#201 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

There's still a good chance they are connected, since VoAT allows you to read (or at least understand) the Poneglyphs, which were made by Momo's clan.

That being said, Zoro's actually isn't the Voice of All Things, but rather the Breath - and since it has also never been mentioned again, I wouldn't count much on it anyway.

I know roger apperently used this ability to steal.... can he read minds? What on earth will luffy one day be able to hear that will make this ability useful?

"Pst, the secret code to the safe is 1-2-3-4"

"Hey, that's mine too!"

#202 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

There's still a good chance they are connected, since VoAT allows you to read (or at least understand) the Poneglyphs, which were made by Momo's clan.

That being said, Zoro's actually isn't the Voice of All Things, but rather the Breath - and since it has also never been mentioned again, I wouldn't count much on it anyway.

"Pst, the secret code to the safe is 1-2-3-4"
"Hey, that's mine too!"

Ya when zoro failed to cut kuma i imiditally assumed it was retconned, he said he can hear steel and the such, which means he should of been able to hear kuma's not steel.

In your example are you trying to say roger used voice of all things to over hear someone reading the stones? Thats not possible right? Unless clover was held hostage, forced to read the stones, roger over heard what was said, then he saved clover. If that is the case he could just ask clover to remember.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#203 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

In your example are you trying to say roger used voice of all things to over hear someone reading the stones? Thats not possible right? Unless clover was held hostage, forced to read the stones, roger over heard what was said, then he saved clover. If that is the case he could just ask clover to remember.

That was a joke. Nevermind.

He could just do it himself though, as Big Mom confirms:
http://mangaseeonlin...853-page-4.html

#204 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

That was a joke. Nevermind.

He could just do it himself though, as Big Mom confirms:
http://mangaseeonlin...853-page-4.html

Oh my bad lol.

Hey is that the actual translation?! Well that makes things alot more clear. Guess the voice of all things is now the ability to read all languages. What an intelgient ability for someone like luffy.

Pudding will awake the voice of all things? Or she will awake a weird ability to read all things? Bm in this translation says the same power so apperently pudding will also unlock rogers power?

Its like i said before, oda finally got board of steam punk stuff and moved on to weird powers.

banner.png

#205 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Oh my bad lol.

Hey is that the actual translation?! Well that makes things alot more clear. Guess the voice of all things is now the ability to read all languages. What an intelgient ability for someone like luffy.

Pudding will awake the voice of all things? Or she will awake a weird ability to read all things? Bm in this translation says the same power so apperently pudding will also unlock rogers power?

Its like i said before, oda finally got board of steam punk stuff and moved on to weird powers.

Not sure if reading is really the right word here, since it also allows to hear the voices of ancient animals (Zunisha, the Sea Kings)... but apparently not normal ones.

The three-eyes thing is a little weird - BM must've had a three-eye husband, but he wasn't capable of reading them, and apparently none of the tribe either (otherwise BM could've just kidnapped them or so). So were did she even get the idea from?

Maybe she's lying to Pudding, and she isn't actually a half-breed, but rather some experiment? We know that BM funded research, maybe she also got someone to engineer her a VoAT-reading daughter... wouldn't even surprise me that much.

• Tale likes this

#206 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Not sure if reading is really the right word here, since it also allows to hear the voices of ancient animals (Zunisha, the Sea Kings)... but apparently not normal ones.

The three-eyes thing is a little weird - BM must've had a three-eye husband, but he wasn't capable of reading them, and apparently none of the tribe either (otherwise BM could've just kidnapped them or so). So were did she even get the idea from?

Maybe she's lying to Pudding, and she isn't actually a half-breed, but rather some experiment? We know that BM funded research, maybe she also got someone to engineer her a VoAT-reading daughter... wouldn't even surprise me that much.

I like your idea about bm lying, maybe bm is lying about the eye being the key and in reality pudding's actual name is pudding D charolette..... hey if a giant can have the D name so can a 3rd eye tribe.

