• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,582 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

I actually counted last night how many shows excluding OVA's and Specials I watched/I am currently watching (Seasonals that are still ongoing atm) and I think it came up to like 95 series in total in 2015 lol

Man, I have only finished a total of about 100 anime (both TV series and anime)...I am currently not following any ongoing series. I only watch seasonal stuffs. If you count other stuffs that I dropped or watched sporadically then up to 200 but these other 100 series I don't really care about or remember much.

And 20-30 of the 100 anime that I finished are Ghibli Studio's anime so...but in my defense I only watch stuffs that are critically acclaimed or Internet-approved or recommended by OMF members whose taste I trust so that spares me the horrible craps. In other words I only watched the great anime :whistle:

• Tokoya likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

Pretty much every other website doesn't have it as a mecha tag and imo it's not one tbh

The original mecha series this year have been pretty meh for the most part and the most recent one Comet Lucifer ended up being a pile of dog shit.....Next season looks to have some good prospects though so we'll see

Which mecha series are you referring to? I know Unicorn has got to be one of them and yeah 2013 was good too but 2012 had more great stuff imo like JoJo, Fate/Zero and arguably the best ecchi anime series, High School DxD just to name a few.....And yeah the Titan craze was just as loud as SAO

Huh. I must have seen the wrong preview. Maybe I'm thinking Comet.

Hahahahahahaha. Oh dear. 

In 2013 we had Valvrave, Gargantia and Majestic Prince. 

Though. Kill La Kill. White Album 2. Hataraku.  Shit was glorious. I'll concede that those you mentioned were bigger mainstream hits though. 

Man, I have only finished a total of about 100 anime (both TV series and anime)...I am currently not following any ongoing series. I only watch seasonal stuffs. If you count other stuffs that I dropped or watched sporadically then up to 200 but these other 100 series I don't really care about or remember much.

And 20-30 of the 100 anime that I finished are Ghibli Studio's anime so...but in my defense I only watch stuffs that are critically acclaimed or Internet-approved or recommended by OMF members whose taste I trust so that spares me the horrible craps. In other words I only watched the great anime :whistle:

Oooh the quality over quantity jab, you gonna take that Toko?

That's a decent route. Though you're missing out on hipster cred by finding stuff before everyone else  ;)

• Tokoya likes this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,582 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

Though you're missing out on hipster cred by finding stuff before everyone else ;)

Well, actually I do watch stuffs that I come across on the Internet and so far only...Baccano satisfies me. The rest would be among those 100 series that I don't really care about.

My taste is quite varying. Sometimes you see I like popular stuffs that are wanked by many and think ''pff, he's just like those mindless mass media'', then sometimes I like cult stuffs and many times my taste is like...extreme hardcore that I feel ''this world cannot catch up to me and my fellow hardcore friend's genius'' :P. I would say my taste is 70% of the time the latter and 30% the former.

Many manga and anime I only like the supporting or no-one-cares-about characters, but sometimes I like, say, Minato in Naruto, haha.

#24 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:20 PM

I see I see....You don't trust my opinion? :xD:

There has been a good amount of great series these past 5 years though....Do you have a MAL account? I'm curious to see your watch list :)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#25 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,582 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

You don't trust my opinion? :xD:

By 'opinion'' you mean ''watch everything in a season''? Nah, haha. But I did watch things you recommended before. Like Bakemonogatari (am watching, to be accurate).

There has been a good amount of great series these past 5 years though....Do you have a MAL account? I'm curious to see your watch list :)

I do. Fulmine, haha. But I mainly add manga. My anime list, I just started adding recently so...

