Photo

[Character] Donquixote "Heavenly Demon" Doflamingo (Part 13)

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#1 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

Last Thread at the L.

xElIa6W.jpg

If not for the current vastly improved art, Cavey and DD's fighting + fleshed out character, DR would be just below Alabasta for me. But since it does have those things, it's now my 3rd favorite arc after Skypiea and the whole period from when Luffy got in ID to when MF War ended (which are 2 arcs technically but...I like to group them into 1 as Rescue Ace arc LOL)

Btw, DD is Yonkiral :hmph:

I put Dressrosa in my top five to be honest. Doflamingo is definitely my favourite villain so far, and I loved reading it weekly.

It's my favourite Arc next to MarineFord. Their's a lot of reasons why it was a good arc to me, too lazy to reiterate all the posts you've missed tho atm lol.

Wow, sorry to hear that....  I would hope our forum's top rate posters wouldn't let a few ups and down detract them from posting, but I would understand if it did. Hope to see those who left come back though, I see tenchu and Kaze are still around on this page, that's good.

Personally, I feel Oda probably changed, or rather "refined" some stuff around in terms of story/plot balancing during the slow DR chapters. A lot of the chapters seemed like they were being milked to be honest, but I feel even if Oda was milking chapters he at least did it in a way that it all tied together. 

I like Dressrosa. I really liked it actually, probably my 3rd or 4th favorite arc when it's all said and done. I thought Doffy was a great villain and commanded a ton of respect from those who didn't even like the character, which is tough to do. 

I have high hopes for Zou and the rest of the story, we probably won't have a need for multiple flashbacks like we did back there in DR, and hopefully the filler/milk chapters are kept to a minimum.

Surely Oda realizes that the story will require a (slightly) faster pace now that everything seems to be one domino knocking down the next, especially with the Sanji bit.

Most people were dissapointed with Drrerosa(Not me). If you wanted to know the general consensus.

Just got back around a couple days ago. Saw you, Andrew, Coquinne, Kidd, Rabbit, fulmine, Furiniji, tlawisop, etc still around, which is good. Had no idea DEW was mod (slowpoke.jpg)

Even though I was off the forums for a bit I never missed a chapter. Sorta bummed I missed out on the Dressarosa debates but I'm sure Zou will entertain a good crowd

Wut.  Most of them are gone.  

Swag.

2pyaix0.jpg

#2 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationOutlaw's Summit.

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:36 PM

Hopefully he gets his own cell in Impel Down. Definitely one of the most prized Level 6 criminals in history. 

Former CD, now "disgraced royalty." Lineage that involved kings who created the structure of the One Piece world. Nice bounty (should be higher), CoC/CoA/CoO user with a top rate Paramecia.

Capable of literally locking an island down. This guy, once he sets foot on just about any island, instantly becomes a candidate for the strongest being on that island's soil. Think about how quickly he set up Bird Cage, and with it active the whole time he can shut out communication to the outside world while puppetteering the entirety of the island's population at will. 

This guy deserves his own unique cell, hopefully all to himself. Nothing less for the Royal Young Master than to get Level 6's most prized cell for one of the most dangerous, unique criminals in all of history  :aww:

.... I don't think Jack got him back. He's too strong to be a tag-along for Kaidou's henchmen, 

Edited by Shichibukai Ace, 08 November 2015 - 03:02 AM.

Spoiler

#3 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

Hopefully he gets his own cell in Impel Down. Definitely one of the most prized Level 6 criminals in history. 

Former CD, now "disgraced royalty." Lineage that involved kings who created the structure of the One Piece world. Nice bounty (should be higher), CoC/CoA/CoO user with a top rate Logia.

Capable of literally locking an island down. This guy, once he sets foot on just about any island, instantly becomes a candidate for the strongest being on that island's soil. Think about how quickly he set up Bird Cage, and with it active the whole time he can shut out communication to the outside world while puppetteering the entirety of the island's population at will. 

