• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

77478.jpg

Plot Summary

In the year 2072, the world's energy problems seem solved by a network of cross-dimensional electric-field inductors—"coils"—that extract energy from a seemingly infinite source. That source is the W dimension, a fourth plane that exists beyond the X, Y, and Z dimensions.

In this world, unofficial "illegal" coils harness powers that the police can't hope to counter. Dealing with these coils is the job of coil-hating repo man Kyoma, whose run-in with the unique coil android Mira leads the two to form a reluctant partnership.

Genre: Seinen, Sci-Fi, Action
Studio: Studio 3Hz

Why you should watch
This is the only action show that we're following this season and according to @OtakuN, it's not bad at all (Plus from what I've seen on a few other places, the general consensus to the first episode was mostly positive so hopefully the same happens here :)

• Peleihno likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

as expected the first episode wasn't terrible, they even removed lots of mostly useless dialogues, so i think it even improved over the source

in this first episode they adapted 3 and something chapters, if they keep that rate they should cover all the manga in around 16 episodes, if they slow down they make them 24, which would be better, 12-13 episodes would be too little to conclude anything (anyone who has read the whole manga can confirm if there are good stopping points in the middle they could use?)

the explanation of the w thing was as iffy as i remembered it, but ignoring that explanation they're sucking energy from something like a parallel universe or a layer of reality containing only energy? the use of the world "dimension" was pretty ambiguous

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:59 AM

Interesting first episode to say the least

Decent introduction to the world followed by some backstory leading up to the present day with our main lead Kyoma whom might I add I pretty cool, and I also like the robot girl too, great personality and ability she has

Still, there are some things that left me wondering stuff so hopefully things will gradually begin to piece itself together and I'm very curious to find out why Kyoma hates Coils

Good start overall, great visuals, decent enough action and can I say that this series has BEST FUCKING OPENING OF THE SEASON

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

sadly the Bluray sales page seems to hint there will be only 12 episodes in total (only 6 volumes listed, 2 episodes each box)

http://dimension-w.net/?page_id=271

wonder if japan will ever come back to have regularly series with more than 20 episodes..

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:26 PM

That's a bummer :(

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

according to @OtakuN, it's not bad at all

1. Mention fail :P

2. Citation needed. I think you mean the poster below you. I skimmed chapter 1 for the first time like 5 seconds ago.

3. I'm actually disappointed cause there's so much more you could do with an "infinite energy" premise. I actually want someone to counter this point because I don't have my own logic fleshed out; it just seems to me that the work is actually pessimistic as to what unlimited energy could do. 

4. I'll watch the damn episode. Brb. 

Hmm. He got the complexity of the robot pretty right. Interesting. 

Edited by Otaku-N., 11 January 2016 - 11:39 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

1. Mention fail :P
2. Citation needed. I think you mean the poster below you. I skimmed chapter 1 for the first time like 5 seconds ago.
3. I'm actually disappointed cause there's so much more you could do with an "infinite energy" premise. I actually want someone to counter this point because I don't have my own logic fleshed out; it just seems to me that the work is actually pessimistic as to what unlimited energy could do.
4. I'll watch the damn episode. Brb.

Hmm. He got the complexity of the robot pretty right. Interesting.

Talk about epic fail on my part though lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

This was a very entertaining episode

First off, the pacing has stayed pretty solid and we got to see things progress naturally without having anything be skipped in regards to Mira and I really liked that we got to see a glimpse into her past....I'm not sure if I buy the doctor actually being dead yet but we'll see what happens next....Sucks to see that his daughter really did die though - Although I still think that maybe Mira and the daughter might be related to each other even more somehow

However the main thing that made this episode great was the introduction of Loser whom aleady is a very interesting character just based off of his performances in the art of stealing alone for....His skills were impressive considering that he and Kyouma the badass were practically on par with one another but he also has a good personality and seems to be more of an anti-hero rather than a villain which is nice

The reveal about where Kyouma came from was pretty interesting too and I hope to learn more about that organization as well as to hopefully see more members of it, but seeing what happened to Loser's face and hearing about his motives and past made me even more inticed with this situation and I'm kinda rooting for him now lol...I like his son too

Overall, it was a great epsiode, visuals were on point, the OST was great as usual and this episode made me really like Mira even more than I already did :) Also, holy fuck that Dimension Down thing is creepy as fuck O_O I want to see more of that stuff lol

P.S. The way that Kyouma moves around with those wires reminds me so much of the maneuver gear that they use in Attack on Titan lol

Edited by Tokoya, 17 January 2016 - 09:50 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:20 PM

wonder if there's going to be the introduction at the start of the opening everytime (reminded me of one piece's intro)

the anime director deserves praise, they're managing to make the show faster and less boring, which goes well with the action, some of the background, trivia and explanations are lost, but i think it's a good exchange

"the pacing has stayed pretty solid and we got to see things progress naturally without having anything be skipped in regards to Mira"

some comedy parts at the start got skipped, a bit of a shame since for me the initial comedy looked better than the action, but it seems the anime is focusing more on the action

"I'm not sure if I buy the doctor actually being dead yet but we'll see what happens next"

given during the explosion there was an air vacuum, it's possible the doctor opened something like a portal and moved to W, or he just created a tiny black hole and got smashed..

"The way that Kyouma moves around with those wires reminds me so much of the maneuver gear that they use in Attack on Titan lol"

was thinking the same, in the manga he only used some strange elastic band

• Tokoya likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#10 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

Take two.

This is actually pretty good, now if they could just lay off the yaoi vibes with blondie, it should be an enjoyable season. 

