Photo

[Character] Donquixote "Heavenly Demon" Doflamingo (Part 13)

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Akainu and Kuzan showed that level of power.

They took 10 days. As I said, even if a guy is only town-level, give him enough time he can wreck a whole city/island. That doesn't make him as destructive as a true island-buster.

Prime Chin had rep for doing that

And we never see. We only saw him split an area that's about a town at best.

Kiza should be able to use light fruit as nuke.

Which never destroys an island. A city block? Yeah.

Law halved PH.

No, he halved a ''mountain'' on PH.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

They took 10 days.

They took 10 days to change the weather permanently. Akainu's meteor shower or whatever he used at MF is clearly a possible island level, as well as Ice age is more than obviously one.

Fuji also showed island level power with that lifting every piece of rubble in DR. 

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:37 AM

They took 10 days to change the weather permanently.

So? They still didn't destroy PH LOL.

Akainu's meteor shower or whatever he used at MF is clearly a possible island level

What? The battleground was only the bay. That's like not even half of MF if it was round.

as well as Ice age is more than obviously one.

We're talking about destroying, not freezing.

Fuji also showed island level power with that lifting every piece of rubble in DR.

And? How does that show he can destroy an island? He can destroy lives, make holes and stuffs on the island by dropping those, yeah. But until he splits/cuts/whatever an island, there's no island-buster feat for him.

#24 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

So? They still didn't destroy PH LOL.

They didn't try either.

What? The battleground was only the bay. That's like not even half of MF if it was round.

Yeah, and zero effort from Akainu. It's pretty obvious he could make a larger version of that attack if he wanted, with bigger fists and bigger area. of effect.

We're talking about destroying, not freezing.

If he froze an island he'd kill everything in it. If he punched a frozen island he'd probably break it in pieces. 

And? How does that show he can destroy an island? He can destroy lives, make holes and stuffs on the island by dropping those, yeah. But until he splits/cuts/whatever an island, there's no island-buster feat for him.

It shows he can affect an area as big as an island with his gravity. Which means he can make a hole as big as an island with his gravity.

#25 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:22 AM

Is Bird Cage not Island level?

2pyaix0.jpg

#26 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Bird Cage had destroyed the entire island of Dressrosa and the other island shown in the flashback ...

It didn't necessarily destroy the island of Dressrosa. What I'm talking about is something closer to what Whitebeard or Moria 12 did. Doflamingo destroyed Dressrosa the city, but I don't know if he has the feats to destroy the actual island. That's what I'm skeptical of, unless there are feats to convince me otherwise.

#27 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

Whitebeard or Moria didn't destroy any island, they just cut one in half.

#28 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

They didn't try either.

We don't know about that since we haven't seen the fight but fact is they didn't destroy it so...no feat! I'm not talking about speculation or conjecture and I myself do think it's more likely than not the top tiers should be island-level but here I'm merely stating a fact that those guys don't have feats. Only WB ACTUALLY show it on-screen. The others? Only feats that suggest they can. And because of that, the possibility remains that they may not be island-level. Not that they need to be that to be top-tier anw. Depends on their abilities they can be dangerous/strong in certain ways.

Yeah, and zero effort from Akainu. It's pretty obvious he could make a larger version of that attack if he wanted, with bigger fists and bigger area. of effect.

So...no actual doing!

If he froze an island he'd kill everything in it.

If he punched a frozen island he'd probably break it in pieces.

Which isn't even related to island-level. Caesar may spread gas and kill the whole population of an island, too, but he doesn't do anything to the island itself, only the people living on it. Do you even understand the thing you're talking about? O__O

Yeah, that is the important part. He never does that. So...no evidence he can...

It shows he can affect an area as big as an island with his gravity. Which means he can make a hole as big as an island with his gravity.

Evidence that lifting those thing=sinking/destroying the island?

Is Bird Cage not Island level?

No. It has island range. But it took 1 hour to mop the surface of the island.

Edited by Fulmine, 15 November 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#29 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Location#T.Dot #416 #905 #ScarTown #PK #KnM #6 #GTA #DonQuixote

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

No. It has island range. But it took 1 hour to mop the surface of the island.

I think that was just Oda trying to hype. At the end he contracted it, could've contracted it as soon as he used BC if he wanted.

Edited by Sloan, 15 November 2015 - 11:56 AM.

2pyaix0.jpg

#30 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

Only WB ACTUALLY show it on-screen.

WB only split the island in two, he never destroyed it.

So...no actual doing!

You are never going to see anyone destroy an island. They would die. If WB destroyed MF he'd drown. 

But you can see what someone is capable of doing, and use logic and common sense to dictate that person would be able to do more.

Which isn't even related to island-level. Caesar may spread gas and kill the whole population of an island, too, but he doesn't do anything to the island itself, only the people living on it. Do you even understand the thing you're talking about? O__O

Last I checked freezing an island does something to the island itself.

Evidence that lifting those thing=sinking/destroying the island?

It's the same power? WTF? As long as he can lift he can push down, that's obvious.

#31 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

Whitebeard or Moria didn't destroy any island, they just cut one in half.

They did not completely destroy the islands. You are right. But their feats suggest that they could have, even if they did not actually destroy them. What they have shown, causes me to think that they can; whereas what Doflamingo has shown does not. Besides, whether they actually did isn't the point.  My point was "closer to what Whitebeard and Moria did", which is to say doing real damage to the actual island itself, which DD hasn't shown. 

#32 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

You are never going to see anyone destroy an island. They would die. If WB destroyed MF he'd drown. 

But you can see what someone is capable of doing, and use logic and common sense to dictate that person would be able to do more.

