118 replies to this topic

#61 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

But Niagara uses 2 Power so I got only 1 "extra" move left and that being 1 Power underwater move? Ofcourse unless I misunderstood (once again -.-') how Techs work

I don't really understand what you said either, but I'll try to explain the gist of it again.

Say you have 3 points. One of them is because you're a fishman, and in this scenario they get +1 point in Power.

I could either do this;

Punch [1 Power]: A punch with fishman strength. (This one uses the fishman point in power. It can be used for anything as long as it's Power)

Sprint [1 Agility]: A fast sprint.

Jump [1 Agility]: A high and fast jump straight up.

Or I could do this, with the same amount (and same types) of points. This is called stacking techs. The structure itself is called a tech tree.

Punch [1 Power]: A punch with fishman strength. (This one uses the fishman point in power. It can be used for anything as long as it's Power)

Fast Punch [1 Power + 1 Agility]: A really fast and strong punch.

Double Punch [1 Power + 2 Agility]: Two really fast punches directly after another. Makes it look like he has two arms.

Each scenario uses the same amount of points, but the second one focuses them all in one single tech, which is worth 3 points (and does 3 damage). If you added another point onto that tech it would use 1 point (you're adding points, not matching them), and the total would come to 4 points.

#62 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

I don't really understand what you said either, but I'll try to explain the gist of it again.

Say you have 3 points. One of them is because you're a fishman, and in this scenario they get +1 point in Power.

I could either do this;

Sprint [1 Agility]: A fast sprint.

Jump [1 Agility]: A high and fast jump straight up.

Or I could do this, with the same amount (and same types) of points. This is called stacking techs. The structure itself is called a tech tree.

Fast Punch [1 Power + 1 Agility]: A really fast and strong punch.

Double Punch [1 Power + 2 Agility]: Two really fast punches directly after another. Makes it look like he has two arms.

Each scenario uses the same amount of points, but the second one focuses them all in one single tech, which is worth 3 points (and does 3 damage). If you added another point onto that tech it would use 1 point (you're adding points, not matching them), and the total would come to 4 points.

._.

That's basically how I think I've done it but i still can't see from my Stats how I got room for 1 more Tech?

#63 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

I thought I might've counted wrong, but I went back and counted. Please remove the (+1 while submerged) and just write that in Traits. It confuses things when you're counting the totals and how many techs you have. 

You can just count the number of techs you have. It's only 7. You should have 9 techs since you have 9 points. You don't spend another point for stacking techs onto others. You spend 1 point per tech.

Edit: You've probably just counted Niagara and Old Faithful twice since they have 2 points each. You don't. That Power points you already counted when you made the tech they're stacked onto (100 bricks).

Edited by Hyouzou, 01 October 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#64 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

I thought I might've counted wrong, but I went back and counted. Please remove the (+1 while submerged) and just write that in Traits. It confuses things when you're counting the totals and how many techs you have. 

You can just count the number of techs you have. It's only 7. You should have 9 techs since you have 9 points. You don't spend another point for stacking techs onto others. You spend 1 point per tech.

Edit: You've probably just counted Niagara and Old Faithful twice since they have 2 points each. You don't. That Power points you already counted when you made the tech they're stacked onto (100 bricks).

So basically I can have right now 9 techs and the strongest one could be even [4 Power + 1 Stamina + 2 Agility + 2 Focus]?

#65 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

So basically I can have right now 9 techs and the strongest one could be even [4 Power + 1 Stamina + 2 Agility + 2 Focus]?

Yes. You can be a very powerful one-trick pony. But I encourage diversity. There's a rule from Geyter's system that says if your tech has a certain number of points (can't remember how much) you can only use it a certain number of times or something like that. If your total is 30 and you have a tech that has 10 points, you can only use it thrice until you get an opportunity to rest (basically after combat). I should go back and see how that works, it's probably a good idea to implement it here too. I don't know if that's gonna be very applicable yet, though.