• Tokoya likes this

#26 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:56 PM

1. What did you watch this year? Both airing this year and already completed.

2. What were your favorites?

3. Which anime do you believe deserved more praise?

4. Which anime do you believe deserved more criticism?

5. Anime that you feel has objective -- if there is such a thing; feel free to discuss -- merit but you didn't like?

6. Anime that you feel was objectively nonsense but liked regardless?

7. What do you wish / expect from 2016?

1. I probably watched more anime this year than any year previously. Not to say I watched a lot of shows but I generally prefer manga more. Anyhow by season my watchlist goes;

Spoiler Winter

Spoiler Spring

Spoiler Summer

Spoiler Fall

I was waiting for Subete ga F and Noragami to be finished before I started them so I'll have seen both of those by next week and I'll be watching the last season of Working after.

2. My top 3 in no particular order are Baby Steps, OnePunch Man and Shokugeki no Souma in terms of week to week enjoyment. Though I liked all these series. I started a few others but couldn't get past the first or second episodes.

3. I am unashamed of my unabashed love for Baby Steps. It is without a doubt my favorite sports anime and definitely in the top 2 of my favorite sports manga. I wish more people watched the show, bought the DVDs, scanlated the chapters, did karaoke to the opening and ending songs...

4. Kind of hard to answer this one because I only fully watched the anime I liked but if I were to call an anime overrated I would say Overlord.

6. Prison School and Asterisk Wars have imo are a waste of time but I enjoyed nonetheless. Classroom Crisis would have made this list too except that I felt the 2nd half of the series had more content and was very good overall if not for the unnecessary forced romance

7. Dare I dream for a 3rd season of Baby Steps...

That aside I can't wait for Shokugeki's 2nd season and I would like to see a couple more fantasy anime which seems like is a big trend. And I'm looking forward to Boku Hero Academia. I've been holding off reading the manga but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

#27 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:37 PM

I am unashamed of my unabashed love for Baby Steps. It is without a doubt my favorite sports anime and definitely in the top 2 of my favorite sports manga. I wish more people watched the show, bought the DVDs, scanlated the chapters, did karaoke to the opening and ending songs...

I feel you, Baby Steps deserved more love, I survived the awful summer season thanks to it. I guess, the characters weren't bishie enough to warrant any attention from the fujoshis and the likes, the tumblr tag for it is deaad. Not many of the male sports animu fans were into it either(in fact I know more guys who watched Free than guys who watched BS), I wonder why. I thought at first maybe people didn't like tennis but then I remembered Tenipuri.

Daiya no A got the same treatment too, even though it's much better than Haikyu, KnB etc., Imo.

I was just stalking the tumblr tag for the upcoming otome-sports anime by Madhouse, and I came across some friends' posts that read something like will watch cuz madhousu, and I thought to myself wth then why aren't you watching Daiya, it's also by your beloved Madhouse you @#$!! :hmph:

So, uhh what I was trying to say is, yeah, I know that feeling too well, when no one cares about your fav series as much as you do.  

vC58TLv.png

#28 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

General
1. What did you watch this year? Both airing this year and already completed.

2. What were your favorites?

3. Which anime do you believe deserved more praise?

4. Which anime do you believe deserved more criticism?

5. Anime that you feel has objective -- if there is such a thing; feel free to discuss -- merit but you didn't like?

6. Anime that you feel was objectively nonsense but liked regardless?

7. What do you wish / expect from 2016?

1. Charlotte, Assassination Classroom, Death Parade, Rakudai, Young Black Jack, Dance with Devils, Absolute Duo, God Eater, One Punch Man, Snow White with Red Hair, Gangsta, Shokugeki no Souma, Ranpo Kitan, Attack on Titan: Junior High, Sakurako's Investigation, Asterisk War, Classroom Crisis, Shimoneta, and Plastic Memories.

2. Snow White, Young Black Jack, Plastic Memories, Assassination Classroom and One Punch Man

3. Honestly I watch most things in a vacuum so I'm rarely aware of how they're received by most people...I'll say Ranpo and Plastic Memories for no real reason

4. Charlotte and God Eater

5. Death Parade, not that I didn't like it because I did (series that I truly didn't like were dropped outright) but it could've ended up being better than it was. The red herring plots that never developed into anything and ideas that never went anywhere left the series feeling unfinished at the end.

