#1 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,613 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

We're a few days from the end of 2015, and like every year, it was a year with anime in it. Some good, some bad, most not watched (unless your name is Tokoya...). I have no idea how to word this post in a way that doesn't sound like a survey. Thus, a survey.

General

1. What did you watch this year? Both airing this year and already completed.

2. What were your favorites?

3. Which anime do you believe deserved more praise?

4. Which anime do you believe deserved more criticism?

5. Anime that you feel has objective -- if there is such a thing; feel free to discuss -- merit but you didn't like?

6. Anime that you feel was objectively nonsense but liked regardless?

7. What do you wish / expect from 2016?

Clubhouse Related

1. How do you feel about the choices for shows so far? I'll admit that Fall 2015's selection was kind of half-assed by me because of all my work, but the other three seasons should have been fine.

2. Favorite series we've picked? Per season if you wish.

3. Favorite series we haven't picked? Again, per season if you wish.

4. Genres / themes you would like us to focus on more?

5. Any suggestions in terms of incentives to stir the discussion pot a bit more? I was thinking awards (which I still owe to a few members), but I'm not sure if that is cool enough.

• Tokoya, Fulmine, FrostyMouse and 3 others like this

#2 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:33 PM

I'm only counting series I finished and are not currently ongoing.

General

1) Good god-- please don't ask me to make up a list. I'm just glad I lived in a year in which Jojo was awesome, Satou finally bit the bullet, and UBW didn't suck.

2) ******* Jojo, Rokka no Yuusha... Euphonium was pretty great. Definitely Working!!, and... Junketsu no Maria.

3) No praise is enough for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Just the fact that it was well received in spite of its utter lack of moe-centric themes nowadays is great, but the entire show itself is rewatchable as all hell. Keep them coming.

4) I'm honestly kind of pissed that Prisma Illya 2wei got enough recognition to merit yet another season. I love the manga to pieces, and it just hurts to see what the anime has turned it into.

5) Death Parade. Great everything, particularly that freaking spectacular OP song, but I hate any series that takes itself too seriously unless it's REALLY interesting, and this just bored me... save for that one episode with the idol. That was great.

6) Classroom Crisis was cheaply budgeted and utterly uneventful, but totally worth watching for me.

ClubHouse

1) Honestly I believe any choice made based on previews and only one episode is bound to end up in explosive failure more often than not, but it's not something you can fix. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get something fun to talk about. Keep it up.

2) Rokka no Yuusha, easily.

3) If it's just about what I liked, it'd be Jojo, but its not a very conversation friendly series.

4) Do what you like. Anything worth speculation should be fun. Sadly, any mystery shows that are not adapted from something and are therefore spoilable are hard to find. If you get one, make sure you grab it.

5) I already have title changing powers, so I can't think of anything that would please me. By that same token, I guess you could offer that privilege to other people.

Edited by Athos, 29 December 2015 - 02:38 PM.

samisig.jpg

#3 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts
  • Locationyour broad

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

It was a really shit year.
  • ryuzaki07, Sasuke K and NGEFan like this

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:45 PM

Okay, let me start off by saying that this year imo was way better than last year for sure and that every season had at least 5 great anime that came out

First to answer the questions asked by @DaEvilWithin

General
5. Anime that you feel has objective -- if there is such a thing; feel free to discuss -- merit but you didn't like?

Clubhouse Related
1. How do you feel about the choices for shows so far? I'll admit that Fall 2015's selection was kind of half-assed by me because of all my work, but the other three seasons should have been fine.
5. Any suggestions in terms of incentives to stir the discussion pot a bit more? I was thinking awards (which I still owe to a few members), but I'm not sure if that is cool enough.
General:

1. Almost everything lol

2. My favorites from each season would be: Death Parade, Shokugeki no Souma, Rokka no Yuusha and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

3. From each season: Junketsu no Maria, Punchline, Classroom Crisis and Concrete Revolutio

4. From each season: Yuri Kuma, Ore Monogatari, Gakkou Gurashi and Comet Lucifer (Biggest disappointment of the year for me)

5. Gatchaman Crowds 

6. Bikini Warriors and Valkyrie Drive (lol  :perv: )

Clubhouse Related:

1. They've been great choices imo including for the fall because both The Perfect Insider and Concrete Revolutio are easily top 5 material of the fall season imo

2. Death Parade, Kekkai Sensen, Rokka no Yuusha and Concrete Revolutio

3. Assassination Classroom, Punchline, Classroom Crisis and One Punch Man/Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (I chose series that doesn't have big threads where a lot of people followed them, minus OPM)

4. Mecha

5. Awards are fine.......What @Athos suggested is cool too

I'll do my thoughts on everything that I watched this season a little later + scores and my top 10 of the season 

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

General

1. All the choices for ClubHouse except Concrete, Steins;Gate, Death Parade, Kyousougiga, Jojo and some others (but only few episodes here and there). And hentai, too.

