#41 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

Blackbeard's fruit could weaken or nullify his death defying power if it is DF based. 

Assuming he has the haki to affect Kaidou. I'm assuming that he does, but it's always possible that he doesn't.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#42 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Assuming he has the haki to affect Kaidou. I'm assuming that he does, but it's always possible that he doesn't.

How come you assume that BB has strong Haki? I've been given the impression that a coward like him would not have the same level of willpower as someone like Luffy, DD or Zoro that's why he has those two types of Devil Fruits. His "fight" with WB comes to mind. Not saying he doesn't, just want to know why someone like him would have a strong willpower, which I think is necessary for really strong Haki.

Edited by Sloan, 31 July 2015 - 01:16 PM.

2pyaix0.jpg

#43 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

How come you assume that BB has strong Haki? I've been given the impression that a coward like him would not have the same level of willpower as someone like Luffy, DD or Zoro that's why he has those two types of Devil Fruits. His "fight" with WB comes to mind. Not saying he doesn't, just want to know why someone like him would have a strong willpower, which I think is necessary for really strong Haki.

Given everything that he's been through, and his survival through it all, he seems silly, but he also couldn't have made it this far without the will to succeed.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#44 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

Given everything that he's been through, and his survival through it all, he seems silly, but he also couldn't have made it this far without the will to succeed.

I can see that he has a strong belief in "fate", however he is quick to cower in the face of fear and uncertainty unlike the others I mentioned. I don't think it's particularly necessary for him to have as strong of a Haki as Luffy and others either.

2pyaix0.jpg

#45 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

I can see that he has a strong belief in "fate", however he is quick to cower in the face of fear and uncertainty unlike the others I mentioned. I don't think it's particularly necessary for him to have as strong of a Haki as Luffy and others either.

I don't really see that as fear, though, anymore than I see Luffy's many retreats from the marines as fear.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#46 Cawickeng

Cawickeng

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

Doubt Blackbeard's darkness fruit needs haki to nullify abilities. He said himself that Logia, Paramecia and Zoans are all useless against him if he uses Kurouzu.  That's why he wanted the fruit so badly.  It's unique among the devil fruits. That, and he's the main antagonist which means he has to have something better than everyone else.

#47 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

Doubt Blackbeard's darkness fruit needs haki to nullify abilities. He said himself that Logia, Paramecia and Zoans are all useless against him if he uses Kurouzu.  That's why he wanted the fruit so badly.  It's unique among the devil fruits. That, and he's the main antagonist which means he has to have something better than everyone else.

Nothing states that his own ability wont be susceptible to haki, though. It would be necessary to have it, since high end enemies would easily be able to nullify his ability if he had absolutely no resistance to it.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#48 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

I hopw qw see jaido use ALL the haki.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#49 RhetoricalRabbit

RhetoricalRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationOundle

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

How can something like that make sense? Tell me.

He didn't commit suicide, that is a lie, at best he "tried" to. 

Tell us how it doesn't?

It's clear he didn't commit suicide. That would have been pointless. it's the attempt / desire for it and the unknown reason it is beyond his grasp that hypes / adds mystery to him.

And yet you're saying that what Oda says as the voice of the narrator, what Kaido says as the voice of the character himself, and what Kaido does as the actions of the character himself, and even the name of the chapter all have no actual support or indication towards the easy assumption people are making, despite that being their literal meanings

So ... why?

Pretty sure he has no DF. Otherwise, he'd jump into the ocean.  Or the Marines would've locked him in seastone cuffs and decapitated him.  Or Blackbeard could use Kurouzu and kill him anyway he wants.  

If he has some ability, it's probably because he is a demon.

I'm going to assume he soloed Moria's crew.  Was never suggested he brought his crew with him. Or into any of the fights where he was captured.  Only right now is he trying to expand his army with the SAD project.  And that's all to prepare for that great war that he's planning.

I'm curious why he doesn't just fall into the sea / suffocate.

Maybe he's an actual zombie, or has some deeper relationship with / connection to Moria. A true undead, or a shadow he lost control over? Moria having created the strongest immortal would be a neat little callback / twist.

#50 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

Reading how the narrator says its a kind of hobby for Kaido to suicide, i understood it more like he is just trying things out like "lets see if i can resist this" more than trying to kill himself in a 100% situation, thats what i feel about it, and thats why he wouldnt try eating a DF and jumping to the oceana to me. Is it too ilogical?

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#51 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

Reading how the narrator says its a kind of hobby for Kaido to suicide, i understood it more like he is just trying things out like "lets see if i can resist this" more than trying to kill himself in a 100% situation, thats what i feel about it, and thats why he wouldnt try eating a DF and jumping to the oceana to me. Is it too ilogical?

If that was the case, he wouldn't have complained about not being dead...

As for DF, maybe his ''undead curse'' is even stronger than that.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#52 Strikto

Strikto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

I foresee he tried DF suiciding. maybe he already eaten 100 DF and still alive.

it is possible this saga we will see more mystery of DF and why Blackbeard can have more than 1 DF power

Edited by Strikto, 01 August 2015 - 12:00 PM.

• superfranky likes this

#53 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

Lets assume that Kaido indeed has the immortality/invulnerable fruit. falling into the sea doesnt negate his power(luffy was stretched at arlong park) , he should be perfectly fine, just sunk to the bottom and feel weak because that's what the sea does to fruit users. Blackbeard may actually have the power to kill him, his fruit actually sucks the power of fruit users. Lets analyze something else for a second, if there's an immortality fruit, is Kaido the first to eat it?.

Edited by tenchu, 03 August 2015 - 09:44 AM.

• BoriketheBlackDragon and capu like this

24gvaiu.jpg

#54 grandao0

grandao0

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

It makes sense if he is the first and only to eat an Imortal DF cause he is old as hell 

And in the water jump discussion, I agree that he gets washed to the shore and still survives, like I said he is cursed somehow by his DF so he can never die.

signature_Usop.jpg

#55 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

Another thing, If Kaido has Immortality, what if it's not a fruit, it could be that someone who had law's fruit in the past gave immortality to Kaido, that particular power of law's fruit was given a lot of attention for some reason.

24gvaiu.jpg

#56 Cawickeng

Cawickeng

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

It makes sense if he is the first and only to eat an Imortal DF cause he is old as hell 

And in the water jump discussion, I agree that he gets washed to the shore and still survives, like I said he is cursed somehow by his DF so he can never die.

All DFs are 'cursed', the curse is that they can't swim.  Seawater weakens all DF users, no exceptions (except for maybe Blackbeard).  Besides, think Blackbeard would've gone for his fruit if he knew it was so OP.

#57 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

The official translation of last chapter's final page from Viz

Spoiler

1 vs 1 always bet on Kaido :isee:

Edited by Sanji, 03 August 2015 - 07:19 PM.

• Furinji Saiga, Fulmine, Ajh77 and 5 others like this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#58 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

Dont tell me he wanted to fight in the war of the best instead of Whitebeard thats why he tried to stop him...and Shanks probably stopped Kaidou and told him to respect Whitebeards final desire?

• Leper likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#59 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,980 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

"People say"   "is said"  :P

I dont get why Oda just wont say HE IS the Worlds Strongest Creature"

like he did with WB and Mihawks title, straight up in an info box.  :(

Stop playing with my heart Oda. 

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 03 August 2015 - 08:19 PM.

• Sloan, Tale and Leper like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#60 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey