Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,866 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

Previous Thread

tumblr_inline_nsv4ipKPvX1r54oux_540.png

Y'all worshippers of the Japenese M&M got to stop poisoning all threads with your delululu. 

Japanese M&M is not even worthy of discussing in same thread as holy savior of OP!!! 

Did M&M even thank Luffysus for sending him to is beloved fairy vearth? No! That just tells you all you need to know about his flop personality and flop power. 

I pray y'all find the light asap and Luffysus forgives you for your sins tbh.  

The guy flew there by his own power...

But let pretend that's true, the majority here is not even worthy of M&M LOL, much less Luffysus.

As in absence of evidence?

And LOL, what happened in chapter 100 is a completely perfect way to judge chapter 430...not to mention Dragon was standing and Smoker was sitting on Luffy. It's too much work to bend his body down and if you think about it, what's wrong with grabbing the jutte? If he had CoA AND the sea stone jutte, hitting Smoker is much more easier...

Isn't mantra observation haki? Or am I confused about that....im sure oda had haki in mind as soon as he thought of the problem any logia user can present...

Yes please let this become a thing and everyone just refer to him as M&M   :lol:

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 18 September 2015 - 11:29 PM.

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:31 AM

So how much time has passed since they arrived in Dressrosa? 

At one point should Luffy remember half his crew is missing?  :huh:

Shouldn't Kin'emon start to worry about his missing child? 

• Furinji Saiga likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#3 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:36 AM

So how much time has passed since they arrived in Dressrosa? 

At one point should Luffy remember half his crew is missing?  :huh:

Shouldn't Kin'emon start to worry about his missing child? 

4 days in total i guess

qhz8b56l.png

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,501 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

It's the 5th day's noon

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#5 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:56 PM

@ShinmenTakezo

Well, 30 minutes is not that short of a period actually, so the comparison to Chopper´s Monster Point seems redundant,  and just from a destructive power point of view, Luffy will never be able to match guys like Whitebeard or the Admirals who can even change the climate of an entire island, freeze seas, cause huge quakes and so on but that´s secondary and it´s not realyl needed to fight them equally, i doubt Garp can do that as well.

It does though, they are different modes to his fighting prowess, Luffy is an exception in that regard. His abilities in base have nothing to do with his abilities in G4, so you do have to regard it separately.

Was it 30 minutes ? I'm not sure if we have definitive evidence for that. If he maintained that long, it's a bit more impressive in terms of long it lasts, while making it a bit less impressive in overall power output, if Doflamingo handled it for 30 minutes and was in good enough condition to continue fighting. The comparison is fair, it's a time restricted technique with a huge downside. It's not quite as severe as MP, but it functions in the same manner.

I disagree, you have to look at Luffy as the whole package. He's in charge of all modes and has various degrees of mastery over them, and for a mode such as G4 it's limitations are key in understanding it's usability and value at this point in time. The way it will be adjusted afterwards remains to be seen, whether Oda will tone it down a bit while increasing it's usability, maintain it the same while doing that, or improve upon it and maybe only make it as convenient as G2 very late into the series.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#6 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

@ShinmenTakezo

Was it 30 minutes ? I'm not sure if we have definitive evidence for that. If he maintained that long, it's a bit more impressive in terms of long it lasts, while making it a bit less impressive in overall power output, if Doflamingo handled it for 30 minutes and was in good enough condition to continue fighting. The comparison is fair, it's a time restricted technique with a huge downside. It's not quite as severe as MP, but it functions in the same manner.

I disagree, you have to look at Luffy as the whole package. He's in charge of all modes and has various degrees of mastery over them, and for a mode such as G4 it's limitations are key in understanding it's usability and value at this point in time. The way it will be adjusted afterwards remains to be seen, whether Oda will tone it down a bit while increasing it's usability, maintain it the same while doing that, or improve upon it and maybe only make it as convenient as G2 very late into the series.

Approximately. We got Luffy crushing DD, then he pulled out Awakening which kept Luffy at bay and then Oda gave a narration box with "20 minutes later". I do not know if it´s less impressive onsidering DD had to pull out his ultimate attack only to keep Luffy away.

Nah. Luffy´s case is special because the gears, just like the name suggests, is something that increases all the capabilities, whether it´s speed, maneuverability, power, strength. The limitations, while significant for Luffy as a whole in a fight, are irrelevant in judging the level of each gear.

