Platinum End

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#21 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Chapter two is also the main character flashback related to the story

Is that a guess?

#22 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Is that a guess?

Yeah. I predicted

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#23 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Here is the Korean scanlation for chapter 2.

http://www.mangaumar...archives/564195

#24 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

I read Chinese Scans 2

Spoiler

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,274 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

It's out (The translators censored the ecchi stuff lol but it doesn't matter)
https://jaiminisbox....d/en/1/2/page/1

Spoiler Pretty good chapter imo

Edited by Tokoya, 02 December 2015 - 08:28 AM.

• Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,298 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

I'm not as enthusiastic... again. 

The first chapter, after re-reading it (because I had totally forgotten the details) reminded me way too much of Rakiya. It's about a girl who also had a tragic past and was chosen as some sort of ultimate goddess, with people revering her and others wanting to kill her before she's complete. (Also, the art was made by BOICHI so it's gorgeous). 

Anyway, let's get to this second chapter. 

The rapist is a wasted character. He fell in the sin of lust, and his angel didn't care much to have him become god. A real waste of a character. He's flat and without any interest; he'll just show to the 12 others what not to do. 

The armoured-guy feels like he's in HunterxHunter, going for the title of king, and killing every single one of his opponents. And that's how we'll get some fights. No tourney, no. So not Shaman King-like, more HxH-like I guess. We'll see.

Is he interesting? No. How is a character who says "Let's kill them all to become god" interesting? That's another flat one so far. 

The MC. Mirai is honestly boring. I mean, Light was an exciting MC because he was a normal person with high intellectual abilities, and when he received power, he slowly got corrupted by it. He tried a first time, not believing in it, and saw some good and justice in what he did. He threw away moral values and decided to take all the evil upon himself to clean the world as some sort of christic figure. 

Mirai... wants the ordinary. Sure, it's easy to identify yourself to him on this one: not too greedy, with simple wishes.  But you're a freaking god candidate, dude. Ordinary and normal can't apply anymore. Of course, it will take a while for him to realise that. 

I admit he never wanted any of this, so he won't start calculating coldly what his next move shall be right away.

At the very least, he's not thinking of dying anymore, and found a new will to live. No matter how cheesy that can be, I'm glad he did, it would have been awful if he had gone on complaining to be alive for long. 

Now, there's one thing I appreciated: Nasse. She has absolutely no morality. There's no good and evil for her. Only happiness for Mirai or sadness. She'll try anything to have him happy. That's a very cheesy way to want to have someone as a god, but I like the fact that she's suggesting things out of any moral references, simply going for the most simple things. 

I still hope Obha has something more interesting up his sleeves though.

And Obata's drawings are still marvellous. The aunt's zombie-like face was cool. 

As for the masked person, identity unknown. Seems to also have both Wings and Arrows, but definitely not the MC

Not him? 

Spoiler

• Morfeus likes this

#27 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:39 PM

Only reading this for Nasse so far. Hopefully Obha can bring in more exciting developments in due time.

• azer_moli and Zeando like this

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#28 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

At least the characters' appearances seem pretty good thus far. I've always loved Obata's style and will probably continue to do so.

In the first chapter, I felt like strangling Nasse. But now she seems like a much more interesting character and a plus for the series.
Hopefully the other angels will also have their own distinct personalities, but well, anything else would also be very, very dumb.

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#29 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:38 PM

I don't think so.

Mr Black Armour feels a little "knightly", but this kid just feels like a psychotic prick

And I think they're going for something different with Mirai here, beyond the "ordinary happiness".

Sure, with the Wings and Arrows he can get anything he wants, but getting things like this would be unsatisfying and hollow.

It's just like people who are born rich from the start: precisely because they have everything from the start, they wind up not knowing what to do with their lives.

And it's only when you work hard and pay the effort to obtain what you have that you feel some meaning in your actions. That's what I took from Mirai's mindset.

• azer_moli and Raiden like this

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#30 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

I liked the 2nd chapter much more than the first. And I like Mirai as MC. He is a respectable guy, who doesn't want to use his powers to cheat himself through life and happiness. That's nice.

I also don't think the armored guy and the guy at the end are the same (and obviously it wasn't the MC either).

I'm looking forward to more.

• Tokoya, Zeando, masterbio and 1 other like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#31 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:57 AM

I don't think so.

Mr Black Armour feels a little "knightly", but this kid just feels like a psychotic prick

And I think they're going for something different with Mirai here, beyond the "ordinary happiness".

Sure, with the Wings and Arrows he can get anything he wants, but getting things like this would be unsatisfying and hollow.

It's just like people who are born rich from the start: precisely because they have everything from the start, they wind up not knowing what to do with their lives.

