• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,590 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

That's exactly what I said some months ago, when capone was first seen and we still didn't know where he was. If he has the power to shrink attacks aimed at him he can be really powerfull.

Rememer how in the first panel we saw his power, the cannon bullets and soldiers got to their normal size when passing through a barrier?

If that barrier works the same way when something goes towards him, imagine how every punch becomes useless (or he could even open a door in his body and let the punch just pass through his body)  :aww:

Yeah, that can be seen accurately in the manga as well

And i bet post time skip his range increased too, just like Law's rooms became much bigger. It's possible that simply trying to engage him in an even remotely close range fight will get you affected by his ability.

On top of that, i think he might be getting other advantages while fighting opponents that he manages to trap inside himself. Maybe that tiny avatar he can create there is incredibly strong, or he can use reality warping powers. Maybe the reality powers are enabled by the Awakening of his DF, which would be a possible interpretation of him being the absolute "King" of the Castle, having godlike powers within.

Physics-wise, the attacks coming at him may not be weakened and even get much stronger if the change in size doesn't mean the change in mass. In short, their speed and mass stay the same and now they are even deadlier cause the area of contact is much smaller => more pressure. :lolxg:

But yeah, all of those possibilities make his fruit extremely potential. Making incoming attacks weaker by decreasing their size or and even let them pass through him (if his opponent is Luffy who can stretch) by opening two...windows on his castle then trap the arm in there. That must be annoying as fuck. Although that depends on how far his range is and how quick the shrinking rate is. But there you have some effective defensive barrier.

The absolute power within his castle is something I also thought about. Kinda like how Shunsui's shikai makes everyone obey his game rule within a range.

But the thing is...he actually doesn't fight alone. His crew is inside. With preparation, the dude is very hax cause if he armed himself a bunch of Pacifista inside and sea stone bullets :laugh: Man, he can shoot from anywhere on his body. You catch his hands and think ''he can't shoot me now'' then suddenly you see a door opened on his stomach and a bunch of sea stone bullets or Pacifista laser shot at you. Bye Bye DF users!

• Sanji, eemo23, superfranky and 1 other like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

Oh shit imagine if he somehow got those new Pacifista's. I mean Big Mom's prolly got unlimited resources. 

#23 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,605 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

Oh shit imagine if he somehow got those new Pacifista's. I mean Big Mom's prolly got unlimited resources. 

We know she has financial problems as shown in the FI-arc, so much that two sunken ships put a strain on her ressources. They aren't exactly unlimited.

• Sanji likes this

#24 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:27 PM

Actually Tamago pointed out how she's short on $ back in FI

Spoiler

We know she has financial problems as shown in the FI-arc, so much that two sunken ships put a strain on her ressources. They aren't exactly unlimited.

All them Tea Parties taking a toll on her finances, also worth keeping in mind as a potential motivation for the wedding we are about to have.

• Red Opus likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#25 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Physics-wise, the attacks coming at him may not be weakened and even get much stronger if the change in size doesn't mean the change in mass. In short, their speed and mass stay the same and now they are even deadlier cause the area of contact is much smaller => more pressure. :lolxg:

But yeah, all of those possibilities make his fruit extremely potential. Making incoming attacks weaker by decreasing their size or and even let them pass through him (if his opponent is Luffy who can stretch) by opening two...windows on his castle then trap the arm in there. That must be annoying as fuck. Although that depends on how far his range is and how quick the shrinking rate is. But there you have some effective defensive barrier.

The absolute power within his castle is something I also thought about. Kinda like how Shunsui's shikai makes everyone obey his game rule within a range.

But the thing is...he actually doesn't fight alone. His crew is inside. With preparation, the dude is very hax cause if he armed himself a bunch of Pacifista inside and sea stone bullets :laugh: Man, he can shoot from anywhere on his body. You catch his hands and think ''he can't shoot me now'' then suddenly you see a door opened on his stomach and a bunch of sea stone bullets or Pacifista laser shot at you. Bye Bye DF users!

