1200 replies to this topic

#1141 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

I think they did kill Summer. In V4C1 Hazel said they dealt with their kind before (talking about silver-eyed-women), so I guess they were talking about Summer, since that is supposably a very rare trait. I know that it still could be someone else, but it would fit nice in the story.

Yeah, it would definitely fit nice in the story if Summer were to have possessed silver eyes and even if she didn't possess the trait it could still be stated to be a genetic trait past family members have been stated to poassessed. 

1) He could have given away power so he doesn't have to do everything alone. More people can do more things.

How excatly did he get those powers?

Good point. But the overall question still stands: "Did Ozpin willingly give away his powers or was he forced to do so because of some other reason?"

Ozpin could have trained very hard in the usage of magic and obtained this level of skill that way. Or it could have been gifted to him and Salem through some other means.

I doubt we will find out this answer before this season ends.

2) She could be the winter maiden. But I get more of a Homunculus-Hohemheim vibe from them.

3) My guess is that the gods, whoever they are, gave him the job to stop Salem, but he failed, so they punished him with eternal reincarnation until he can finally finish his promise and then die after that.

2) If it did turn out that Salem was the winter maiden and Ozpin didn't inform his little group about it, then I can understand why they might be a little upset with him later on. So you got a Homunculus-Hohemheim vibe from Salem, that is interesting because I was thinking along the lines of Yuuko from XXXholic or Sarah from Vampire Knight.

3) I hope that this doesn't turn out to be the case. I would like for some personal attachment between Ozpin and Salem to be revealed before defeating her for once and for all. I wouldn't mind if it turned out that Ozpin was the original evil person and Salem was the good person who tried to stop him but due to some unknown events, Salem and Ozpin roles were flipped and Salem is fighting against her fate.

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#1142 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-09

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1143 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

I want to see Cinder fail so badly

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1144 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

I want to see Cinder fail so badly

She won't 

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#1145 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-10

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1146 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

Well, what a lackluster ending that I knew it was going to be. Honestly, this entire series is starting to become a train wreck since Monty's death. The producers don't even seem to give a damn about the show anymore when compared to the amount of money they will probably get from fans. I mean look how easily Blake fannus friend turned on Adam when she was shown as one of his loyalist supporters. Or the fight scenes that are lacking in diversity.  

#1147 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

See, I'm bothered more by the lackluster fight scenes than I am the story. I think the story is just fine right now. But the problem is....there's been too much of it in these past two volumes. Let's be real, the biggest draw-in to RWBY for most people has always been the fight scenes. But now we barely get them anymore and when we do...they lack all of the excitement that they had in past volumes.

And they can't even blame it on losing Monty. Monty and Shane had almost nothing to do with Volume 3 but the fights there were still really good. And they damn sure had nothing to do with Qrow VS Tyrian, Yang VS Tai, or Weiss' new character short but look how well those turned out. So while they may not be on Monty and Shane's level, these new animators have still shown that they're still capable of giving us great action scenes. So what the fuck has been going on in Volume 5!?

I mean look how easily Blake fannus friend turned on Adam when she was shown as one of his loyalist supporters.

In Ilia's defense, none of that really seemed like a very fast or easy turn. She's been conflicted between her loyalty to the White Fang and her friendship with Blake for two volumes now. We all knew she was gonna turn. It was just a matter of when. I'd say she picked a pretty good time to do it.

• Gobi Todic likes this

#1148 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

that was the last episode of the volume ugh. Yeah i skip most of the fighting because it was so boring and slow. I could care less about blake little friend. Never really care for her.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1149 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:23 AM

that was the last episode of the volume ugh. Yeah i skip most of the fighting because it was so boring and slow. I could care less about blake little friend. Never really care for her.

Wait what? Are you serious? What a copout finale. I wanted the battle for Haven to be the last episode in this volume but noooo, we get Menagerie battle instead. And those like me who are not a big fan of Blake it's a letdown. No wonder Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth could envision them making many volumes with this series with a slow ass plot development like this. Honestly is just seem like Rooster Teeth is just dragging the plot now. :<_<:

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 18 December 2017 - 06:31 AM.

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#1150 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:27 AM

It's not the last episode of the season.

Since season 2 there have been 12 episodes every season. Plus every season ends with extended credits into an after credits scene.

No idea why you think it's the finale.

Edited by Kurapika, 18 December 2017 - 06:29 AM.

• Namikaze_Naruto, Gobi Todic and Blue22 like this

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#1151 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

@Kurapika: The same idea occurred to me as I was reading the latest posts. Perhaps, they associated the word "ending" in my post to mean season finale, when in fact I was referring to the end of the episode. The season finale doesn't occur until RT states it is the final episode of the volume.