Chopper´s monster point makes him bigger and stronger, but at the same time slower and bigger of a target. Sanji´s DJ only increases the power of his kicks but everything else stays teh same. Luffy´s gears are different though and are also not a single attack.

It´s just like pre-TS: Luffy without gears had no chance against Lucci, so Lucci > gearless Luffy, with gears it was Lucci = G2+G3 Luffy.

So how do you decide where Luffy was strength-wise? Is his gearless state more relevant or his state with the gears? If you wanna combine the two, how do you wanna do that?

Hence judging each gear by itself.

qhz8b56l.png

#7 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:04 AM

@ShinmenTakezo

Luffy's G3 attacks are rather slow and quite easy to avoid and Luffy's G4 seems to be somewhat hard to control, with him bouncing around and losing his balance whenever he hit the ground after a big technique. I'm not entirely convinced by this "no trade off".  To decide where Luffy is strength wise is extremely relevant to have a perfect understanding of his gears limitations, because otherwise you can be way off with your estimation. There was some discussion regarding that "20 minutes later" thing, i'm not sure if what that referred to was clarified.

Chopper's MP makes him bigger, stronger, much more resilient. I'm not sure if it was said at a single point that it makes him slower, i seem to remember him being more than capable to land attack on some CP9 members pre ts with it. For the most part his speed doesn't really seem to be negatively affected.

http://bato.to/read/..._by_no-group/13

It's also interesting to looks at Sanji's DJ introduction, when it was said that the technique is "a leg that gained plenty of heat in addition to attacking speed". So it's basically an addition of elemental damage, and apparently significantly faster attacks, which in return also result in an increase in physical attack power.

xGzqj0x.gif

#8 Deathkingdome

Deathkingdome

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationViking Nation

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Base Luffy should learn the marine CP9 techniques, and just use gear when necessary. Luffy should learn to use moon walk, tekkai, soru, etc...., or at least a different version of them. I guess COA haki can replace tekkai. Gear take a big toll on him. I think all the crew should learn these techniques in addition to their own. 

#9 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

Base Luffy should learn the marine CP9 techniques, and just use gear when necessary. Luffy should learn to use moon walk, tekkai, soru, etc...., or at least a different version of them. I guess COA haki can replace tekkai. Gear take a big toll on him. I think all the crew should learn these techniques in addition to their own. 

CoA replaces Tekkai, CoO replaces Kamie, G2 replaces soru, G4 allows him to use moon walk.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#10 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

@Strobacaxi

I could see Hardening as some sort of advanced combination of Tekkai and CoA, but CoA in itself does not teplace Tekkai. Kamie is some sort of body manipulation, has nothing to do with observation for as much as i remember. G2 makes use of the Soru principles since he developed it after observing the CP9.

xGzqj0x.gif

#11 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

@ShinmenTakezo

Luffy's G3 attacks are rather slow and quite easy to avoid and Luffy's G4 seems to be somewhat hard to control, with him bouncing around and losing his balance whenever he hit the ground after a big technique. I'm not entirely convinced by this "no trade off".  To decide where Luffy is strength wise is extremely relevant to have a perfect understanding of his gears limitations, because otherwise you can be way off with your estimation. There was some discussion regarding that "20 minutes later" thing, i'm not sure if what that referred to was clarified.

Chopper's MP makes him bigger, stronger, much more resilient. I'm not sure if it was said at a single point that it makes him slower, i seem to remember him being more than capable to land attack on some CP9 members pre ts with it. For the most part his speed doesn't really seem to be negatively affected.

http://bato.to/read/..._by_no-group/13

It's also interesting to looks at Sanji's DJ introduction, when it was said that the technique is "a leg that gained plenty of heat in addition to attacking speed". So it's basically an addition of elemental damage, and apparently significantly faster attacks, which in return also result in an increase in physical attack power.

G3 is a different matter than G2 and G4 though since it does not work as the latter do, namely an increase of overall attributes, it works more like Diable Jame actually, more power with each attack, so that´s irrelevant.

Second, G4 Luffy has not hsown to have problems to control it, the only limitation we have right now is his Haki usage limitations.