But why would their mass stay the same? If they shrink the most logical thinking (at least to me) would be that they lose mass too. I mean, do you think Capone has like... lets say only 100 people inside, and each one conserving his mass, 65 kg each, he would be extremely heavy! I think losing mass when losing size it's a given here.

And by the way, even if it wasn't with luffy, he could use the barrier against a normal punch, the punch passes the barrier, he opens a door, and the tiny punch isn't long enough to reach spmething inside the body. So that would be an incredibly cool defense (of course, if Oda did it)

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,590 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

But why would their mass stay the same? If they shrink the most logical thinking (at least to me) would be that they lose mass too. I mean, do you think Capone has like... lets say only 100 people inside, and each one conserving his mass, 65 kg each, he would be extremely heavy! I think losing mass when losing size it's a given here.

Magic.

6.5 tons are not a lot. Hajrudin just punched a 10000 tons Machvise to the sky.

Or as the fruit user he doesn't feel anything if things are inside him. But things coming to him may be different. Or there's something to do if he wants them to weight less.

And by the way, even if it wasn't with luffy, he could use the barrier against a normal punch, the punch passes the barrier, he opens a door, and the tiny punch isn't long enough to reach spmething inside the body. So that would be an incredibly cool defense (of course, if Oda did it)

I know, that's why I said ''if his opponent is Luffy''.

#27 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Magic.

6.5 tons are not a lot. Hajrudin just punched a 10000 tons Machvise to the sky.

Or as the fruit user he doesn't feel anything if things are inside him. But things coming to him may be different. Or there's something to do if he wants them to weight less.

Yes, well, I agree it may be possible, but I think the simplest explanation is for mass to reduce when size is reduced, right? I'm just guessing simplest=most possible (occam's razor, or however you write his name), but of course, it could be another way, that's why we're just guessing on different uses of his power

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#28 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

But would those bullets actually shrink? DDs cage couldn't cut the factory made of sea-stone

#29 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:59 PM

Ugly rat.
Counting on the Monster duo Luzo to get rid of him asap cause I'll go blind If I have to see his face for most of 2016. Yikes.

you don't like the sexy beard he grew?

• Miss Coquine likes this

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,590 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

Yes, well, I agree it may be possible, but I think the simplest explanation is for mass to reduce when size is reduced, right? I'm just guessing simplest=most possible (occam's razor, or however you write his name), but of course, it could be another way, that's why we're just guessing on different uses of his power

If same density, yeah. Depends on what kind of weakness Oda wants to give him, really, that's why I said ''may not be...if...''. I mean with the same real life physics logic, Luffy should not have problem with sharp objects cause sharp or blunt doesn't matter. What matters is the pressure/energy but in-universe rule says Luffy does have problem so...Oda's call.

But yeah, in OMBR, we would assume the mass decreases.

But would those bullets actually shrink? DDs cage couldn't cut the factory made of sea-stone

DD can't cut it simply because sea stone is hard. It's one of the two hardest materials in the manga so far (the other is that wall Whitebeard could not break in the Marine Ford War). That doesn't have anything to do with sea stone vs DF powers. I know Franky said it, but a character can be wrong and his/her dialogue is limited by his/her knowledge, much less Franky. Law used his DF power to cut the sea stone cuff on Punk Hazard so yeah, you can use DF powers ON sea stone. But if you're cuffed with sea stone then you can't use DF powers. 2 different things!

Plus the dude who holds the sea stone spear in Capone's crew that pinned down Caesar was probably from inside Capone, too, so clearly the sea stone spear shrank, I think.

Anw, a bullet is small. Even if it doesn't shrink, they can still get inside Capone's body no problem. They just have to find another way to fire it if the guns are too small.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

#31 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:34 AM

If same density, yeah. Depends on what kind of weakness Oda wants to give him, really, that's why I said ''may not be...if...''. I mean with the same real life physics logic, Luffy should not have problem with sharp objects cause sharp or blunt doesn't matter. What matters is the pressure/energy but in-universe rule says Luffy does have problem so...Oda's call.

