Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

I think that at least half of the hype comes from casuals as well because literally everyone that I know who aren't even that into anime, knew what OPM was and watched it and I've seen this trend happen worldwide

Like I think that this anime is the closest any show has come to meeting the same amount of popularity has SAO and AoT
  • Peleihno and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#182 Bombchu

Bombchu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

Like I think that this anime is the closest any show has come to meeting the same amount of popularity has SAO and AoT

Do you mean only recently? Because I can name a lot of anime that are/were more popular than those.

Edited by Bombchu, 09 January 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#183 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:39 AM

Do you mean only recently? Because I can name a lot of anime that are/were more popular than those.

What I mean is that in the specific years where those two eerie aired, nothing was more popular than those two

Heck, even today they both are still some of the most widely known and talked about anime ever whether or not they're being praised or shitted on (The latter tends to happena lot now)

Edited by Tokoya, 09 January 2016 - 11:39 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#184 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

@Tokoya

looking back, the time frame since sao and SnK aired and became more popular is only 4 years, which is "very recently"

on a 10 years time frame, the other very big titles were death note, fullmetal alchemist and code geass, and the big3(one piece, naruto, bleach) stayed popular for a lot of time

and if you look even more back, there were many other very big series,

the fact recently aired series are more popular and talked about in recent times is normal, what adds to the "size/weight" of that popularity is for how much time they can remain popular

meaning they may look big now, give them 5 more years and see if they can keep up (Snk could, given the source material is going on and it's solid, plus the second season coming up, less likely for sao)

opm is still growing up, but since it'll take a lot of time to see more anime seasons it's possible the popularity will die out before it happens

"I think that at least half of the hype comes from casuals as well because literally everyone that I know who aren't even that into anime, knew what OPM was and watched it and I've seen this trend happen worldwide"

i noticed that too, i call that "facebook effect", it's a recent thing which helped a lot in the raise of popularity of sao and Snk, and now it has kicked in for opm too

but what would be interesting to know is if all those pulled in by these shows are going to stick around for more series or if it's a one-time trend thing

Edited by Zeando, 09 January 2016 - 12:49 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#185 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:42 PM

@Tokoya
looking back, the time frame since sao and SnK aired and became more popular is only 4 years, which is "very recently"
on a 10 years time frame, the other very big titles were death note, fullmetal alchemist and code geass, and the big3(one piece, naruto, bleach) stayed popular for a lot of time
and if you look even more back, there were many other very big series,

the fact recently aired series are more popular and talked about in recent times is normal, what adds to the "size/weight" of that popularity is for how much time they can remain popular
meaning they may look big now, give them 5 more years and see if they can keep up (Snk could, given the source material is going on and it's solid, plus the second season coming up, less likely for sao)

opm is still growing up, but since it'll take a lot of time to see more anime seasons it's possible the popularity will die out before it happens

"I think that at least half of the hype comes from casuals as well because literally everyone that I know who aren't even that into anime, knew what OPM was and watched it and I've seen this trend happen worldwide"
i noticed that too, i call that "facebook effect", it's a recent thing which helped a lot in the raise of popularity of sao and Snk, and now it has kicked in for opm too
but what would be interesting to know is if all those pulled in by these shows are going to stick around for more series or if it's a one-time trend thing

SAO and Titan aren't going to die down anytime soon at all and it's going to be a while until both series are finished too

But yes, I stand by everything that you said as well bro

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#186 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

I agree that OPM is going to be a mainstream hit on the order of SAO/Attack/FMA once it comes out on dvd/br.

Viz needs to get this out as soon as possible. Or send it off to Toonami.

Also: 

• DarkNemesis and neji24 like this

#187 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:58 AM

This is probably the greatest dub/cover that was and will ever be.

• Peleihno, Enbima, TheFireSage and 1 other like this

#188 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:53 AM

mmm.

idk how I feel about this series yet.  just watched the first season because I figured id see what the hype was about.  and damn.  saitaman is powerful.  that much is for sure.

but something about the premise pisses me off on a fundamental level.   for all his supposed battle experience, saitamans "i don't care about anything" mentality really just pisses me off.   like fuck dude.  go ahead and jump into space already if you feel that way after all its taken to get you here.  if its not making you happy after all you've been through by now it never will again.  saitaman should just stop training and let himself get weaker if he really wants a challenge.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#189 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

i believe the proessional term is:  bump

Spoiler

Edited by retroluffy13, 28 August 2016 - 04:14 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#190 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

That boy needs therapy.

#191 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

https://youtu.be/fF47pz0wxQU

#192 Peleihno

Peleihno

F*ck Trump

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:15 PM

i believe the proessional term is:  bump

Spoiler

Ah, anime fan cringe. 

Spoiler Fun Posts

[INSERT SUPER DUPER AWESOME SIG!]

#193 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:04 PM

Ah, anime fan cringe.

still not as cringe as genos's English dub voice.

rim sheer

Edited by retroluffy13, 14 September 2016 - 01:05 PM.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#194 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

mmm.

idk how I feel about this series yet.  just watched the first season because I figured id see what the hype was about.  and damn.  saitaman is powerful.  that much is for sure.

but something about the premise pisses me off on a fundamental level.   for all his supposed battle experience, saitamans "i don't care about anything" mentality really just pisses me off.   like fuck dude.  go ahead and jump into space already if you feel that way after all its taken to get you here.  if its not making you happy after all you've been through by now it never will again.  saitaman should just stop training and let himself get weaker if he really wants a challenge.

That's kinda the point of OPM tho. What happens when you're that powerful that you one shot everything?

5.jpg

#195 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:12 AM

It is announced that One Punch-man going to have 2nd season of anime.

https://www.animenew...ame-app/.106871

• Peleihno, Tokoya and retroluffy13 like this

#196 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

OPM In Real Life Also featuring an interview with the dub actor of Boros.

5.jpg

#197 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

• KUROkami likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero