#1 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:20 PM

146047.jpg

Discuss the Captain of the Fire Tank Pirates & Native of the West Blue.

Edited by DaEvilWithin, 17 January 2016 - 03:55 PM.

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#2 Chizi

Chizi

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

Thanks Ddboy!

Now as said in the other thread, I can't wait to see what his castle fruit can do.  I get the feeling that not only can he use his fruit to make himself to be a human fortress, containing all those people, but also his body literally acts as fortress in terms of durability, similar to vergo or maybe close to diamond jozu  :)

For a man to stand up again, he needs one thing...to make excuses.

Takamura Mamoru.

#3 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

I'm very interested in what other uses his power have & if he has any techniques. I mean his Devil Fruit makes him look more a tactical fighter instead of a straight up brawler like his compatriots so Oda's gonna have to be very creative for when he gets a fight scene. 

• eemo23, Chizi and YoWid like this

#4 Chizi

Chizi

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

I'm very interested in what other uses his power have & if he has any techniques. I mean his Devil Fruit makes him look more a tactical fighter instead of a straight up brawler like his compatriots so Oda's gonna have to be very creative for when he gets a fight scene. 

Agreed. To be honest, even though does logically seem like he may be tactical fighter, i'm hoping that he still is physical powerhouse and can handle himself if he doesn't have any men or weapons on him.

Takamura Mamoru.

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,769 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:26 AM

You know, if the SH don't have to fight him soon and delay it till the future, as in now they will fight Yonkou only (because I think all the Supernova who went under Yonkou wing have hidden agenda and won't be counted as full-fledged Yonkou underlings), the ''remnant of past era'' so to speak and will only fight the same generation later, I hope Franky vs Capone. They are all tanks with a bunch of equipment.

Btw, this guy is from West Blue...the others are Robin, Brook and Shanks off the top of my head. Cool company!

Edited by Fulmine, 17 January 2016 - 02:26 AM.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#6 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:51 AM

Ugly rat.
Counting on the Monster duo Luzo to get rid of him asap cause I'll go blind If I have to see his face for most of 2016. Yikes.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#7 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:05 AM

I like this guy, he just gives off proper bad guy vibes cos he always looks grim. Fire Tank Pirates is a freaking badass name for a crew as well so points for that too.

Hope to see Sanji woop dat ass in the future, that just seems like a pretty awesome matchup considering the way they interacted last chapter.

#8 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:27 AM

It be a good shake up since all Sanji does is fight martial artists. 

#9 Strawhats

Strawhats

Nakama Gatherer <3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:01 AM

Bege v Sanji would make for an interesting match up, he seems like a smart guy so it would be a more technical fight.
  • Sanji, Kazekage and YoWid like this

53815365.gif

#10 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,530 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

Since Bege is a "Castle Man", i wonder if his DF also enhances his own defensive capabilities, making him more durable, akin to a fortress. It would fit the way such constructs were able to survive extended sieges, often ending up surrendering only due to the lack of vital resources. Maybe the attacks aimed at his body shrink as well both in size and power, to the same extent the one's residing there do.

• Kazekage, Chizi and YoWid like this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#11 Fleet

Fleet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

He must either have CoO, or be really good at anticipating situations. He got Veto to capture Nami and Chopper, so he knew they had followed Sanji and Brook, and worked out or sensed where Caeser was. Even Sanji admitted Bege had everything going the way he wanted it.

#12 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,530 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:30 AM

He must either have CoO, or be really good at anticipating situations. He got Veto to capture Nami and Chopper, so he knew they had followed Sanji and Brook, and worked out or sensed where Caeser was. Even Sanji admitted Bege had everything going the way he wanted it.

Probably both, honestly i expect all Supernova of "The Worst Generation" to be capable of at least basic usage of both CoA and CoO.