6. Shimoneta was nonsensical on so many levels but I couldn't find it in myself to hate it.
Also Attack on Titan which as silly as it was I liked more than the main series (not exactly the highest bar to reach for me).

7. Nothing in particular...2016 looks to be the busiest year of my adult life so I doubt I'll watch much anime this year if anything at all.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#29 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:17 AM

Based Arkada speaks the truth and ended the video RAISING THAT MOFO FLAG KOE NO KAGIRI SAKENDEEEEEEEEEE

EDIT: After fangasming over the opening song for Gundam IBO yet again, this brings me to ask another question to you all

What were you guy's favorite OP and favorite ED of the year? (Or from each season)

Edited by Tokoya, 01 January 2016 - 01:50 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#30 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:41 AM

Based Arkada speaks the truth and ended the video RAISING THAT MOFO FLAG KOE NO KAGIRI SAKENDEEEEEEEEEE

I like the guy doing the video, seen a few vids in the past, but naming a video top 10 recommendations when he has only watched 5 of them, is simply nonsense

• Otaku-N. likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#31 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

I like the guy doing the video, seen a few vids in the past, but naming a video top 10 recommendations when he has only watched 5 of them, is simply nonsense

The 5 he named are ones that either people he trusts have recommended to him or ones that he got a shit load of requests to watch and coming from someone that has seen all of them, they're great series (Excluding Yuri Kuma which I think is overrated), including the Honourable Mentions (I still need to watch Himouto and Charlotte was......Well the ending was rushed and kinda bad)

Edited by Tokoya, 01 January 2016 - 01:52 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#32 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:04 AM

The 5 he named are ones that either people he trusts have recommended to him or ones that he got a shit load of requests to watch and coming from someone that has seen all of them, they're great series (Excluding Yuri Kuma which I think is overrated), including the Honourable Mentions (I still need to watch Himouto and Charlotte was......Well the ending was rushed and kinda bad)

It´s still nonsense though, i don´t recommend something based on what i think it will be.

Heroic Arslan was rather disappointing, there are countless examples of second seasons being worse than the first, so there is no guarantee "My Teen Romantic Comedy" is as good as the first season (Chuunibyou being the most recent one iirc), that Yuri Kuma Arashi rec is a joke considering his hatred for Mawaru, same for AssClass. I am not trying to hate here or anything but it´s obvious that he simply rushed the vid since the end of the year came, and a best anime 2015 in February or March would not get as many views.

qhz8b56l.png

#33 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

What were you guy's favorite OP and favorite ED of the year?

Death Parade for the former and Asterisk War for the latter...I don't really remember too many of them to be honest, especially from earlier seasons.

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#34 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:05 AM

I feel you, Baby Steps deserved more love, I survived the awful summer season thanks to it. I guess, the characters weren't bishie enough to warrant any attention from the fujoshis and the likes, the tumblr tag for it is deaad. Not many of the male sports animu fans were into it either(in fact I know more guys who watched Free than guys who watched BS), I wonder why. I thought at first maybe people didn't like tennis but then I remembered Tenipuri.

Daiya no A got the same treatment too, even though it's much better than Haikyu, KnB etc., Imo.

I was just stalking the tumblr tag for the upcoming otome-sports anime by Madhouse, and I came across some friends' posts that read something like will watch cuz madhousu, and I thought to myself wth then why aren't you watching Daiya, it's also by your beloved Madhouse you @#$!! :hmph:

So, uhh what I was trying to say is, yeah, I know that feeling too well, when no one cares about your fav series as much as you do.  

I watched season 1 of Daiya no Ace in one go before season 2 debuted. I definitely enjoyed it but the pacing is terrible. So I'll probably do season 2 after its completed or gets to 50 episodes. Madhouse has definitely done a great job the past few years, there hasn't been a series by them that I didn't like (assuming I started it- can't say I picked up all the anime done by madhouse).

