• Please log in to reply
1508 replies to this topic

#1501 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

Meanwhile, Kuzen chilling in the Pod.

#1502 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:31 PM

Re was good up until Arima died. Everything after was weird and muddled together and confusing

#1503 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

https://readms.net/r.../5197/1?f=1&e=1

FINAL CHAPTER!

#1504 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:50 PM

Of course nothing is shown about Kuzen and Eto.

Just fuck you Ishida.

#1505 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

TIS BUT A SCRATCH
https://m.imgur.com/a/CV45tqT

Kuzen I guess he forgot.

No idea about Eto since he drew here in that final battle a few chapters ago....

#1506 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:12 PM

The thing got axed 100%. No way to finish it like that.

#1507 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

The thing got axed 100%. No way to finish it like that.

i actually think he jus got tired of this series. Feels like he stop caring as much sometime ago

#1508 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

I had Tokyo Ghoul on my reading list for a long time now and finally started reding it about a month ago. But I just clicked on the thumbnail that I was a bit familiar with and so started reading Tokyo Ghoul:re, not knowing that it was a sequel. I noticed it somewhere along the line. But I have to say that that wasn't the worst way to read it, because I started together not knowing anything with this character who lost his memories. So everytime he was surprised about something about his past, I was too.

I skipped to „normal“ Tokyo Ghoul after he broke the people out of that prison. That spoiled some parts of the initial series, but I feel like overall this order was the better experience.

I really liked this series overall. Not everything was great, but it was really enjoyable. And I think it is way better reading it all in one go (still over the time span of several weeks). The end was a bit weird, but it was too bad.

• azer_moli likes this

#1509 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:06 PM

A whole year after the end of the series but I finally got around to reading the TG series  :P

I really enjoyed the first TG series with all its dark tones and I thought the characters were cool and well developed. Kaneki, my tragic hero, was pulled into the violent world of ghouls but all he wanted to do was become stronger to protect those he came to care for--humans and ghouls alike. TG anime 1st season opening really captures Kaneki's feelings/whole situation and so whenever I hear Unravel, I completely lose it.

When it comes to TG:re, idk....it was great for the first 1/3 of the story but then I kept getting confused by what was happening and why. Did not like the direction that Mutsuki's story went. I understand her extremely fcked up backstory with all the abuse she suffered from her horrible family, but for Mutsuki to become deranged due to her love for Kaneki felt waaay out of place. Felt like the typical woman character goes crazy because of a guy trope sprinkled with petty jealousy against Touka and failed attempt at trying to portray the impact of severe sexual and psychological abuse on a person.

What else...disliked Urie for the majority of TG:re for being so selfish but I do acknowledge that he eventually became less of a jerk.

Never really understood which side Uta was for. He was with the clowns who caused a lot of trouble in the story yet everyone was cool with it?Maybe it was due to translation for some of the chapters I read, but didn't quite understand the thing with the clowns.

There were other things that confused me too but I marathon read TG and TG:re so things weren't too bad. Couldn't imagine waiting for each chapter with all the shit that was happening lol. I'm now reading the TG wiki to help clear the confusion for what happened in some arcs. 

In terms of characters I liked, of course all of the Anteiku ghouls. Didn't really care much for the Aogiri ghouls besides for Banjo, Ayato, and Naki.

Although fcked up, Juuzo still had my heart because of his childlike behavior. Was a sucker for his relationship with Shinohara. 

Hide is the ultimate best friend  :aww:

• PunkHazard likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users