• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#441 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

I don’t think you can expect characters to have exact meta level knowledge about power levels, or to not get angry ever.

I would understand if it was dogtooth taking on jack, or sanji taking on zoro.

But ace sat and watched as akainu stopped WB's attack with a single foot, then said "stop destorying this town"
Wb then said "try and stop me"
Then Akainu proceded to stop him.

Even with no understanding of his place in the world, shouldnt ace of known a man who can stop WB would effortlessly stop him?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#442 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

I don't remember that Ace was in the least changed in anyway, when he was introduced in Alabasta, he was already doing the things that probably made YOU hate him.

Ya he was the same person in alabasta and towards the begining of fighting BB.

But i thought that was how he acted wth fodder.

Towards the end of the BB fight ace clearly got more serious, i thought when he was dealing with actual enemies he would act differently. Everyone from zoro to usopp change their personality when they get into actual problems, even luffy had a mental break down once, but not ace, he is stupid cocky and reckless no matter who he is dealing with.

banner.png

#443 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNot yet in a location

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Ya he was the same person in alabasta and towards the begining of fighting BB.
But i thought that was how he acted wth fodder.
Towards the end of the BB fight ace clearly got more serious, i thought when he was dealing with actual enemies he would act differently. Everyone from zoro to usopp change their personality when they get into actual problems, even luffy had a mental break down once, but not ace, he is stupid cocky and reckless no matter who he is dealing with.

Didn't he stated that he never felt like is life was worth anything? That he was just starting to felt alive when he joined Whitebeard?

Not everyone, Sanji is similar to Ace in these serious situations.

#444 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,492 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Elements/materials coated with CoA must have to do with density.

Why? If the Hardening is literally a physical layer then it's just like putting gas or whatever inside a box or something, only that this is so closely enveloped. If it isn't, even better, then it means the Hardening is just like magic that can be imbued on anything. It may turn out that it can't be done but for now there's nothing in the manga that supports that idea, aside from the fact that no one ever does so but that's pretty weak hint. Before Law, we didn't know if immortality was possible and before Katakuri, we don't know Hardening object can act like liquid.

He is fresh

He isn't. The guy was tortured for days before that and his vivre card was burnt badly which shows his life was in danger. Just because he sat there doing nothing doesn't mean he suddenly replenished to 100%...O__O A simple analogy would be you running for hours, tired like hell then sit down and relax. Sure, after a while the sweat would stop, you get a bit better, breathing isn't as heavy as before, but that doesn't mean your muscle magically recover and you're as good as if you never run...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#445 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

Didn't he stated that he never felt like is life was worth anything? That he was just starting to felt alive when he joined Whitebeard?

Not everyone, Sanji is similar to Ace in these serious situations.

I agree sanji doesnt change much but sanji is typically more rational, for example when he fought enel he didnt think for a second he would make it out of there alive,(he joked about usopp dying but scarficed himself for usopp) and he fought DD only because he had no other choice.

banner.png

#446 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

I agree sanji doesnt change much but sanji is typically more rational, for example when he fought enel he didnt think for a second he would make it out of there alive,(he joked about usopp dying but scarficed himself for usopp) and he fought DD only because he had no other choice.

This isn't rational...
Ace may be a little cocky but, he didn't think he would either escape MF or even defeat Akainu, the only reason he fought and died fighting that magma Akainu was because his "father", Whitebeard, was being insulted.

Even Zoro acted as such, I cannot understand why Ace is annoying for you.
  • Chillman likes this

#447 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

This isn't rational...
Ace may be a little cocky but, he didn't think he would either escape MF or even defeat Akainu, the only reason he fought and died fighting that magma Akainu was because his "father", Whitebeard, was being insulted.

Even Zoro acted as such, I cannot understand why Ace is annoying for you.

Sanji is not rational for scarficing his life for the woman he loves? Well....one of the 7 billion women he loves.... probably not but i can understand scarfice for ones friends.
And once again sanji had no option but to attack DD or else his crew and ship were done for.

Ya, he attacked the one of strongest in OP because he said mean words..... AFTER his entire crew were willing to give their life to save his.

I was fine with ace going after BB ignoring WB's orders not to, since then he was only risking his own life and there was a chance he could win.

When he turned on akainu, he threw away all the lives spent to save his, he risked luffy's life, and he made a huge error in judgement.
Even luffy knew enough not to pick a fight (with BM) that he couldnt win. And luffy was risking the lives of far less people then ace was.

Oh i see you meant the joking part, it was a funny scene
Sanji "it is ok, if one of us has to die to save nami.........i am fine with scarficing you usopp"

That is halirous. It honestly seems like something i wrote.

