43 replies to this topic

#21 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:33 AM

Sigh. Once again a continent with 56 different countries and a bajillion different cultures gets lumped together as one massive country :glare:It would've made more sense if the prince came from Nigeria or something since its the third largest english speaking country in the world and one of the fastest growing countries right now or some fictional African country. But the assistant was hot tho.

That's pretty much a given for anime. And until they have a large number of complaints about it from their viewers and more importantly their paying viewers it's unlikely to change.
I was actually surprised the prince (even if he did look more Arab than "African") was depicted as a sex idol for all the Japanese women. African men and dark skinned males in general are depicted as physically imposing but not beautiful. Could we call that a step in the right direction?
At any rate this arc is starting off well. We get a couple new characters introduced and hints at Kyoma's backstory.
I guessed that the younger prince was at least part robot when they made the comment about raising the percentage of one's electronic body components.
Looking forward to next week and the impending return of Loser and some adrenaline pumping action

#22 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

^ I don't think being depicted as a sex idol is necessarily a step in the right direction especially if its based on a gross fetish although that's probably isn't the case here. And while it may be a given, no one else ever lumps Europe, Asia, and the Americas as entire countries either. I know the Japanese are ignorant to some things, but the writers could've spared a few minutes doing some research from google if they're gonna include black characters from the African continent so they don't get a free pass.

Anyway on to the episode. Since when did Steve Jobs and Gendo Ikari make a baby? :laugh:

5.jpg

#23 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

Anyway on to the episode. Since when did Steve Jobs and Gendo Ikari make a baby? :laugh:

so i wasn't the only one getting that feeling :lolxg:

they got wild again with the national stereotipes for the collectors this time

the prince got some more characterization

the first part with the girlfriend was trying so hard to be emotional, i got lost a bit by the final reaction, so kyouma hates the coils cause there was an incident during the operation? that sounded like hating scalpels cause an operation went wrong..

also they lost the head, wtf

it's an hard bet, but seira could have kept the head to do more research which did later lead to make mira

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#24 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

so i wasn't the only one getting that feeling :lolxg:

they got wild again with the national stereotipes for the collectors this time

the prince got some more characterization

the first part with the girlfriend was trying so hard to be emotional, i got lost a bit by the final reaction, so kyouma hates the coils cause there was an incident during the operation? that sounded like hating scalpels cause an operation went wrong..

also they lost the head, wtf

it's an hard bet, but seira could have kept the head to do more research which did later lead to make mira

not only because of the operation. His entire unit, except for Al, got also killed because of a coil malfunction. Like he said. He lost everything that day. his girlfriend and his Unit.

I liked the episode and the love story was cute :)

I really like this anime so far.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#25 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:59 AM

@Raiden

"not only because of the operation. His entire unit, except for Al, got also killed because of a coil malfunction. Like he said. He lost everything that day. his girlfriend and his Unit."

yup, but i didn't notice a reaction from him when he got said the whole unit died too (will have to recheck to be sure), so it looked to me he only reacted to the failure of the operation (which you can't really fault the tech, but rather the people misusing or failing to use it, this sounds like something from the weapon control thread... )

unless it turns out the dimension w has a will and is actively creating problems, then yes, faulting coils/dimension w would have sense

like that energy ball at the end

Edited by Zeando, 25 February 2016 - 06:00 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#26 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

Finally got to watch last week's episode and I must say that this one was the most emotional one yet

Seeing Kyouma's past and finding out more about Grendel and that island was pretty intense and very tragic and I feel so bad for the guy....

Now it makes so much sense as to why he hates Coils because if I went through what he did I might probably feel the same way....His fiancee was so sweet too TwT

I can't wait to see how this arc unfolds especially considering that so many big names are here together
  • Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#27 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:36 AM

Good lord, they bishonen-ed a black guy. I've seen it all at this point. :lmao:

Sigh. Once again a continent with 56 different countries and a bajillion different cultures gets lumped together as one massive country :glare:It would've made more sense if the prince came from Nigeria or something since its the third largest english speaking country in the world and one of the fastest growing countries right now or some fictional African country. But the assistant was hot tho.

It's Japan, what did you expect?

I'm shocked to see a black African played off as a heartthrob in Japan though. So, you take the good with the bad.

That and his assistant rocking dreads are the bright side of things.

