#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

All DC Animated Movies go here.

Rules in the TV and Movies apply here as well.

To reiterate, only Animated Movies. TV series go in their respective threads in the anime section.

From DCCU thread -

But on a serious note, why does it feature Batwoman and fake Batwing as oppose to Barbara/Oracle, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown or Jason Todd. Why is Grayson Batman in the first place, did Batman die/get sent through time like in the comic or is he just missing, what story is this taken from? :huh: Battle for the Cowl?

I believe it is taken off "Battle for the Cowl".

Without Red Robin & Red Hood? :huh: How're they gonna explain Batman's disappearance? Anything short of time displacement seems trivial. They shat on other storylines, why should this be different?

Edited by DarkNemesis, 10 November 2015 - 10:34 AM.

• Royal_King and Red Opus like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Honestly not surprised some members are not in the movie. It would be come cluttered if every member of the bat family was involved and it seems to be using it's own story and just based loosely on battle forthe cowl based on the trailer.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#3 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:23 AM

It didn't need every Batfamily member. Just the ones that..you know, mattered. Batwing doesn't matter. Batwoman doesn't matter to the family. Tim and Jason (Barbara too but she doesn't matter much in this particular story that they're adapting), do matter. It's a double edged sword for me. I'm happy we have more Damian but there's still none of the relationships that made me love the Batfamily so much :cry:

#4 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:25 AM

That's subjective to be honest. I would imagine batwomaman has fans just as every member of the bat family does. I like the idea that other members are getting screen time. Comparatively speaking most of the members you speak of have been in multiple cartoons and in comparison Damien has only been in a few and now batwing and batwomaman are getting their if I am correct their official first appearance outside comics.

I like the idea of less known characters getting some time in the spotlight for a change compared to the same people over and over again. I even like the idea if nightwing being batman because we have had a lot of Bruce batman and should have something different once in a while from the DC universe.

#5 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

Batwoman doesn't matter to the family.

Not unless your Dan DiDio. Who wants to make Bat themed anything part of the Batman Family.

Regardless if the characters have or want a relation with them. In which case Batwoman wasn't nor wanted too.

• Blue22 likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#6 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:53 AM

That's subjective to be honest. I would imagine batwomaman has fans just as every member of the bat family does.

Oh, I know Batwoman has fans. People freakin love her. Batwing has fans too, I'm one of them. When I said she didn't matter to the family, I meant that In-Universe, she's pretty distant from them. She's pretty much only a member because she has Bat in her name. Catwoman is a closer family member than her.

I like the idea that other members are getting screen time. Comparatively speaking most of the members you speak of have been in multiple cartoons and in comparison Damien has only been in a few and now batwing and batwomaman are getting their if I am correct their official first appearance outside comics.

I like the idea of less known characters getting some time in the spotlight for a change compared to the same people over and over again. I even like the idea if nightwing being batman because we have had a lot of Bruce batman and should have something different once in a while from the DC universe.

Usually I'm all for lesser known characters getting their time to shine....but I think they shoulda been saved for another movie. Loose as it is, the stories being adapted for this movie are all ones that Tim and/or Jason were all heavily involved in (totally not just biased because Battle for the Cowl is one of my favorite stories XD)

But I think what really got me about this movie was when they first showed the trailer at NYCC, people asked about Tim and Jason and their response was that they do exist in that Universe but neither of them are or have ever been Robin...what!? WTF is going on!? Why do I even care? Those two are my least favorite Robins! But I love the Batfamily so much! I just wanna see the core members interact with each other outside of the comics! :cry:

#7 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

It is not exactly battle of the cowl it is just a loose adaptation of it does not have to follow every action of the comic. That was part of the problem with court of owls. It tried to follow the comics to close while being different.

This movie is different enough that even if it is based on battle of the cowl the trailer has done enough to make it it's own movie that spending time comparing the two would be silly since the movie is following its own plot regarding nightwing becoming batman and the fight to be his successor.

If this was a series of movies then more of the cast and a closer rendition of the events in the comic since it would be a lot to cover in one movie.

I guess I am just taking a realistic stance and the knowledge that if we included all the characters from the comic it would turn into a mess and not do all the characters proper justice.

#8 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hence why we don't include all the characters. Save Batwoman and Batwing for something else.

