111 replies to this topic

#101 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

"Whoa there Imina!" Richard said raising his hands in surprise as the gunner trained her sights on their cleric. If there was anything they had to avoid in a dungeon it was infighting before the monsters could even get at them. "I realize that Arnold has put himself in a compromising position by saying he was thinking about betraying us for the gold, but you can't very well strike him down just for thinking something in passing. We all have plenty of thoughts good and bad going through us all day, hell I was thinking about just leaving that dumb brat in the purple cloud and saving myself just a bit ago. We can't judge a man simply on his thoughts though, but rather on his actions, and from Arnold's actions he's been doing his best to help us, if not always successfully." Holding his hands up Richard edged between the barrel of the gun and Arnold before turning to Arnold.

"And you Arnold" He turned to the cleric who didn't yet seem to know how much he had stepped on Imina's tail. "I can only imagine that you entertained thoughts of betraying us because of either greed or for a lack of trust in our abilities, so I have to tell you that we will of course be splitting any spoils we might find in here equally between us, though I doubt we will find much in a dungeon that is largely prepared to test the mettle of new adventurers." He paused as he grinned wryly. "I can only let my actions so far speak for themselves as to how much trust you can put in our abilities however. Though with our patience of your performance, I'd certainly hope you'd extend the same to us"

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#102 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

" My my Imina... I must apologize. I had forgotten you had not witnessed the confession of a Skalt devotee before. By offering all of our sinful thoughts, even the seeds of sins yet to grow, to the great Skalt, our hearts remain purified at all times. It is the nature of Man to have a soul steeped in sin, but by confessing to Skalt, our souls can be cleaned before the rot sets in" says Arnold, taking great care not to offend the furious Imina.

"I must admit that the sin of treason had entered my mind as a possibility earlier, but thanks to Skalt's benevolence my heart is laid bare, and my sins erased. I have no intention of turning on any of you, do not worry. If either of you feel dark thoughts taking grasp of your mind, I would be happy to perform an absolution. As apology for my carelessness, I'll even provide the first for free. I believe you will find it quite... comforting... heh heh..."  Arnold laughs as though he found his own comment amusing. 

"And yes Richard, you two have saved my life in this dungeon today. I trust both of you a great deal, and I hope you can understand that I bear only good intentions towards you both"

Edited by rototom, 16 May 2016 - 12:33 AM.

#103 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

"Just saying Richard, if it ever comes to the situation when me or Mikhail are endangered by you guys, trust me I won't hesitate to shoot either of you" And with a "hmph" Imina withdrawn her weapon, heading straight to Mikhail's side. If she stuck close to Arnold a little more, she would lose it.

#104 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 21 May 2016 - 07:38 PM

"Friendly advice, you might want to wait until we're not in the middle of a dangerous dungeon to do so, you'd have to make it out alone succeed or fail" Richard pointed out. He didn't particularly like how well their cooperation was going, but he was pretty sure no one was going to blatantly try to harm anyone else, so Imina's ultimatum presumably should never come to pass anyways.

Nodding briefly at the cleric's sentiments Richard wondered what they were supposed to do next. An orb had popped out of the ground, but the last time Richard had touched a strange artifact they had nearly all been killed by a suit of armor controlled by slime. He hoped he could divine some sort of clue from it before actually touching the thing.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#105 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,574 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

There were no magical traps as far as Richard could tell. It was safe to touch the orb as long as he did not remove the ritual paper. That would release the Soul of the Emperor of Dreams, something that had to be done after careful consideration.

"Rip those papers off and I can open this door for you. Those warnings are just a practical joke," said the skeleton. "Or I can give you a puzzle even though you already went through the trouble of defeating a guardian. You boneheads wouldn't be able to solve it, though. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

#106 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

"A puzzle you say? Tell it to us now, so that we may pass through and suffer your sinful speech no longer" demands Arnold as he approaches the skull

#107 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,574 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

"Very well," said the skull before coughing dramatically, "The puzzle is this: 'What has twelve faces and thirteen hearts?' You get three guesses."

#108 rototom

rototom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

"you underestimate us, accursed skull! The answer could only be... A deck of cards!" declares Arnold with a dramatic flourish

#109 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,574 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

"NOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!" cried the skull. The animated face became motionless and the large door creaked open. Hidden inside a small alcove in the revealed room lay a dirty brown chest.

#110 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:37 AM

"I am going to check the area first" she said as she inspected the place, last time they followed one of these objects they ended up fighting a giant piece of junk, It would be wise to avoid repeating that again.

Edited by Insane Soul, 25 May 2016 - 12:37 AM.

#111 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,574 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:01 AM

Imina noticed a thin tripwire in front of the chest. Following the tripwire to the left and right side of the rooms, she saw two slight indentations.

#112 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Tamamo Shark?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:05 AM

"Wait a moment" Imina alerted the other 2 as she carefully approached the traps she spotted "there is a Trip wire in front of the chest, let me try to disable it before either of you activate it first, Mikhail, stand back" after she ordered her companion to stay out of danger, she attempted to disarm the trap right now, Imina's skills as a ranger were their best assets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users