This guy deserves his own unique cell, hopefully all to himself. Nothing less for the Royal Young Master than to get Level 6's most prized cell for one of the most dangerous, unique criminals in all of history  :aww:

.... I don't think Jack got him back. He's too strong to be a tag-along for Kaidou's henchmen,

They're making a level 7 for him like a true boss.

I wonder if they are going to update his bounty now that he's not a Shichi anymore, last time it was updated was like 15 years ago.

Edited by Sloan, 07 November 2015 - 09:50 PM.

• Leper likes this

2pyaix0.jpg

#4 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

Former CD, now "disgraced royalty." Lineage that involved kings who created the structure of the One Piece world. Nice bounty (should be higher), CoC/CoA/CoO user with a top rate Logia.

he does have island destructive power. His power and ability is definitely OP.

24gvaiu.jpg

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:02 AM

DD and Moria are the prime examples of antagonists besides the Admirals who Luffy outright couldn't win against and needed Oda to provide lots of external help. At least against Croc, Enel, Lucci etc. Luffy had certain big advantages or was indeed really close in overall strength (though he still got nakamapowah and PIS). Arguably that G4 is straight up stronger than DD but if he could tangle with it for 20 minutes till Luffy was out then...being physically stronger is just one of the many ways to win a fight.

top rate Logia.

Paramecia.

I wonder if they are going to update his bounty now that he's not a Shichi anymore, last time it was updated was like 15 years ago.

If he's in ID then what's the reason?

• Sloan likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#6 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationOutlaw's Summit.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

My bad Fulmine, quite a rookie mistake there, edited. 

Spoiler

#7 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:22 AM

Heavenly Demon? So he's like the reverse counterpart of Enel "God" of the Moon?

#8 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:38 AM

More like ugly rat

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#9 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

More like ugly rat

Even Nicki take's aspiration from Doffy's Swag, U buggin' callin Doffy a rat when he turns folks into parasites.

Heavenly Demon? So he's like the reverse counterpart of Enel "God" of the Moon?

No. You can't compare the swag, it's like comparing M&M and Lindor Chocolate, one is simply way better and classier/swaggier.
  • Kazekage likes this

2pyaix0.jpg

#10 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Baeflamingo

#11 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:28 AM

Definitely the greatest villain in One Piece.  Blackbeard and Akainu have got some serious catching up to do. 

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#12 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:52 AM

Former CD, now "disgraced royalty." Lineage that involved kings who created the structure of the One Piece world. Nice bounty (should be higher), CoC/CoA/CoO user with a top rate Paramecia.

well ID level 6 should have alot of room by now.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#13 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

he does have island destructive power. His power and ability is definitely OP.

Wait, DD has island level destructive power?

#14 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Wait, DD has island level destructive power?

you doubt it?.

24gvaiu.jpg

#15 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

you doubt it?.

Yes, I'm skeptical. What proves or suggests that DD has island level destructive power? Does he have the feats?

Edited by Leper, 15 November 2015 - 12:10 AM.

• vasu likes this

#16 vasu

vasu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

Yes, I'm skeptical. What proves or suggests that DD has island level destructive power? Does he have the feats?

Bird Cage had destroyed the entire island of Dressrosa and the other island shown in the flashback ...

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

Except for WB, no one in One Piece actually shows island level feats. When you say X level or Y level, the X/Y should be destroyed in one or at most a few attacks. I mean if you give them time, a town-level guys can probably wreck an island, too.

After all, the best way to go about things is energy.

#18 VorgX

VorgX

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

What about Enel?

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:10 AM

He used Maxim. Though I think if he goes all out at once he can do it.

#20 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Except for WB, no one in One Piece actually shows island level feats. When you say X level or Y level, the X/Y should be destroyed in one or at most a few attacks. I mean if you give them time, a town-level guys can probably wreck an island, too.

After all, the best way to go about things is energy.

Akainu and Kuzan showed that level of power. Prime Chin had rep for doing that, and he got chined by Garp the Fist. Kiza should be able to use light fruit as nuke. Law halved PH. All big shots with AoE type of power can do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users