What were you guy's favorite OP and favorite ED of the year? (Or from each season)

Dayum that's hard. For me its hard to view the opening as a standalone and dissociate it from how much I enjoyed the series. But overall I would say Death Parade OP and then both the OP and ED from Baby Steps and OPM. I'm not the biggest rock fan but it's hard not to get pumped up listening to this:

• Tokoya likes this

#35 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

favorite ED of the year? 

Sugar Song & Bitter Step. There's a reason it spawned a pixiv tag. 

• Tokoya likes this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#36 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

It´s still nonsense though, i don´t recommend something based on what i think it will be.
Heroic Arslan was rather disappointing, there are countless examples of second seasons being worse than the first, so there is no guarantee "My Teen Romantic Comedy" is as good as the first season (Chuunibyou being the most recent one iirc), that Yuri Kuma Arashi rec is a joke considering his hatred for Mawaru, same for AssClass. I am not trying to hate here or anything but it´s obvious that he simply rushed the vid since the end of the year came, and a best anime 2015 in February or March would not get as many views.

Sorry to hear that, Arslan was a great series (Minus the CGI) imo. He praised Utena which I hear was just as good so there's that and I highly disagree about AssClass (Which imo is easily the best thing in WSJ next to BnH, Souma and One Piece).

It's funny because I felt the same way as he did coming into the TV anime because I too watched that OVA thing that came out way before which didn't impress me at all, but when I watched it during the TV anime (That is, after getting immersed in the world and characters) I absolutely loved it (In fact that arc had great character development and best boy Karma moments)

And SNAFU is one of those series that just leaks greatness (Because imo this is the epitome of RomCom's) and considering how much hype the second season has, I'm certain that this was that one series that everyone told him to watch considering that he reviewed S1 for the review week of awesomeness and loved it....Plus S2 was easily better than S1 primarily because of deep it got in regards to the main cast and everyone else.....Basically what he wants to see from the second season ironically is what happened

Edited by Tokoya, 01 January 2016 - 11:41 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#37 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,582 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

Kekkai Sensen.

• Tokoya likes this

#38 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

Apart from IBO this was my favorite OP of the year both in sound and visuals

Kekkai Sensen and Death Parade's ED's are tied for my favorite

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#39 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

Sorry to hear that, Arslan was a great series (Minus the CGI) imo. He praised Utena which I hear was just as good so there's that and I highly disagree about AssClass (Which imo is easily the best thing in WSJ next to BnH, Souma and One Piece).

It's funny because I felt the same way as he did coming into the TV anime because I too watched that OVA thing that came out way before which didn't impress me at all, but when I watched it during the TV anime (That is, after getting immersed in the world and characters) I absolutely loved it (In fact that arc had great character development and best boy Karma moments)

And SNAFU is one of those series that just leaks greatness (Because imo this is the epitome of RomCom's) and considering how much hype the second season has, I'm certain that this was that one series that everyone told him to watch considering that he reviewed S1 for the review week of awesomeness and loved it....Plus S2 was easily better than S1 primarily because of deep it got in regards to the main cast and everyone else.....Basically what he wants to see from the second season ironically is what happened

You are misunderstanding me. Besides Arslan, i have no personal opinion about the series he blind-recommended, meaning AssClass, Yuri and so on. But the fact that he recommends 1) an anime that has a premise he thinks has no real potential 2) an anime that is made by people whose other noticeable work he clearly hates and so on, makes no sense at all. Why does he even mention these anime, what sincerity and legitimacy do such recommendations have? Simply none, that was my point.

• Tokoya likes this

qhz8b56l.png

#40 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,921 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

You are misunderstanding me. Besides Arslan, i have no personal opinion about the series he blind-recommended, meaning AssClass, Yuri and so on. But the fact that he recommends 1) an anime that has a premise he thinks has no real potential 2) an anime that is made by people whose other noticeable work he clearly hates and so on, makes no sense at all. Why does he even mention these anime, what sincerity and legitimacy do such recommendations have? Simply none, that was my point.

I feel you bro
  • ShinmenTakezo likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users