Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,308 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Why is Yang such a badass :aww: And hopefully after all this, Juane will finally get his Semblance this season

Edited by Tokoya, 04 November 2017 - 11:28 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1102 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Nora is god gift from heaven.

How did you get your Semblance?

Training

Trauma

I was struck my lighting

• Tokoya and Blue22 like this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1103 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Why is Yang such a badass :aww: And hopefully after all this, Juane will finally get his Semblance this season

Yang is such a badass because she is waiting to repay Adam for the gift he gave her. Plus, Yang and Ruby have such an awesome father and uncle with great fighting skills.

It would be nice to know what Jaune semblance is by the end of the season. Perhaps, he will unlock his semblance when he tries to rescue Ruby from a future peril. 

I was struck my lighting

It is tough being the daughter of the almighty Thor.

In order to give Nora her own hammer, Thor had to check to see if his daughter was worthy of such a gift.

Edited by Ren-san, 04 November 2017 - 10:58 PM.

• Tokoya and waleuska like this

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#1104 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-05

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1105 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,308 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

I will not be surprised if Ruby x Oscar becomes a thing

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1106 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

I feel like Jaune's semblance is tied to the story of Joan of Arc and her achievements.

I'd personally like it to be a defensive semblance that will help further establish Jaune as the Tank of the group.

Or a support type like Shiroe's skills from Log Horizon is known for. The ability to analyze, debuff and maybe even heal/transfer Aura from his reserves to his teammates.

RT seems to be pushing these two together. A weird three-way pairing with Ozpin being a voyeur.inside Oscar.

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#1107 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

I always thought that the Ruby and Jaune pairing would work out the best because of Taiyang (Ruby Father) personality. Assuming that Ruby personality is similar to that of her mother, Summer Rose. 

#1108 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

Getting a pairing where the girl is visibly older is definitely rare in fiction, but I ship it. I'm good with either Oscar or Juane, if she has to be with anyone at the end.

Meanwhile, let's check in on the Black-Sun and Bumblebee shippers:

Spoiler

• Tokoya likes this

#1109 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

I would like the Ruby/Oscar pairing, but Ozpin being inside Oscar, seeing everything he does, is a little creepy even if it isn't his fault.

• Tokoya and Namikaze_Naruto like this

#1110 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:24 AM

Anyone else thinks Oscar is cheating if he improves leaps and bound in this season? Ozpin said in time Oscar will learn from his muscle memory. I'd be pretty pissed if a newbie can suddenly run around Jaune. At least Jaune had to work hard to get to where he is today,

I would like the Ruby/Oscar pairing, but Ozpin being inside Oscar, seeing everything he does, is a little creepy even if it isn't his fault.

I'm weirded out by this pairing. I wouldn't mind a Jaune x Ruby but I still believe Pyrrha will make a come back. It's especially weird that Ruby heard Pyrrha in her dreams as if a part of her is inside Ruby.

I always thought that the Ruby and Jaune pairing would work out the best because of Taiyang (Ruby Father) personality. Assuming that Ruby personality is similar to that of her mother, Summer Rose. 

What's Taiyang got to do with it? Are you implying that Jaune and Taiyang have similar personality?

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 14 November 2017 - 06:33 AM.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#1111 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Anyone else thinks Oscar is cheating if he improves leaps and bound in this season? Ozpin said in time Oscar will learn from his muscle memory. I'd be pretty pissed if a newbie can suddenly run around Jaune. At least Jaune had to work hard to get to where he is today,

I'm weirded out by this pairing. I wouldn't mind a Jaune x Ruby but I still believe Pyrrha will make a come back. It's especially weird that Ruby heard Pyrrha in her dreams as if a part of her is inside Ruby.

What's Taiyang got to do with it? Are you implying that Jaune and Taiyang have similar personality?

Jaune isn't talented and that is to be expected. Oscar have ozpin inside of him helping 24/7

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1112 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

Jaune isn't talented and that is to be expected. Oscar have ozpin inside of him helping 24/7

Jaune is untrained prior to coming to Beacon. That is not the same as having no talent. Jaune's progression is realistic. He won't suddenly become a BAMF overnight with little training and experience.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 15 November 2017 - 01:56 AM.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#1113 Kurapika

Kurapika

This scene broke my heart

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationTimecapsule until January 29

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

It's especially weird that Ruby heard Pyrrha in her dreams as if a part of her is inside Ruby.

Wasnt that just her hearing Jaune's recording while she was dreaming and it woke her up? it was a swerve. She wasn't hearing her voice in her dreams but just Overhearing the recording. Jaune had been doing that every night assumingly.