No wonder Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth could envision them making many volumes with this series with a slow ass plot development like this. Honestly is just seem like Rooster Teeth is just dragging the plot now. :<_<:

RT has been dragging the plot in the series for a long time now. While it can be said that the conversations are necessary for the character development purposes, it still doesn't change the fact that fewer action scenes have been shown recently. For instance what has Qrow really accomplished in volume 5 thus far? So far, he introduced Ruby and company to Headmaster Lionheart, attempted to gather huntsmen and huntresses for their cause, and clear the air about his, Ozpin, and company roles in the fight against Salem. Outside of this Qrow has been shown to be sitting around contemplating their next move.

Instead of having Qrow sitting around and barely accomplishing anything, why don't the producers try to show Qrow gathering some intel about what the types of orders Lionheart has been issuing to people, what types of Grimm have been appearing, a comparison of the number of Grimm in the past to current conditions, and most importantly some training scenes where he is sparring against Ruby and company.

See, I'm bothered more by the lackluster fight scenes than I am the story. I think the story is just fine right now. But the problem is....there's been too much of it in these past two volumes. Let's be real, the biggest draw-in to RWBY for most people has always been the fight scenes. But now we barely get them anymore and when we do...they lack all of the excitement that they had in past volumes.

For me, it was the fight scenes, HUMOR, and the idea of using characters from different well known stories that piqued my interest in the series. Season 1 reminds me of the times when people are acting like fools with their friends instead of taking matter seriously like they may do in their everyday lives. 

And they can't even blame it on losing Monty. Monty and Shane had almost nothing to do with Volume 3 but the fights there were still really good. And they damn sure had nothing to do with Qrow VS Tyrian, Yang VS Tai, or Weiss' new character short but look how well those turned out. So while they may not be on Monty and Shane's level, these new animators have still shown that they're still capable of giving us great action scenes. So what the fuck has been going on in Volume 5!?

I agree with the point about the animators being capable of delivering a good product but at the same time it isn't solely their responsibility to brainstorm and implement various fight scenes throughout every phase of the story. The ideas for the progression of the story can come from a variety of people but only a handful of them make the final decision about the path everyone on the team is going to be taking. This is where Monty importance comes in at. The input from the creator of the series is essential because not everyone sees or interprets things the same way.

An example, would be telling the same set of jokes to variety of people and noting their reactions. Depending on how you dress up and deliver the joke will play a huge role in getting the desire reaction from the audience. It is as they say, some people have a pessimistic point of view while other people are more optimistic.

Edited by Ren-san, 19 December 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#1152 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

If you missed it, there will be no episode this week so the RWBY Crew can have Christmas off and be with their family.

https://twitter.com/...341785320361984

But on the good side, RWBY Volume 5 consists of 14 episodes instead of the usual 12.

https://twitter.com/...369703198539776

• Ren-san and Chillman like this

#1153 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

@Gobi: Thanks for the information.

It is usually good news to hear that something you watch is going to be getting more episodes in a season (or volume).

Question: "Does anyone else believe that the clock tower from season 1 is going to end up being the relic of Beacon that Ozpin was hinting at?"

Since it is natural for people to overlook the obvious when searching for something that you want badly.

#1154 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-11

Spoiler

• Blue22 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1155 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

Hoping intensifies for Jaune's Semblance to unlock in this fight.

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

#1156 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

Hoping intensifies for Jaune's Semblance to unlock in this fight.

I feel like it has to activate now. It just seems fitting. Also, that speer hit her so off centre that I don't think she will die anyway.

#1157 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

man if only the fighting was better. I think the story on the heroes side is getting better.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1158 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

Yo....YO! This episode got me FUCKED UP!

Spoiler

#1159 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Yo....YO! This episode got me FUCKED UP!

Spoiler

She was up againt the spring maiden.

A maiden was able to take on Cider, that silver guy no one like and that dark skinned girl whose name I can't remember.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#1160 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

RWBY has become predictable tately. Awful writing from Rooster Teeth.

Fan Theory of Jaune's Semblance being healing = confirmed and underwhelming. 5 Seasons of hyping up his Semblance and that's all we get?

Fan Theory of Raven being the maiden instead of Vernal = Confirmed.

And my God Hazel's reason for hating Ozpin was ridiculous. :psyduck:

The fight scene animation and transitions of scenes in this last two episodes are just God-awful.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 06 January 2018 - 01:59 PM.

• Ren-san likes this

naruhinasig1.png

Spoiler Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users