• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

e19cb319c365095fe1085d1c02edbe4a14434304

Prologue/teaser is translated, please direct your hype to this thread from now on.

Elevator pitch: From the duo behind such works as Death Note and Bakuman, comes a story 'about a human and an angel'. Serialisation begins in November.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#2 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

Pretty promising.

Reminds me a lot of the Reversi manga, they did in Bakuman - in style and themes.

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#3 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:57 AM

The first chapter has finally released. Enjoy.

http://bato.to/reader#1e1dfa038771bd47

#4 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

so after having shinigamis now it's angels turn?

that angel is so pushy "come on." ^.^
there it goes the grim turn, as if this was going to be only an happy story about angels doing good things :3

that selection with a special companion sounds similar to fate and other stories before, wonder how it'll get executed

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,286 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

That was a really interesting first chapter

Spoiler

Edited by Tokoya, 31 October 2015 - 11:01 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

After reading chapter 1, it reminds me a mixture of Zatch Bell! and Future Diary.

• Raiden, gamria, Blink22 and 1 other like this

#7 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationThe Batcave

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

Angels and killings. I wonder how the God is going to be elected. Will it be a death match? And it doesn't seem to be about doing any good deeds etc.  :psyduck:

Also Mirai's angel may seem inoccent and cute, but something tells me she is doing it for herself rather than to make Mirai happy

Spoiler My favorite things

SEiA96N.jpg

#8 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

Also Mirai's angel may seem inoccent and cute, but something tells me she is doing it for herself rather than to make Mirai happy

she indirectly did lead to the aunt getting killed, if she did that on purpose she's quite the sneaky kind

• Hooded Crow likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#9 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,206 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:52 AM

That art, though.

I'm interested to see more of the hierarchy of angels in this story.

It seems the angels sent out are all plain angels and some arch-angels. Higher angels don't have human forms and can kill mortals just by being in their presence. 

I'm interested to see the rest, but it won't be continued until the January issue? I'm going to be suffering if this manga doesn't pick up and drop into weekly release.

I already have to deal with D. Gray-Man's quarterly releases. I'll forget I even read these before the next chapter makes it out.

One other thing: the statement that there are no demons is true. The word demon is the (iirc) ancient greek word for angel. 

Christianity "demonized" the mythical spirits of the pagan religions it pushed out. So, demons are really just the angels from a different religion.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#10 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:15 AM

To be honest, the first chapter left an unpleasant taste.

Maybe it's because Nacha already gave a manipulative vibe midway through the chapter. That she's egging Mirai to do whatever he wants, whatever constitutes "happiness".

Or maybe it's because the story is trying to be deep/spiritual/philosophical, but compared to Hiroyuki Takei's musings in Shaman King, it instead feels pretentious

And am I too quick to jump the gun, or is the winning objective to "take all the happiness for oneself"?

So far I've seen this compared with Death Note, Shaman King, Konjiki no Gash Bell and Future Diary. I agree with those.

I'll like to add Narutaru to the mix. Disasters in the form of benevolence.

... actually, this is like the complete opposite of Binbougami Ga!

In that series, the main character Ichiko has so much Fortune Energy that she gets massively selfish, so the Misfortune God Momiji came to take back that Fortune Energy, all the while spending the story trolling and straightening her out.

But here, that angel is the one giving the main character the opportunity to go wild and seek his own happiness, ominously so...

Edited by gamria, 01 November 2015 - 04:15 AM.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#11 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:46 AM

Its more or less obvious shes kinda manipulating him. While shes probably not malicious about it due to possessing some kind of angel morality its gonna be interesting to see how far she'll go to give him happiness. Also what exactly are her feelings towards Mirai which will prolly devlop as the series goes on. Beautiful art to.