But yeah, in OMBR, we would assume the mass decreases.

DD can't cut it simply because sea stone is hard. It's one of the two hardest materials in the manga so far (the other is that wall Whitebeard could not break in the Marine Ford War). That doesn't have anything to do with sea stone vs DF powers. I know Franky said it, but a character can be wrong and his/her dialogue is limited by his/her knowledge, much less Franky. Law used his DF power to cut the sea stone cuff on Punk Hazard so yeah, you can use DF powers ON sea stone. But if you're cuffed with sea stone then you can't use DF powers. 2 different things!

Plus the dude who holds the sea stone spear in Capone's crew that pinned down Caesar was probably from inside Capone, too, so clearly the sea stone spear shrank, I think.

Anw, a bullet is small. Even if it doesn't shrink, they can still get inside Capone's body no problem. They just have to find another way to fire it if the guns are too small.

Ah, that makes sense ^^ Didn't even remember Law cutting the cuffs so I stand corrected

Edited by Jekkusormi, 18 January 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#32 Gazhead

Gazhead

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLao G

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

since Capone requires actual people to use the weaponry in his body I wonder if CoC haki is able to disable the units inside Capone. It also finally clicked for me, Capone reminds me of Wapol without the clowning

#33 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

There are so many questions about how Capone's powers work. 

#34 eemo23

eemo23

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

Lol and here I was thinking Capone wasn't going to have much of a presence - even though he is a supernova, primarily because I thought many other Supernova would "outshine him" - before he was shown to be working with BM.

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#35 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

All the supernovas will have their time to shine in the story i'm not sure why people are surprised. Oda wouldn't create the supernovas if he didn't plan on expanding (even if just a little) their character and journey. 

• Fulmine likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#36 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

Wonder how strong this guy actually is...I see some people still assuming he has poor durability and is physically weak, and his strength comes from the number and strength of the individual crew members inside his castle body. But being a "castle" man, what if he is actually super durable? Castles are meant to be fortifications to keep enemies out. Not to mention, his crew is called the "fireTANK pirates". His offensive abilities might come almost exclusively from his army, but I'm expecting him to be able to take a beating and keep going. Also, I bet if you don't use strong enough haki in your attack against him, he can shrink you once you get close enough and it lessens the impact of your attack.

• Sanji, Fulmine and Tale like this

ezgif-452787100_zpsrceyt72i.gif

#37 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:05 AM

Wonder how strong this guy actually is...I see some people still assuming he has poor durability and is physically weak, and his strength comes from the number and strength of the individual crew members inside his castle body. But being a "castle" man, what if he is actually super durable? Castles are meant to be fortifications to keep enemies out. Not to mention, his crew is called the "fireTANK pirates". His offensive abilities might come almost exclusively from his army, but I'm expecting him to be able to take a beating and keep going. Also, I bet if you don't use strong enough haki in your attack against him, he can shrink you once you get close enough and it lessens the impact of your attack.

Yeah, that's basically what i was saying as well

Spoiler

With a few speculations i made on the previous page in addition to that. I expect him to match Law in the hax deparment, while being less capable of a fighter outside of his DF powers. As he was presented thus far, it seems that he's meant to be judged as a package with his crew in terms of overall combat ability, and that should cover for a lot of his potential shortcomings.

• MattC302 likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#38 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

I hope he has at least one named crewmember that has above average strength and has a unique fighting style/ability. Like a consigliere that is at least on par with Franky, and an underboss on par with Brook. Then his Capo's can be fodder.

• Sanji likes this

#39 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

Yeah if he actually needs his crew in combat then we need named crew-mates with skillz. Hell it should be fun. I mean imagine all the gangsta references & homages Oda could do. We might even get a Sopranos joke, heheh.  :P

#40 MattC302

MattC302

Blackbeard Jr.

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:43 AM

Capone should have vehicles inside him too. That main door in his chest should be big enough to fit a gangster limosine through. Or a tank...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users