328 replies to this topic

#1 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:44 AM

As we now can, lets make a thread for the BnHA anime.

Not much is currently known about the series, such as when it will be screened, but it is made by Bones; of FMA fame. 

http://www.animenews...onfirmed/.94768

http://www.animenews...t-visual/.94944

So Discuss~

((some relevent posts from the other thread))

Rumored director is Kenji Nagasaki, but take that with a big grain of salt.

Spoiler Key animation

I don't get why people don't like BONES being the studio doing this. Adaptations like Soul Eater got fucked up because the manga was monthly and had not gotten very far when the anime started. BnHA won't end up like that, as it will takes ages before they catch up to the source material even without fillers.

The important question is

Spoiler

It is announced Bones will be doing the upcoming animation for Boku no Hero Academia.

http://www.animenews...t-visual/.94944

Edited by Nyanko, 03 November 2015 - 06:46 AM.

• Raiden likes this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#2 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

This should be pretty good. This manga is too much of a rising star to be rushed with an anime original ending, and otherwise their most recent work that i got a glimpse at, Kekkai Sensen, didn't look bad in terms of animation. Hopefully they will treat this as a long term project, which they should and i expect them to, and with nicely handled fillers/pacing the final product should not disappoint.

• Raiden likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#3 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

If done right, this will definitely be able to propel BNHA into one of the "big ones". Ohh, I'm so hoping this will be done right...

I don't think I've seen much from Bones except for Soul Eater and the two FMA animes... I gotta say I'm not a fan of original endings, but if this is the studio that made Brotherhood then this could definitely become huge.

Seeing as this will not likely air in a while, I wonder if one or two cours would be best?

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#4 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,666 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

This should be pretty good. This manga is too much of a rising star to be rushed with an anime original ending, and otherwise their most recent work that i got a glimpse at, Kekkai Sensen, didn't look bad in terms of animation. Hopefully they will treat this as a long term project, which they should and i expect them to, and with nicely handled fillers/pacing the final product should not disappoint.

First of all, Kekkai Sensen is a masterpiece and if BnHA is even 30% as good we can call this a success.

Secondly, I doubt the same crew will be working on it. There will be no Matsumoto Rie brilliance or experimental shots.
  • Fleet likes this

#5 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:18 PM

First of all, Kekkai Sensen is a masterpiece and if BnHA is even 30% as good we can call this a success.

Secondly, I doubt the same crew will be working on it. There will be no Matsumoto Rie brilliance or experimental shots.

I've seen just like the first episode, so i could only comment on what appeared to be pretty good animation  :P I've caught up with Haikyu though so Kekkai Sensen might be next on my watch list  :isee:

Edited by Sanji, 03 November 2015 - 12:18 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#6 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

I am a little nervous that they are giving it an anime series so soon. You'd like to there to be a good bit of story in the manga so they can adapt it and not have to rely on filler too much, but still, this is one of my favorite ongoing series at the moment and I hope that this gets the series a lot more attention since I do think it deserves it. So here's hoping it is a good adaptation. I can't wait to see All Might animated lol.

• Raiden likes this

#7 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

dbz I think back in its day was released pretty close to the manga and there wasn't a problem. I mean if they really care about how the anime turns out and don't let it go to shit like the guys who do Naruto In all its filler glory let it go to it should be fine.

the question is: do they want to milk the series or do they want I to make it good? add depending on their answer they'll just have to take breaks when and if they catch up to the manga in content.

unless they get the author himself to write filler content. that might be cool. or if they like get a team of writers who can keep with the overall unique and complex writing style.

Edited by retroluffy13, 03 November 2015 - 09:07 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,188 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:40 PM

Can't wait to see all of the BakuGOAT and Shouto greatness animated

That and dem Momo's :aww:

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

dbz I think back in its day was released pretty close to the manga and there wasn't a problem.

You do know that the original DBZ had a shitload of filler, right? Just like Naruto, Bleach, etc.

As for the BnHA anime I was kind of hoping for someone else to get the anime, Production IG animation would have been great; that and I think they tend to do better jobs with series like this.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#10 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:39 PM

You do know that the original DBZ had a shitload of filler, right? Just like Naruto, Bleach, etc.

As for the BnHA anime I was kind of hoping for someone else to get the anime, Production IG animation would have been great; that and I think they tend to do better jobs with series like this.

yeah but not anywhere neaa as much as Naruto had. like, id say 30 episodes of dbz are filler compared to the itteral hundreds of filler episodes Naruto has done.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#11 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

yeah but not anywhere neaa as much as Naruto had. like, id say 30 episodes of dbz are filler compared to the itteral hundreds of filler episodes Naruto has done.