• Tokoya likes this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#11 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

sadly the Bluray sales page seems to hint there will be only 12 episodes in total (only 6 volumes listed, 2 episodes each box)

http://dimension-w.net/?page_id=271

wonder if japan will ever come back to have regularly series with more than 20 episodes..

It probably like in the U.S where it just needs to be really successful to get more

#12 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:37 AM

That was a weird ending lol

This episode overall was pretty chill and yet refreshing at the same time solely because of Mira and her interactions with the kids and it was sweet seeing how they all kept her secret after the accident

We got to see a little more into Kyouma's past which is what I wanted to see the most, as well as to get more info on these Number Coils and I think most of us expected them to at least be that powerful and since it seems like there's at least 100 of them, it looks like we're gonna be in for a great ride

Overall it was a great episode and for me the small character driven moments/interactions made this that much more enjoyable and I like how things at progressing especially with the introduction of the COO of New Tesla

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#13 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

mira got more lucky in the anime, in the manga the caravan was a mess inside, it wasn't shiny at all

-.- they removed an arc, not like that was very good, so not much was lost, still all that incident with the kids felt a bit dumb since they caused it themselfes

only 3 episodes and we're already at the lake part, they're rushing a lot, they got to the end of chapter 15 with this episode

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

mira got more lucky in the anime, in the manga the caravan was a mess inside, it wasn't shiny at all

-.- they removed an arc, not like that was very good, so not much was lost, still all that incident with the kids felt a bit dumb since they caused it themselfes
only 3 episodes and we're already at the lake part, they're rushing a lot, they got to the end of chapter 15 with this episode

I didn't even notice

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:52 AM

This episode was really really creepy and a little confusing too O_O

The fact that all of this ghost stuff is actually happening in real time freaked me out but when Mira entered the world of those horror novels, I too was terrified by how much gore they detailed, like that was some fucked up shit

We got introduced to the blonde vampire girl whom seems like she's going to be an interesting character especially since she's also a collector but what I liked the most was finding out that Al is from the same group that Kyouma was in and is actually a badass just like him =o Their little fight was very cool

Mira in the bathroom showcasing that HAWT body but at the same time we got to learn more about her time with her dad and seeing her analyze things on her own in order to fully grasp the subject behind this mystery was pretty neat....Really liking how she's full of surprises

Overall the episode was great, the tone was fitting throughout it all and the mystery and thriller aspects were handled pretty great esspecially via the use of type of screenplay and direction that this episode had.....Seeing the numbers come into play even more like this has me very exicted too since there are so many parties that are after them in addition to the stuff with how much chaos they caused both with Kyouma and his past plus the tragedy at the lake

The thing that has me me little confused however is the ending in particular because I'm bad with names usually and I wasn't sure about the significance of the novelist that drowned saying that he is also this other guy that the kid scientist dude was talking about with Kyouma....I might have to rewatch this again

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

this was soo rushed (10 chapters into one episode..), guess it'll be all over by the next episode, this serie really needed 24 episodes at least..

"The thing that has me little confused however is .... I wasn't sure about the significance of the novelist that drowned saying that he is also this other guy that the kid scientist dude was talking about with Kyouma...."

apparently one of the ghosts that killed the novelist was the novelist himself, i'm not sure what that means too..

"I might have to rewatch this again"

i suggest to read the manga, the scans reach the end of this episode, if not, pause a lot while rewatching it, there are many jumps in the narration

Edited by Zeando, 31 January 2016 - 10:47 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#17 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:53 PM

The story is definitely progressing very quickly but I can't say its too fast for me to follow (not having read the manga)

This is definitely one of the better shows of the season. Best opening without a doubt but even after that the animation and story are well done and intriguing. Kyoma is an appealing antisocial badass and I really want to know more about these Beasts of Grendel and how many of them were able to integrate back into society.

The alternate reality is quite creepy. I wonder how they're able to create the dimensional warp zone

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:06 AM

That was a really good conclusion to this arc imo

The way everything unravelled wasn't as confusing as things were last week so I was thankful for that, however this episode added a while new realm of possibilities that can be brought out by The Numbers so I was quite surprised by all of this stuff

What happened to Enamori was very tragic and I felt so bad for her as well as for the novelist guy....Seeing how this entire situation with them unfolded was intense and just astonishing for me because of how crazy this entire situation was

Kyouma was a badass as usual in this and Mira went through some more shit but thankfully she was able to turn everything around and solve this mystery....It's interesting how Elizabeth is working with Loser and now I'm wondering if these kids are REALLY his children lol

I want to know more about Kyouma's past and so does Mira so I hope the next arc is about that....The ending with the maid had me confused and concerned as well....Not sure who her dad is (Unless it was that dude that the got the life hit out of him in that control room?) as well as who those people are that she was conversing with

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

The older Prince is fishy but I love the younger one....Their assistant is hot af btw

This episode was the most fun yet between the visit to the traditional Japanese clothes store and the stuff with that one badass waitor robot thing getting REKT from the little Prince (That was shocking but I was surprised to see that he has an artificial body)

I'm curious to find out more about this deceased Miyabi person whom I guessing is the person that showed up at the end as well as more insight on Kyouma and his relationship with Tsubaki.....I kinda want to ship them together now lol

Great episode overall, nice to see our favorite antagonist again (How many kids does this man have lol or was that Elizabeth) and I'm hyped for this Easter Island thing

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Sigh. Once again a continent with 56 different countries and a bajillion different cultures gets lumped together as one massive country :glare:It would've made more sense if the prince came from Nigeria or something since its the third largest english speaking country in the world and one of the fastest growing countries right now or some fictional African country. But the assistant was hot tho.

5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users