For the sake of OP not turning into naruto (the next gereration is the spitting image of the previous generation) i hope the voice of all things is connected to the D family.
1st it would prevent luffy and roger having 4 identical 1 in a million traits....
2nd it would finally give us a reason to care about the d family. Oda has tries so hard to give us something to care about yet failed this whole time, i actually laughed when law was told D is the opposite of god and will always oppose god.... buddy we have Ds from all walks of life all different groups, the only thing they are all opposing together is living a peaceful life.

banner.png

#207 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

On a related note, i am very confused and annoyed by this "voice of all things" ability, ignoring zoro already using those words to describe how he cuts steel, why does this ability exist and why does he think it is useful? I mean.....momo and zou cant make fun of luffy behind his back.....that is cool... he cant command the voices he hears, he and roger couldnt control sea kings or zou..... why does this ability help him? I know roger apperently used this ability to steal.... can he read minds? What on earth will luffy one day be able to hear that will make this ability useful?

I don't fully understand what is the Voice but from what I got is the ability to hear (not talk) with ancient creatures. Somehow this helps getting into raftel. Maybe the poneglyphs have an ancient mini creature inside them that is reading the pony on loop non stop.

Saying Roger had the Voice of all things is a nice way of saying he was a professional eavesdropper.

I bet the sea kings are like those old men that always talk about the past and their amazing feats when they were young and strong. "Do you remember that time..."

#208 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:56 AM

So.... just watched a video and did my own research on the subject.

The front runner for kiadou's fruit, the tardigrade fruit. Ya tardigrades suck..... 1st off it is likely humans kill these things in the millions every day when we drink water or eat produce (too bad stomach acid isnt one of their resistances)
2ndly, they are NOT extremophiles. They dont thrive in extreme conditions, they just dont die in them. (They are like the guys who go to the club every weekend but never take a girl home.)

Finally, the mechanic they use to survive in these conditions is.....actually very dangerous... they die and can revive if they are submerged in water.....ya that will help in a fight.
Aokiji "good, i killed kiadou"
Fodder marine "hey boss where do you want me to install this 1000 gallon fish tank?"
Aokiji "what ever you do dont spill that on kiadou's dead body"
*tripps, spills on kiadou
Kiadou "I LIVE!!!!!!"

banner.png

#209 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

The front runner for kiadou's fruit

Kaido doesn't have fruit, he is soul linked with BM, he wont die as long as she is alive, and with her fruit it will take some time for her to die of age.That is a thing he owes her.

And targ was never real discussed as Kaido fruit but as Ryu's fruit. If Kaido has a fruit, sea stone would be enough to kill him.

You can imagine soul link like the one from Dragonheart.

Edited by D.Hyuga, 03 July 2018 - 06:43 AM.

• Abaroxa and KUROkami like this

#210 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:12 AM

So.... just watched a video and did my own research on the subject.

The front runner for kiadou's fruit, the tardigrade fruit. Ya tardigrades suck..... 1st off it is likely humans kill these things in the millions every day when we drink water or eat produce (too bad stomach acid isnt one of their resistances)
2ndly, they are NOT extremophiles. They dont thrive in extreme conditions, they just dont die in them. (They are like the guys who go to the club every weekend but never take a girl home.)

Finally, the mechanic they use to survive in these conditions is.....actually very dangerous... they die and can revive if they are submerged in water.....ya that will help in a fight.
Aokiji "good, i killed kiadou"
Fodder marine "hey boss where do you want me to install this 1000 gallon fish tank?"
Aokiji "what ever you do dont spill that on kiadou's dead body"
*tripps, spills on kiadou
Kiadou "I LIVE!!!!!!"

I did suggest that but frontrunner? No way! People prefer the dragon or oni fruit theory.

As for the rest, please!

1. Of course if Kaidou eats it he would turn into a huge tadigrade, not the micro version that can be swallowed by human so that diss is irrelevant :angry: . Given how big Lucci is in hybrid Zoan form and he is originally normal human size, we can guess how big Kaidou is.

2. Exactly! Just don't die! Kaidou lost several times and just didn't die! You don't know Emperors suck?

3. Make sme think of how Jack breaths underwater. Maybe Kaidou's crew's theme is ''DF users who can't do shit underwater but for reasons can still survive''. Which means Kaidou should recruit a fair share of fishmen for rescue operation.

• Tale likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#211 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:03 AM

I did suggest that but frontrunner? No way! People prefer the dragon or oni fruit theory.

As for the rest, please!