And I'd say you're wrong, just out of the fact that DBZ had 291 episodes and Kai has 159, 132 episodes cut.

Now the only reason Naruto would have more filler is because the actual series is longer then Dragon Ball was, 519 Vs 700. I'm sure there are other factors involved as well, most of which probably has to do with Shueshia/Pierrot wanting to milk a series. That how ever does not mean they didn't try to milk the hell out of Dragon ball, case in point is all the new DB movies, anime series, and manga. Toei is also just as bad about milking the hell out of things as Pierrot is, which is why people dread either of those companies ever getting a series to adapt.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#12 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

And I'd say you're wrong, just out of the fact that DBZ had 291 episodes and Kai has 159, 132 episodes cut.

Now the only reason Naruto would have more filler is because the actual series is longer then Dragon Ball was, 519 Vs 700. I'm sure there are other factors involved as well, most of which probably has to do with Shueshia/Pierrot wanting to milk a series. That how ever does not mean they didn't try to milk the hell out of Dragon ball, case in point is all the new DB movies, anime series, and manga. Toei is also just as bad about milking the hell out of things as Pierrot is, which is why people dread either of those companies ever getting a series to adapt.

right. it was an estimated guess because I'm to lazy to actually go and count how anyepisodes were filler, but you got what I was talking about so its not a big deal.

and dispite how much filler there is in dbz its nowhere close, even proportionately, t Naruto. Naruto part one has a lot more filler in of itself then dbz had.

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#13 Donten

Donten

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:39 AM

Anime staff is confirmed now.

Spoiler

Director: Kenji Nagasaki
Script: Yosuke Kuroda
Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi
Production: BONES

• Nyanko, Sanji, Tokoya and 3 others like this

#14 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:29 AM

So Kenji Nagasaki directed 5 episodes of Monster and also that last season Classroom Crisis anime @Tokoya was praising. And he's just 35 years old, that sounds quite promising.

Edited by Sanji, 05 November 2015 - 08:31 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,188 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

Spoiler Deku and All Might character designs

And in addition to what @Sanji, said, if you're a fan of mecha series (Particularly Gundam) this director also was involved in two of the best ones of the past decade in Gundam 00 (My personal favorite Gundam series of all time) and Gundam Build Fighters as well as the anime No.6

And the scriptwriter also worked on Gundam 00, both seasons of Gundam Build Fighters but also great series like Btooom, Hellsing Ultimate, Jormungand, Requiem for the Phantom and Trigun and will also be working on the upcoming adpatation of Drifters =o

Also, the man behind the character designs/animation did some work for TTGL, The original FMA, Casshern Sins but most importantly, he's the main man behind the visuals for imo one of the top 10 series of all time in Mushishi

So in short, good anime confirmed just as long as this doesn't get an anime original ending and hopefully we get someone good to do the OST and some great VA's.....My friend thinks that the guy that voiced Simon from TTGL would be a good fit for Deku

Edited by Tokoya, 05 November 2015 - 09:22 AM.

• Nyanko, Sanji and Vl731 like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Kurapika

Kurapika

Phosphophyllite

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationLooking For Answers

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:59 AM

Simon's va? Hm maybe. He can pull off both timid and badass like both characters but...idk. I have always 'pictured' Deku with a higher pitched voice then that personally.

Be Careful What You Wish For

HmtYmQG.png

#17 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:03 AM

Spoiler Deku and All Might character designs

So in short, good anime confirmed just as long as this doesn't get an anime original ending and hopefully we get someone good to do the OST and some great VA's.....My friend thinks that the guy that voiced Simon from TTGL would be a good fit for Deku

Kakihara Tetsuya? The guy who does Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)? I think he fits Kirishima WAY more.

Yamashita Daiki (Onoda from YowaPedal), same guy who voiced Deku in the VOMIC, would be much better, IMO.

#18 Donten

Donten

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

Yamashita Daiki or Ayumu Murase for Deku. Ishida Akira for Todoroki.

Spoiler

Edited by Donten, 05 November 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,188 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

What are the odds of them using the same VA's as the ones in the vomic? Personally I feel like the guy that voiced All Might in that did a great job (He voices Kurama from Naruto)

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:12 PM

I'd kind of like Hinata's VA from Haikyu to voice Deku, i think it fits pretty well.

xGzqj0x.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users