#66 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

Yes. You can be a very powerful one-trick pony. But I encourage diversity. There's a rule from Geyter's system that says if your tech has a certain number of points (can't remember how much) you can only use it a certain number of times or something like that. If your total is 30 and you have a tech that has 10 points, you can only use it thrice until you get an opportunity to rest (basically after combat). I should go back and see how that works, it's probably a good idea to implement it here too. I don't know if that's gonna be very applicable yet, though.

ths'ts not whta I meant but I think you still anwered my question.

And yes I kind of counted Niagara and Old Faithful twice kind of, I counted the stats they use. So right now my techs use once every stat given (4 Power, 2 Agility, 1 Stamina and 2 Focus). So What am I not still understanding? Can I still have 9 techniques even if Niagara and Old Faithful use multiple stats?

#67 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

ths'ts not whta I meant but I think you still anwered my question.

And yes I kind of counted Niagara and Old Faithful twice kind of, I counted the stats they use. So right now my techs use once every stat given (4 Power, 2 Agility, 1 Stamina and 2 Focus). So What am I not still understanding? Can I still have 9 techniques even if Niagara and Old Faithful use multiple stats?

Oh man, i'm tired. I don't really understand what you're asking. You have 7 techs right now anyways, and you have 2 more to use. Think of tech stacking as putting another point in a tech after it's been made, not like creating an entirely new tech. They still have to be similar.

#68 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

Making my character now :D

• Hyouzou likes this

#69 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Awesome! Be sure to ask me if something's unclear.

#70 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Just updating here. I'm still working on the story and NPC's and stuff, just so you guys know. I'm not sure the people who said they were interested a while ago still are, we've only got two people now as far as I can tell :/

#71 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

You can still count me in. I'll finish up my character sheet tonight if I can.

#72 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

Awesome!

#73 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

Spoiler

Work in progress pending DF approval.

Edited by Lone_ant, 17 March 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#74 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

I'm still here, guys. Just send in your CS's and we can actually start... 

@Lone have you seen my PM?

#75 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

Yeah, I'm going to work on it this Sunday.

I currently work 6 days out of 7 so why I haven't been able to concentrate here, but I'm still definitely IN :)

• Hyouzou likes this

#76 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

Alright I hope this is ok

Spoiler

edit: alright I changed my CS according to what we discussed in pm ^^

Edited by Raiden, 28 November 2015 - 07:35 AM.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#77 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:57 AM

I still need to finish up the background, but I'll go ahead and post what I have so I can see if I set up the abilities correctly. I might change some. Sorry it took so long to put something up. Have been pretty busy.

Spoiler

#78 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:20 AM

Alright, we are on the brink of starting this thing! I just need LoneAnt's finished CS and the rest of Shin's.

I had this discussion with Raiden earlier since he's so far the only one with a buff tech (apart from Jekku's ship sabotaging/repairing), and I'm not sure how to deal with them.

As it is now, I allowed Raiden to have a buff that, for 2 points, grants his character 2 points of buffing (in his case a speed increase and strength (in his legs) increase) for 1 round, i.e for one post. Continuing, each point in the tech would give him either 1 more point of buffing or 1 more round of the buff lasting.

Does that sound fair, considering you could make the same amount of points into one single action? Should I change it, any suggestions?

#79 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:36 AM

Alright, we are on the brink of starting this thing! I just need LoneAnt's finished CS and the rest of Shin's.

I had this discussion with Raiden earlier since he's so far the only one with a buff tech (apart from Jekku's ship sabotaging/repairing), and I'm not sure how to deal with them.

As it is now, I allowed Raiden to have a buff that, for 2 points, grants his character 2 points of buffing (in his case a speed increase and strength (in his legs) increase) for 1 round, i.e for one post. Continuing, each point in the tech would give him either 1 more point of buffing or 1 more round of the buff lasting.

Does that sound fair, considering you could make the same amount of points into one single action? Should I change it, any suggestions?

That seems fair. That could also be applied to my chars Drunken Dance and I was jsut about to ask you anyway about it

#80 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Kinda sad to see this didn't get any traction during the holidays. Can't blame you all, I was pretty busy myself. I'm just gonna say it again, though, i'm still going to be doing this if anybody's interested. I've got the story worked out and i'm still working on stuff for it. So it's not dead in my eyes, at least!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users