1083 replies to this topic

#1021 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

The manga has such a different energy when Saitama is in it. The last two chapters have been great. Him punching Rover and sending that giant shock wave across the whole underground facility and everyone wondering what it was was fun. Then of course Nyan's reaction to seeing it and then trying to attack Saitama was hilarious as always. People being super surprised at Saitama's power is the longest running and most used joke in the series probably, but honestly, it never gets old. I laugh every time.

And Tornado finally confronting Gyoro was great to see. She is so brutal when she wants to be. That is something I've been waiting to see for a while, but what has been a nice surprise was all the add scenes with Orochi's character. So far in this arc he has been in what might be some of my favorite drawn panels in the series. Before during his fight with Garou I really liked the way he was drawn when he was mimicking Garou's moves, but the panels in the most recent chapter were probably even better. Him climbing up that hole to confront Saitama after realizing how big a threat Saitama was (I like how Orochi noticed this as it adds more intelligence to his character) was done so well. It is so rare to see in a manga or comic "depth of view". Everything is usually on a 2D plane and when you get pages that showcase something like that where it changes the perspective of what you normally see it really stands out. Murata was really able to give that whole scene so much weight and energy as Orochi shot up that hole and appeared before Saitama.

#1022 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:13 PM

The manga has such a different energy when Saitama is in it. The last two chapters have been great. Him punching Rover and sending that giant shock wave across the whole underground facility and everyone wondering what it was was fun. Then of course Nyan's reaction to seeing it and then trying to attack Saitama was hilarious as always. People being super surprised at Saitama's power is the longest running and most used joke in the series probably, but honestly, it never gets old. I laugh every time.

And Tornado finally confronting Gyoro was great to see. She is so brutal when she wants to be. That is something I've been waiting to see for a while, but what has been a nice surprise was all the add scenes with Orochi's character. So far in this arc he has been in what might be some of my favorite drawn panels in the series. Before during his fight with Garou I really liked the way he was drawn when he was mimicking Garou's moves, but the panels in the most recent chapter were probably even better. Him climbing up that hole to confront Saitama after realizing how big a threat Saitama was (I like how Orochi noticed this as it adds more intelligence to his character) was done so well. It is so rare to see in a manga or comic "depth of view". Everything is usually on a 2D plane and when you get pages that showcase something like that where it changes the perspective of what you normally see it really stands out. Murata was really able to give that whole scene so much weight and energy as Orochi shot up that hole and appeared before Saitama.

Are you going to be embarrassed in a couple of chapters!(Has read ONE version so I know what's really going on!)

Edited by Graeystone, 30 April 2019 - 11:14 PM.

• Shin likes this

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#1023 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:34 AM

Are you going to be embarrassed in a couple of chapters!(Has read ONE version so I know what's really going on!)

Oh I'm not expecting anything from Orochi but I just love the way Murata drew the scenes with him, lol.

#1024 Hikari-Senca

Hikari-Senca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:05 AM

God bless murata https://mangadex.org/chapter/623047/1

#1025 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:23 AM

Orochi was so cool to me. A little disappointed that we probably won’t get to see him anymore. Cant wait to see the other dragon lvl monsters

Edited by PunkHazard, 26 May 2019 - 12:36 AM.

#1026 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, I was impressed by Orochi as well. When we first saw him I figured he would be more of a mindless monster that Gyoro Gyoro was controlling, but in his fight here with Saitama he really came across as logical and smart. He recognized that Saitama was the biggest threat there and went to him, and then he correctly figured out that Saitama was also the mysterious monster of City Z that was killing all these big monsters like Gouketsu and Elder Centipede.

Then in the fight he was fairly impressive too. Being able to counter and even catch Saitama when he was attacking, even if it was all for naught. I also really liked his final transformation into a more sleek version of himself and how he incorporated all the hydra heads in his fighting. That blast that tore a giant hole that cut off the subway line was a cool visual, especially when it made the whole city rise up. He ended up only getting defeated with a normal punch, but I wonder if he will reappear at all as it seems like his head fell and it wasn't completely destroyed. 

• Red Opus likes this

#1027 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:36 AM

Somewhat I'm glad he wasn't stronger than Boros. Like "each arc we get stronger and stronger last bosses". Next one will probably Garou, and then...

#1028 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

so orochi is weaker than boros? 

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#1029 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Hey orochi, you tried, and lasted more time then most. Cool enemy but.....Saitama.

#1030 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

I'm surprised we got a normal punch out of Saitama.

• Red Opus likes this

#1031 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:27 PM

so orochi is weaker than boros? 

so it seems, but i somewhat like orochi better

#1032 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:34 PM

I don't think orochi done yet... but i do feel a complete shift in focus will come about..

#1033 Hikari-Senca

Hikari-Senca

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:09 AM

https://mangadex.org/chapter/628947/1

#1034 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

Wow. Just wow.

#1035 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:30 AM

"is it darkshine" lol i hate this so much, even tho darkshine is my favorite hero, it would be funny for tatsumaki to figure out who saitama is

#1036 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:37 AM

She doesnt even know he is here though.

Edited by pyrogenic, 01 June 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#1037 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

King OP

#1038 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

She doesnt even know he is here though.

obviously...

#1039 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

respect on murata he keeps working after his fathers death. No time to rest I guess.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#1040 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

respect on murata he keeps working after his fathers death. No time to rest I guess.

For an artists who love art, drawing would probably be the best way for him to feel better.

• Chillman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users