#12 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:59 AM

@gamria

"Or maybe it's because the story is trying to be deep/spiritual/philosophical, but compared to Hiroyuki Takei's musings in Shaman King, it instead feels pretentious"

felt that too, but it was the first chapter, they had to do something obvious to show what the serie is about

expecially if there is going to be a long delay for the next chapter, this could be seen as a complete prologue, where the previous bit was just a part of the prologue

"And am I too quick to jump the gun, or is the winning objective to "take all the happiness for oneself"?"

that wasn't worded very clearly in the chapter, but that could be just the prize for winning

"... actually, this is like the complete opposite of Binbougami Ga!

But here, that angel is the one giving the main character the opportunity to go wild and seek his own happiness, ominously so..."

interesting comparison, any misfortune god watching while mirai will mess around should itching to go fix that imbalance of fortune energy xD

@Slimcoder

"Its more or less obvious shes kinda manipulating him. While shes probably not malicious about it due to possessing some kind of angel morality its gonna be interesting to see how far she'll go to give him happiness. Also what exactly are her feelings towards Mirai which will prolly devlop as the series goes on. Beautiful art to."

i'm suspecting nache is related in some way to the family of mirai, and her mother, so maybe she's looking out for him and also trying to avenge them at the same time

that or she's just very cynical about justice, sure the aunt and uncle were criminal scum, but she felt pretty cold when the aunt died and when she sort of pushed mirai in that situation

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#13 Sexy Rat

Sexy Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

I'm not sure what to think of this yet. I enjoyed it but not to a great extent. It's only the first chapter though and I have 100% trust that this duo mangaka will create something amazing.

#14 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

Ryuk sure got prettier. :isee:

It is difficult not to be reminded of other stories with similar premises like Gash Bell and Mirai Nikki but I just hope it steers more into Zatch Bell than Mirai Nikki.

Also, the MS translation was much better actually.

The mother and Nasse resemble each other which I'm sure will probably be a plot point later on. No reason to show the mother's face otherwise. 

Was very solid and Nasse seems to hold no morality in what she does. I can see Mirai being her moral compass and hope those two get proper development on their relationship throughout the manga. I just hope the story won't get too convoluted. 

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#15 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

someone, somewhere else, did mention how yagami in death note did joke about having wings in exchange for half of his life, instead of shinigami eyes, would have been an interesting deal
making them wonder if mirai was some sort of reincarnation of light
Spoiler death note ch6

it's just something silly, but it's funny to look back and see the recurring elements from their previous works :3
  • azer_moli likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#16 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

Wow its amazing how the art as progressed over the years. 

#17 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:14 AM

Well... This seems very Mirai Nikki-esque, albeit a bit more adult - even the main character seems like a reference.

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#18 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

Not sure how I feel about humans becoming the new god. Had no idea what to expect the first few pages. Thought it was turning into a harem manga. If it's written by that Death Note person, then I'll give it a shot.

#19 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

I really disliked the beginning and went on only because of who the authors were. 

In the end, it was not a bad read. The angel Nasse is way too cute, to the point of being annoying, but at least we was made without any morality and does what she does for her own ends. That's not bad at all. At least she's not just a guarding angel. What's more, there will be no love story between her and Mirai. Thankfully. 

Mirai's past was way too "tragic" honestly. So much that it becomes really hard to relate to him in any way (while, on the other hand, it was so easy to relate to Light in the beginning of Death Note). 

The ending of the chapter was too sweet with that desire for happiness, but it's the first chapter, so I guess it's fine. 

What saved the chapter for me was the "god choosing" thing. It reminded me a lot of Shaman King, and I wonder how that will turn out. We'll have 13 humans elected, but not so many angels seem really enthusiastic. Which is a wonder. 

Also, the art was gorgeous. Apart from Nasse who looks annoyingly cute, everything looked amazing. 

For a first chapter, I honestly didn't like it much, but I'll give it a go, mainly because it's Obha/Obata... 

#20 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

Chapter two is also the main character flashback related to the story

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

0 user(s) are reading this topic