Edited by Sanji, 17 January 2016 - 08:30 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#13 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

this character is 10 out of 10 all around, his powers are amazing, his personality is killer, his actions speak for themselves, and his American design got sweg.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

Oda sure made nice work making a character jumping up from who-the-hell-is-this-supposedly-storng-and-quite-lame-guy to one of the seemingly coolest guy and topic of (presumably) many weeks to become

• Chizi and capu like this

#15 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

Since Bege is a "Castle Man", i wonder if his DF also enhances his own defensive capabilities, making him more durable, akin to a fortress. It would fit the way such constructs were able to survive extended sieges, often ending up surrendering only due to the lack of vital resources. Maybe the attacks aimed at his body shrink as well both in size and power, to the same extent the one's residing there do.

That's exactly what I said some months ago, when capone was first seen and we still didn't know where he was. If he has the power to shrink attacks aimed at him he can be really powerfull.

Rememer how in the first panel we saw his power, the cannon bullets and soldiers got to their normal size when passing through a barrier?

If that barrier works the same way when something goes towards him, imagine how every punch becomes useless (or he could even open a door in his body and let the punch just pass through his body)  :aww:

Edited by Madara D Dragon, 17 January 2016 - 09:17 AM.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#16 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,530 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

That's exactly what I said some months ago, when capone was first seen and we still didn't know where he was. If he has the power to shrink attacks aimed at him he can be really powerfull.

Rememer how in the first panel we saw his power, the cannon bullets and soldiers got to their normal size when passing through a barrier?

If that barrier works the same way when something goes towards him, imagine how every punch becomes useless (or he could even open a door in his body and let the punch just pass through his body)  :aww:

Yeah, that can be seen accurately in the manga as well

Spoiler

And i bet post time skip his range increased too, just like Law's rooms became much bigger. It's possible that simply trying to engage him in an even remotely close range fight will get you affected by his ability.

On top of that, i think he might be getting other advantages while fighting opponents that he manages to trap inside himself. Maybe that tiny avatar he can create there is incredibly strong, or he can use reality warping powers. Maybe the reality powers are enabled by the Awakening of his DF, which would be a possible interpretation of him being the absolute "King" of the Castle, having godlike powers within.

• Abu Dun and Madara D Dragon like this

xGzqj0x.gif

#17 Chizi

Chizi

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

this character is 10 out of 10 all around, his powers are amazing, his personality is killer, his actions speak for themselves, and his American design got sweg.

I dont know why I always figured he'd have a british accent because of his elegant, mature attitude, which funny enough contrasts with his ruthless violent side, lol! Ah Oda, is there anything you can not do?

Edited by Chizi, 17 January 2016 - 10:07 AM.

• retroluffy13 likes this

Takamura Mamoru.

#18 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

It would be amazing if we later saw the SH Grand Fleet (or any army under Luffy's wing) besiege Capone... Capone just standing there while his enemies bring their cannons and artillery to attack him, and try to breach his walls and so on :lol:

Now for his position in the BM-pirates - I think he only waited for a chance to overthrow with Pekoms and possibly Tamago to rise in BM's eyes, probably to get close enough to her to overthrow her later. With this, Pekoms might suddenly find himself allied with the SHs to save Sanji from BM and BM from Capone. Great situation.

@ddboy102 : Could you maybe change the thread title to include the [Character]-tag and have his name in the correct order (Capone "Gang" Bege)?

• retroluffy13 and capu like this

#19 Chizi

Chizi

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:22 AM

Oda sure made nice work making a character jumping up from who-the-hell-is-this-supposedly-storng-and-quite-lame-guy to one of the seemingly coolest guy and topic of (presumably) many weeks to become

Yeah hopefully it'll be his time to shine.  I like how oda gradually introduces each supernova properly in that we get to know more about them.  He has introduced all of them, but not properly, when I mean properly mean more of their personalities and the name and capabilities of their DF's.  When they were introduced in SA, their DF's were revealed but not introduced properly.  Law's df was officially stated in the beginning of Punk Hazard, now Capone's been introduced as well, so gradually i think thats how the rest would be introduced.

Takamura Mamoru.

#20 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

I see him more as a dungeon man. I think we're looking at a potentially interesting rescue arc later on when someone storms the castle and attempt to "defeat" Bege by conquering his castle.  Ofcourse since he is the castle, he will have some reign to manipulate the invaders (up to a point, his cannons don't seem to fire themselves and needed crew).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users