1. Of course if Kaidou eats it he would turn into a huge tadigrade, not the micro version that can be swallowed by human so that diss is irrelevant :angry: . Given how big Lucci is in hybrid Zoan form and he is originally normal human size, we can guess how big Kaidou is.

2. Exactly! Just don't die! Kaidou lost several times and just didn't die! You don't know Emperors suck?

3. Make sme think of how Jack breaths underwater. Maybe Kaidou's crew's theme is ''DF users who can't do shit underwater but for reasons can still survive''. Which means Kaidou should recruit a fair share of fishmen for rescue operation.

oh really? that wasnt your guy's top choice? well........

dragon- this is a horrible idea, aside from the fact we already have a dragon (i know it is an artificial one, but who likes repeats? especially in major characters) the biggest hint was kin showing hatred of dragons, which unless his hatred is new...... it would make more sense for the shogun to have a dragon fruit (no way the shogun and kiadou have the same fruit, what are they the boa sisters?) or just like the legendary samuri in the past killed a dragon, it is more likely dragons just exist in OP.

oni-  this cant be serious right? the dude is based off an oni, he cant have an oni fruit. that would be so anti climatic.....

1- well i wasnt implying someone would walk up to him and eat him. I was just pointing out they live and die just like the rest of us, and when all life on earth dies off, they will NOT be the last things left. These things even kill each other frequently, if a harmless little water bear is able to kill another water bear they aren't that tough.

2- ya WB was impressive and then.......well...... is it possible oda saw us arguing if wb was the strongest man in the world or lower then emperor level when he died and said to himself "lol obviously WB was the WSM when he died, look at how pethetic the rest of the emperors are, they couldn't do half of what WB did"

3- hahaha remember the immortal duo from the ataskui in naruto? maybe oda made a whole crew around that concept.

oda "this is genius, this whole crew will have the theme or; high durability, impossible to kill, and really low attack power. so they wont really do much, but they wont be killed either"

editor "wait, but none of your characters die"

oda "you are fired"

banner.png

#212 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:37 AM

no way the shogun and kiadou have the same fruit, what are they the boa sisters?

Dragon fruit, model western dragon and model eastern dragon LOL

• captain kidd, Chillman and Mr Love like this

#213 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

If he has a fruit, it should be a Zoan because that's his crew's theme. I don't think his quirks (drunkard and being unable to die) have to weigh into the fruit, for most characters, that's not the case. You might say that being unable to die comes from a fruit, but seeing Big Mom being virtually invulnerable unrelated to her fruit, that doesn't have to be the case either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaidou's top henchmen (and he himself) all had special Zoans, i.e. Ancient or Mythical ones, since that's already the case for Jack and Drake. So he could be in that department too. But we don't know much else and the rest of his appearance doesn't give many hints (he's oversized, but so are most top-tier characters, and has horns, but that's pretty common). That leaves his nickname "All the Beasts", which might refer to his crew or some event in the past, but might still be related to his ability (which isn't that unlikely anymore, although still not a strong hint). My guess would then be some sort of Chimera or animal hybrid.

(Please be a Yeti)

Edited by Oben, 04 July 2018 - 09:34 AM.

• Tale likes this

#214 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

If he has a fruit, it should be a Zoan because that's his crew's theme. I don't think his quirks (drunkard and being unable to die) have to weigh into the fruit, for most characters, that's not the case. You might say that being unable to die comes from a fruit, but seeing Big Mom being virtually invulnerable unrelated to her fruit, that doesn't have to be the case either.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaidou's top henchmen (and he himself) all had special Zoans, i.e. Ancient or Mythical ones, since that's already the case for Jack and Drake. So he could be in that department too. But we don't know much else and the rest of his appearance doesn't give many hints (he's oversized, but so are most top-tier characters, and has horns, but that's pretty common). That leaves his nickname "All the Beasts", which might refer to his crew or some event in the past, but might still be related to his ability (which isn't that unlikely anymore, although still not a strong hint). My guess would then be some sort of Chimera or animal hybrid.

(Please be a Yeti)

No i agree 100% his impossible luck wont come from his df.....just like green bull not eating wont come from his..... but i think we can all agree kiadou has to have an animal themed df.
So that either means zoan or some weird paramicum.

