Spoiler

#83 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:18 AM

I guess we could do it with the two of you but I'd like to see whether @Lone_ant or @Shin are planning to come back to it. Otherwise we'll make do with what we have!

Edited by Hyouzou, 10 January 2016 - 07:18 AM.

#84 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:15 PM

I'm still here. I was just waiting until things picked up again to make my updates. Plus the holidays were a distraction. I'll make the changes to my abilities we discussed and add in my background, which shouldn't take that long.

#85 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:29 AM

I'm in.

#86 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

Awesome, guys! I didn't want to pressure anyone over the holidays, I wasn't exactly active myself. If I remember correctly, Shin and Lone are the only ones with stuff to do on their CS:s, am I right?

#87 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:34 PM

All right, I'm going to start this up in a week or so, with or without you guys @Shin @Lone_ant. You're free to jump in later, but I just feel like it's doing more harm than good to wait so long to start this up. I bet it's going to take a long time before the RP gets to a point where I can't figure out ways to include more people, anyways.

You'll all be starting out somewhat fresh, ready to get your hands dirty and start playing with the big guys. You've come to Blue Bark to find this, Grand Line's number one stop for rookies and up-and-comers. You can deviate all you want from this general outline, as long as it would still make sense. Maybe your character just wants autographs from big shot pirates, maybe a hair stylist looking to clean Redbeard's mess of a haircut, or maybe he/she is an undercover Marine (although you probably shouldn't, if you want your character to last long...). 

The general plan is to gather you all up in one 'group' eventually. As to how and what it entails, I'll leave vague (because I either 1. have no idea or 2. have way too many plans). So you're not going to be part of completely separate factions (to begin with anyway. Again, we'll just see where the sea takes us), but really, feel free to kick up any kind of conflict or sub-plot you want, it's your characters and all the interactions that will play the biggest part in how fun this can be. If you're afraid of whether I'll approve it or not, just send me a PM. You wanna be a secret high-tier character? A long-lost prince of Mariejois? The son of Crocodile? All of this can be made reality.

Other than that, I guess I can't say too much. As it is now, the 'plot' ties into bigger things that, realistically, we're probably never going to get into, but I mean... why not. I'm escalating things pretty quickly though (might adjust, depending on how the RP goes), just so your guys can start kicking real ass and so I can show off all the ideas I have for the Marines (ooh, new Admirals!), Shichibukai (hmm... wonder who) and some throw-backs to the 'old' canon One Piece world. 

I hope you guys are still interested!

• Raiden and Shin like this

#88 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

Alright, it hasn't been quite a week yet, I'm just popping in to say that we might be delayed a little bit. My computer (where I have all my RP stuff) is in for repair. I thought it would be back by now but it hasn't, so I honestly don't know when I'll be able to put out the first post (I'll definitely make it known in this thread, of course).

#89 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:32 AM

No problem, just take all the time you need :)

#90 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

@Hyouzou That is okay. Hope your computer is fixed soon.

I did decide to rework my character since we had the time. Rather than the optic fruit which felt a bit hard to define exactly with what I wanted to do with it I think I'd like to go ahead and use the glass Logia if that is okay. Feel like I can use that fruit and be a lot more detailed with describing how it works, especially visually. Though if you don't want us to use a Logia because they can be a little OP without haki then I can change it to a glass Paramecia fruit instead with just a few changes with what I want to do with it. My character isn't going to be a big fighter-type anyway.

#91 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

I'd much prefer it to be Paramecia if it's not too big a hassle for you. It would make the process of giving your character interesting enemies to fight a lot harder, for sure. 

Are you planning on using the glass for the kinds of stuff you already talked to me about (magnifying stuff and light redirection)?

#92 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, no problem. It's why I asked as without advanced haki Logia are sort of nearly impossible to deal with. Figured it would be a bit much. 

I can still magnify stuff and do light redirection, but I can do that by making actual lenses rather than some abstract idea with my body only manipulating light rays or something. It being a simple glass fruit felt like it would be easier to describe. Plus I can do other things with the glass besides just using it for light. Gives me some more options with being creative.

#93 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

Alright, I get my computer back tomorrow. I'll try writing up the first post then, but I'm going away on thursday (without my computer...) and will be gone for a week so there's a risk I won't be posting it until the beginning of march, sorry if that happens. Hope you all won't have gotten sick of my delaying by then!

#94 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

The RP is finally up!

Thanks for sticking around (I hope). You all take your time, I know I did. Now that the ball is rolling, i'm going to be able to make updates pretty much constantly. I guess it depends on how quickly you guys post, but maybe once a week or once every two weeks depending on that.

Also, please tell me how you like my writing style. I kinda wanted to make the first introduction of major elements to be bolded and in a certain color. I hope it's not distracting (I can change it otherwise). I also plan to make a little OOC spoiler at the bottom of every update, which will hopefully include a brief summary of what I just wrote, in a much more simplified manner. So if you're in a fight, you probably want to check that thing just to see if you misunderstood what attacks are launched at you or what kind of de-buff you just took. It's not always going to say, because some mechanics you need to figure out yourself. 

Also, feel free to write here about stuff happening in the RP, if you have any questions or if you want to have a group talk with the other guys about what your characters are going to do. I really want you guys to be the helm of this ship, and I'll just write the story around that. I already have half a dozen different ways this arc could turn into, but I think the general outline is pretty clear for now.

With that said, I'll bump @Shin and @Lone_ant one time just to see if they still want to join (no problem, jump in whenever you want if that's the case!).

Really hoping some of you are still interested, but I fully understand if this is already dead in the water. I really took my time with it (and wrote the entire first post in one sitting, so it didn't really come out the way I planned. I have some sketches of the island and more importantly a headshot of Redbeard I have to scan and include in the RP somewhere. Maybe when someone first encounters him. Here's the pic of Redbeard. I'm not going to draw every character, since i'm not really good at drawing people, but I thought Redbeard had a solid enough image in my head, and his features make him pretty easy to draw without having to spend hours making jawlines look good and stuff. I'll talk more about the physical appearances of people when I introduce them. Some of them have images from the web, but I'm so bad at finding those that most are just in my head. This was the longest parenthesis comment ever). Anyways, RP is up.

• Raiden, Shin, Lone_ant and 1 other like this

#95 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:37 AM

I will post by Sunday (South East Asia time) even if it kills me.

#96 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

Awesome!

#97 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:06 AM

I'm starting right now, please info me if somethings off so I can edit it.

#98 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

No problems here, but just remember that my updates won't magically control your characters. I will simply trigger certain events or post from the viewpoints of characters that you guys are interacting with. 

i.e you'll have to make a second post to further your character's involvement in the story, unless you just want me to throw some mooks at him or something. You can instigate whatever you want, as long as the end of your post somehow warrants a reaction from me or any of the other players. Alternatively you can wait until I post the update and decide where your character will go afterwards (of course you'll have to post as if your character has no information about what just transpired in my update).

#99 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

Background is done. Will work on skills tomorrow and post once its approved :)

#100 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:10 AM

Question: Humans get one free trait. Does that include DF? Like my char is a DF user, does that mean her trait as a human is already used up or do I still get to make one?

Edited by Lone_ant, 16 March 2016 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users