1507 replies to this topic

#21 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Amusingly enough, I thought Eto referred Kaneki when she meant the kid with an insane amount of power, given how fixated she was to him when Shironeki appeared, how the Mad scientist called him a 'Perfect imperfection' and how Eto wanted to create more 'Kanekis'

Huh, never thought about it that way. Might be true.

I don't know; I just sorta connected these two panels together.

Spoiler

Meaning that Eto's decision - to give Kanae (Or Karren) power - is equal to the Kid-God's decision to give Eve knowledge, thereby making her a Kid-God too?

Take, take all you need

And I'll compensate your greed

With broken hearts

Sell, I'll sell your memories

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#22 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

Eto is more like satan. There are even those refferences to Bible.

She had a rough childhood so she has a twisted personality. If she wasn't abandoned in worst place of all as a child, then she might have been different person. She despises her own father for that and she seems to have no real respect for anything. 

We don't know everything about her past, so we don't know if there is a power that forced her to obey on whatever terms or if she is the real ruler of Aogiri (but she seems to be followingothers within AT and shares her time with her personality as a writer, so not really a manager of a secret organization). Anyway, she - probably due to her personal power - seems to have a lot of freedom with whatever she is doing, eg. toying with Kanae.

Edited by pyrogenic, 08 November 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#23 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts
  • LocationTriggering a particular little man.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

(Thank goodness Assassination Classroom had trained my brain for literature)

Thank goodness Danganronpa had trained my brain for psychological interpretations!

#24 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

Thank God that you guys explained it 

#25 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

We already knew Kanae was a girl...

Edited by Clyde, 08 November 2015 - 02:48 PM.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#26 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

I didn't know that Kanae was a girl

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#27 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

There wasn't any lead about it.

Edited by Insane Soul, 08 November 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#28 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

I didn't know that Kanae was a girl

At the start, i was like, "this girl likes dressing like a boy", then something made me think she was a boy (can't remember what it was)  and i was shocked. Should have stuck with my first assessment, i normally get that right. 

#29 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

You know, given the art style and gender depiction of manga these days, I've kind of gotten tired of trying to figure out whether someone androgynous is a Bishonen/Bishoujo, Trap/Reverse Trap, etc.

So personally, this chapter was kind of exasperating in that regard

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#30 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:10 PM

Pretty much agree with Gamria. The confusion of gender and sex is becoming way too common in modern anime/mangas.

And I feel like the sex in the case of Gamria is plot-irrelevant. Mutsuki is fine, since it's such a huge part of his personality and story.

But Kanae? Kanae's love for Shuu is the same, no matter the gender or birth-sex. The revelation did nothing for the plot or the readers view on Kanae in my opinion.

When I read the parts revealing Kanae's true sex, all I could think was: "And why is this included again?"  :rly:

Also, Clyde is confirmed clairvoyant.

• Clyde likes this

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#31 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

Pretty much agree with Gamria. The confusion of gender and sex is becoming way too common in modern anime/mangas.

And I feel like the sex in the case of Gamria is plot-irrelevant. Mutsuki is fine, since it's such a huge part of his personality and story.

But Kanae? Kanae's love for Shuu is the same, no matter the gender or birth-sex. The revelation did nothing for the plot or the readers view on Kanae in my opinion.

When I read the parts revealing Kanae's true sex, all I could think was: "And why is this included again?"  :rly:

Also, Clyde is confirmed clairvoyant.

It is plot relevant for the fact that Shuu and Kanae can have little babies and continue the blood line that was at its end, that's the point i gathered from the chapter.  

• Moon_Hermit likes this

#32 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

These days, I just consider everyone a boy until confirmed at least 3 times by the author. 

#33 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

To be fair, Kanae trying to pass herself as male shows her dedication to uphold the legacy of her household, as a strong man has higher chances of succeeding that than a fragile woman.

Not that it would've worked out ultimately

These days, I just consider everyone a boy until confirmed at least 3 times by the author. 

Plus, with art style these days, I've always found it unfair if the audience winds up getting caught in Traps

Edited by gamria, 08 November 2015 - 04:22 PM.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#34 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

It is plot relevant for the fact that Shuu and Kanae can have little babies and continue the blood line that was at its end, that's the point i gathered from the chapter.  

Oh, yet another reason for the chapter being titled "Eve".

• Tom Ace and Lone_ant like this

#35 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:43 PM

Plus, with art style these days, I've always found it unfair if the audience winds up getting caught in Traps

Owari No Seraph in a nutshell

#36 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

Spoiler

Confused?

Spoiler

Edited by Tom Ace, 08 November 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#37 Morfeus

Morfeus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationIn the moshpit

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I just give too little f***s about the whole Rosenwald affair. :mellow:  As I wrote, it was just in my opinion the birth-sex seemed plot-irrelevant.

I think the love-story or what-should-I-call-it between Kanae and Shuu could have worked out fine without the Rosenwald-backstory in this chapter, as love, affection or even admiration doesn't need a reason.
Might just be me.

What's the general consensus on Mutsuki's gender by the way? Do we write in terms of gender (he) or sex (she)?

I've chosen "he" thus far, since that seems the most polite, while I haven't quite decided on Kanae yet.

Confused?

Spoiler

Now that... Is scary.

Edited by Morfeus, 08 November 2015 - 05:02 PM.

Take, take all you need

With broken hearts

For 15 pounds per year

But just the good days

#38 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

There wasn't any lead about it.

Boy, if I already knew before this chapter, and I don't mean I thought, I KNEW, then a previous chapter made the sublte or not so sublte hint/reveal already.

Edited by Clyde, 08 November 2015 - 05:35 PM.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#39 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, that's true. Maybe I just give too little f***s about the whole Rosenwald affair. :mellow:  As I wrote, it was just in my opinion the birth-sex seemed plot-irrelevant.

I think the love-story or what-should-I-call-it between Kanae and Shuu could have worked out fine without the Rosenwald-backstory in this chapter, as love, affection or even admiration doesn't need a reason.
Might just be me.

What's the general consensus on Mutsuki's gender by the way? Do we write in terms of gender (he) or sex (she)?

I've chosen "he" thus far, since that seems the most polite, while I haven't quite decided on Kanae yet.

Now that... Is scary.

Was it ever confirmed what sex Mutsuki is? i can't remember.

I may have a odd or different way of looking at people. If someone has male genitalia then i call that person a "him" "he" "guy" whatever, same with a female. I don't see this whole "i feel like a Him/Her". what does that even mean? Does feeling like a man mean you're more aggressive, stern, macho? I don't see how a woman can't have these feelings too.

I guess what i am saying is that a woman wanting to be looked at as a "him" seems more like an unnecessary label to fit in? I don't know though just my opinion. If a woman wants to be macho or act like a normal male then just do it, don't worry what others think.

Mutsuki doesn't want to act or dress like a girl for whatever reason, and she/he shouldn't have too, Mutsuki wanting to be called a man i would assume would be to avoid awkward situations.

Him and Her are just labels......

#40 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Absolutely Disgusting!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:09 PM

TUMBLR should be hell right now.

• Morfeus likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users