1535 replies to this topic

#1521 Masked Rider

Masked Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

One would assume he was dissapointed *after* he bought it, rather than playing it getting dissapointed and then buying it anyways for no reason when he was done.

depending on when he was disappointed he could have just thrown it back to the abyss. But Yoko Taro has always done absurdly messed up "edgy" characters, if he didn't like it then why buy it?

#1522 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

@DaEvilWithin

Spoiler

#1523 Masked Rider

Masked Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationWhere?

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:47 AM

I'm scared, it's like these deals are directly targeting me.

#1524 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12595 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:12 AM

@Revenant
Spoiler

I'll happily read your reply but I think this post is my limit in terms of trying to get my point across. I think your statement of needing to be won over is evidence enough of what I was saying earlier about not being generous enough to Yoko Taro to enjoy the world and the characters. It's basically the opposite of being generous. :P

#1525 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4566 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

https://youtu.be/ZOukNzbPMCQ

#1526 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12390 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Okay for real what the fuck is happening with videos not embedding.

• Chillman likes this

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#1527 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:00 PM

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#1528 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Where are the MORALS tho!?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7390 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

If I recall correctly if you post YT links with the URL function that happens, if you just copy paste the Video will show up in the post.

KSHl4jh.png

#1529 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

God, it's just impossible to discuss Far Cry 5 right now. Every one is too ass blasted because the villains are apparently part of an extremist Christian millitia.

There's only been a cover art released. No trailer, no nothing. But people will always manage to find something that will offend their weak sensibilities.
  • Urek Mazino likes this

#1530 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

God, it's just impossible to discuss Far Cry 5 right now. Every one is too ass blasted because the villains are apparently part of an extremist Christian millitia.

There's only been a cover art released. No trailer, no nothing. But people will always manage to find something that will offend their weak sensibilities.

What are the most salient points raised by these people, I've heard of the kerfuffle but haven't bothered to explore it. If I had even one problem with the concept for the game is that it's a concept I've seen many times Like True Detective S1 and Outlast 2 but I have no problem with Ubi taking a crack at it since I loved Farcry 3 and cult stories are always quite interesting to me.

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#1531 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

At long last, Owl Boy has been confirmed to be coming to the Switch. For anyone who's never seen it, or heard of it, I've included the trailer in the spoiler below. A release date hasn't been announced yet for it, but suffice to say, I'm happy and I'll be downloading day 1 (assuming I have the Switch by then).

Spoiler

Edited by FongShwei69, 25 May 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#1532 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 AM

Switch now confirmed for MH series
http://www.capcom.co...for_the_switch/

http://nintendoevery...ming-to-switch/

Edited by YyAoMmIi, Yesterday, 12:06 AM.

#1533 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:12 AM

What are the most salient points raised by these people, I've heard of the kerfuffle but haven't bothered to explore it. If I had even one problem with the concept for the game is that it's a concept I've seen many times Like True Detective S1 and Outlast 2 but I have no problem with Ubi taking a crack at it since I loved Farcry 3 and cult stories are always quite interesting to me.

Oh they're taking it super fucking personal, like Ubisoft was trying to attack christianity or white people or whatever the fuck. I know that there are some crazy leftist idiots out there who basically write hate speech attacking those groups, but I don't think Far Cry as a whole has ever been political at all. The main point of the series is to put the player in a place where that kind of shit has no meaning whatsoever. There's no moral lesson to be learned from the villains in these games, they're all insane people that have little regard for human life, albeit they have their own philosophies on why they are that way. Far Cry has always treated their villains with the utmost respect, so much that they always end up being way more interesting and charismatic than the "heroes".

But let's say that it does happen. Let's assume that the game ends up trying to make it's villains just be a huge, shallow strawman of right wing Christians. There's no way we can just assume that just yet. There has been no trailer, we know basically nothing about the game, and everyone is already losing their marbles. I don't think it will turn out like that, though. I have high hopes for this game.

#1534 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 AM

Oh they're taking it super fucking personal, like Ubisoft was trying to attack christianity or white people or whatever the fuck. I know that there are some crazy leftist idiots out there who basically write hate speech attacking those groups, but I don't think Far Cry as a whole has ever been political at all. The main point of the series is to put the player in a place where that kind of shit has no meaning whatsoever. There's no moral lesson to be learned from the villains in these games, they're all insane people that have little regard for human life, albeit they have their own philosophies on why they are that way. Far Cry has always treated their villains with the utmost respect, so much that they always end up being way more interesting and charismatic than the "heroes".

But let's say that it does happen. Let's assume that the game ends up trying to make it's villains just be a huge, shallow strawman of right wing Christians. There's no way we can just assume that just yet. There has been no trailer, we know basically nothing about the game, and everyone is already losing their marbles. I don't think it will turn out like that, though. I have high hopes for this game.

That's pretty typical of the current oversensitive culture we live in right now. It's quite clearly based on a cult as far as I can tell from the single picture I've seen. I also don't get what's wrong with an antagonistic organisation primarily comprised of a specific race, it's pretty much par for the course in most games but I've never noticed anyone complaining then. In those cases it primarily focuses on a niche sect of extremist people that's non-representative of the rest of the race so why would people assume otherwise in this instance? Just because of Trump and far left/right extremist politics being super popular as of late? I'm sure this game's been in development long before the current political climate.

I won't rush to say I have high hopes but I'm certainly really looking forward to finding out more, especially about the main antagonist as you've noted they've treated with respect in these games.

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#1535 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted Yesterday, 08:01 AM

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#1536 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

So arms test fire

My opinions changed
I thought I liked it
Then lost so many time at the start since I didn't know controls.
Sl and Sr button are facing TV screen when I been holding like regular joycons

Handheld mode had smoother controls. You just can't curve both arms at once

Tried regular mode again, after I understood conttol. Better win rate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users