My main point was the tardigrade df wouldnt offer him insane physical abilities.

My few choices for his df are-
1st Animal soul paramicum- ok so this is a really lame df, it is essientally the power of....idk urgue from lol? You know ehat i am talking about it is a common power in fiction, the ability to summon the souls of animals to gain their powers. Very over used, but it would fit his df perfectly.

2nd stick with me, 10 zoan all embedded into 10 rings, or pieces of armor. Imagine this, his dd like cloak has an eagle zoan so he can fly, his boots have cheeta/gazelle zoan so he can run with the speed of a cheeta and the stamina of a gazelle, he has a fake tooth in his mouth with a snake zoan (not the 2 the boa sisters have) so he can bite with poison. Then the ultimate move would be taking off all his cloths........ maybe this ability should be saved for a woman... well like i was saying he could remove all his animal enhanced cloths and they would all be independent animals that serve him making any fight 11v1 or 11veveryone in the war. It would be like that guy from naruto with the 5 hearts that were all monsters.

Finally, the low hanging fruit, lion zoan. The lion is the king of all beasts, it has been saved for a reason. It might seem lame at first but he could have some quasi mystical zoan like ability to command all beasts since the lion is king. Chopper and the minks can even turn aginst the crew and need to be restrained.....i mean..... they are a crew of animals attacking "kiadou the beast" kiadou has to turn them some how using his df, i couldnt accept a wano arc where that doesnt happen. 2ndly could you imagine how awesome it would be to see catstriker clash with kiadou.
Catstriker "hahaha we got him"
*stabbed in the chest, smoke clears
Kiadou in lion hybrid form "just who did you get, little kitty cat?"

banner.png

#215 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

They don't have lion in China or Japan, I think. So tiger is the king of forest in that part of the world. There are also bear, rhino, hippo etc. strong animals that have not shown up as Zoan in One Piece yet. But for Kaidou it should be mythical beast, unless he himself is already special

#216 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

They don't have lion in China or Japan, I think. So tiger is the king of forest in that part of the world. There are also bear, rhino, hippo etc. strong animals that have not shown up as Zoan in One Piece yet. But for Kaidou it should be mythical beast, unless he himself is already special

Rhino was used in Impel Down (such a waste imo).

But I agree, I would be very dissapointed if he had a regular zoan.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#217 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:01 AM

Rhino was used in Impel Down (such a waste imo).

But I agree, I would be very dissapointed if he had a regular zoan.

Almost as if regular zoan suck, like i have been saying since i started reading...

banner.png

#218 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:59 AM

Lions only live in africa (well technically....nvm), i think it is safe to say the whole world reconizes the lion and its mane and growl as the king of beasts.

There are a few mystic zoan that are cool, the bible names the behometh as the greatest of gods (animal) creations so he could be the perfect beast. But I dont think there is a single mystic fruit that fits his theme better then the lion fruit.

What would?
The hydra fruit? Sure he would be even harder to kill, but hydra arent legendary commanders of beasts. Neither are dragons nor any mystical beasts.

Are you saying he has to be a mystical zoan because you have a mystical zoan in mind that fits his theme better then a lion or just because you know zoan suck?

banner.png

#219 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,969 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:53 AM

If we want to go full symbolism (and I realize that this exceedingly far-fetched), I also support the lion for another reason - it's on the coat of arms of the Netherlands, the only country that was formally allowed to trade with Japan during most of the Tokugawa Shogunate, which Wano is based on :lol:

• Fulmine likes this

#220 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:44 AM

Dragon is symbol of emperor who commands his people. It's pretty much the highest order god-like animal and its 9 children are also strong mythical beasts on their own (I think only phoenix and kun-peng are of same level as dragon).

Well, then again there are several mythical/legendary animals from folklore and mythology of different cultures. The pool is near endless. Not to mention Oda can use a hybrid version or make up an original beast (we have kungfu dugong). I know a lot about Chinese mythical beings which I think are the most interesting. Some would be too OP though but Oda can always weaken them.

Sun Wukong is my favorite though LOL and there are two mythical versions of tiger that I like in Chinese mythology but one can control weather which BM already did and the other is straight up...very sickly evil which I don't think fits Kaidou. He seems more the brute, bad type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users