• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#281 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:41 AM

No way you are telling me you honestly believe that oda planned that far in advance, this is a guy who had luffy's hero lose an arm to a fish then turn out to be a big deal emperor. The guy who had shanks' haki do physical damage to a ship and knock people out one by one then compeletly overhaul that about 100 chapters later. The same guy who had zoro compeletly contradict everything we know about haki in a throw away line to his opponents. The guy who has made DF users float.... twice.... the guy who had chopper eat a rumball for guard point then in 20 chapters tell us he longer eats those for guard point. The guy who called cp9 the strongest and ONLY assassin group then made cp0. The guy who changed gold rogers name to Gol D roger (don't get me started) the guy who changed trebol's DF from logia to paramicum over the course of one arc.... the guy who planned on OP being half as long as this... the guy that called MF past the half way point now 300 chapters later BM is just getting started and we still have a list of 10 things that need to be put to rest before OP can end.

You want to tell me That Guy planned awakening 500 chapters in advance? (I don't count the zoan users)

Oda to his editors "ok guys so the way luffy will beat Enel is by awakening his DF so he can turn other things into rubber, then I will not hint at the fact that luffy did that, I won't have the characters question how the golden bell didn't melt, and I won't even mention this until 500 chapters from now"
Editor "won't that confuse people?"
Oda "no when I do eventually reveal awakening only the smartest of the smart fans will notice that is how the golden ball didn't melt"
Editor "are you going to at least explain this in an sbs?"
Oda, "are you crazy? That is where I make adult jokes with children, let kids attack me with attacks from characters in my manga, and give birthdays to characters"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#282 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

I told you I don't care if he planned it or if he corrected it. As long as things make sense, it's good.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#283 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

I told you I don't care if he planned it or if he corrected it. As long as things make sense, it's good.

Well that is my problem, it doesn't makes sense. Luffy has never before and honestly never since displayed anything resembling awakening, so why in that one moment?

That is the same lazy explaination as "sabo had amnesia" ya ok.... we would of also accepted he was undercover and didn't get the news...

banner.png

#284 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

so why in that one moment?

I will just quote myself: unbelievably lucky beyond belief.

Only serves to show he's decidely below Enel and needs a one-time luck of his whole life worth LOL

#285 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

I wouldn't even say that Luffy is that gifted as a fighter in every regard. I mean we at least saw him struggling with his df. And after having it for 19 years he can adapt it rather smoothly now. More or less. But even there its not like with naruto or Ichigo who all mastered their respective technics way faster in comparison.

Luffy is mostly portrait as a natural talent but not as overvthe top as others I would say.

The luck part is true but in the end every MC is protected by plot armour. Just that Oda tends to use it as comedy and so we might remember it differently.

Ya compared to others like naruto who mastered the hardest tech in the world on 3 days luffy isn't special. But in the land of OP luffy mastered haki from the PK's right hand in a year and a half.

Oh and don't even get me started on G2.

And luffy has adapted his combat methods for nearly every new enemy, from water luffy to G4 tank man. We don't see anyone in op adapt that well (aside from Enel) I mean zoro was faced with an opponent he couldn't cut. So his "adaptation" was to cut harder.

can you guys make some examples where luffy was protected by plot armor?

in recent chapters i mean,

the fights vs crocodile are all well documented already

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#286 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

can you guys make some examples where luffy was protected by plot armor?

in recent chapters i mean,

the fights vs crocodile are all well documented already

You knkw what I am going to say don't you? You don't get to say something like that and escape......

Do you even read OP?

Or do you read too much manga to the point you don't see plot armor anymore?

Let's see.... the entire WB war.... nearly every confrontation should of ended in luffy's death....

Oh what else... oh right dress Rosa when Fuji determined the civilians behind him stopped him from dropping an island sized pile of rocks on luffy's ship, but didn't stop him from dropping them on the ships a little further out.

Oh and I don't know.... maybe this current arc.... you know, the arc where rejiu showed up out of no where to save luffy's life for no reason. Ah and let's not forget jimbe just walking around the castle just happens to save luffy from torture and death.... good thing the prison book was only guarded by one low level thug who thought jimbe was his ally..... doctor evil takes his hat off to BM's levels of criminal ineptitude....