Edited by Peleihno, 28 February 2016 - 01:40 AM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#28 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

Its a shame that some of the participants didn't make it on the island but at least most of them did so I'm cool with that

Getting more insight into the backstories of the prince's was pretty nice and now I kind of sympathize a little with Salva, but what I really liked is that it seems like he wasn't a dick to his little brother and that he might genuinely care about his well being and want him to take the throne one day

This island is pretty intense though, and add that to that shady KK guy and his antics, plus the males being targeted and knocked out by that black hole thing, things will not be easy whatsoever

Great episode as usual and I'm looking forward to see what Loser the GOAT has in store for us this time

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#29 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Good episode.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

Man I am loving this series more and more with each episode and having all these questions answered makes me happy

Firstly in regards to Loser, it's confirmed that he and Kyouma knew each other in the past but also that his real name is Julian and that he was a scientist that studied under the big doctor. I must say that after seeing his past self, I'm even more in love with his character because he is truly a good guy with great ideals and a just cause. His wife was beautiful as well

Secondly in regards to Prince Salva, I didn't like the way he just slapped Lafti for like no reason, in fact I was disgusted by that tbh....But regardless, seeing more of his backstory was fascinating and his leadership skills are no joke but holy fuck, what happened to his little brother was brutal and I would probably lose my mind if I went through that

Thirdly, the stuff with Kyouma (Which is what I wanted to see the most) was nice as well and it's interesting and pretty cool how all three of the flashbacks are directly related to one another and how all 3 of these guys have history with one another....Having the pieces come together in regards to the Easter Island thing is much appreciated and I can't wait to find out the rest

Next, is the reveal of who I'm guessing is the big bad....Pretty interesting how he was a child prodigy under the doctor as well as how he manipulated everything in the lives of all 3 of these guys....I feel like his role came out nowhere since this is the first time that we're even getting any info or mention of him but I guess it was subtly foreshadowed with the black sphere....Either way this kid is a threat and a pretty decent one going by what we are shown so I'm hyped

Lastly, the reveal about Mira....I think everyone probably guessed after the last 2 episodes that she's related to Kyouma's wife somehow and seeing how her body was going to be the replacement body for his wife, is pretty sad when you think about it and explains why Kyouma is so harsh to her....She probably is a reminder to him about how he failed to save her and how everything he did went to shit.....Her being made of coils is just the nail in the coffin too :(

This episode overall was really filled with suspense and I'm just loving the ride straight through....I really hope that when Kyouma wakes up, that he stops treating Mira so badly and embraces her because she truly represents the spirit of his wife and regardless of everything, she's about to risk her life just to save him so I hope that he changes his attitude

Edited by Tokoya, 06 March 2016 - 02:36 PM.

• Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

oh, so mira isn't miyabi, but just the body which should have been used for her, but miyabi died sooner and mira then "got put" into that body

that was a nice turn of events (at least they avoided the cliche of loving the robot)

also interesting that little bit about all the tower robots being made for miyabi, as if seira was trying here very best to make an almost perfect body and over all the bodies created by attempts mira was the best result

that sudden big bad reveal was underwhelming, and now that i think about it the whole amnesia things was so contrived, if kyouma didn't have forgotten it we could have seen from the start all these important informations about the past (which is also the background and basis of the story), and anything which did happen so far would have been more sensed and interesting since it tied all together

@Tokoya

"and explains why Kyouma is so harsh to her....She probably is a reminder to him about how he failed to save her and how everything he did went to shit.....Her being made of coils is just the nail in the coffin too :("

that's an interesting way to look at it, it should look like a joke, or very creepy, to have an android which is almost the same as a deceased person you cared about

"I really hope that when Kyouma wakes up, that he stops treating Mira so badly and embraces her because she truly represents the spirit of his wife"

i really hope not, but not faulting mira or not venting his frustration and guild complex on her would be a nice change

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#32 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:29 AM

With these flahbacks I can't help but say that Loser really is a loser. He's blaming Kyoma and other people for the results of a decision he himself made. If he really is Julian like they implied, he had the choice to not go with the mad scientist bent on making the world his enemy for the freedom of exploring science no matter how dangerous the result, but he chose wrong and paid the price. I think even he knows deep down that he chose wrong and is just trying to keep himself going by blaming others until he can somehow find a way to right his wrongs, but he really is a loser for lashing out at Kyoma like he did.