Or do you mean him scarficing himself for usopp? Hey buddy it is only fair, sanji got usopp into the mess so he got him out. Not only that but he sabotaged the ship which was 20% smart 80% dumb as rocks. So even though i think his sabotage plan was bad itself, he still had a plan which is absolutely not reckless.....of course it was a reckless plan but sanji (the poster) will probably tell you it was genius.

banner.png

#448 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Sanji is not rational for scarficing his life for the woman he loves? Well....one of the 7 billion women he loves.... probably not but i can understand scarfice for ones friends.
And once again sanji had no option but to attack DD or else his crew and ship were done for.

Oh i see you meant the joking part, it was a funny scene
Sanji "it is ok, if one of us has to die to save nami.........i am fine with scarficing you usopp"

True, I can understand that much.

Ya, he attacked the one of strongest in OP because he said mean words..... AFTER his entire crew were willing to give their life to save his.

I was fine with ace going after BB ignoring WB's orders not to, since then he was only risking his own life and there was a chance he could win.

When he turned on akainu, he threw away all the lives spent to save his, he risked luffy's life, and he made a huge error in judgement.
Even luffy knew enough not to pick a fight (with BM) that he couldnt win. And luffy was risking the lives of far less people then ace was.

I understand it in a different way, let me tell you how I had pictured it.

Ace felt that Akainu had stepped on the WhiteBeards pirates, which is true, he said that the Whitebeards were just "a bunch of cowards."

Yes, it was a stupid decision but, Ace fought Akainu to keep Whitebeard's honor, unfortunetly he died and lives were sacrificed for his.

He had turned around, triggered by the words Akainu said on those who came to rescue his life, even he couldn't care less if he died but, he realised that Luffy and the Whitebeards actually cared about him and that's what Akainu had insulted.

And, the difference between Ace vs Akainu and Luffy vs Big Mom, is that Luffy is short-handed and he, as a captain, need to keep his crew safe.

Or do you mean him scarficing himself for usopp? Hey buddy it is only fair, sanji got usopp into the mess so he got him out. Not only that but he sabotaged the ship which was 20% smart 80% dumb as rocks. So even though i think his sabotage plan was bad itself, he still had a plan which is absolutely not reckless.....of course it was a reckless plan but sanji (the poster) will probably tell you it was genius.

A plan just like Ace would make...
Is there a poster like that?
  • Chillman likes this

#449 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

True, I can understand that much.

I understand it in a different way, let me tell you how I had pictured it.

Ace felt that Akainu had stepped on the WhiteBeards pirates, which is true, he said that the Whitebeards were just "a bunch of cowards."

Yes, it was a stupid decision but, Ace fought Akainu to keep Whitebeard's honor, unfortunetly he died and lives were sacrificed for his.

He had turned around, triggered by the words Akainu said on those who came to rescue his life, even he couldn't care less if he died but, he realised that Luffy and the Whitebeards actually cared about him and that's what Akainu had insulted.

And, the difference between Ace vs Akainu and Luffy vs Big Mom, is that Luffy is short-handed and he, as a captain, need to keep his crew safe.

A plan just like Ace would make...
Is there a poster like that?

Ok i will admit if i was japanese i might understand where ace is comming from.

But as an American, i am used to people constantly using their free speech to attack things i care about non stop. I mean think about it, if i was ready to get offended every single time someone stated a view contrary to my own i would live a miserable life.

Not only that but akainu's views were right in many ways, wb did never become PK he was roaming the seas playing house to a family of rejects.

To be fair though ace was also short handed and he was up against a much stronger force then luffy was.

banner.png

#450 Saya

Saya

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Ok i will admit if i was japanese i might understand where ace is comming from.

But as an American, i am used to people constantly using their free speech to attack things i care about non stop. I mean think about it, if i was ready to get offended every single time someone stated a view contrary to my own i would live a miserable life.

Yes, there are the difference in the western and eastern culture but, I am from America and I can understand how Ace would feel, which completely ruin that "culture difference" thing, it's a tie.

You shouldn't really compare yourself to a manga character, unlike you, Ace is fighting against other pirates to make another one, Whitebeard, the pirate king. (That is unless you really are Captain Kid, which, I would automatically admit that I was wrong.)

Not only that but akainu's views were right in many ways, wb did never become PK he was roaming the seas playing house to a family of rejects.

I will admit that Whitebeard never did become Pirate King but, is it that easy to succeed?

If he really was just "playing house", would his name be feared by a majority of pirates and well respected ones too? You know, even Ace's name was feared back in Alabasta.

To be fair though ace was also short handed and he was up against a much stronger force then luffy was. 

Ace isn't a captain like Luffy, the final decisions were never his to make.

#451 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

I mean think about it, if i was ready to get offended every single time someone stated a view contrary to my own i would live a miserable life.

There are thousands of Americans who think like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users