HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#42 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Oh come on. Her design isn't that bad. At least she doesn't look anywhere near as tacky as New 52 Raven (speaking of which, can we all take a second to thank God that they didn't give her that costume for this movie)

#43 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,227 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:38 PM

Oh come on. Her design isn't that bad. At least she doesn't look anywhere near as tacky as New 52 Raven (speaking of which, can we all take a second to thank God that they didn't give her that costume for this movie)

:o  :o  :o

I have no words for that.  Nothing.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#44 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

The helmet kinda reminds me of the head of a pride demon.

Spoiler

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#45 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

I guess that would make sense since, out of Trigon's 7 children, she represented the sin of Pride. The costume is still ugly as fuck though. They could make Beast Boy green again but they couldn't take Raven out of her emo big bird outfit -____-

#46 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

Wondering about the DC anime, are they based off of actual comics(canon) or are they done independently( i saw that some are based off canon but was wondering if all of them are actually canon?) Thanks, dont follow the comics is all(for instance the new Batman Bad Blood?)

Edited by Doan, 22 January 2016 - 08:41 PM.

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#47 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:57 PM

Comic book adaptions (whether they be movies, television shows, or video games) are always usually a mixture of canon stories and their own thing. They're all based on the canon material but there isn't a single one that follows the comics' stories note for note. It's a lot different than adapting an anime from a manga, but when you have literally decades of history, stories, and an infinite amount of universes to work with (seriously, the multiverse is a thing in both DC and Marvel), that's usually a given.

Edited by Blue22, 22 January 2016 - 08:59 PM.

• Doan likes this

#48 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

Comic book adaptions (whether they be movies, television shows, or video games) are always usually a mixture of canon stories and their own thing. They're all based on the canon material but there isn't a single one that follows the comics' stories note for note. It's a lot different than adapting an anime from a manga, but when you have literally decades of history, stories, and an infinite amount of universes to work with (seriously, the multiverse is a thing in both DC and Marvel), that's usually a given.

that's is why I was asking, cause i dont follow the comics but just wanted a quick answer and thanks (yeah i know some go on for a while but just wanted an answer, again thanks)

Also, i give it up to you guys/gals that keep up with all this stuff because it seems to go off into many directions and that would throw me off and you still follow, props to you

Edited by Doan, 22 January 2016 - 09:09 PM.

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#49 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Lol yeah it gets pretty convoluted and confusing at times. Especially since older comics aren't as easy to come by as manga. Sometimes you gotta rely on wikis, tumblr pages, and adaptions to know the story behind certain things. But if you ever want even a basic knowledge of comics, I suggest checking out this guy's channel. He's good for getting in depth histories of comic characters and events.

https://www.youtube....FClb0-OPz8_QGQQ

Edited by Blue22, 22 January 2016 - 09:17 PM.

• Doan likes this

#50 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationThe Batcave

Posted 23 January 2016 - 07:40 PM

Just watched Bad Blood. Of course I enjoyed it, loved to see the bat family in action, and waiting for a batgirl movie I guess? I hope so. 

Spoiler

zfTTS4U.jpg

#51 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:02 AM

Just watched Bad Blood. Of course I enjoyed it, loved to see the bat family in action, and waiting for a batgirl movie I guess? I hope so. 

Batman: The Killing Joke is the next DC animated movie. Enjoy. :D

Edited by Urek Mazino, 24 January 2016 - 12:04 AM.

• Hooded Crow and Blue22 like this

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#52 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:04 AM

Batman: The Killing Joke is the next DC movie. Enjoy. :D

I'm already disappointed. There's no way DCAU does any type of justice to that story.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#53 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

I'm already disappointed. There's no way DCAU does any type of justice to that story.

I'm almost certain it's gonna be a standalone film and not part of the DCAU, for two reasons:

Spoiler

#54 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:10 AM

I'm hoping it's similarly done to Batman: Year One & The Dark Knight Returns, just ripped straight from the comic and intended for more mature audiences.

• Tokoya and DarkNemesis like this

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#55 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,088 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:22 AM

Year One was awesome. I hope they do The Long Halloween and Dark Victory as a straight adaptation.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#56 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:19 AM

Year One was awesome. I hope they do The Long Halloween and Dark Victory as a straight adaptation.

That would be great since I haven't gotten around to reading those yet, so it'd save me the effort, although it'd still take quite some time even if they announced those movies tomorrow so it may be best to just read them. :<_<:

• DarkNemesis likes this

g6U8Sto.jpg?1

#57 Hooded Crow

Hooded Crow

Robin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts
  • LocationThe Batcave

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

The killing joke would be an awesome movie even if it is a standalone, but I don't think it would be.

Spoiler

Spoiler

zfTTS4U.jpg

#58 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

• Hooded Crow, Tokoya, Blue22 and 2 others like this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#59 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

Love. Looooove. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEE!

#60 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,942 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Full trailer hype

• Doan and Darthwin like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users