Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi is the only thing that looks remotely interesting.

I have a gut feeling about Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.....It's a Josei series that looks like it has promise

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#22 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:21 PM

Adding another one to my list: Tabi Machi Late Show.

http://www.cwfilms.jp/tabimachi/

The studio is well known for the works it has done with Makoto Shinkai in the directing seat. Which is almost all of his works. 

4 episode run for 4 consecutive weeks. Seems to have that "Mono no Aware" thing going on, from the official site. 

I hope my optimism doesn't fail for this one. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#23 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

Musaigen no Phantom World (Only people who saw it will get this lol)

qMf3aim.jpg

Edited by Tokoya, 06 January 2016 - 12:18 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#24 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:43 PM

My thoughts on the twist in HaruChika

E8bZvlWh.jpg

Overall it was okay I guess....Nothing special but the characters and music at least we're alright

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#25 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

Sushi Police...

I'm at a loss for words...

I tried no to have any expectations going in because it's just a short that I decided to watch on a whim but still I can't help but wonder what those 200 seconds of my life were about.

The premise is entertaining if not interesting, but something about the animation and the sheer ridiculousness of the characters (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki - are they hating on Toyota for some reason?) just makes me question my life decisions.

#26 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

Sushi Police...
I'm at a loss for words...
I tried no to have any expectations going in because it's just a short that I decided to watch on a whim but still I can't help but wonder what those 200 seconds of my life were about.
The premise is entertaining if not interesting, but something about the animation and the sheer ridiculousness of the characters (Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki - are they hating on Toyota for some reason?) just makes me question my life decisions.

To understand this show and why it exists, you need to be familiar with japanese politics and the recent-ish events, involving the popularity of nationalism being on the rise and stupid statements about "foreigners" that the politicians have made

https://www.aei.org/wp-content/uploads/2...
In 2006, Japan's Minister of Agriculture pushed a proposition for creating an inspection force that would judge the foreign restaurants and whether they can call their products sushi. He claimed that most of foreigner sushi is not sushi and only taints the japanese culture.. The said taskforce would in secret infiltrate foreign sushi restaurants be it as workforce or clients, with the japanese government pressuring the sushi restaurants that are "not worthy to be called sushi".

The idea was just so silly and outrageous that most of news outlets made fun of it by coining the phrase "Beware, the sushi police are coming!"

For those interested this is a good read by washington post

Sushi Police is essentially a series of comedic shorts that satirizes Japan's obsession with nationalism and twisted view of foreigners. It might seem to be weird for the foreigners, but Japan's view towards its culture and the outrage that "foreigners mingling with it" causes is extremely topical.

As such the short accomplishes what it sets out to do - it showcases just how outrageously silly such ideas are and how silly japan's obsession with "japanese culture only for japanese" is.

Still I felt the same way as you lol....I thought I was watching Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network xD

Edited by Tokoya, 07 January 2016 - 10:30 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#27 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

I read the background on the sushi police and I knew that it was a satiric show. Generally speaking, I like satiric shows too, OPM and Gintama are two anime I enjoy(ed) a lot. Its just something about the way this series was drawn and the screenplay didn't sit right.

I agree that it looks more like a CN or a Nick show than an anime

#28 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Thoughts on Active Raid that I just watched:

1) I'm not a big fan of mechas. The only two that I liked are Code Geass and TTGL which I'm still working on finishing.

2) That background for the first half of the show was terribly distracting. I can't think of an anime where I hated the BGM so much I had trouble reading the subs.

3) Overall uninspiring story with basic characters that everyone would recognize as generics from any number of animes.

I'll probably give episode 2 a shot but I'm not expecting much

#29 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:57 PM

^I was actually thinking of looking at that one :lol:   I'm not normally a mecha fan either, but I want something different to watch.

So far the only new show I've seen is Prince of Stride....and while the animation/Character designs are good, it's basically Free/YP/Haikyuu with running. Especially since one of the cast is a doppelganger for Haru...only with glasses.

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

I actually enjoyed everything that came out today even though there were only a few things I thought were great

Spoiler Girls Beyond the Wasteland

Spoiler Norn9

Spoiler Dagashi Kashi

Spoiler Active Raid

Spoiler Ojisan to Marshmallow

Spoiler Fantasy Star Online 2

Spoiler Musaigen no Phantom World (My thoughts from yesterday)

That image essentially said how I feel in a nutshell about HaruChika but at least the music aspects of it was good...Plus I like the twins :aww:

Boku Dake......I'll touch on this whenever DEW makes the thread but I will say that IT IS A MUST WATCH

Edited by Tokoya, 07 January 2016 - 08:25 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

Still I felt the same way as you lol....I thought I was watching Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network xD

So basically, Sushi Police is one of those animes where you have to be a native to really know what its about. As for what I'm picking up Boku Date, Dimension W, Divine Gate, and while I don't normally like sports animes, I think I'll pick up Stride since it looks like it has some parkour-ish elements.

5.jpg

#32 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

Tabi Machi is really mono no aware. 

Sekkou Boys has Saint Jojo. I'm in. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

#33 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

Sekkou Boys is love.

• Otaku-N. likes this

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

Gonna post my thoughts on everything else now since pretty much everything that I'm going to watch this season has finally come out already except for two things I think (Ajin and Kono Subarashii) Also, we have threads for Dimension W and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo in the Anime Club section and then a thread for Grimgar in this section, so feel free to post your thoughts on those three there if you wish

Spoiler Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

Spoiler Akagami no Shirayuki-hime S2 (Snow White with the Red Hair)

Spoiler Divine Gate

Spoiler Bubuki Buranki

Spoiler Koukaku no Pandora

Spoiler Schwarzesmarken

Spoiler Luck and Logic

Spoiler Nijiiro Days

Spoiler Ooyasan wa Shishunki!

Spoiler Oshiete! Galko-chan

Spoiler Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

Spoiler Sekkou Boys

Still waiting for Reikenzan to get subbed though....

Edited by Tokoya, 11 January 2016 - 08:10 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

Spoiler Kono Subarashii

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

Just dropping by to report my renewed hopes in Dogakobo after a pretty cinematic episode of Luck & Logic. I wish it were more consistent, but... man, that soundtrack. Makes me want to cheer.

• Tokoya likes this

samisig.jpg

#37 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

4 episodes in Divine Gate is finally starting to be interesting. It was a little bit of a struggle to make it past the first 2. And after the 3rd episode I really wanted to just drop it but episode 4 brought some much needed development to Aoto's backstory. 

I feel like this anime is trying to hard to be darker and more psychological than necessary but at least the visuals are nice.

#38 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

Ok, I'm officially in love with Erased. 

DONT LET ME DOWN SHOW

#39 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

I watched the first episode of Pandora in the Shell or whatever the hell it is, and ...all I gotta say is, how loliconnish....

Pedobear would approve!

#40 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

Watching Shoujo Tachi purely for [Watashi]'s sick memes. 

Edited by Otaku-N., 11 February 2016 - 08:22 PM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users