#1161 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

RWBY has become predictable tately. Awful writing from Rooster Teeth.

Fan Theory of Jaune's Semblance being healing = confirmed and underwhelming. 5 Seasons of hyping up his Semblance and that's all we get?

Fan Theory of Raven being the maiden instead of Vernal = Confirmed.

And my God Hazel's reason for hating Ozpin was ridiculous. :psyduck:

The fight scene animation and transitions of scenes in this last two episodes are just God-awful.

yeah, jaune's semblance should have been a defense type. 

OK people need to know how twist works. How is raven the spring maiden?? That makes no logical sense everyone who called that needs to go back to school and learn how to write. And the morons who wrote the script needs to learn how to write. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1162 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

She was up againt the spring maiden.

A maiden was able to take on Cider, that silver guy no one like and that dark skinned girl whose name I can't remember.

I might have accepted that as an excuse if today's episode hadn't happened :P

#1163 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

It does make sense though. When Vernal "used" the maiden's power earlier in the season Raven was wearing her mask to hide the glowing eyes effect that happens when a maiden use's their power.

Plus it was said the spring maiden left a long time ago when she was young after not being able to handle the responsibility(Sound similar?). Vernal still looks young so the timing would be odd if it was long ago that she left yet still is young now.

And people are upset that Jaune's semblance is healing? Why? "It's predictable"? That's not always a bad thing. He's a paladin, I doubt it was ever meant to be a surprise what with the healing effect he had in season 1...

People are expecting way too much honestly. Not every plot needs to be some amazing "Didnt see that coming!" thing. This is still more or less a kids show afterall.

Edited by Kurapika, 06 January 2018 - 07:51 PM.

• Ren-san likes this

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#1164 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

It does make sense though. When Vernal "used" the maiden's power earlier in the season Raven was wearing her mask to hide the glowing eyes effect that happens when a maiden use's their power.

Plus it was said the spring maiden left a long time ago when she was young after not being able to handle the responsibility(Sound similar?). Vernal still looks young so the timing would be odd if it was long ago that she left yet still is young now.

And people are upset that Jaune's semblance is healing? Why? "It's predictable"? That's not always a bad thing. He's a paladin, I doubt it was ever meant to be a surprise what with the healing effect he had in season 1...

People are expecting way too much honestly. Not every plot needs to be some amazing "Didnt see that coming!" thing. This is still more or less a kids show afterall.

but wouldn't both Ozpin and Qrow Branwen know she was the maiden?

They didn't act like she was and treated it as someone from her faction.

The problem with this twist was i didn't see it coming because it made No damn sense. I would do another with obito in naruto being toby. That was a stupid ass twist as well.

A twist is something you didn't see coming but also make sense in the story. Ace being Gol D Roger son makes sense. Obito killing the uchiha and his teachers didn't. This is the same idea. How come everyone acted like Raven wasn't the maiden? It would make sense if it was the kids and bad guys but Ozpin and Qrow.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1165 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

It depends really. Maybe she wasn't the maiden and simply killed the previous one like Cinder tries to do without Oz/Qrow knowing. Or heck maybe she figured a way to transfer it without killing and Vernal really used to be the maiden.

I'm just going to wait til next or so episode since it's likely it will be revealed how then.

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#1166 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

yeah, jaune's semblance should have been a defense type. 

OK people need to know how twist works. How is raven the spring maiden?? That makes no logical sense everyone who called that needs to go back to school and learn how to write. And the morons who wrote the script needs to learn how to write. 

Well there are clues that points to Raven being the maiden in earlier episodes. Hiding her face whenever Vernel "uses" the spring maiden powers got the viewers suspicious and came up with the fan theory which turned out was correct..

Raven clearly wasn't the maiden when she was still at Beacon or Qrow would have known about it. My guess is she killed the previous Maiden, the one Leo mentioned ran away from Haven, to steal her powers. After all why bother having a Maiden for a pet guard for her tribe when she can just take the powers for herself. Less chance of betrayal that way. She appointed Vernal as decoy to cover her tracks and fool Ozpin and Salem.

Well it's more the fact that they waited 5 season to reveal it. They could have done that last season when RNJR was fighting that horseman grimm. It would make more sense for it to activate when Ren or Nora got injured because he's much closer to them. The trauma of losing another team member would be a stronger motivation for him.

It's no longer a kid's show the moment death of characters was included in the story.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 07 January 2018 - 04:49 AM.

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#1167 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

RWBY has become predictable tately. Awful writing from Rooster Teeth.

Fan Theory of Jaune's Semblance being healing = confirmed and underwhelming. 5 Seasons of hyping up his Semblance and that's all we get?

Fan Theory of Raven being the maiden instead of Vernal = Confirmed.

