27 replies to this topic

#21 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

Easily the best episode the season. Everything about it from the action to the dialogue to the songs and the silences. Be always liked this show but episode 8 alone gives it rewatch value.
Im really looking forward to next week and how they'll continue the story. It looks like we'll have a quiet episode next week but who knows after that.
Also the opening fits the anime perfectly. Dimension W is my overall favorite but this is the only other one I never skip
  • Tokoya likes this

#22 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 06 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

Just finished watching it and I must say that this was a very nice chill breather episode....Great follow up to last week in terms to how everyone are moving on as well

However the parts with Mary were easily the best and seeing her gradually put down her defences in front of Haru just makes me want to ship them even more and we all know that they have feelings for each other at this point

My favorite part though was with Haru's master....I missed seeing her gorgeous self so much and LMAO at how she was abusing him but I'm a sexual type of way even xD The OST was really nice in this episode as usual too

Looking forward to the mines expedition which should add to the world building aspects that this episode has set up....The title of the next episode has me worried a little though

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#23 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

The OTP rises and rises....Such an awesome finale

Apart from Shouwa, this show has been the most consistent series in the entire season and for that and many other reasons, this is my #2 of the season

9/10 for me

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#24 Namikaze_Naruto

Namikaze_Naruto

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • LocationSmallville

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

OTP

CekNhkVW8AE06Zu.jpg

Overall I give this series 7/10

• Tokoya likes this

My Anime List | My Manga List

naruhinasig1.png

The Return of my Old Sig!

Spoiler Quotes

#25 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:18 AM

Just needed to express how much I loved this show. My favourite of the season for sure. (I didn't watch that Shouwa Genroku series that everyone's praising, and Erased went downhill for me)

If it weren't so painful, it would almost be funny how some people reacted to this show though. Mostly just from the crowd who expected something like SAO lol. One of the few anime that I actually think I'll go and read the LN version.

• Tokoya likes this

#26 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

Binged through the anime, then went on to marathon the Light Novels up to the latest vol.10

When just about every LN/anime is doubling down on the all-mighty, Mary Sue protagonist trope, this author is one of the few that's doing the average, neighborhood hero to an almost painful extent. Other then sharing the game-like fantasy setting with SAO, it's pretty much a polar opposite for just about everything else. SAO revolves around Kirito being a solo-badass and saving the day with innate talent, while Grimgar is all about the struggle of layman Haruhiro trying to be a leader and keeping his party alive day-by-day. It's a painstaking coming-of-age story where every growth comes in baby steps and whenever Haruhiro starts developing even a slight sign of hubris, the harsh reality of Grimgar slams him into despair.

In terms of the anime, it's a pretty faithful adaption of vol 1 & 2, with some of the world building / foreshadowing fat thrown out for the sake of keeping things standalone in a single season. The anime character design looks very different from the LN art though for better or worse. Characters are more or less the same, although I feel like they simplified Shihoru's character a bit and Haruhiro's more hero-like than he is portrayed in LN. The anime ended up having to drag out vol1 because they pretty much had to end at vol 2 (since there's no way they could end on vol3), so the pacing is a bit slow at the start but nothing too much to complain about.

Chances of Season 2 is probably slim, but would love to see vol3 animated and they could probably squeeze up to vol 5 on a single season. (although it's going to be pretty heartbreaking to watch)

With the way the latest vol10 ended, vol11 is going to decide whether we get the most tragic hero ever, or finally a glimmer of relief for our hero's party.

Edited by ruggia, 14 April 2017 - 01:40 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

#27 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

It was a few months ago, but I remember the novels stopping any kind of fan translation around volume 3. I don't blame you if you want to comment about the stuff you read (I mean, that's one of the only two reasons to read a book), but if you're bringing up events that we can't possibly confirm, I'm going to be very disappointed. If, on the other hand, I'm wrong and there is a translation beyond that somewhere on the interwebs, I will instead be profoundly grateful to you for bringing this up to my attention.

I never really commented on it, but I liked the anime a lot, and it was kind of amusing watching the Bluray version to see how much they mangled that final episode. Is there really no hope for a season 2? Should I just forget about it and just pick up the official translation?

samisig.jpg

#28 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

It was a few months ago, but I remember the novels stopping any kind of fan translation around volume 3. I don't blame you if you want to comment about the stuff you read (I mean, that's one of the only two reasons to read a book), but if you're bringing up events that we can't possibly confirm, I'm going to be very disappointed. If, on the other hand, I'm wrong and there is a translation beyond that somewhere on the interwebs, I will instead be profoundly grateful to you for bringing this up to my attention.

seems like J-Novel Club started releasing official translations of the parts of vol.4 a few days ago and have a weekly(?) release schedule for the rest of the volume (and probably beyond?)

https://j-novel.club...-the-led-part-1

I never really commented on it, but I liked the anime a lot, and it was kind of amusing watching the Bluray version to see how much they mangled that final episode. Is there really no hope for a season 2? Should I just forget about it and just pick up the official translation?

Never say never, but it's certainly gonna take a bit of good fortune. There's still a decent window till the end of this year, but once we pass that, it's slim.

Edited by ruggia, 18 April 2017 - 08:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users