To understand where Luffy is strength-wise, you have to first understand the level of each gear though. In addition, you failed to answer my questions, how would you decide what is more relevant to "figure out Luffy´s overall strength"? It´s not like you can simply combine the twom they each have distinctive fighting levels G4>G2>base Luffy.

It´s simple logic, being bigger makes you slower in pretty much all cases. We have seen that Chopper has pretty good speed with leg point or his new karate point, in Monster Point, he just stands around. And teh fight against CP9 was due to Kumadori shitting himself, and that was only one punch, the second came when Kumadori was barely standing up, which shows the great power Monster Point has really. And being a bigger target has been mentioned several times for big guys.

That translation is wrong though, if oyu have the volume, read it up, it basically says spinning at high speed gives him more attacking power, along those lines, not to forget Sanji has not shown speed gainst with using Diable Jambe.

qhz8b56l.png

#12 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:52 AM

@ShinmenTakezo

Nah, he was shown unable to control his landing and bouncing around twice, i believe in two successive chapters while using G4. So while he gains aerial maneuverability, he loses some of the control he has over his body. Also, did we see his body stretching like he usually does ? I think the only time he used a "ranged" attack by extending his arm, it looked a lot more rigid due to the hardening.

To fully understand where Luffy is strength wise you must also take into account his mentality, the likeliness and willingness to use certain techniques in a given situation, how much "fuel" he burns with each of his modes, what are the downsides of their usage, etc. If you want to simply build a scenario where Luffy starts off enraged and willing to gamble it all on his G4 ( which you'd have to admit, it would be far from standard ), then sure for that specific scenario you'd only take into account the G4 with it's limitations. A characters mentality/intelligence is part of his fighting strength as well. How he approaches every fight, how likely is for him to be defeated against certain opponents before pushing the pedal to the metal. Some fighters are more naive, others are more cunning, others are more reckless, etc. Yeah, it is hard to pinpoint Luffy's exact strength as a character and at the end of the day it takes into account a lot more than simply pushing him to what you think it's his strongest possible fighting mode, and then pitting him against someone.

Edited by Sanji, 27 September 2015 - 08:53 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#13 Deathkingdome

Deathkingdome

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • LocationViking Nation

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

CoA replaces Tekkai, CoO replaces Kamie, G2 replaces soru, G4 allows him to use moon walk.

Gears techniques put strain on Luffy´s body, so it would be clever to find techniques that does not put as much strain on him. G2 shorten Luffy´s life the more he uses it, G3 make him a chibi and incapable of fighting for a period of time. G4 totally drains his haki which makes him vulnerable for 10 minutes. These techniques are not optimal for a long fight especially since Luffy will be facing admirals and yonkou at some point. 

#14 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:58 AM

G3 make him a chibi and incapable of fighting for a period of time

It doesn't anymore. G2 and G3 have no side effects post TS. Only G4, and that will eventually stop happening too 

• Deathkingdome likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#15 Oben

Oben

Disneyland was an Inside Job

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,554 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

Gears techniques put strain on Luffy´s body, so it would be clever to find techniques that does not put as much strain on him. G2 shorten Luffy´s life the more he uses it, G3 make him a chibi and incapable of fighting for a period of time. G4 totally drains his haki which makes him vulnerable for 10 minutes. These techniques are not optimal for a long fight especially since Luffy will be facing admirals and yonkou at some point.

The drawbacks were taken down with the TS, Luffy no longer goes chibi after G3, and G2 probably lost its side-effects as well. Now for G4, it's not like Luffy spams it to begin with.
  • Deathkingdome likes this

#16 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:31 AM

Will luffiet meet his lomeo again?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,501 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

Maybe. Romeo still haven't fanboyed over the rest of SHs yet.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#18 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,555 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

it was funny at first but now it is getting old.

when he was flattening people and cutting off tongs for bad talking luffy that was one thing. but now i can't take him seriously anymore. wasn't he at one point the "cannibal" responsible for bombing citizens and setting fire to pirates? all while joking around and laughing?

oh but now he is a joke. cool. he stood up to an admiral but who cares...... we need to see bartolomeo doing something crazy against to remind us who he is.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#19 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

People aren't one dimensional. He can still be all those things at once.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#20 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,555 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

People aren't one dimensional. He can still be all those things at once.

people arn't but Oda's characters.........................well...................

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users