Edited by Blue22, 10 November 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#9 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hence why we don't include all the characters. Save Batwoman and Batwing for something else.

I missed the point I made really. Using the main people of the battle of the cowl would still be cluttered with or without them.

Dick Grayson
Jason Todd
Tim Drake
Damian Wayne
Black Mask
Batman Family
Club of Heroes

Huntress

Catwoman

Black Canary

etc..

This story covered in eighteen comics for the main story-line. It would not work for a single lets assume an hour or a bit less movie.

Option A - gut the movie and do a terrible copy of the arc by cutting down to the bear essentials of the movie. 

Option B - Include everyone and it becomes a complete mess because of time constraints.

Option C - Just take the basic idea and make a new plot with the same base idea of the arc. The cast decision does not matter by that point because it would be making it slightly different story. Save for something else is a terrible reason because the characters might as well get the depute eventually. I am a sooner instead of later type of person. 

Honestly I prefer C which passed on the trailer it looks like an option C. 

#10 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

It can be a loose interpretation of Battle of the Cowl like they're doing now. It could be exactly what they're already doing. Just switch Batwoman and Batwing out for Red Robin and Red Hood.

• DarkNemesis likes this

#11 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

Just switch Batwoman and Batwing out for Red Robin and Red Hood.

Technically speaking.

They seem to already be in there, in some way or another.

Batwoman is using guns (not non lethal ones either), and seems somewhat moody. Which seems like Jason Todd.

Batwing is the tech and gadget guy. Which is basically what Tim is.

So they are there. Just under new skin and gender.

At least from my prospective on the trailer, that is.

Edited by Narubi, 10 November 2015 - 11:16 PM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#12 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:23 PM

It can be a loose interpretation of Battle of the Cowl like they're doing now. It could be exactly what they're already doing. Just switch Batwoman and Batwing out for Red Robin and Red Hood.

No that be an exct copy and paste of the comic arc just watered down version of it. If people really want that then that should be a series of movies not one movie.

#13 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:47 PM

No that be an exct copy and paste of the comic arc just watered down version of it. If people really want that then that should be a series of movies not one movie.

You make no sense. What difference would it make if they replaced 2 random characters with 2 better known characters, why would the story have to be any different? The most that would have to be changed is character interactions.

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#14 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:57 PM

Batwoman isn't as "random" as Batwing is. But the thing is....Batwoman has no place in any kind of Batfamily movie. Not when she's usually as distant from them as anyone could be....which always made me wonder why she didn't just choose a different hero identity.

#15 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:06 AM

Therefore she's a random character to include in a Batman movie. It doesn't fit her character as you elaborated.

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#16 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:16 AM

You make no sense. What difference would it make if they replaced 2 random characters with 2 better known characters, why would the story have to be any different? The most that would have to be changed is character interactions.

No it is replacing two Characters with two that would fit the narrative of battle of the cowl to close to the point where it just becomes a watered down version of battle of the cowl. Not sure how that does not make sense to anyone.

Maybe it's just me, but instead of doing watered down versions of adaptations with less characters and characters getting less focus it better to just take the base idea of a plot and make their own spin on it. Based on the trailer it looks like it in not just going to be a bit of a different story without looking like the water down version of what happened in the comics.

Batwoman isn't as "random" as Batwing is. But the thing is....Batwoman has no place in any kind of Batfamily movie. Not when she's usually as distant from them as anyone could be....which always made me wonder why she didn't just choose a different hero identity.

Therefore she's a random character to include in a Batman movie. It doesn't fit her character as you elaborated.

Unless every version of said character is that distant that does not exactly mean this one does not get a chance to be different.

Has not been the first time there were different versions of characters.

Old comics batman killed people.

#17 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

The New 52 version of Batwoman explains that really well. The 1st 3 volumes anyway.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

This is why I love Nightwing lol....I still don't like how Alfred blocked "her" like that lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

Voice Cast for Justice League vs. Teen Titans Animated Movie Announced

http://comicbook.com...ted-movie-anno/

• Hooded Crow and Tokoya like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#20 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

Voice Cast for Justice League vs. Teen Titans Animated Movie Announced

http://comicbook.com...ted-movie-anno/

My body is so ready for this movie

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users