tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

Astronauts to eat their own poop.

http://www.scienceal...-poop-into-food

How many kids will want to be an astronaut if this become a reality?

Maybe this should had been posted on general chit chat, my bad

Edited by tenchu, 18 November 2015 - 11:27 AM.

24gvaiu.jpg

#2 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

Personally, I very optimistically believe that once human learns how to recycle waste efficiently we will be far better off. And not just human waste. Industrial waste and other types as well. But honestly, we already recycle urine. So this is a logical step. Granted it's not a step I would voluntarily take. But it is a logical step nonetheless.

But did you know that holograms now have haptic feedback? Ion engines, warp bubbles, quantum teleporation, and now this. .... Where's my tri-quarter?!

Edited by DarkNemesis, 05 December 2015 - 05:21 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#3 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

But did you know that holograms now have haptic feedback? Ion engines, warp bubbles, quantum teleporation, and now this. .... Where's my tri-quarter?!

Sources? (No idea what any of those are and would like to read).

#4 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

Ion engine

Warp engine created by warp bubble.

Quantum teleportation.

Haptic holograms.

Bonus: Self-propelling engine with no external energy needed?

More Bonus: Nuclear Fusion closer to being a reality.

@Tale... I'll be truly surprised if you haven't even skimmed some of these articles (or similar ones) before.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 08 December 2015 - 09:04 AM.

• Tale likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#5 NGEFan

NGEFan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:19 AM

I just feel the need to say that I see this exact thing get thrown around every single year and of course the slightest deeper investigation always shows "oops, turns out the law of conservation of energy does exist!" and it's past the point of hilarity into tiresome for me at this point.  I'm starting to really wonder how this idea keeps getting taken seriously even at this level such as in your link from a year and a half ago, perpetual motion machines are just not going to happen ever ok?

#6 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:01 AM

perpetual motion machines are just not going to happen ever ok?

:(

But we still benefit from trying though. :)

And as far as the link goes, I don't think the mechanics of the microwave-engine has been debunked yet. Has it?

Spoiler

#7 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:22 PM

@Tale... I'll be truly surprised if you haven't even skimmed some of these articles (or similar ones) before.

I've heard of a couple of them, just under different names.  :lol: The rest are new to me.

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:03 AM

@Tale - We're also closer to Nuclear FUSION than ever before. :)

And South Korea has created the first true 3D (360°) hologram.

Shout Out to @Zeando :kakashi:

Edited by DarkNemesis, 08 December 2015 - 09:53 AM.

Spoiler

#9 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

" 360° " oh, i see :lmao:

there was also this site about technology

http://www.technologyreview.com

there was an interesting article around one year ago about developments on the artificial intelligences

http://www.technolog...l-intelligence/

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#10 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

It's interesting. The US says that it no longer is going to be build a successor to the ISS. But it could it be because the Russia is planning to build a permanent moon base in 2030? It sounds as if another space war is looming. And oddly, I'm really hope it is. That's means that all the green tech that we're creating and strides in fusion will kick into high gear. Science, math, and technology are going to get a huge boost in funding and resources at least for 2 decades after whenever this starts.

Spoiler

#11 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

SpaceX makes history with 1st rocket section to go into space and return to Earth... intact!

Now that is exciting for Space travel and the space industry period. I hope that they get the floating-ocean platform rocket test successful as well. I think the Science of Reusability, especially Efficient Reusability will now accelerate because of this.

Spoiler

#12 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:19 PM

https://www.washingt...e-solar-system/

That's a big planet.

#13 kame d. kaze

kame d. kaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Do you think space can/should be equally shared? Will it create a bigger arms race? I mean we will definitely be mining other cosmic bodies in the future if we can advance that far before going extinct.

#14 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

Do you think space can/should be equally shared? Will it create a bigger arms race? I mean we will definitely be mining other cosmic bodies in the future if we can advance that far before going extinct.

equal shares of infinit is infinity so.

unless people get really really greedy
  • Otaku-N. likes this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#15 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:03 AM

no Kame D. kaze. If space were to be equally shared, it would mean that countries who are more advance in that technology would be limited by countries who cant even feed themselves and have no plans or abilities to use space. 

24gvaiu.jpg

#16 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:35 AM

Also the consideration that conquest of said space may spur the wrath of some distant as-of-yet unknown space people. 

Then again, it's not like we seem to care. 

https://www.washingt...e-solar-system/

That's a big planet.

I can't wait for this one to get de-moted/bunked as well. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#17 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

google maps and street view, is nobody impressed by this thing?. I know it has been out for a while but man, this convenient technology is still impressive. and the fact that google tries to update their street view, that takes commitment. I bet very soon that they will send drones to take the photos instead of the google car

24gvaiu.jpg

#18 kame d. kaze

kame d. kaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:20 AM

Bio fuels from algae. Trying to create a mini sun, which is a collaboration between EU, China, and USA. Solar panels in UAE, an oil rich country. And so many other forms of energy are being researched. The future seems so amazing. Man, it's depressing that I won't get to see a lot of great changes within my lifetime. :( Unless of course humanity dies off somehow, then the future sucks. :lolxg:

#19 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

I wonder if we'll live long enough to see people mining on an asteroid. I wonder if we'll live long enough to see anyone come up with a solution to cleaning up all the space junk around Earth.

• kame d. kaze likes this

Spoiler

#20 kame d. kaze

kame d. kaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:37 AM

I wonder if I'll live to see the day we ship all the trash we create to another planet so that our planet remains fresh and clean. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users