And my God Hazel's reason for hating Ozpin was ridiculous. :psyduck:

The fight scene animation and transitions of scenes in this last two episodes are just God-awful.

Ehhhh, I disagree

Just because fans guessed the outcome of something that doesn't mean that it's bad writing in the slightest because likewise with something like Game of Thrones for example, stuff like this are the results of both the writers laying down the foundations throughout the seasons/episodes etc and then close analysis done by the fandom to decipher what the writers laid out 

I'm disappointed that Juane's semblance wasn't something offensive-like but it still makes sense given who the character is and what he's been through and done.....The Raven reveal came from outta left field though....But if someone predicted that like you said.....They're on some next level type of clairvoyance because nobody I know saw that coming, myself included.....Like I saw the Cinder betrayal coming from a mile away, but THAT reveal was just mind blowing for me

I agree wholeheartedly with the bolded part though and as for the fight scenes, I wouldn't call them awful but even so, they're not even on the same level as the fights from Volume 1-3

EDIT:

I cannot believe that I didn't pick up on this....And yeah, I did find it weird that they said that the Spring Maiden left a long time ago thus suggesting that she was pretty grown only to find out that she's just about around the same age as the kids....Man I love how this fandom never misses anything lol

Edited by Tokoya, 08 January 2018 - 01:22 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1168 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Ehhhh, I disagree

Just because fans guessed the outcome of something that doesn't mean that it's bad writing in the slightest because likewise with something like Game of Thrones for example, stuff like this are the results of both the writers laying down the foundations throughout the seasons/episodes etc and then close analysis done by the fandom to decipher what the writers laid out 

I'm disappointed that Juane's semblance wasn't something offensive-like but it still makes sense given who the character is and what he's been through and done.....The Raven reveal came from outta left field though....But if someone predicted that like you said.....They're on some next level type of clairvoyance because nobody I know saw that coming, myself included.....Like I saw the Cinder betrayal coming from a mile away, but THAT reveal was just mind blowing for me

I agree wholeheartedly with the bolded part though and as for the fight scenes, I wouldn't call them awful but even so, they're not even on the same level as the fights from Volume 1-3

EDIT:

I cannot believe that I didn't pick up on this....And yeah, I did find it weird that they said that the Spring Maiden left a long time ago thus suggesting that she was pretty grown only to find out that she's just about around the same age as the kids....Man I love how this fandom never misses anything lol

I agree. Not every reveal needs to be a twist. And I wouldn't even call Jaunes Semblance a reveal. We saw hints of it when Pyhrra activated his aura (his cheek scratch healed) and after Cardin bullied him in the Emerald Forest (his bruises healed). So I already thought his Semblance was some kind of healing, he just didn't activated it yet. And that's what this moment was for me. Him managing to use his Semblance.

I didn't read any fan theories, so I did not see that Raven reveal coming, too. I'll wait for further explanations on this one.

• Tokoya likes this

#1169 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

You need to go back and re-watch Volume 3 Episode 6 Fall. The maidens and the selection process of a maiden was explained to Pyrrha in that episode.
Glynda and company told Pyrrha that the first part of the selection process had to do with being a female. Then they figured out if the maiden thinks of a female human and/or fannus before they died then that person would inherit the maiden’s power. If the last thoughts of a maiden has to do with a man then the maiden power would go to some random person thus making the search for the maiden that much harder on Ozpin group.

Simply put, any female in this series could become a maiden depending on the last thoughts of the current maiden.

Raven is always seen with the mask at her side. Recall when she saved Yang on the train Raven had her mask on. When she was talking to Qrow at the bar in Volume 4 Raven had her mask present. And when she was leaving the bar she had her mask on. The theory of her being a maiden based on her wearing her mask at that time mainly works because her semblance has been explained and can not easily be said to be the result of the maiden’s power.

Last I checked Raven age has never been revealed. For all we know Raven may still be in her early thirties, which is still relatively young. If RT has revealed Raven age then please enlighten me.

Agreed. But lets not forget that Jaune semblance hasn’t been fully revealed yet. For all we know Jaune semblance may have something to do with sharing his life force or something along those lines. Thus, the apparent healing effect may be the result of something else happening.

but wouldn't both Ozpin and Qrow Branwen know she was the maiden?

They didn't act like she was and treated it as someone from her faction.

The problem with this twist was i didn't see it coming because it made No damn sense. I would do another with obito in naruto being toby. That was a stupid ass twist as well.

A twist is something you didn't see coming but also make sense in the story. Ace being Gol D Roger son makes sense. Obito killing the uchiha and his teachers didn't. This is the same idea. How come everyone acted like Raven wasn't the maiden? It would make sense if it was the kids and bad guys but Ozpin and Qrow.