Not to ruin theories but they have gone on record in saying her, Penny and Torchwick are 100% gone. I guess they could have lied but that seems odd to bring it up on their own then to lie about it.

Edited by Kurapika, 15 November 2017 - 05:01 AM.

#1114 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:11 AM

What are you talking about? Oscar has to work even harder than Jaune does to learn how to fight for the battle that is coming within 1 month time. Jaune has more real life battle experience than Oscar does and knows how to function well with his teammates to form strategies that can possibly take down strong opponents. Oscar has to learn everything that Jaune knows about battle, learn how to use his semblance properly, and get his body in peak fighting shape. The advantage that Oscar has is that Ozpin can take control of his body to assist him in battle should he need help.

As for Ozpin muscle memory comment, I don't see where that is all that big of a deal. So Oscar will inherit Ozpin abilities to react to enemies attacks at a faster rate than if he were to learn how to do so by himself. Jaune main problem in battle is that he hesitates for a while before coming up with a plan of action. Lately, we have seen Jaune grow out of this mind set because of the number of real life battles he has been going through. Jaune is now able to quickly assess the battlefield and start coming up with sound plans to utilize the abilities of his team members to fight different types of enemies.

If Pyrrha were to be introduced into the show again with an explanation of how she didn't die then I would be lost for words, depending on how it was done. I don't see any reason to reintroduce her character in a similar manner to Ozpin and Oscar relationship. Nor do I see Cinder or the Black Queen showing any signs that Pyrrha can come back to life. If Pyrrha were to be reintroduced into the series it would be as a spirit guide in the manner of flashbacks, like the video on the phone Jaune used to practice to at night, or time manipulation of some sort takes place.  

Yes, I was referring to Jaune and Taiyang having similar personalities. Jaune seems like a younger, weaker, and stupider version of Taiyang.

Not to ruin theories but they have gone on record in saying her, Penny and Torchwick are 100% gone. I guess they could have lied but that seems odd to bring it up on their own then to lie about it.

It is never impossible for people to change their minds in the course of deciding how the series will come to an end. Today she may die but tomorrow they may come up with an interesting way to bring her back in some manner of sorts.

#1115 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Wasnt that just her hearing Jaune's recording while she was dreaming and it woke her up? it was a swerve. She wasn't hearing her voice in her dreams but just Overhearing the recording. Jaune had been doing that every night assumingly.

Of course they won't admit to any kind of spoilers. Them saying Pyrrha is dead is par for the course. Hell maybe Penny will even make a come back. Her chance of being brought back is higher than Pyrrha's on the accounf of her being a robot.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 15 November 2017 - 10:03 AM.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#1116 Kurapika

Kurapika

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

But she was a robot who had an aura/soul. Them making a new Penny wouldn't make her Penny but a copy without her soul. I'd argue Pyrrha coming back as more likely honestly though I don't see that happening either.

And Penny was my favorite character so it's not like I am happy about that.

• Ren-san likes this

#1117 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

But she was a robot who had an aura/soul. Them making a new Penny wouldn't make her Penny but a copy without her soul. I'd argue Pyrrha coming back as more likely honestly though I don't see that happening either.

And Penny was my favorite character so it's not like I am happy about that.

I was also thinking along similar lines. What is interesting about this notion is the concept of Major Kusanagi in the anime series Ghost in the Shell. Kusanagi body was destroyed a few times throughout the course of the anime series and each time the cybernetic body was destroyed she was still able to come back somehow. Do you think that perhaps Penny consciousness could have been backed up to a server somewhere in Atlas, thus allowing her to be able to comeback with a new body later in the series.

An example of a comeback scenario would be if Penny had a scroll on her or near her, which would allow her to backup her consciousness to via wireless signals. Seeing as the tower at Beacon academy was taken out during the Black Queen planned attack on the school, Penny might have been able to transfer herself to Professor Ironwood, Weiss, or Glynda scroll nearby as temporary storage. While secretly waiting to get near an active tower to transmit herself to another safe storage area.     

#1118 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

I don't feel like Penny could be backuped. A normal AI, sure. But a soul seems different.

I don't think she will come back, but I think Pyrrha is way more likely to come back in some form. She was briefly connected to the Maidens power, so part of her soul could have been combined with the Fall Maiden. She could come back in a similar way Ozpin did, taking over or at least influencing Cinder.

#1119 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

How is a soul different from a scientist perspective of creating an android?

What makes an android have qualify as having a soul?

#1120 Kurapika

Kurapika

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:15 PM

How is a soul different from a scientist perspective of creating an android?

What makes an android have qualify as having a soul?

The fact she has an aura is how we know she has a soul. And the fact currently no other robot has this oddity.

Edited by Kurapika, 17 November 2017 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users