2. Kyousougiga, Steins;Gate, Sakurako, Death Parade, Jojo.

3. Kyousougiga

4. Death Parade. Madhouse's animation is good as always and it has great concept and solid execution up to the second-to-last episode. But the problem is all in the last episode which should have been much longer or just more episodes. Thus, why it's really a ''Should Watch'', it's not that great like many I have seen on the Internet made it out to be. That's only what I have seen. Maybe in some other forums they are being criticized of it.

5. Nothing comes to mind

6. Nothing comes to mind. Although if you change nonsense to ''not much substance'' then I would pick Overlord. I'm sure Insane Soul has said the novels have a lot merit but from this first season alone (the introduction so to speak) it hasn't shown much and I enjoy it for the superfluous awesome dominating game master atmosphere. Basically just self-indulge myself in a harem and ''I always win'' Momonga plus Madhouse's good animation.

Clubhouse Related

1. Pretty good.

2. Kekkai Sensen hands down. Sakurako and Overlord would be what I like next.

3. Jojo.

4. Nothing particular. As long as the anime does what it does well.

5. Well, I think somehow drag the people in the anime subforums in. They mostly discuss long-running or adaption series there but I do see people discussing new stuffs. Just tell them if they want to discuss this and that series then go to Clubhouse cause those 3 are being done here.

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#6 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

It was a really shit year.

Well, if you're talking about originality you're right, but looking back there was a lot of adaptations of great manga and LN.

We got JoJo, One Punch Man, Prison School and Owarimonogatari. Granted, whenever there's an anime adaptation theres also usually an avalanche of forced memes that make me almpst wish the series never existed, JoJo especially comes to mind.

Posted Image

#7 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:27 AM

I have a question:

What's everyone hyping for 2016? 
This question is open to manga too, I guess

Spoiler

4. Mecha

Why have you suggested this one?  

Classroom Crisis was cheaply budgeted and utterly uneventful, but totally worth watching for me.

Oh wow I completely forgot about this despite asking about it. 

BRB.

Edited by Otaku-N., 30 December 2015 - 11:21 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:08 PM

Why have you suggested this one?  

Because the mecha genre is one of the most underrated and overlooked genre's in this day and age, plus there's only a few of us here at OMF that are actually fans of and are watching the new Gundam series that has been coming out

Edited by Tokoya, 30 December 2015 - 12:09 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

Anime wise the only memorable anime was OPM, UBW was easily the most overrated anime of the year.

Manga wise: For most popular series it was bad, filled with gayness, asspulls, bullshit, etc.

2016 is gonna be the best year for anime since Prime HST in 2010.

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:38 PM

So now I'll do the rest of my thoughts on the season starting with individual thoughts on everything I watched

Spoiler Lupin (2015)

Spoiler Diabolik Lovers S2

Spoiler Young Black Jack

Spoiler Lance N Masque

Spoiler Kagewani

Spoiler Heavy Object

Spoiler Noragami S2

Spoiler K Return of Kings (Season 2)

Spoiler Gakusen Toshi no Asterisk

Spoiler Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Spoiler Kowabon

Spoiler Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Spoiler Haikyuu S2

Spoiler Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Spoiler Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan

Spoiler Komori-san_wa_Kotowarenai

Spoiler Comet Lucifer

Spoiler Concrete Revolutio

Spoiler One Punch Man

Spoiler Owari no Seraph S2

Spoiler Shomin Sample

Spoiler Anti Magic Academy

Spoiler Sakurako-San

Spoiler The Perfect Insider

Spoiler Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst (S2)

Spoiler Valkyrie Drive

Spoiler Garo S2

Spoiler Utawarerumono S2

Spoiler Ushio to Tora

My Top 10 of the season (Excluding Sequels etc)

1. One Punch Man
2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
3. Concrete Revolutio
4. Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
5. The Perfect Insider
6. Shomin Sample
7. Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou
8. Sakurako-san
9. Gakusen Toshi no Asterisk
10. Heavy Object

Sequels + Leftovers

1. Noragami S2
2. Lupin (2015)
3. Ushio to Tora
4. Haikyuu S2
5. Utawarerumono S2
6. K: Return of Kings

Anime of the season: Tie between Gundam and OPM
Worst of the season: Comet Lucifer (Shit)

Edited by Tokoya, 30 December 2015 - 02:07 PM.

• Fulmine and Kid Frost like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

Anime wise the only memorable anime was OPM, UBW was easily the most overrated anime of the year.

Manga wise: For most popular series it was bad, filled with gayness, asspulls, bullshit, etc.

2016 is gonna be the best year for anime since Prime HST in 2010.

2012 was way better than 2010....2015 has been the best since then but 2016 is definitely going to blow this year out of the water lol...Spring 2016 alone is already stacked

Edited by Tokoya, 30 December 2015 - 02:10 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

I have no idea how to word this post in a way that doesn't sound like a survey. Thus, a survey.

