1022 replies to this topic

#1021 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

The manga has such a different energy when Saitama is in it. The last two chapters have been great. Him punching Rover and sending that giant shock wave across the whole underground facility and everyone wondering what it was was fun. Then of course Nyan's reaction to seeing it and then trying to attack Saitama was hilarious as always. People being super surprised at Saitama's power is the longest running and most used joke in the series probably, but honestly, it never gets old. I laugh every time.

And Tornado finally confronting Gyoro was great to see. She is so brutal when she wants to be. That is something I've been waiting to see for a while, but what has been a nice surprise was all the add scenes with Orochi's character. So far in this arc he has been in what might be some of my favorite drawn panels in the series. Before during his fight with Garou I really liked the way he was drawn when he was mimicking Garou's moves, but the panels in the most recent chapter were probably even better. Him climbing up that hole to confront Saitama after realizing how big a threat Saitama was (I like how Orochi noticed this as it adds more intelligence to his character) was done so well. It is so rare to see in a manga or comic "depth of view". Everything is usually on a 2D plane and when you get pages that showcase something like that where it changes the perspective of what you normally see it really stands out. Murata was really able to give that whole scene so much weight and energy as Orochi shot up that hole and appeared before Saitama.

#1022 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:13 PM

The manga has such a different energy when Saitama is in it. The last two chapters have been great. Him punching Rover and sending that giant shock wave across the whole underground facility and everyone wondering what it was was fun. Then of course Nyan's reaction to seeing it and then trying to attack Saitama was hilarious as always. People being super surprised at Saitama's power is the longest running and most used joke in the series probably, but honestly, it never gets old. I laugh every time.

And Tornado finally confronting Gyoro was great to see. She is so brutal when she wants to be. That is something I've been waiting to see for a while, but what has been a nice surprise was all the add scenes with Orochi's character. So far in this arc he has been in what might be some of my favorite drawn panels in the series. Before during his fight with Garou I really liked the way he was drawn when he was mimicking Garou's moves, but the panels in the most recent chapter were probably even better. Him climbing up that hole to confront Saitama after realizing how big a threat Saitama was (I like how Orochi noticed this as it adds more intelligence to his character) was done so well. It is so rare to see in a manga or comic "depth of view". Everything is usually on a 2D plane and when you get pages that showcase something like that where it changes the perspective of what you normally see it really stands out. Murata was really able to give that whole scene so much weight and energy as Orochi shot up that hole and appeared before Saitama.

Are you going to be embarrassed in a couple of chapters!(Has read ONE version so I know what's really going on!)

Edited by Graeystone, 30 April 2019 - 11:14 PM.

• Shin likes this

Posted Image

#1023 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:34 AM

Are you going to be embarrassed in a couple of chapters!(Has read ONE version so I know what's really going on!)

Oh I'm not expecting anything from Orochi but I just love the way Murata drew the scenes with him, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users