#33 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:46 AM

@death2boredom
"I think even he knows deep down that he chose wrong and is just trying to keep himself going by blaming others until he can somehow find a way to right his wrongs, but he really is a loser for lashing out at Kyoma like he did."

we don't know the full story yet, maybe he was trying too to do something about it, but kyoma rushed in and made the whole place explode while not realizing what he was doing

anyway we'll see

i was wondering why salva got all that attention if so far he doesn't seems to have any direct connection to the island story

then realized salva, differently than kyoma, managed to make a second body for his little brother and made it work, while with miyabi a body got made too(mira) but the transfer didn't work

so maybe salva role is showing there was a way to save miyabi and by changing the possibilities maybe she could still be alive (but maybe mira would then not exist)

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#34 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

This episode trolled me so hard with Lwai lol

Here I am feeling sad and pissed off by the way that this kid died even after seeing everything that he's went through, but we're good now Dimension W

I swear if that kid died and Mira stopped my revenge for no reason I was gonna be angry xD But man Kyouma went apeshit on that guy lol....I was really impressed with his fight scenes

Other than that, it's great how things continue to be even more connected, but finding out about what happens to people when they enter the void and then seeing it in person via Doug was pretty tragic....This ultimate coil thing has my interest now though

The scene with Loser was pretty cool as well and I hope that both he and his daughter manages to beat that blonde guy and make it out okay but I can't help but feel that he's probably going to die anyway :(

Other than that, great episode as usual and I hope that we get to see more flashbacks in the next episode particularly with Loser and his wife

Lastly, I smiled out of this world when Kyouma saved Mira and then rubbed his hand through her hair and said thanks.....What she did in the beginning with the siblings was awesome and I'm glad that Kyouma acknowledged her for it....He's finally coming around :''')

Edited by Tokoya, 13 March 2016 - 09:41 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

This episode was something else....This villain guy is a sick son of a bitch

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:05 PM

so the nothingness was created by a faulty device which drained all the area of the energy from DW :laugh: :lolxg:

it's as if someone connected too many air conditioners and caused a blackout :lolxg:

that poor mouse in the transporting experiments :lmao:

more than crazy, that shemayer is dumb, it's not like retrying more times will have a different effect if nothing gets changed in the settings...

This episode was something else....This villain guy is a sick son of a bitch

him going "next" was really sick

and that last part, wut? he transformed the wife of loser into a flesh robot?

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#37 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:59 PM

more than crazy, that shemayer is dumb, it's not like retrying more times will have a different effect if nothing gets changed in the settings...

The whole point of Dimension W is that it is where all possibilities reside. If you take that into account, using a perfect coil to draw upon the power of those possibilities in order to produce a specific result could result in a different result each time unless you understood the mechanism by which the specific result you desire is produced. What Shemyer was doing with his repeated experiment was most likely using the perfect coil and the working teleporter as many times as needed until the result he desired was brought into reality. After that, he would be able to analyze the data and/or it would automatically be stored in Genesis so that he could repeat the result without error.

You have to think of the teleporter experiment as something like Schrodinger's Cat which was mentioned earlier in the episode to explain why observing possibility even when being perceptive of it is a currently achievable feat. With Srodinger's cat, there is a chance that when you open the box the cat will be alive or dead and there is no way to know how many times you will achieve which result unless you open the box. Shemyer was opening the box until he found a living cat so that he could understand what it took for that single possibility to occur.

Of course, this is all fake science and concept, and I'm not scientist or philosopher. However, this is just how I took what was being done by Shemyer as signifying. I don't think I even thought about it until reading your post, so thank you for giving me the chance to consider such an odd concept. If you take this concept even further, a world where such a mechanism exists would give a person the ability to chose only the possibilities they desire and live in an "ideal" reality. I suppose you could say virtual reality is a close second to this, but conceptually I suppose there isn't a difference since in both cases if its the individual living with that reality who chose it for themselves, its their ideal.

Edited by death2boredom, 22 March 2016 - 04:12 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#38 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:43 AM

"What Shemyer was doing with his repeated experiment was most likely using the perfect coil and the working teleporter as many times as needed until the result he desired was brought into reality. After that, he would be able to analyze the data and/or it would automatically be stored in Genesis so that he could repeat the result without error."
that makes more sense

even if it sounds like cheating reality by solving an unsolvable problem by forcing a new possibility into it, that's a very not scientific way to go about it :lmao:

i mean, it's like observing you can't fit a square into a triangle, and instead of changing the socket to be a square, you go and make it "possible" to fit a square into a triangle, by creating that new possibility :lmao:

unless he was forcing an unlikely, but possible, scenario, and then as you said, looking it up to discover how to reproduce it

still, that looks like looking for a solution by randomizing the results, like trying to solve the problem 2+2= ? by setting random values into the result until you get the right one....  :u (oh right, that's how physics seems to work.... i always hated that "finding a solution by trying out random stuff until you get it right")

"Of course, this is all fake science and concept"

it's not about being fake or not i think, but if it is reasonable or if it doesn't make any sense

Edited by Zeando, 23 March 2016 - 06:12 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

