#181 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,966 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:41 AM

Am I missing an obvious joke here? I thought it was pretty sad to see the kid suffer.

#182 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:48 AM

why he doin it so weird tho lmao. He’s not in pain tho. Ithink he jus be n traumatized amd the aurthor has a habit of makin it a lil over the top

#183 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,606 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

I just find it funny this kid sprouted the face of 

vwd6i74.png

behind his shoulder

#184 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

Finally caught up with this series after reading the first few chapters when it came out. Should have never lost track of it because it is great. From the art to the characters to the action. Might like it more than Soul Eater. Overall, I am really impressed with it. Might be one of my favorite ongoing series right now and it is a shame it doesn't get more attention. I am surprised that it wasn't picked up by any bigger scan groups when it was starting to come out.

I think what I like most about the series is how well the world is constructed. From the look of the world to how the characters' powers all feed together to create the setting and tone for the series. It is so well done. Things like the background art of the city filled with metal pipes and industrial looking buildings helps with the feeling of a city powered by fire. Then all the characters are interesting and unique from their designs (love how the author gives all the characters different eyes and pupils) and abilities despite all the abilities being based around fire. That takes a lot of creativity to keep them being interesting and not repetitive. Plus I'm such a sucker for series with organizations structured like the Brigades with different squads and ranks in each one with each brigade doing its own thing.

Then probably most impressively is how the creation of their abilities ties directly into the story and world building. That isn't easy to do. Like how the Spontaneous Human Combustion incidents create the Flame People (1st Gen), the 2nd Gen and 3 Gen users and how that all leads into the main story and world building. From the creation of Brigades to deal with the flame people, the creation of The Holy Sol Temple to help put the souls to rest of the flame people, the creation of Amaterasu to power the city and how they fuel it, the arrival of the Preacher and her goals, and the start of it all with Great Disaster hundreds of years that caused the world to turn into what it is today. Then each of those incidents and organizations have their own mysteries connected to them. It is just really well done and builds on itself so well.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the series and I hope to see it get released more consistently going forward, even though I know the current scan group is a few chapters behind.

• Insane Soul likes this

#185 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

Wat happened to this manga? Is it on hiatus or is it jus not being translated?

#186 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:11 PM

Wat happened to this manga? Is it on hiatus or is it jus not being translated?

I believe the translations stopped. There are raws out all the way to chapter 149. This is one of my favorite ongoing series still and I'm surprised no bigger group picked it up.

• PunkHazard likes this

#187 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

Any idea where I can find the raws?

#188 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:36 PM

Any idea where I can find the raws?

This is where I found them at.

https://lhscan.net/m...boutai-raw.html

• PunkHazard likes this

#189 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,606 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:14 PM

A Battle Royale?

Hohoho, I am getting Aracne Castle dejavu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users