Ya luffy is constantly saved by plot armor.

banner.png

#287 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

leaving aside the first 3 lines of garbage (it was a simple question, stop assuming shit just to make random sarcastic remarks out of nowhere)

Let's see.... the entire WB war.... nearly every confrontation should of ended in luffy's death....

this is a good example of plot armor, there was too much fightpower difference between him and anyone else around him then
if it wasn't for all the big guys around him deciding to support him while he was moving toward ace

dress Rosa when Fuji determined the civilians behind him stopped him from dropping an island sized pile of rocks on luffy's ship, but didn't stop him from dropping them on the ships a little further out.

first, Fujitora wasn't very interested into stopping Luffy, he was doing what Smoker would have wanted to do if he had been higher ranked during alabasta
stuff about personal justice, and closing an eye(lol fuji) about them being pirates since they did bring down Doflamingo

the people of dressrosa trying to cover for him wasn't plot armor either, it was reasonable as he freed them and saved them from getting slaughtered by Doflamingo

and the rubble he dropped did drop on the bounty hunters and other pirates who were far out, and the pieces which did drop over luffy's group did purposely miss, since again, Fujitora wasn't interested into stopping them

where rejiu showed up out of no where to save luffy's life for no reason.

this one is also a good example, all the part about him getting poisoned in the first place was unnecessary, guess it was needed to introduce Reiju
so unnecessary danger +  plot armor out of it? sounds neutral to me, it wasn't a serious danger with any depth, at most it felt forced

Ah and let's not forget jimbe just walking around the castle just happens to save luffy from torture and death....

Jimbe didn't come out of nowhere, he was already on the island to negotiate his withdrawal from Big Mom crew/alliance, plus he was also already aware of luffy being in tottoland, since Aladin was following them, or reported to jimbe when they entered Big Mom territory

how he came to know he was imprisoned into the book prison is unexplained, but once he knew luffy had been captured he should have known the most likely place to find him was in the book prison (that's the knowledge someone who was allied with BM should have known)
the timing was fishy, i agree, or convenient for the best effect

if there was someone getting saved from something like plot armor in that case, it was nami, she was the one who was going to get "tortured" with a crossbow

good thing the prison book was only guarded by one low level thug who thought jimbe was his ally..... doctor evil takes his hat off to BM's levels of criminal ineptitude....

this is a stretch of the meaning of plot armor, does that make every instance where the villains make an error a plot armor for the protagonists?

opera being guarding alone the prison can be explained, there was already an alert about pedro and brook, so the guards were likely focusing on those two
and also a surprise attack is called like that cause it isn't expected, Jimbe's betrayal wasn't likely expected (as much as it should have been, after his first request of leaving)

Edited by Zeando, 31 January 2017 - 01:34 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#288 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

That is wrong Fuji was interested in stopping luffy, Fuji said so.... akainu told Fuji to not show his face unless he stopped luffy and Fuji said gladly.

First off, the problem isn't the fact the townspeople tried to stop Fuji, the problem is they were so far behind Fuji and he still stopped. Fuji could of waited till the crew went to sea or let the bounty hunters kill them. He out of no where stopped caring about hunting luffy after telling akainu he would take luffy's head. And Fuji can't be shut off from the marines. If he is he might not be able to make the changes he wants.

It wasn't unnecessary..... luffy was starving so he ate the first fish he got. That fish was poison because why not.

Ya that is the thing, why on earth is someone who just asked to leave the crew allowed to walk around like that? That is stupid beyond belief. If someone walked up to you and said "I want to kill you" would you then let them walk around as they want?

Also it doesn't matter who was saved since they were both going to get killed in the end

And one guard was BS. There was 2 intruders one of which BM and smoothie were dealing with. You are telling me in a crew of an emperor there isn't more then one person to guard such a high level target? Because when we first saw the prison there was 3 guards.

No every villain error is not plot armor, but the exceedingly stupid ones are. For example lucci starting the fight in his form that can't harm luffy wasn't plot armor but moria trying to beat down a rubber man with blunt attacks using his most powerful form is.

banner.png

#289 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

don't remember precisely what was the first talk between Akainu and Fujitora, will have to go recheck that (with a good translation)

but during the little fight of Fuji and Luffy, and anything which came later, Fujitora didn't look very interested in getting him, or at least he was having doubts

http://mangafox.me/m...v80/c799/3.html

about the first talk with Akainu, Fuji said he was fine with being denied entrace into any marine base until he had captured Luffy and Law

that can be interpreted into two ways, or Fuji was ok with capturing Luffy and Law, or he was fine with not coming back into marine bases,

to make sense with his later actions, i think it was the second take on it

http://mangafox.me/m...79/c793/16.html

"And Fuji can't be shut off from the marines. If he is he might not be able to make the changes he wants."

dunno, depends if he really cares to reform the marines, or if he just wants to do his job as it is intended to be done

"You are telling me in a crew of an emperor there isn't more then one person to guard such a high level target?"

after we saw Opera getting one shotted by Jimbe, probably one or two more ministers wouldn't have done an huge difference, and any chess guard would have been total fodder

they could have still slowed him down, delaying the moment of Luffy and Nami's release,

so maybe it wasn't really an error having only Opera there, since it would have made little difference having few more guards if Jimbe is that strong, but it was more like a way to rush the scene to don't make it drag out?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#290 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

there was too much fightpower difference between him and anyone else around him then

Actually, no. Luffy is still stronger than most. He was already like VA level (though probably the weakest one) or at least a strong Rear Admiral. It's just that he didn't fight them. Poor guy!

