Photo

One Piece: News, Events and Merchandise (Part 3)

• Please log in to reply
697 replies to this topic

#21 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

Well it's not like this is the first time the crews been seperated and some(or...all but Luffy) not appearing for a long time

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#22 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

Well it's not like this is the first time the crews been seperated and some(or...all but Luffy) not appearing for a long time

They had the coverstories with the Strawhats to animate during Impel Down and Marineford, though, and little appearances by the crew here and there. And the Strong World fillers. In this case we've already been without the Swirlyhats since September, and we won't see them again until like March unless filler is added

#23 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

In the continuing adventures of not knowing what is going on with the Jeanist Contest, One Piece Dance Battle updated with winning Law and Hancock outfits added as new characters. While that makes total sense, it was advertised with a shadowed image including Perona and Bartolomeo. The logical thought process would normally be that maybe they decided to also include the second place winners but Perona was third and Bartolomeo of forth so once again I have no idea what the point of this contest was outside of put One Piece characters in jeans for the sake of advertisement (if anything). 

tumblr_inline_nxhx4ijDxn1tzhy3o_540.png

Spoiler Jeanist Contest Hancock
Spoiler Jeanist Conest Law
Spoiler Jeanist Contest Perona
Spoiler Jeanist Contest Bartolomeo

In regards to the actual figures, here are pictures of Zoro and Hancock's figures and alternate colors. Both of Zoro's colors came out better looking than the original illustration. Glad they got rid of the mint green pants for him.

tipsyGnostalgic1445969889.jpeg
Hancock looks great in the red. Almost can't decide which version is better for her.
tipsyGnostalgic1445970047.jpeg

Edited by Nintendocat, 11 November 2015 - 11:09 PM.

• Kazekage likes this

#24 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:35 AM

http://www.animenews...-website/.95349
  • Furinji Saiga likes this

#25 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,002 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

I wonder how this will effect the usual release we get. 

Also here are pictures

Damn they make it look so evil.  :unsure:

kE5twoi.jpg

S9pCvNU.jpg

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#26 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

Mangapanda is kill. Good fucking riddance.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#27 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

no more chapters on thursday yay!!!

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#28 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:41 AM

no more chapters on thursday yay!!!

It shouldn't effect mangastream. And someone else will probably pop up for panda eventually

#29 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

Gotta Love the Japanese and their animation :lol:

Off topic
Spoiler

• Furinji Saiga likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#30 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

It shouldn't effect mangastream. And someone else will probably pop up for panda eventually

The real question is whether other scanlators/raw providers will be discouraged now that people have actually been arrested for this, and that the question has been raised for real in Japan. Although I doubt many more efforts will be taken, there is a small chance that this could grow into an issue the japanese decide to put more resources into solving.

Mangapanda is still putting up chapters right now, though I still doubt their weekly releases of Jump won't be affected.

• Kazekage and Enbima like this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#31 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Gotta download some of my favorite titles, just in case. You'll  never know when the mangapocalypse will happen.   :whistle:

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#32 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

Gotta download some of my favorite titles, just in case. You'll  never know when the mangapocalypse will happen.   :whistle:

There are enough other sites, dont worry.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:26 AM

The other sites actually post MP, MS and powermanga version though so...if MP is done then they would have nothing to post. Wonder how MS and powermanga do.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#34 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

Another figure coliseum is going on. This time it's Law, Urouge, and Bartolomeo. They look pretty good but this line tends to be more dynamic since the artists are showing off. You also have a pic of the artist behind the figures and, as you can see, each character has 'one of those guys' working on them.

Voting ends November 23rd. You can vote for your favorite here: http://bfc.bpnavi.jp...io5/ballot.html

CT5nN-HVEAE6spC.jpg
CT5nN9_U8AAa8_S.jpg
CT5nN-NUwAEj1Wf.jpg

The Baratie restaurant in Japan is having a Christmas dessert special and you can get promotional images for going. Nami and Robin are looking cute in their Christmas clothes. Now I kinda want to see what some of the other characters would look in Christmas clothes. (Mainly Perona and Hancock though)
CT5ZOn9UAAAsMla.jpgCT5ZOj6VAAAEW1D.jpg
CT5f_qFU8AABL1U.png

Edited by Nintendocat, 17 November 2015 - 11:31 PM.

• RhyssaFireheart, Madara D Dragon and GintaMan like this

#35 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Another figure coliseum is going on. This time it's Law, Urouge, and Bartolomeo. They look pretty good but this line tends to be more dynamic since the artists are showing off. You also have a pic of the artist behind the figures and, as you can see, each character has 'one of those guys' working on them.

Voting ends November 23rd. You can vote for your favorite here: http://bfc.bpnavi.jp...io5/ballot.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT5nN-HVEAE6...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT5nN9_U8AAa...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CT5nN-NUwAEj...

I don't know if i did the voting well but...

I freaking love them all  :aww:

I think the hardest choice is between the Urogue ones, one's wings are really impressive, while the other's face looks more realistic.

Law with hat is cooler when seen closer.

And Bartolomeo jumping wrocks the other one.

• GintaMan likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#36 GintaMan

GintaMan

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationSniper Island

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:43 PM

The Urogue one kinda looks like it has a modified version of its creator's face.  :lolxg: Though I agree, both looks badass as f**k.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

"To have a dream is to struggle with reality."

Have a taste of my pIMP Slap!

tiM4Zrr.gif

"The Old Man of the North"

http://38.media.tumb...EcNV1r1vglf.gif

Chairman Emeritus, OMF Butt Stuff Appreciation Association

Almighty Bishop of the Church of Escanor, Gawd of the Sun

#37 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

Why does some of the makers not want to show their face? Is that a common thing to do in japan?

#38 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

Their beauty can blind you thats why.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#39 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

The newest figure expo happened and the megahouse figure fans are all raging because, once again, the figures Megahouse chose to do aren't the ones they're wanting. The rage is more understandable than 'old character still doesn't have a figure' this time since they didn't reveal any new characters this time but focused solely on the big sellers: Popular characters and Fanservice! But really, who came blame Megahouse for wanting to make money and, complain all they want, someone is obviously buying these.

First off is a colored version of the Sailing Again Luffy ver 2. As usually the biggest complaint here is that megahouse never managed to render Luffy's face into 3D very well.
tipsyGnostalgic1448702195.jpeg

Next up is Sexy Sanji. Yes, a male character fanservice that's not Law! I can't tell is Sanji's expression is supposed to portray boredom or indifference.
Jofuu1448687032.jpeg

Oh no, Megahouse has made so many versions of Law that they've run out of stuff to make figures of Law about. Right... Nope. Because Oda provided them with yet another way to make another Law figure. Better yet, it also fits their need to have a sexy female to exploit for collectors. Wait, what? Sadly, female!Law might have the best face I've seen on one of their female figures. It's super cute.

Note: The figure is uncolored and everything is covered but use caution when viewing.

Spoiler Genderbent Law

Remember those recent bikini figures of Nami, Robin, and Hancock with the insane (even for One Piece) proportions? Well, not even a year later, here's version 2 of Nami. So if you liked the idea but didn't want Nami to have a Wallace and Grommit mouth, here you go.

Note: She is painted and, while everything is covered, she's very suggestively posed so view with caution.
Spoiler B.B. Nami version 2

• Kazekage and Madara D Dragon like this

#40 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

Wow, fapping time for Japan!

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users