143 replies to this topic

#41 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

A computer scientist claims that the human brain is wired to predict the future. Article and video here.

Video is Ray Kurzweil and Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking about this on StarTalk.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 10 March 2016 - 11:09 PM.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#42 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:27 AM

AlphaGo won it's third straight game and has thus basically won the war so to speak. Here's the game:

I've been watching the live streams at my university since they have much better internet. I left before the conference since there's a significant wait and didn't feel like posting yesterday. I have the 4th match on a separate tab. I'll leave after the match but hopefully post it today after the press conference.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#43 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:28 AM

Are you a Go player? @Urek Mazino

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#44 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

Are you a Go player? @Urek Mazino

Not even close, I don't play board games. I'm just interested in this as a milestone for AI. I payed most of my attention to the 1st & 2nd game but I just now read 6 chapters of manga while the 4th game was muted in another tab and plan to read another manga again. As I said, AlphaGo won overall and now we're just left to wait for the next big proof of a breakthrough, in terms of gaming applications I've seen the founder of DeepMind expressing interest in tackling Star Craft and other people have posited No-limit poker as a new target. Things like those that can be spectated are nice but I'm more looking forward to practical and useful applications, in the same interview with the founder of DeepMind he expressed interest in as many things such as improving phone assistants (Google Now, Siri, Cortana, etc), improving healthcare data analysis for better diagnoses (which can be applied to Verily, Alphabet's life science division) and improving robotic learning (which can be applied to Alphabet's self-driving car initiative and Replicant, their robot division). 

All-in-all, it's pretty exciting times. There'll probably be a significant wait before any of the things I mentioned above so I'll be looking to other improvements.

Here's the interview I was talking about: http://www.theverge....gle-deepmind-ai

According to the commentators, Lee Sedol is in the lead for this match. It's pretty close to the end for Lee Sedol in term of the time he's been allotted. He's used up his initial 2 hours and 2 of his 1 minute overtime turns thereafter. AlphaGo still has 40 minutes left before it get into it's overtime moves. 

About the overtime, the player gets three one minute time intervals to make their next move, they lose a time interval if they exceed the one minute time interval and thus use the next one minute and so on. If you make a move in less than one minute of any time interval it get reset to a full one minute again. Hopefully I explained that well enough.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#45 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:46 AM

Lee Sedol finally won.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#46 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:09 AM

Machines: 4

Humans: 1

The fucking Matrix, Terminator, i'Robot, all that shit is officially happening people.

Here's match 4, the one where Lee Sedol won:

Match 5 just ended and there's another interlude until the press conference which should be longer than the others.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 15 March 2016 - 04:10 AM.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#47 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

I guess they'll be throwing AlphaGo against all the Go masters now huh?

Spoiler

#48 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:50 AM

Is anybody else not buying into the Jibo hype? I've been skeptical about it since the beginning but with each month it seems less likely that they will be able to deliver on what they promised two years ago. Between that and the continued delays I expect some serious backlash whenever it finally comes out :lol:

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#49 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:02 AM

Well I don't think they can beat the current fiasco that is Tay.

http://arstechnica.c...ns-into-a-nazi/

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#50 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,284 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

Great. So AI are naturally inclined to be Nazis? No bueno.

Is anybody else not buying into the Jibo hype?

What's a Jibo?

Spoiler

#51 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:28 AM

What's a Jibo?

It's a social robot for the home that was promoted in 2014 and raised millions as a kickstarter on Indiegogo, it's well past the original deadline and most people are worried that it's current technological capabilities are nowhere near what was originally promised. The stuff in the video is fake btw...but it looked good enough for people to throw a bunch of money at without knowing what it could actually do. Even now we haven't seen much and the little that we have seen isn't very impressive.

Edited by Kid Frost, 25 March 2016 - 08:28 AM.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#52 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:04 AM

Great. So AI are naturally inclined to be Nazis? No bueno.

No, trolls were just faster and had better numbers than the well meaning here. When unsavoury inputs are all that's known, what's the obvious result? Hence Tay turned Cray.

I'm kinda curious if it would have ever levelled out, given time.
  • DarkNemesis and Urek Mazino like this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#53 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

No, trolls were just faster and had better numbers than the well meaning here. When unsavoury inputs are all that's known, what's the obvious result? Hence Tay turned Cray.

but who were trolls? the people asking questions or the people who programmed the thing?

To be quite honest i don't like this AI type thing, if it can easilly be manipulated, imagine if it had true power.

24gvaiu.jpg

#54 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:58 AM

^This

But this was bad decision from MS in the first place. There's a reason that Facebook didn't let some sort of AI learn from FB, instead they gave it a shitton of children's books as an input. Google feeds there "AI's" innocuous pictures, speech data and other things to improve their products. Deepmind fed their AI the pixels and score from Atari games to teach it how to play as well as million upon millions of Go/Weiqi/Baduk games to teach it the game. If an AI is fed well structured and supervised data sets, they can do very impressive and cool things. Tay was certainly impressive but not cool.

but who were trolls? the people asking questions or the people who programmed the thing?

To be quite honest i don't like this AI type thing, if it can easilly be manipulated, imagine if it had true power.

Obviously the people asking the question. The programmers just made it in such a way that it learns from the numerous inputs it receives from the denizens of Twitter. I noted all the other kinds of inputs FB & Google chose to teach their numerous AI's which didn't do anything shocking like Tay. I forgot to mention whatever AI is used in Google's self-driving cars.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#55 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

Obviously the people asking the question. The programmers just made it in such a way that it learns from the numerous inputs it receives from the denizens of Twitter. I noted all the other kinds of inputs FB & Google chose to teach their numerous AI's which didn't do anything shocking like Tay. I forgot to mention whatever AI is used in Google's self-driving cars.
but that was stupid, you gonna make an ai learn from internet trolls?. learning starts at home. oh watch out who you hang out with. Ai started hanging out with trolls
  • retroluffy13 likes this

24gvaiu.jpg

#56 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Keeper of the Beasts

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:42 AM

but that was stupid, you gonna make an ai learn from internet trolls?. learning starts at home. oh watch out who you hang out with. Ai started hanging out with trolls

ths point is so simple yet so brilliant.

why DONT programmers treat ai like children? would anyone expect to subject a child to the world without first teaching it how to interact?

Edited by retroluffy13, 26 March 2016 - 08:43 AM.

• DarkNemesis and tenchu like this

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#57 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:58 AM

Why are most cars bursting into flame after crashes?, Are cars been built the wrong way?. This is a problem because a lot of people are dying by the flames rather than the crash.

24gvaiu.jpg

#58 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:14 AM

How about you elaborate on your topic. Are you talking about any particular brand or type of car in particular such as ICE's or BEV's. Is there some kind of recent spike compared to the entire history of cars? Links would help to understand context.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#59 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:31 AM

How about you elaborate on your topic. Are you talking about any particular brand or type of car in particular such as ICE's or BEV's. Is there some kind of recent spike compared to the entire history of cars? Links would help to understand context.

to be quite honest I have not done the research of rate before and rates now, but almost everytime I search or read about a car crashed, I see a half-burned car and victims burned. Im wondering if there's a way to lower or prevent cars from bursting into flames after crashes

24gvaiu.jpg

#60 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

Using non-flammable fuel & materials would be a start.

• retroluffy13 and tenchu like this

XE6c6KC.png?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users