0rRfuOQ.jpg

[ There there. ]

[ There there. ]

Spoiler

JaAjRjC.png?1

#13 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

2012 was way better than 2010....2015 has been the best since then but 2016 is definitely going to blow this year out of the water lol...Spring 2016 alone is already stacked

What series were aired in 2012?

2010 had OP animating MarineFord, Bleach with the FKT and Deicide Arc, Nardo with the Pain Arc. 

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#14 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

2010 had OP animating MarineFord, Bleach with the FKT and Deicide Arc, Nardo with the Pain Arc. 

This is what started/ended in 2012: http://www.anime-pla...year&order=desc

Here's just the TV shows http://www.anime-pla...include_types=6

Edited by Otaku-N., 31 December 2015 - 09:53 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

Wow you were referring to the mainstream long running shounen anime lol

Regardless of the many great anime that came out, 2012 was the year that changed the anime community forever and influenced/started an otaku craze worldwide that hasn't been seen since Naruto in its prime with the introduction of SAO

Edited by Tokoya, 31 December 2015 - 10:13 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:12 AM

Because the mecha genre is one of the most underrated and overlooked genre's in this day and age, plus there's only a few of us here at OMF that are actually fans of and are watching the new Gundam series that has been coming out

As unreasonable the rebuttals I see, not completely. Good luck convincing detracters. I don't think there's much point. 

Though, Iron Blooded Orphans looks like it's the current Gundam for people who usually hate Gundam.

Plus it's not like there was a massive amount to pick that wasn't already a sequel to a long runner or something like that. Concrete got picked right?

Also I was under the impression some just don't post. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

As unreasonable the rebuttals I see, not completely. Good luck convincing detracters. I don't think there's much point.

Though, Iron Blooded Orphans looks like it's the current Gundam for people who usually hate Gundam.

Plus it's not like there was a massive amount to pick that wasn't already a sequel to a long runner or something like that. Concrete got picked right?

Also I was under the impression some just don't post.

I dont think that Concrete is classified as a mecha series

I wasn't necessarily speaking about seasonal mecha anime though, I just meant the genre itself. Nowadays there are tons of people that just avoid mecha series without even giving them a chance and unless it's Evangelion (Which has a ridiculous amount of popularity lol) and in very few cases Gundam, most people don't really take notice of everything else

Edited by Tokoya, 31 December 2015 - 10:17 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#18 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

I dont think that Concrete is classified as a mecha series

I wasn't necessarily speaking about seasonal mecha anime though, I just meant the genre itself. Nowadays there are tons of people that just avoid mecha series without even giving them a chance and unless it's Evangelion (Which has a ridiculous amount of popularity lol) and in very few cases Gundam, most people don't really take notice of everything else

Oh what? Huh

Eh, I think this concerns it. How else would we bring focus to it? 

Yeah, I know them feels. 

Speaking of which I contend that 2013 was the better year. If not for the big 3 mech series airing at the time but for the gems that are Kyousougiga and Uchouten Kazoku.

And all those people going nuts over Shingeki. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,427 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

Tokoya's number of watched anime in one year is half as many as I have watched my entire anime life of 17 years and that is counting everything I have looked at. If you only count stuffs that I finished or follow (for ongoing series) from start to end then it's probably just as many...and I have watched about 20 anime (both TV series and movies) in the past 6 months... :xD:

• Otaku-N. and Tokoya like this

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#20 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

Oh what? Huh

Eh, I think this concerns it. How else would we bring focus to it?

Yeah, I know them feels.

Speaking of which I contend that 2013 was the better year. If not for the big 3 mech series airing at the time but for the gems that are Kyousougiga and Uchouten Kazoku.

And all those people going nuts over Shingeki.

Pretty much every other website doesn't have it as a mecha tag and imo it's not one tbh

The original mecha series this year have been pretty meh for the most part and the most recent one Comet Lucifer ended up being a pile of dog shit.....Next season looks to have some good prospects though so we'll see

Which mecha series are you referring to? I know Unicorn has got to be one of them and yeah 2013 was good too but 2012 had more great stuff imo like JoJo, Fate/Zero and arguably the best ecchi anime series, High School DxD just to name a few.....And yeah the Titan craze was just as loud as SAO

Tokoya's number of watched anime in one year is half as many as I have watched my entire anime life of 17 years and that is counting everything I have looked at. If you only count stuffs that I finished or follow (for ongoing series) from start to end then it's probably just as many...and I have watched about 20 anime (both TV series and movies) in the past 6 months... :xD:

I actually counted last night how many shows excluding OVA's and Specials I watched/I am currently watching (Seasonals that are still ongoing atm) and I think it came up to like 95 series in total in 2015 lol

• Fulmine likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users