#291 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:48 AM

Yes, the Rubber Fruit is starting to show limitations compared to others. I mean, with the likes of the Soul, Magma, Light, Dark, and Quake fruit abilities out there, the Rubber power almost looks like a tier below.

it is a tier below, it can match well with some(like the lightning one of Enel) but it isn't overpowered in any way, which is a good thing i think,
at least every match isn't resolved only thanks to him having the passive effects of that fruit ability, but thanks to the funny/creative ways he comes up to use it
even if it has helped him a lot in tanking hits over time, someone rushing in dumb ways as he has done would had far more problems without that resistance to blunt hits

Actually, no. Luffy is still stronger than most. He was already like VA level (though probably the weakest one) or at least a strong Rear Admiral. It's just that he didn't fight them. Poor guy!

fair

or maybe Luffy being careless in some cases(mostly at the start of the story) is the result of having become reliant, or accustomed, to having blunt resistance since he was a little kid

so when he saw someone trying to hit him with a blunt attack he knew it wouldn't had any effect so he didn't avoid it (like the mace of Alvida), but this is valid only at the very start

Edited by Zeando, 01 February 2017 - 06:38 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#292 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

don't remember precisely what was the first talk between Akainu and Fujitora, will have to go recheck that (with a good translation)
but during the little fight of Fuji and Luffy, and anything which came later, Fujitora didn't look very interested in getting him, or at least he was having doubts
http://mangafox.me/m...v80/c799/3.html

about the first talk with Akainu, Fuji said he was fine with being denied entrace into any marine base until he had captured Luffy and Law
that can be interpreted into two ways, or Fuji was ok with capturing Luffy and Law, or he was fine with not coming back into marine bases,
to make sense with his later actions, i think it was the second take on it
http://mangafox.me/m...79/c793/16.html

"And Fuji can't be shut off from the marines. If he is he might not be able to make the changes he wants."
dunno, depends if he really cares to reform the marines, or if he just wants to do his job as it is intended to be done

"You are telling me in a crew of an emperor there isn't more then one person to guard such a high level target?"
after we saw Opera getting one shotted by Jimbe, probably one or two more ministers wouldn't have done an huge difference, and any chess guard would have been total fodder
they could have still slowed him down, delaying the moment of Luffy and Nami's release,
so maybe it wasn't really an error having only Opera there, since it would have made little difference having few more guards if Jimbe is that strong, but it was more like a way to rush the scene to don't make it drag out?

Fuji doesn't take any of his fights seriosuly so far, the guy is so powerful he didn't even fight sabo seriously......

In the fight Fuji says "I am trying to do my job" sounds serious to me.

No it says he was fine with capturing law and luffy there is no two ways it is clear. At least in my translation.

The guy wants to end warlords.... he can't do that if he is a disgraced admiral who can't even attend the meeting if world leaders. So he seriously needed to make amends with the FA or else he might have to wait even more years

Opera was one shot because he was surprised. More soldiers would of taken jimbe's element of surprise. I mean these are the guys that beat luffy if there was one or two more they should of been able to do what they did to luffy.

banner.png

#293 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

I certainly hope the Luffy's missing teeth is found because a complete set is what makes him special. Or Sanji can find the teeth and attached it back to his gums..

#294 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:12 AM

Chopper will likely fix his teeth once they regroup or after the arc is over

how would a golden teeth look on luffy? :lol:  i think it would be awful, but it would fit the pirate theme

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#295 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

I certainly hope the Luffy's missing teeth is found because a complete set is what makes him special. Or Sanji can find the teeth and attached it back to his gums..

You are right luffy having all his teeth is what makes him special

When ever I think of luffy I call him "that guy with all his teeth"
  • Miss Coquine, Fulmine and Grimmjagger like this

banner.png

#296 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Chopper will likely fix his teeth once they regroup or after the arc is over

how would a golden teeth look on luffy? :lol:  i think it would be awful, but it would fit the pirate theme

No golden teeth, I mean look at how he wouldn't look like a monkey in any ways.

Lolz

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#297 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

That tooth sacrificed itself so Sanji can stop being passive.

#298 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

That tooth sacrificed itself so Sanji can stop being passive.

Now that you mention it, maybe Luffy's teeth represent all of the crew members he have, now that Sanji came back he'll have it back too.

• Chillman likes this

lupdao9d02a.jpeg

Follow my stories!
https://onemangaforu...agger-magazine/
Grimmjagger's magazine

My Lyrics
https://onemangaforu...lust/?p=1163928

#299 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

No golden teeth, I mean look at how he wouldn't look like a monkey in any ways.

a pirate monkey with a golden tooth :hmm:

but really hope he will get it back too

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#300 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

lol

But to be fair Luffy's trademark is kind of his bright smile. Without the tooth it just looks not right. Oda needs to stop playing games and stop doing his MC so dirty.

I'm really curious what the reaction to him losing a tooth was like in Japan....  

• Chillman and Grimmjagger like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users