• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,323 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

I cried at least 5 times during this episode
  • Sanji and Raiden like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#62 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:08 PM

I cried at least 5 times during this episode

As far as i remember, i actually think the kid Deku part was better than the manga. Didn't leave that big of an impression there, but the anime better conveyed both his enthusiasm and fanaticism for All Might, and how broken he was after the "no quick tough luck" news.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#63 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,323 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

As far as i remember, i actually think the kid Deku part was better than the manga. Didn't leave that big of an impression there, but the anime better conveyed both his enthusiasm and fanaticism for All Might, and how broken he was after the "no quick tough luck" news.

I know right? I was very impressed by this episode

Sadly, the cancer is starting to spread within the anime community though

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#64 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

I know right? I was very impressed by this episode

I'm impressed that i was not disappointed, because i really went into this trying to see how and where they will fuck up, and it's funny that i only realized i was doing that half way through. Didn't set it as a goal beforehand or anything like that, but i guess it was simply the result of me wanting this to get as good of an adaptation as possible :lol:

Sadly, the cancer is starting to spread within the anime community though

What do you mean ?

Edited by Sanji, 03 April 2016 - 12:35 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

#65 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,323 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

I'm impressed that i was not disappointed, because i really went into this trying to see how and where they will fuck up, and it's funny that i only realized i was doing that half way through. Didn't set it as a goal beforehand or anything like that, but i guess it was simply the result of me wanting this to get as good of an adaptation as possible :lol:

What do you mean ?

Some people are writing it off early because of the generic premise, some people are calling it a ripoff of Naruto and HxH, and some people are calling Deku a bitch
  • Raiden and number21 like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#66 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

Wow what an amazing episode! I'm really excited for the next episode, and wonder just how much will be covered in season 1 since it's only 13 episodes. I hope the anime gains more popularity in the weeks to come so that season 2 will be released as well. 

• Raiden likes this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#67 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

Some people are writing it off early because of the generic premise, some people are calling it a ripoff of Naruto and HxH, and some people are calling Deku a bitch

Ah, i was expecting this to happen :lol:

Can be a reason to worry i guess, the impact the first episodes make on the viewers. I think quite a few people dismissed Shokugeki no Soma's anime solely due to the fan service in the first episode.

Edited by Sanji, 03 April 2016 - 01:14 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

#68 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Most people give it like the first 2 or 3 episodes right? Hopefully the next episodes are pretty good.

#69 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:15 PM

Most people give it like the first 2 or 3 episodes right? Hopefully the next episodes are pretty good.

that's atleast my way of judging different series.

Loved the episode btw, waiting for more ^^

• Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#70 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

Alright, so i gave the first episode another go. Realistically, this is an easy 9 out of 10 from me. If someone would have asked me previously, i wouldn't have put my money on them delivering this good of a first episode.

We are using this thread for the whole anime discussion right ? We're also keeping it spoiler free for the anime only watchers ? Didn't check the first pages of this thread, did we say something that an anime only watcher should not read ? :lol:

• Tokoya, Raiden and eemo23 like this

xGzqj0x.gif

#71 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,323 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

Alright, so i gave the first episode another go. Realistically, this is an easy 9 out of 10 from me. If someone would have asked me previously, i wouldn't have put my money on them delivering this good of a first episode.

We are using this thread for the whole anime discussion right ? We're also keeping it spoiler free for the anime only watchers ? Didn't check the first pages of this thread, did we say something that an anime only watcher should not read ? :lol:

Yup, this is what @Nyanko, wanted I suppose and yes, let's keep this spoiler free since it seems like they're only going up to the Sports Festival like I wanted :)
  • Sanji and Raiden like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#72 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

Ya know Bakugo was a real asshole in the beginning. Seriously its amazing just how much of a horrible dick he used to be. 

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

#73 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

I liked the episode too. I hope it gains some momentum wit the anime viewers. It has a lot of potential. Theres certain fights that i cant wait till its animated.

Ya know Bakugo was a real asshole in the beginning. Seriously its amazing just how much of a horrible dick he used to be.

wym? He's still a dick
  • Raiden likes this

#74 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:25 PM

^ Yeah but hes become more tolerable & actually bearable in a hard to describe way. 

Edit: Yeah if I say anything i'll spoil upcoming events not in the anime so i'll just say that he does become a more bearable person. 

Edited by Slimcoder, 03 April 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#75 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

@Slimcoder

Maybe it's better to discuss this "how X character is perceived later in the series" in the manga thread to avoid anything that might hint at future episodes development.

xGzqj0x.gif

#76 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

@Sanji

Ah I understand. I'll uh remove it then. 

• Sanji likes this

#77 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

litteral live reaction-HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
  • Tokoya likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#78 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:12 AM

Yup, this is what @Nyanko, wanted I suppose and yes, let's keep this spoiler free since it seems like they're only going up to the Sports Festival like I wanted :)

Wha, someone actually missed me enough to mention me? Wow first time in three months

• Tokoya likes this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#79 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

the only thing that could have made this better: is if at the very end all might said no and then the credits rolled.

Edited by retroluffy13, 04 April 2016 - 06:30 AM.

• Tokoya, eemo23 and PunkHazard like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#80 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

the only thing that could have made this better: is if at the very end all might said no and then the credits rolled.

definitely! That would have been soooo awesome!!!
  • retroluffy13 and eemo23 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users