#39 death2boredom

death2boredom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

"What Shemyer was doing with his repeated experiment was most likely using the perfect coil and the working teleporter as many times as needed until the result he desired was brought into reality. After that, he would be able to analyze the data and/or it would automatically be stored in Genesis so that he could repeat the result without error."
that makes more sense

even if it sounds like cheating reality by solving an unsolvable problem by forcing a new possibility into it, that's a very not scientific way to go about it :lmao:

i mean, it's like observing you can't fit a square into a triangle, and instead of changing the socket to be a square, you go and make it "possible" to fit a square into a triangle, by creating that new possibility :lmao:

unless he was forcing an unlikely, but possible, scenario, and then as you said, looking it up to discover how to reproduce it

still, that looks like looking for a solution by randomizing the results, like trying to solve the problem 2+2= ? by setting random values into the result until you get the right one....  :u (oh right, that's how physics seems to work.... i always hated that "finding a solution by trying out random stuff until you get it right")

"Of course, this is all fake science and concept"

it's not about being fake or not i think, but if it is reasonable or if it doesn't make any sense

You seem to be confusing what happens in this show with what happens in reality. I have no idea why you're trying to apply science to something that's both fiction and a conceptualized vision of a world more advanced than ours. I also don't think you understand the concept of a "dimension" where all "possibilities" exists. If such a thing truly existed, it would not only be an infinite structure but an infinite structure that contains all other infinite structures. Accessing something like that with no limitations could conceptually result in a change in reality. Using your example of of fitting a square peg into a triangle slot, by accessing Dimension W you could either change the peg into the shape of the slot or vice versa. Since you are accessing a place where all possibilities exist, you are able to change your reality into one where you do hold the right peg for the right slot even if you started out with the wrong peg for the wrong slot. Time travel, alternate realities, and any other thing you can imagine becomes possible.

Its not something as simple as 2 + 2 = 4 because there is no solid and definite concept like the numbers 2 and 4. We're talking about a world of ever changing variables that continue to infinitely interact where anything that can physically happen is happening. At the very least, that's my understanding of it. So while Schmeyer's method may be crazy, it could produce the results he sought. Simply by accessing that kind of conceptual place without limits and safe guards you stand to alter the very reality you are in. Kyouma's successful teleportation could have been the result of a change in variables, or the result of Schmeyer's successful experiment. The only way to know that would be to remove Kyouma from that situation and have the experiment run again, but I do believe that in a world where you can access limitless possibilities such an experiment would produce results.

Once again though, we are talking about fiction and concepts that I assume neither of us has any qualifications addressing. If you are an acclaimed Theoretical Physicist or the first successful time traveler with knowledge of future scientific advancements though, I bow my head to you. Otherwise, this was just a fun little thought that came to my mind when I really thought about the possibilities that exist with access to a limitless world of possibilities, and I personally want to leave it at that. If you want to find flaw in what I've said this time as well, go ahead, but I'm not going to reply. 

Edited by death2boredom, 23 March 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#40 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

"I have no idea why you're trying to apply science to something that's both fiction and a conceptualized vision of a world more advanced than ours."

i am not, i'm trying to apply common sense

"I also don't think you understand the concept of a "dimension" where all "possibilities" exists."

i'm fully understanding it, my objection is about looking for a new possibility to play outside the rules, instead of finding a solution inside the "normal" (=already existing) rules, i find that questionable

"Its not something as simple as 2 + 2 = 4"

it was an example, obviously, you've to look past it

"So while Schmeyer's method may be crazy, it could produce the results he sought."

i'm not saying he wouldn't, just that's a questionable method to get to a result, and not cause people died, but cause that way he's avoiding to look into the already existing rules which didn't normally allow him to have a result by normal means

to make an other example, it's like having a closed door, you need the key to open it, so normally you would need to find the key to open the door, what shemeyer did is similar to breaking the door while not using any key

i find that way questionable, or to use a different word, inelegant

"Once again though, we are talking about fiction and concepts that I assume neither of us has any qualifications addressing."

i think instead anything can be questioned, at least on a common sense level of reasoning, you don't need any qualifications to apply common sense

"this was just a fun little thought that came to my mind when I really thought about the possibilities that exist with access to a limitless world of possibilities"

it has always been like that, weren't you taking this little thought too seriously?

speculations are all about having fun exploring concepts

"If you want to find flaw in what I've said this time as well"

i didn't point any flaw, did i? aren't you really taking this too seriously? o.o

----

just reread this part

"I have no idea why you're trying to apply science to something that's both fiction and a conceptualized vision of a world more advanced than ours."

are you aware what are science fictions? saying you can't question or reason on things because they're based on future events/developments would remove the main appeal of that genre, just saying

Edited by Zeando, 23 March 2016 - 12:05 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users