407 replies to this topic

#401 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,592 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Movies are usually not canon so...though that attack is very likely to show up in the manga one day.

It's Leo Rex. It's on the wikia...

oda was hands on during the film and surely wouldn't let them use a technique luffy cant already use.  I see no difference in strength between gold luffy and desserosa luffy.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#402 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

I thought all the new movies were cannon now because oda was added as an executive producer hahahaha i remember having to debate you guys on what that exactly means....some people here thought that was a legitimate job....

Was gold not cannon? Just the one with z?

Oh leo rex, lion king.... kinda like king kong... only more disney copy right.

Werid.... elephany gun tuned into king kong rifle. Grizzley magnum turned into lion king bazooka.....cabt help but feel we are just throwing random animals and random weapons together. At least elephant gun made sense.... i see what you did there oda.....sneaky

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#403 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,828 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

none of the movies are canon simply because nothing was mentioned in the manga.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#404 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Didn't Oda say Shiki the character was canon?

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#405 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Didn't Oda say Shiki the character was canon?

The Shiki in the One Piece chapter 0 and mentioned during Impel Down was, not the Shiki that was shown in the One Piece strong world. 

The same regarding Admiral Zephyr, he is only canon in volume 1000, but do not consider his appearance in his movie canon. 

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#406 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

When did the movie gold come out? I didnt realize tesro was stronger then DD. Of course the DD fans will blame gemma knife though

Gold came out around this exact time last year.
Also I don't think Tesoro is more powerful than DD since he was beaten by G4 in his most powerful form while an already injured DD lasted long enough against it for Luffy to run out of haki. He would most likely beat DD if they fought on his ship due to how hax is DF is but anywhere else would be in DD's favor imo.

cabt help but feel we are just throwing random animals and random weapons together. At least elephant gun made sense.... i see what you did there oda.....sneaky

Red Hawk, Hawk Rifle, and Grizzly Magnum all make sense as well.

As far as Gear 4 goes I think the animal part of the names isn't random but based on the animals he fought with those techniques on Rusukaina during the time-skip. We know at least of the lion and gorilla (Leo and Kong) but I don't remember if we saw a snake or rhino considering that there were hundreds of them I'm sure there were.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#407 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,310 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

oda was hands on during the film

and surely wouldn't let them use a technique luffy cant already use. 

I see no difference in strength between gold luffy and desserosa luffy.

Doesn't mean that's canon. Canon or not isn't decided by who did it, but by the author's approval.

That's exactly what non-canon is for...

Not sure how that is relevant to whether the movie is canon or not...

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#408 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 AM

Ok i admit it i am interested, i am going to watch how this luffy vs tesoro fight goes down then we can have a proper debate about dd vs tesoro.

Starts out giant ok...pica was bigger....WOW the gold isnt his body (like pica) ok that is a little OP

A laser? Awesome! Although...cant help but feel lasers are getting watered down, kizaru, every px, franky, CC, not tesoro? Ok fine i guess since oda killed guns and explosives as credible threats lasers are all we have now.

Red hawk to the face? Excuse me luffy grizzley magnum did nothing why would that.... holy crap it did something....

Quick question..... this is gold...why is it so much stronger then....oh right same reason string wax and biskets are so strong....

Good we pulled a moria and forgot luffy was made of rubber... would it of been so hard to cover your knuckels in spikes?

Also those ear rings are lame.

Finally some feats, ok it took G4 to shatter his arm, but that is ok because G4 also shattered DD's strings, even so far.

Oh........ one hit took him out? Ya ok..... so no durability feats?

Oh.....he can only control gold? He cant make it? Well...... that is kinda weak... so he is as weak as pica is without stone?

It is funny how oda does this, because goving tesoro the power to also create gold wouldn't of changed the arc in any way, it would just make tesoro extremely powerful in debates.

Then again can he also increase the size of the gold? So in reality all he needs is a small piece of gold and he can do anything.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users