DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:16 AM

@DaEvilWithin

You're right, I must have mistyped. I've adjusted the Attack roll and TV accordingly

Also I think your base DX should be 4? Since everyone gets 1 for free.

#722 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,386 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:54 AM

Hacker was just put in to pad out the ability balance honestly. Mostly more of a plot progression thing I suppose?

I'll figure out the backstory thing tomorrow but honestly I just wanted to ham it up.

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#723 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,386 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

@DaEvilWithin She hasn't directly hurt top level DDA members, and often she sent a proxy/messenger for contact with them. None of them have seen her face directly. Will that work? I'm just trying to clear this out as painlessly as possible since I'm really busy this week.

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#724 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

@DaEvilWithin

Right again, I'll make that change

#725 Ganderath

Ganderath

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSerbian Fetish Dungeon

User's Awards

2    2   

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:55 AM

@DaEvilWithin

Got busy, did some math. Threat value is now 15, but it's balanced out by the serious shortcomings of fucking dying in daylight.

9uDrnRm.png

#726 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

I mean I die in sunlight (slower) and I'm TV 13

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#727 Ganderath

Ganderath

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • LocationSerbian Fetish Dungeon

User's Awards

2    2   

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:43 PM

We're talking instant death, pile of ash. It's a neat party trick that you can only do once.

9uDrnRm.png

#728 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:13 PM

How do I calculate the Defense (not Defense Roll)? The one in the sample character sheet.

Also I just realized it is said that if we apply Base Zero or Scaled Cost (and we do both), we should make the Knowledge cost half of what it normally would. Why? Actually, what does that mean, first thing first? If I understand that right, it means if I want my character has +4 Knowledge in manga (which would cost 8 points) then what I write down is +2 and calculate as if it costs only 4 points?

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#729 Misty

Misty

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen In Gander's Serbian Fetish Dungeon

User's Awards

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

Is my char ok?

tumblr_nppka9tuR81tgmuxgo1_r3_500.jpg

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.'

'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.'

'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.'

Go Ask Me Questions On Ma Question Time and Vote for the Next One!

#730 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

I've been busy packing and hating my life, so it'll be a bit before I get to your character @Misty.

@Fulmine

I think it means +4 in manga, but only cost as much as a +2. I don't want you to have more than one +4 if you can help it so I hope you don't use it on manga. :P

Defense stat is defense roll, I believe? I'm like tired af so I could be wrong but the others will hopefully correct me if so.

#731 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

I think it means +4 in manga, but only cost as much as a +2.

I see.

The weird thing is it says the costing half applies to Base Zero, too, so...hell, it also says that applies to Power Ceiling, too...

Btw, why is that? Somehting special about knowledge?

I don't want you to have more than one +4 if you can help it so I hope you don't use it on manga. :P

Eh, it's just an example. Actually my character has no +4 or -4. Do...do we have to have one? 

Defense stat is defense roll, I believe? I'm like tired af so I could be wrong but the others will hopefully correct me if so.

Is that so? Well, I Ctrl+F but can't find anything about Defense indeed. Only Defense Roll. But then the character sheet should have said that...They put it next to Health and Endurance so I was under the impression that it is a stat in the same vein.

#732 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:30 AM

@Fulmine
You don't have to have a +4,no.

#733 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:49 AM

@Fulmine
You don't have to have a +4,no.

Okay.

Oh, and btw, when we calculate TV, isn't counting the base DX of 1 redundant?

Also I don't know if the Ammunition Flaw and the Limited Use Weakness are overlapped...

Edited by Fulmine, 26 August 2016 - 06:06 AM.

#734 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

Okay.

Oh, and btw, when we calculate TV, isn't counting the base DX of 1 redundant?
Also I don't know if the Ammunition Flaw and the Limited Use Weakness are overlapped...

It just means a basic person has a non-zero threat level?

Can you cite the descriptions?

#735 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:17 PM

It just means a basic person has a non-zero threat level?

Can you cite the descriptions?

...I completely forgot about that. Didn't pay normal human a thought given this setting.

So one of my character's techniques can only be used once every 4 day. I already have Limited Use in my Weakness list but now that I'm giving the technique Flaw I see that Ammunition is like exactly the same...not that they have anything to do with each other in terms of Roll and Stat since Limited Use is like a description only. So my question is do I have to put Ammunition in the Flaw list?

Also I can't find any satisfying picture for my character and I can't draw so...let just pretend she is Yano Erika.

Edited by Fulmine, 26 August 2016 - 11:22 PM.

#736 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:28 AM

Limited use just means you can use it X times per day and ammunition means there's something consumable that needs to be used.

It's the difference between having a special technique like Chidori that you can use twice a day before you cant use it anymore and having a bow with 10 arrows. You can grab more arrows but you cant use Chidori a third time without becoming a Mary Sue. 

I also think you're mixing Threat value and Scaled Cost together when you're saying Knowledge is half. Its that skills that can help in combat but don't directly give you half threat value, I don't recall anything about any abilities costing half in any circumstances. Also a +4 skill counts for 8 in the cost so you'd need 8 level one flaws to balance it out is the idea, so you can see why you don't want to stack up on them.

Try using other people's CS's as examples when in doubt that's what I did to help make mine.

Edited by Spamamdorf, 27 August 2016 - 02:29 AM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#737 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

Limited use just means you can use it X times per day and ammunition means there's something consumable that needs to be used.

It's the difference between having a special technique like Chidori that you can use twice a day before you cant use it anymore and having a bow with 10 arrows. You can grab more arrows but you cant use Chidori a third time without becoming a Mary Sue.

That's what I think at first, since the name Ammunitionand the example of gun are pretty telling but then the OVA guide goes on talking about the exact number of time you can use your Ability given how many time you take the Flaw (Taken 1 5 times, taken 2 3 times, taken 3 1 time) which is just weird since that should depend on the weapon of choice. What if I use a revolver that has 6 bullets?

I also think you're mixing Threat value and Scaled Cost together when you're saying Knowledge is half.

Ah no, it really says that under Knowledge in the Abilities List. I know about the TV thing.

#738 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:18 PM

I think the idea is that you're using it as a flaw not a descriptor. So if you use a weapon that only has energy for one shot you should be allowed to make it more powerful than a gun you have an entire bag of ammo for. If you have no problem having enough ammo for it at all times it's not really a flaw now is it? So the better flaw to take would be just the weapon flaw since that's concerning when you lose your weapon or it breaks rather than running out of bullets.

iyzTKCh.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users