And it's only when you work hard and pay the effort to obtain what you have that you feel some meaning in your actions. That's what I took from Mirai's mindset.

chapter 3 quote is killing your rival doesn't make you happy. sometimes, it ruin any chance you have of it instead. Memories of dead men hold far more power than the annoyance of the living one.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#32 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

"if that's the case you should kill your uncle and kids"

lol, can't believe nasse being so blunt, not hiding her bloodlust at all :laugh:

seriously, just hit the uncle and force him to tell the truth to the police if mirai really wants his family money back, then it'll be settled and he'll rot in jail

oh nice, he's on it

white arrow? are there going to be more colors?

angels having killing arrows makes them resemble a little shinigamis, even if they seems to deal only with people dieing from old age or illness in a peaceful way

wasn't the angel who choose that other candidate that one angel from the previous chapter who just wanted to pick someone random and quit fast from the competition?

that other candidate is pretty disgusting

but if left by himself he'll just dig his own grave, once the arrow effect wores off..

oh some other candidate made himself a comic hero (or was he already trying to be one?) and came to bring justice

that knight may take the route of yagami, or maybe most of the candidates will, just from different angles and with different methods or ideas of what a good world is, yep that is the theme of the story afterall

..they really had to add eliminate all the other candidates rule to easily become god? ... now this may become even more banal (anything which doesn't rely on death's shock value is more interesting)... hope it will be just a few candidates trying to win that way

but if what nasse said counts, anyone with wings will be safe, and that guy in the last page doesn't seems to have the wings, so he's screwed

nasse should be really high ranking if she could give to mirai both wings and all the kinds of arrows (waiting for more colors to come in..)

interesting chapter, it's slowly building up the story, but the deep and/or complex stuff hasn't arrived yet

• Raiden likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#33 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

Ok.

Nasse, what the hell? I'm in the same state as Mirai. You are an angel, should you really be suggesting child murder? Yes it's painless, but still, weird for an angel.

I like Mirai, but I'm more intrigued by the final guy that appeared, he had the same idea as me when the white arrow was mentioned.

This manga has a lot of potential, I'm glad that it is in the hands of such capable mangakas.

Also, this is sooooooo the opposite of Bakuman it actually surprised me

• Raiden likes this

#34 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'm probably more hooked on the plot than the characters, so I hope there will be development through that.

#35 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationThe Batcave

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

What I get is that Nasse wants Mirai to be more agressive. I really don't think the actual test is to eliminate the other candidates but since humans are humans, they'll choose to do so, in order to be the only ones left and therefore win by default. Knowing that, Nasse probably wants Mirai to be able to defend himself, so he can win.She seems to be after the place next to the new God though and not Mirai's actual happiness. 

I'm probably more hooked on the plot than the characters, so I hope there will be development through that.

And same.

Spoiler My favorite things

Spoiler

uEGJ11P.png

#36 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,274 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

Spoiler

https://jaiminisbox....d/en/0/3/page/1

Edited by Tokoya, 31 December 2015 - 09:15 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#37 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

Ok, so Metropoliman actually was the white-haired douche - seems most people were wrong on that.

That ending was quite the shocker - did not actually picture that happening from the get-go. Wonder what Saki will use him for... Is it love or is she just gonna use him? 

• Raiden likes this

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#38 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

Lol this kid is screwed

#39 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,298 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

So the girl wanted to kill herself too? 

Two poor souls in despair. 

I must say I was surprised she shot him. I wonder how someone already in love is affected by the red arrow. 

The whole chapter wasn't bad. I kind of liked it better than the other two. 

Also, I really liked how he has to hide himself from cameras and all, it reminds me so much of Death Note, and in a very good way. 

• Raiden likes this

#40 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

"this guy has problems" xD i agree with mirai
plus, as if showing off on tv like the perv wasn't already dumb enough, now this guy does the same while directly declaring war on all the other candidates, wonder if there will be a third candidate stepping in to shut him (but really hope there will be some peaceful candidates who are not interested in winning by killing all the others)

eh, only one other special angel should be around, so if it isn't mirai there is only one other person who could step in to stop the 'hero' kid

@Morfeus
"so Metropoliman actually was the white-haired douche - seems most people were wrong on that."

yep, it was a bit disappointing, had different expectations for that hero, but at least this killing thing may develop faster and hopefully reach a conclusion (or i'm kidding myself again)

lol he got stabbed by the love arrow, will it make effect even if he already did love her? :P

dunno how to feel about so many candidates into the same school, if even the rich boy ends up into the same school that would be too much...

sure japan has an high suicide rate and nasse said the candidates being picked are the ones who are unhappy, but having so many coming from japan seems the old cliche of "everything happens in japan"(or any other country the author is from) all over again..

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users