this. I love it so much I get giddy eating them. It is a sacred moment when I sit down in front of my television to watch anime with chicken nuggets and bbq sauce.
1b. My favourite main course dish is probably teriyaki chicken with rice and some broccoli. Or Chicken Alfredo Pasta.
2. Well, I mean other influences include how important the decision is and how intense my mood is when I'm being asked to make the decision. It also depends on if the decision includes my friends or family (I get a little intense about that sort of thing). It also depends on the emotion I could be listening to. I tend not to listen too much to emotions of sorrow or joy. But my anger is unfortunately really cold and calculated so it brings out hyper rationalism. In general I guess I lean towards rationality over emotion, but I'm not consistent and it really depends. A lot of friends tell me that I seem mildly sociopathic compared to them because when they get angry they cannot express themselves, where as I go into a corner and stew for two hours and come back primed to express myself so well the other person feels dehumanized and stupid for the rest of their life.
If we're talking big life choices, I'm almost entirely rational about them even to a fault.
3. OH WELLLLL! I think it is because I identify quite a lot with his character. Not only does he dress basically how I dress on a usual day, but I think I feel the way he does about humans in general. They amuse the crap out of me and as actors in a play, I'm always fascinated by them. But at the same time, I feel very removed from them and not in a high and mighty way, just like compared to them I don't belong in the drama taking place, I belong writing the drama they're going to play out. And I think like him, it isn't meant to be a mean or cruel thing, it's totally driven by curiosity and love. I almost entirely agree with the quote in my signature although I find most people tedious.
He's also the ultimate troll, and although I don't generally let my troll side out on the internet, I am a huge troll irl. He's also occupying a world I want to occupy which is pretty much reality with a slight fantasy bent. His job as an information broker seems really enjoyable at least from my standpoint. If I could meet him in real life, I would probably try to marry him or work for him. He's that cool.
4. At this point I find our treatment reprehensible. We aren't trying to rehabilitate, we're trying to punish and as I know very well from being a child, the "go to your room and think about what you did approach" wrought zero changes on my chance to do something again. Teaching me why not to do something had a much better shot. So many of the crimes are given sentences that are WAY too long. The fact we still have the death penalty in some states is pretty appalling. Privatized prisons are so unethical and ridiculous that I truly cannot believe they exist sometimes. We're still rarely accounting for mental illness or the pressures of poverty.
As for tolerance of crimes, anything drug-related should probably be little more than a wrist slap. Violence of any kind needs to be stopped, but with an eye on rehabilitation. White collar crime needs to be knee-capped and punished so badly that nobody ever wants to risk it. That's the one area where the only real explanation is human greed and I don't tend to think you can rehabilitate people around that.
Personal revenge isn't really the best option because humans always think they've been hurt far worse than they were actually hurt.
If there is anything I didn't answer here, please feel free to follow-up.
5. Well, I don't really read manga too often. But I read Ulysses in manga form and I think that had a lot of literary merit. (hur hur I'm so clever and funny.)
No, but seriously. Neon Genesis Evangelion's manga is really worthy of literary consideration. The anime too. It is seriously brilliant.
13. Do you follow the Swoly Bible?
What are you insane? You know I only follow that booty when it walks!