Raven is supposedly cunning. As explained earlier in the posts Raven selection as a maiden is quite possible. Also, don’t forget that Raven was one of Ozpin main go to informant for information about Salem activities. So it is possible that Raven may have became a maiden and used a truthful event to hide the fact that she inherited Vernal powers in order to stay one step ahead of everyone else. After all, betrayal in terms of trust seem to be a major issue in her family life. And if Salem were to ever find out that she was a maiden then it would also put her tribe in danger and we know that she doesn’t want that to happen in the slightest. At least for now anyways.

Great point.

Edited by Ren-san, 13 January 2018 - 11:25 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#1170 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

You need to go back and re-watch Volume 3 Episode 6 Fall. The maidens and the selection process of a maiden was explained to Pyrrha in that episode.
Glynda and company told Pyrrha that the first part of the selection process had to do with being a female. Then they figured out if the maiden thinks of a female human and/or fannus before they died then that person would inherit the maiden’s power. If the last thoughts of a maiden has to do with a man then the maiden power would go to some random person thus making the search for the maiden that much harder on Ozpin group.

Simply put, any female in this series could become a maiden depending on the last thoughts of the current maiden.

I think he meant that in a more meta way. Why did the writers choose to write it that way.

Raven is supposedly cunning. As explained earlier in the posts Raven selection as a maiden is quite possible. Also, don’t forget that Raven was one of Ozpin main go to informant for information about Salem activities. So it is possible that Raven may have became a maiden and used a truthful event to hide the fact that she inherited Vernal powers in order to stay one step ahead of everyone else. After all, betrayal in terms of trust seem to be a major issue in her family life. And if Salem were to ever find out that she was a maiden then it would also put her tribe in danger and we know that she doesn’t want that to happen in the slightest. At least for now anyways.

Raven couldn't have inherited the powers from Vernal, because she would have had to die for that. And since the power is bound to your Aura you can't just suck it out without her dying. Autuum fell in a coma like state after half her power were sucked off. So she would probably have died if Cinder took her whole power from the start.

Maybe Raven inherited the powers from the one that ran away from Ozpin. That way Ozpin and Qrow wouldn't have known she had that power.

Spoiler for Chapter 13

#1171 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-13

Spoiler

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1172 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

why spring powers is ice?

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1173 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

I was wondering the same thing. I'm so confused as to what Maiden powers actually are. Spring gave Raven ice powers. Fall gives Cinder fire....but when Amber was the fall maiden, she had ice and lightning.....

Anyway....

Spoiler

Edited by Blue22, 13 January 2018 - 03:48 PM.

#1174 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

why spring powers is ice?

Cinder did use fire and ice in episode 12. Based upon that evidence the maidens powers may not be limited to just one or two elements. And since Cinder does tend to use techniques composing of fire then wouldn't it be natural to use the opposing element to counter her techniques?  

I think he meant that in a more meta way. Why did the writers choose to write it that way.

Point taken.

Raven couldn't have inherited the powers from Vernal, because she would have had to die for that. And since the power is bound to your Aura you can't just suck it out without her dying. Autuum fell in a coma like state after half her power were sucked off. So she would probably have died if Cinder took her whole power from the start.

Maybe Raven inherited the powers from the one that ran away from Ozpin. That way Ozpin and Qrow wouldn't have known she had that power.

I meant what you stated in the bold.

Perhaps, the previous Spring maiden may have been known as Vernal and the story of her running away was true. This is in reference to the idea that it is easier to convince people of a lie when you mix some bit of truth into the lie.

Spoiler for Chapter 13

Emerald would probably inherit Cinder power if she were to die in this volume. Seeing as Emerald has already proven her loyalty and/or devotion to Cinder for quite some time.

Though I am interested in learning whether or not RT will make a reveal that states the Grimm were once human beings who chose to use dust (or magic) for darker purposes. Based upon what is happening to Cinder.

Edited by Ren-san, 13 January 2018 - 04:06 PM.

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#1175 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

Didn't really like the Cinder vs Raven fight soo..........

We all know Cinder isn't done for, this is truely Cinders low point, beaten and humiliated by Raven. 

She'll come back stronger than ever.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#1176 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

https://www.animepac...me-5/episode-13

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#1177 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Only comes up as Database Error. Rooster Teeth going full ham on blocking the Volume 5 finale.

Edited by Namikaze_Naruto, 20 January 2018 - 12:11 PM.

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#1178 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,154 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Only comes up as Database Error.

I think the website crashed due to traffic -_- But that's last week's episode that he linked anyway, we're waiting for episode 14

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#1179 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Yeah that's the second site I've seen not at right. Either the Rooster Teeth Ninjas are in full force or everyone's trying to watch at the same time XD

#1180 Dark Sasuke_101

Dark Sasuke_101

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNone of your concern

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

This was a pure Shit finale.

Hl5StX6.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users