It's the same power? WTF? As long as he can lift he can push down, that's obvious.

i think there is some miscommunication going on here. What do you understand "island level destructive capacity" to mean exactly? 

#33 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

To me it means having attacks that are capable of hitting the entire island and destroy most of it.

I think birdcage can be island destructive for example, there really is nothing left there after it has closed

#34 Strikto

Strikto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

the CD should enslave DD for eternity.
Torment him and keep him with the secret within the boundary of marinejoie.

@Strobacaxi if so Decken can destroy any island by sending noah or even an entire sky island flying n crashing.

Edited by Strikto, 15 November 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#35 Leper

Leper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

To me it means having attacks that are capable of hitting the entire island and destroy most of it.

I think birdcage can be island destructive for example, there really is nothing left there after it has closed

Do you think the birdcage can cut the entire island to pieces, the landmass included?

#36 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Do you think the birdcage can cut the entire island to pieces, the landmass included?

Very likely, as it can cut through steel or freaking meteors with ease.

However, Doffy would never do that since he can't swim.

#37 superfranky

superfranky

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:42 PM

Very likely, as it can cut through steel or freaking meteors with ease.

However, Doffy would never do that since he can't swim.

He can fly so swimming isn't needed

#38 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

I think that was just Oda trying to hype. At the end he contracted it, could've contracted it as soon as he used BC if he wanted.

Maybe. But still a guess so...I actually think if there's a move DD can use to cut island in combat, it would be Overheat. There's no time constrain and the range is huge. But yeah, until we see him actually does that...

If I cut someone's PS3 in half it is destroyed. Destroy actually covers ''cut in half'', ''smash'', ''pulverize'' etc. as long as it makes the object terribly out of shape/function or outright ends its existence (though that doesn't mean it's irreparable since this is a fantasy/magic story and there can be powers that do that). That's why I said

And even so, that's still something only WB did (without prep or help). So my point still stands regardless.

If WB destroyed MF he'd drown.

You are never going to see anyone destroy an island. They would die.

See above for destroy's meaning!

And NOPE. He can leave only his footing/stand on some big rubble for example. Plus it's clear WB can do worse to the island since his quake can affect an area much bigger than the island (see the ocean being tilted and whatnot). Now that's what we call ''feat''! On the other hand the other guys either have not even shown an island-ranged technique or have island-ranged powers but isn't guaranteed to ''destroy'' it due to the nature of their technique.

What? Flying? Using Geppou? DD's hanging by threads? Fuji's power? What have you been reading in One Piece? No no, what have you been thinking when you wrote? You wrote yourself you thought Fuji is an island-buster and then you forget his power that lets him stay on some floating-in-the-air rubble?

Sadly not even logic or common sense support you this time. Logic says that if you don't see someone fighting or at least hear about the details or any other means then you don't know what's going on. So since we haven't seen Akainu vs Aokiji yet, we can't say they didn't try or whatever. Of course, we can't say they did try, either but that's why I always say ''if we don't know then we don't know. No need for assumption''.

As for the magma fist rain and the freezing, one doesn't even cover half the island and there's no evidence as to where that technique ranks among Akainu's arsenal while the other just...freezes.

Yeah, it...freezes the island. And probably kills the citizens, animals, plants, machines etc.

And so? Don't dodge by semantic. While we didn't have the same definition of destroy, you know what I mean by ''does''. I made sure to mention the specific action done to the island as shown above with Fujitora and YOU WERE the one talking about Aokiji punching the ice to collapse/destroy the island

If he punched a frozen island he'd probably break it in pieces.

Know your own post!

First of all, just because someone can lift doesn't mean he can push down. Fuji can push down but we know because we SAW him did it. Not just because he can lift.

And then talk about oversimplification!

Because someone can lift 5kg (AlabastaUsopp) means he can sink a whole building into the ground? Not even AlabastaZolo could do that. He could lift a house but not drive it like a nail. Because someone can lift most of the building on an island means he can sink or destroy the whole island? Sure Fuji can lift and push down, but aren't you forgetting the object that he's doing those things on? 

And yeah, Fuji looked like he was doing it casually but that doesn't mean he only used a fraction of his power. He might have used all his DF power for all we know. Characters don't have to clench their teeth or look constipated to show they are using full strength. Of course, there are times when we can see the character doesn't even try but in this case it's not so clear.

#39 Cawickeng

Cawickeng

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:49 AM

It didn't necessarily destroy the island of Dressrosa. What I'm talking about is something closer to what Whitebeard or Moria 12 did. Doflamingo destroyed Dressrosa the city, but I don't know if he has the feats to destroy the actual island. That's what I'm skeptical of, unless there are feats to convince me otherwise.

Yes it's quite clear that Doflamingo was only capable of destroy what was ON the island, but not the island itself (Semi Perfect Cell style).  Only Whitebeard/Blackbeard have the capability to sink/'bust' an island in One Piece (their fruit is the most destructive Paramecia).  Also Enel (most destructive Logia alongside the Yami Yami no Mi).  Ace and Blackbeard could also easily accomplish what the Bird Cage took an hour to do. Same as Akainu and Aokiji. In fact, they did.

Moria, on the other hand, couldn't.  Thriller Bark isn't an actual island, it's man-made, artificial.  Wood is much easier to split in two because it has limited depth.   

Edited by Cawickeng, 16 November 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#40 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

Also Enel (most destructive Logia alongside the Yami Yami no Mi).

Enel's only shown the capability to destroy a Sky Island, which is easier to destroy than an island on the Blue Seas (I assume we're using "typical" islands like Dressrosa as the benchmark)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users